Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:23:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:21:04 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212673.0 - looks like this guy's selling 2 units from 6/23/12, buyers willing to pay 23-25btc currently.  These are for Jalapenos.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0 Xian had orders at 6/24/12 and 6/25/12 for two singles.  Sad
It seems like the demand is there for units ordered this early.

Of course there is demand. I'm not sure what your point is. You assume Single's are going to be shipping imminently. My patience was running out, and BFL made the decision for me.

If Butterfly Labs delivered in a reasonable amount of time or effectively communicated with their (formerly) loyal ASIC customers who invested a couple thousand dollars in their first two days after product announcement, we would not be in this thread today.

I'm sorry that I'm not the type of person who keeps his mouth shut when he is getting figuratively sodomized.

Attempting to address this:

Explain this to me:

Why would the above scenario (as a transaction) be completed in good faith? Ok, go.

I'm not assuming anything about Singles.  I'm only looking at evidence of what the market assumes about them.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:08:43 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212673.0 - looks like this guy's selling 2 units from 6/23/12, buyers willing to pay 23-25btc currently.  These are for Jalapenos.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0 Xian had orders at 6/24/12 and 6/25/12 for two singles.  Sad
It seems like the demand is there for units ordered this early.

Of course there is demand. I'm not sure what your point is. You assume Single's are going to be shipping imminently. My patience was running out, and BFL made the decision for me.

If Butterfly Labs delivered in a reasonable amount of time or effectively communicated with their (formerly) loyal ASIC customers who invested a couple thousand dollars in their first two days after product announcement, we would not be in this thread today.

I'm sorry that I'm not the type of person who keeps his mouth shut when he is getting figuratively sodomized.

You're just the type of person who crawls into bed every night to get "sodomized" and then goes running through the streets every day yelling "I'm being sodomized on a regular basis, you guys!"

And when people say, "Well then stop getting into bed with him, if you don't like it!"

And you say, "HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY OWN BODY! HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME! AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANNOYED BY THE SODOMY. I DESERVE A REACH-AROUND, AT THE VERY LEAST!"

Fair enough, but nobody's going to give a fuck if you insist on crawling into his bed every night.

And when your gay lover finally breaks thing off with you, because you spend your days screaming to the world about the sodomy, and how you're being taken advantage of, and you go running through the streets saying "THIS GUY SODOMIZED ME! And now he has the NERVE to break it off with ME!! MEEE? No, no, that won't do! No, I insist that I broke it off with HIM! And he's the one who is the sodomizer who never gave me a reach-around!"

And nobody continues to give a fuck about you. You made your bed (as it were) now sleep in it.  Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
volosator

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:21:25 AM

Looks like shipment of Singles will begin on 06/01. You could have received your units before 06/15, assuming shipping starts on 1st of the June.
As of today - it's 8 days away. 2 singles hash 120Gh/s, 2x300W power draw, assuming difficulty jumps to 15.2M and your electricity rate is $.25/kWh - you could have made $8k, almost 4 BTC per day (1 BTC=$122) on the top of 100% return on investment within 1st month of operation.

edit: units
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:30:16 AM

Alright, I will address it.

Your intention is, if someone is unhappy with their purchase because:

--BFL failed to deliver.
--Within a reasonable timeframe.
--Don't have any info on when it might even ship.

etc.

Then,

Sell it to someone who thinks they will someday get the miner. But make them pay 15 to 25 times the price for the "opportunity" to own one. Your apparent loss is somehow their certain gain (?).

------------------------

Explain this to me:

Why would the above scenario (as a transaction) be completed in good faith? Ok, go.

You think I will not get my BFL order.
I think I will.
You hope I will not get my BFL order.
I hope I do.

Over-using LARGE size fonts is a sign of a weak argument

[EDIT] you didn't address this guys $15k fail

Keep defending the indefensible...its interesting to watch u and monkey boy aka sonny skirt around direct questions and the level of denial that you exhibit is plain and simple astonishing ...monkey boy is different as he is perpetrating the scam\get rich scheme so he gets a free pass

But u do not ...lol

ALso your moral compass is a delight to watch or should I say not watch as u dont have one...so its good to see that when u finally wake up to this situation (which u will not as some people never move forward in life) u will sell what u believe to be at that time a ripp off or a bad bet to someone else all in good faith of course ....sweet

Or i think your secret plan is to become one of the few inner circle scammers who actually do get product

Good luck with that...Oh and BTW "SUCK IT Notm28 AGAIN"... lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:37:23 AM

Is this a new kind of maneuver where idiot A says something stupid, and idiot B backs him up, on said stupidity being essentially valid??

Whatever happened to just admitting you said something incredibly stupid and working on the next stupidity to come in the near future?

Xian01   20   42.02600000   payment/shipping recieved

20 units = 6GH/s - this guy had a 2012 order and blew it big time

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCZrDbAiz_PdE4tbDR3X3owMHNMb1NyekJGWHN4QlE#gid=0

Unless BFL never ships. Then he comes out ahead.
Especially if there are not enough funds left in the BFL coffers to refund everyone.

His 2012 order would have sold on here (and has done) for at least 5 times what he paid. Just sell it on here if he wasn't happy. Now, instead of having potential $20k he has spent $3-4K and ends up with 6 GH/s

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a fail...

I doubt he could sell $5K of BFL for $25K on these forums, but there are a lot of nitwits would might overpay that badly. I wouldn't say its a slam dunk, but it might be possible. Perhaps you could link to escrow deals where there was a 5x price change.

He converted his potential return into an actual return. There was a lot of friction in the conversion.
I'll await your links to sales (not threads of bids) of BFL orders before commenting further.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:04:34 AM

1. Somebody asked why anybody would do business with BFL, knowing Sonny was involved, and knowing the history of Sonny.
2. I responded that I didn't believe that the case really consisted of much more than an IRS witch hunt (answering the question as to why I don't have any major reservations in dealing with him.
3. You try and distort things and pretend that the IRS wasn't involved.
4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it), since you don't have an acutal arguemnt.
5. You continue to try and distort.
6. You dig up some random post I made on a precious metals thread about having used copper as a sort of 'poor mans gold' because base metal costs are rising, and try and twist it into an association with some obscure correlation with some alleged "penny scheme" because pennies are ALSO made of copper.

6: That was me, and "penny scheme had nothing to do with Sonny. It was his real dad in the 80's.

Then, I redirect my sarcasm in YOUR general direction..

1: It has nothing to do with Sonny as an (ex)felon, and everything to do with similarities being repeated at BFL.

What are you talking about here, exactly? Are you still stuck on the "pennies are made of copper" line of "logic"? SOMEBODY ASKED THAT QUESTION, and I answered, idiot!

2: Maybe the IRS witch hunt is true, but even if Sonny was never arrested, his history is more than enough to raise red flags.

Fair enough. But somebody asked why anybody would buy from BFL in light of that, and I answered accordingly as to why I had proceded. I didn't feel that the allegations against one officer of the company were enough to disuade me from placing an order with said company. It was a direct answer to a question. Nothing more. But you people LOVE to twist words and facts around, and pretend that I'm suddenly denying his entire history, on behalf of the world. I was answering a question. I don't personally put a whole lot of stock in what the IRS/State Department/Postal Service/Justice Department says. They're professional thieves and liars in their own right.
3 & 5: I'm not in this race.

You're not? Then why do you keep distorting what I say, and trying to come up with the most INANE theories about how owning base metals is somehow related to some obscure penny scheme?

Which brings us to numero quatro (4, for those who needed watch Dora the Explorer as kids--which I didn't, for I'm 53).

4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it), since you don't have an acutal arguemnt.

You spelled acutal & arguemnt incorrectly. Did you know there's an app for that if you're using a smartphone? But that's not what's important, for I don't believe there's an app to correct what you MIGHT claim to be an error. Allow me to quote it again:

4. You accuse me of ripping off old ladies of their pensions (or at least supporting it)

Is it just me, or is that something Sonny would say, and not wrenchmonkey? The keyword is "me" oppose to "him" or "sonny", for I don't recall anybody accusing you (wrenchmonkey) of ripping off old ladies of their pensions.

Up to this point, it never occurred to me that you're Sonny, though Josh may have crossed my mind a time or two. But now I'm thinkin' differently.

More mental acrobatics on your part... Apparently you've decided to ignore the entire conversation up to this point, including this little tidbit:

For starters, the charges you're referencing appear to have been little more than an IRS witch hunt. Maybe he voted Republican?  Roll Eyes

It takes a special kind of person to defend a felon convicted of scamming millions of dollars from senior citizens.

Perhaps Wrenchmonkey and Mr. Vleisides have more in common than we thought.   Lips sealed

Which was the segue into you going full-retard with your bizzarre rantings about pennies and storage space, and acrylic cases, which was an ASTRONOMICAL reach at tying something as inconsequential as some light trading in the base metals market and thinking you'd uncovered some secret tie between me and Sonny.  Roll Eyes

So not only have I been passive-aggressively accused of having stolen from old people, I've also been passive-aggressively accused/insinuated to be involved with, and even a few times accused of BEING, Sonny himself.

Didn't anybody tell you you should never go full retard?

Now get back to cleaning your room, you imbecile. You're 53 goddamn years old, and your parents let you live in their basement. All they ask is that you keep your room clean. Is that so much too ask?

You got the 53 goddamn years old right, but parents are dead, and there's bugs in my basement that scare me.  Roll Eyes

But, let's see who's gone full retard, may we?

I've been buying copper, since I can't afford precious metals. Base metals like copper are going up in value as the dollar (and fiat currencies in general) continue to fail.

Explain to me how when the dollar falls, and economies go to pot causing less demand for base metals, copper prices are going to rise?

And to think you're paying close to spot for your copper horde. At least with collecting pennies at a potential ~200+% profit, there's little risk.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:11:44 AM

Explain to me how when the dollar falls, and economies go to pot causing less demand for base metals, copper prices are going to rise?

And to think you're paying close to spot for your copper horde. At least with collecting pennies at a potential ~200+% profit, there's little risk.

Not to mention the fact that copper bullion premiums are prohibitively high. That's why so many sort copper pennies in the first place.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:16:31 AM

Not to mention the fact that copper bullion premiums are prohibitively high. That's why so many sort copper pennies in the first place.

But WM lives next to a copper mine, so he pays less of a premium, but still has to wait for years to see a return, whereas I can make an almost immediate 500% return via buying and selling barn wood, yet I'm the one that's gone full retard.

Somebody tell the short bus driver to open up a couple windows so that WM can get some air.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:27:43 AM

Looks like shipment of Singles will begin on 06/01. You could have received your units before 06/15, assuming shipping starts on 1st of the June.

Respectfully, I've been patient since December. Abundantly patient up until March. April came and went. Here we almost through May.

Anyone would be a fool to think they would start shipping Singles en masse starting June 1st, when Jalapeños have been trickling out at an unpredictable snails pace, since they announced the start of shipping the evening of Sunday March 31st.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:14:23 AM

Anyone would be a fool to think they would start shipping Singles en masse starting June 1st, when Jalapeños have been trickling out at an unpredictable snails pace, since they announced the start of shipping the evening of Sunday March 31st anything a BFL rep said was the least bit credible at this point.

FTFY

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:06:56 AM

But WM lives next to a copper mine, so he pays less of a premium, but still has to wait for years to see a return, whereas I can make an almost immediate 500% return via buying and selling barn wood, yet I'm the one that's gone full retard.

Somebody tell the short bus driver to open up a couple windows so that WM can get some air.

I have many ventures. Some of which return at a faster rate than others. It's called "diversification", and it's not a new concept. Which is part of the reason that I, unlike certain other people, will not have my whole world come unglued if BFL takes longer to ship than I initially anticipated, ie; "putting all you eggs in one basket."

Picking one comment about one investment strategy that I dabble in, and trying to pretend that I use it as my sole source of income, or whatever other idiotic conclusion you've jumped to THIS time... well, yeah, you're an imbecile. QED.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
YipYip

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:10:17 AM

To be honest.... to all the BFL fan bois and accomplices\enablers......

Reading all the new ASIC companies coming online and then all of the DIY guys with AVALON chips

BFL is done....

To a degree my/our work is nearly over.....there should be a few changes of attitude soon, just like rats leaving a sinking ship

So keep bating for the losing team as there are some really interesting and exciting players entering this market that has me almost considering buying an ASIC (again ...lol )

PEACE

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:10:45 AM

As of today - it's 8 days away. 2 singles hash 120Gh/s, 2x300W power draw, assuming difficulty jumps to 15.2M and your electricity rate is $.25/kWh - you could have made $8k, almost 4 BTC per day (1 BTC=$122) on the top of 100% return on investment within 1st month of operation.

So they're going to start shipping in two weeks? Just like back in Oct? And Nov? And Dec? And Jan? And Feb? And Mar? And Apr? And May? Notice a pattern yet?

Buy & Hold
YipYip

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:37:06 AM

So they're going to start shipping in two weeks? Just like back in Oct? And Nov? And Dec? And Jan? And Feb? And Mar? And Apr? And May? Notice a pattern yet?

No this is for reals this time...

Hand on heart Abe Lincoln style...oh wait ..shit they have already used that one ....ummm

"I swear by the galactic federation and star trek revenge of Khans  frozen crew mates lives"

I knew there was something that they had not used to promise on their delivery times left .. Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
0150r

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:23:50 AM

When they swear with their hand over my tracking number, I might believe it.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:40:07 AM

Is this a new kind of maneuver where idiot A says something stupid, and idiot B backs him up, on said stupidity being essentially valid??

I suggest putting the Siamese Retard Twin Tag Team of nottm28 and wrenchmonkey on ignore.  Clears the thread up nicely.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:19:24 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/167-thursday-5-23-damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont-update.html#comment2523

Thursday, 5/23 "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" Update
BFL_Jody, 05-23-2013 at 07:35 PM

I'm thinking of writing a paper, "The Sociology of Customers Waiting in Line." Some of you post very interesting comments, which say a lot about you. I don't want a closed blog because then I would miss all those interesting things you post. Trolls are people, too, you know.

Here's the update for today: Nothing shipped.

See why I wasn't posting every day? It's so boring to say, "Nothing shipped."

So to make this only a little more interesting (to me, that is) don't comment on this post unless you have jumped out of an airplane some time in your life.
YipYip

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:20:33 AM

I suggest putting the Siamese Retard Twin Tag Team of nottm28 and wrenchmonkey on ignore.  Clears the thread up nicely.

Nope..i really enjoy this game as its so easy ...gotta give them points for taking the almost impossible viewpoint to defend

OBJECT NOT FOUND
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:20:56 AM

Lol, what a cunt.
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:30:09 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 02:45:44 AM by Xian01

Lol, what a cunt.

The state of affairs is clearly getting to her. This is the voice of someone who is enjoying her position of perceived power.

The psychoanalyst in me is enjoying this rare public display of compartmentalization, reaction formation and assertiveness.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: