Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59146 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

Good news Xian. The resident bitcointalk lawyer chimed in on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217036.40

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:32:31 AM

Lets get a fighting fund to get BFL held to account Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:27:40 AM

Oh yes lawyers. Then we could get some politicians to join in the fun. I bet Obama's press secretary is dying to chime in about pre-orders.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:29:38 AM

Oh yes lawyers. Then we could get some politicians to join in the fun. I bet Obama's press secretary is dying to chime in about pre-orders.

..lol i see your point ..i just think there has been enough talking and something should be done about these bozo's

OBJECT NOT FOUND
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:30:19 AM

We don't need a press secretary yet. Perhaps after the lawsuit concludes.

YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:42:14 AM

@ Xian01

It's time to tell you that you should not in any way converse with or speak to BFL (or it's reps) as it may damage your case. If approached, say absolutely nothing without legal representation.

If they haven't contacted you yet, they probably will very soon. This, if it happens, will likely be to disarm you and offer you something which may impact any cases brought against them. I think you should not correspond with anyone from BFL as a matter of your own interests at stake.

I am just putting that out there as a matter of caution and to preempt any "weasel" maneuvers they might entice you with. If they threaten you, make sure to post it here publicly so you have witnesses.

Agreed ... can we get John K or Graet to hold the funds in escrow and lets see if there is an appetite for it !!

I have 2 Btc ready to go Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:43:08 AM

We don't need a press secretary yet. Perhaps after the lawsuit concludes.

Techcrunch wired and heaps of others will pick this up for sure !!!!!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:45:00 AM

Also just wanted to thanks Notm28 for the idea to do this ... Lets see if there is an appetite

thanks Notm28 ...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:45:22 AM

I'd contribute. I'm tired of seeing such incompetence (at best) or pure lies (at worst) take so many people for a ride.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:45:43 AM

Willing to donate some hash power later and funds created can go into the war chest... JOHNK... nice escrow right there if he has time! I am sure there will be a whole whack of people willing and able to take on a small amount and that adds up to action I hope.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
YipYip

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:54:54 AM

Xian

create a thread
contact the legal dude in Legal Forum
contact the other customer who had the same XP as you
outline what he thinks are the steps,timelines and costs for this process
setup an escrow with John K

It will be a kickstarter for BFL discover what is right & what is wrong

Announce  the address and also the results from discussions (without giving away too much Wink ) and lets get this party started

I think this will be the first of many to come !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:38:13 AM

create a thread
<snip>

Wanted to echo the post I made in Legal here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217036.msg2291973#msg2291973

"It wouldn't feel right asking the community to donate money for my legal pursuits. I've thought about it, but it doesn't sit well with me. I need to deal with this myself.

The only way something might feel right, is if it was for a forums based advertising account, where all proceeds donated would be used as a "Butterfly Labs Truth-in-Advertising" fund, that would link to a post vetted by a core group of people to have a unified message. JohnK (if he is comfortable with that) or some other trusted source or neutral third-party could be the OP that would only update text after a consensus was reached by a core group.
"
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:43:31 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 05:49:12 AM by int03h

I am sorry I missed your point

Yep. I don't expect you to understand anything.

Over under on when int03h vanishes into the setting sun: 18 days.

I'll take the under  Grin

You want to bet on that?

<EDIT> I don't understand because you don't make any fucking sense..  

Go put a bet on a bitcoin betting site. I don't do anything without escrow that involves people who only have posts dated from today.  Cheesy
Of course I don't make sense to you. Nothing I type will ever make sense to you.

Let us first discuss the terms since I am not really clear on what it is you were implying.. (NOTE IT IS YOU THAT IS SAYING IT .. NOT ME )
But I see there is a bet here somewhere .. please articulate it as best you can.. I am happy to put up 10BTC..

This reposted for YipYap since his ADD seems to be fucking with his short term memory . It is not self appointed it was a direct challenge.

Oh the irony. Int30h posted 12 times after asking me to explain what I meant by the bet.

And yet you avoid actually making the bet. Add one to your abacus labeled int03h's posts.

u have nothing to say child so I have added you to my ignore list ...u join a select few of ppl who are so retarded and broken that I am not going to even bother

yourself & limitless

I hope u find peace somewhere in your life because this is not it ..good bye

Someone tell this fucking idiot he lost the bet.  it was only 0.01 BTC but he still didn't figure it out.  I would share the details .. but it doesnt matter since I have achieved my mission and proved my point ABUNDANTLY.

https://i.imgur.com/QeY7Nzc.jpg for someone that doesn't care he seems to to care ALOT!

K9's Taint .. I am coming for you next you homo ..
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:04:44 AM

create a thread
<snip>

"It wouldn't feel right asking the community to donate money for my legal pursuits. I've thought about it, but it doesn't sit well with me. I need to deal with this myself.

The only way something might feel right, is if it was for a forums based advertising account, where all proceeds donated would be used as a "Butterfly Labs Truth-in-Advertising" fund, that would link to a post vetted by a core group of people to have a unified message. JohnK (if he is comfortable with that) or some other trusted source or neutral third-party could be the OP that would only update text after a consensus was reached by a core group.
"

Problem is BFL and the Google ad site and others that promotion outside these forums is probably keeping them afloat. Not sure you are going to have major effect just here, but I am willing to support any cause that brings some TRUTH to light.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:56:57 AM

Thanks for keeping the thread open while we ran Xian's predicament past an actual lawyer. It turns out that most of us were initially wrong. It is a clear case of breach of contract on BFL's part. Xian will be pursuing it on his own. BFL is on the hook for providing either the actual goods they promised, or the current market value for the goods.

If you hadn't been so crazy, the whole situation might have just faded away. Thanks again for keeping us focused on the problem!  Grin

int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:00:12 AM

create a thread
<snip>

"

Xian ... let me go on record as saying you are one of the worst people I have ever met - virtually or otherwise .  If you want to go after BFL .. do it. If you want to hate BFL .. do it. But this duplicitous non-committal approach is what got you here. Enjoy. IF you guys sponsor this horseshit -  I will lose all the respect for you that I don't have.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:11:55 AM

Ignored the guy above me... glad I did.

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:21:41 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 07:26:14 AM by Xian01

Ditto, Josh.

Newton's Third Law is most certainly problematic, huh ?

Xian ... let me go on record as saying you are one of the worst people I have ever met - virtually or otherwise .  If you want to go after BFL .. do it. If you want to hate BFL .. do it. But this duplicitous non-committal approach is what got you here. Enjoy. IF you guys sponsor this horseshit -  I will lose all the respect for you that I don't have.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:27:57 AM

Thanks for keeping the thread open while we ran Xian's predicament past an actual lawyer. It turns out that most of us were initially wrong. It is a clear case of breach of contract on BFL's part. Xian will be pursuing it on his own. BFL is on the hook for providing either the actual goods they promised, or the current market value for the goods.

If you hadn't been so crazy, the whole situation might have just faded away. Thanks again for keeping us focused on the problem!  Grin

you replied to me you fucking dick head .. are you high ? and then did again ?

Ok.  SO in terms of Xian's "Predicament" .. he is SOL .. TOTALLY SOL .. you want to know why ?

Check with the lawyers .. because hes a) A DICK b) A DICK c) A DICK d) got no fucking claim to damages based on the fact that there is no contract  e) NO ACTUAL DAMAGES

Eat it .. smoke it .. stick it in your ass.

Guy below me is obviously a monster FAG!!

You should have just let the thread die instead of running your mouth. Your pride got you in trouble again. Froth at the mouth much?  Roll Eyes

Quoted so Bicknellski could enjoy too. I am heartless, I admit it. Wink

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 08:10:08 AM

If it took them 11 months to accumulate their current order queue. Then, for them to catch up and clear it out they would need to satisfy orders at a faster clip than they received them.

If they received on average 200 orders for every day for 11 months. Then they must ship out 201 orders for every day for the next 11 months.

Question: Do you currently see this happening?

So that is why they put their reflow ovens at the entrance oppose to where it should be near shipping/delivery/assembly, not separated by offices. So that when the hourly tour bus drives by, their biggest fans (pun?) can see for themselves that something's happening. What that something will be, nobody knows, but it'll be something, for it's always something at Camp BFL.

I just realized that's it was a four day weekend due to the holiday. I wonder who were paid overtime to watch over Luke's rig, or did they turn it off for 3-4 days.

"Perdoname, Señor! Luke machine es alto."
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: