Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:09:27 PM

Why on god's green earth would they ever consider reinstating an order for you?

Because my council has informed me Butterfly Labs has broken the law.

Patience. All will be revealed in time.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:09:40 PM

* mumbles something about wheels picking up speed *

(It's not too late to do the right thing, Josh, and work this out as adults)

Now you are talking in my opinion. Admit you have behaved like a tit. Say sorry and ask them to reinstate your order. And lose the bad attitude. Good luck.

You evidently have not been paying attention.

I have already taken the high road twice, and apologized. Once (or twice?) on here, and once on the BFL forums a couple days ago.

Josh laughed it off, deleted my posts, and continued with his pattern of taunting.

He is not taking this seriously and still thinks I'm bluffing Sad

Finally, I'm not the one with the initial bad attitude if you follow the history of this dispute. I can appreciate that you are firmly entrenched in BFL's camp, but don't ignore facts and convince yourself that blame lies solely with me.

Nope, I'm pretty sure you did your damndest to burn EVERY possible bridge with them that you could. Never at any point have you discontinued your constant stream of diarrhea of the mouth, even taking out ads trolling BFL. Your half-assed "apologies" are always back-handed, and never actually admit any wrongdoing on your part. You're a little child throwing a temper tantrum, and you're incapable of recognizing that you're ACTUALLY in the wrong. Just willing to scream the occasional "SORRY THAT YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!" at your mommy, and calling that an apology. You've gone back and deleted/edited many of your posts that expose you as a twat, so how is ANYBODY supposed to trust the "history of the dispute" after all your revisionism?

You continue to be a douche, you've allegedly tried to drag multiple legal entities into your dispute as well. Why on god's green earth would they ever consider reinstating an order for you? So that you have ammo to file more claims against them? You just want to get some of your money back into their hands, so that you can go crying to the courts and say "See, look here, they have my money!"

Not gonna happen. You got your refund. The deal is moot. The courts don't care about the pickle you've put yourself in, and neither does anybody else. You're little more than an annoying fly buzzing at the screen at this point, and I'm willing to bet that they're more than happy to let you stay outside.

Some people never learn.

Well I was going to put it like that but I thought, 'admit you were a tit' was better Smiley

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:14:44 PM

Never at any point have you discontinued your constant stream of diarrhea of the mouth.

Oh the irony. Wrenchmonkey complaining about diarrhea of the mouth.
BFL clearly pays by the shill.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:15:55 PM

Never at any point have you discontinued your constant stream of diarrhea of the mouth.

Hey k9 - how's your hash rate doing since all thes bfl jala's have been coming online?

donations not accepted
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:20:35 PM

Whenever I read a post filled with vitriol and ad hominem attacks like this one, it speaks much more to the poster's character than the one he is attempting to describe.

Agreed, that post was ridiculous and ignored or glossed over BFL's role in this this whole business association breakdown while casting the investor in the worst possible light. That post could have been seamlessly slid into an episode of an Amy's Baking Company reality show.

nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:29:43 PM

Whenever I read a post filled with vitriol and ad hominem attacks like this one, it speaks much more to the poster's character than the one he is attempting to describe.

Agreed, that post was ridiculous and ignored or glossed over BFL's role in this this whole business association breakdown while casting the investor in the worst possible light. That post could have been seamlessly slid into an episode of an Amy's Baking Company reality show.

Hmm, I think he was being generous by not pointing out that xian tells people to FO quite regularly - how would that sound in court?

[EDIT] oops, might get told to FO now...

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:34:13 PM

Hey k9 - how's your hash rate doing since all thes bfl jala's have been coming online?

I didn't really notice the ~250GH/s coming online over the course of 2 months from BFL.

I did however notice the ~40,000GH/s from ASICMiner and Avalon over the last 2 months.

Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:50:11 PM

#1 way to tell someone doesn't have a lawyer. . . .they are on a forum talking about their case, no lawyer would ever let you blather on in this forum, if he wanted to win
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

Now you are talking in my opinion. Admit you have behaved like a tit. Say sorry and ask them to reinstate your order. And lose the bad attitude. Good luck.

I have already taken the high road twice, and apologized. Once (or twice?) on here, and once on the BFL forums a couple days ago.

Josh laughed it off, deleted my posts, and continued with his pattern of taunting.

Finally, I'm not the one with the initial bad attitude if you follow the history of this dispute. I can appreciate that you are firmly entrenched in BFL's camp, but don't ignore facts and convince yourself that blame lies solely with me.
Xian, look back what you wrote, what did you expect....
This is a blatant and outright conflict of interest.

In a professional organization, Josh would be instantly fired for doing something like this.

Given that BFL is run by a convicted felon, should it really surprise anyone that one of his underlings is operating with questionable ethics as well ?
--
Bullshit Fabrication continues.

"The ASIC team has promised me pictures of the wafer tomorrow, Tuesday the 26th. As soon as I get those, I will be posting them."

26th has come and gone with no update.
--
Respectfully, how about you get off these forums, stop with your piss war, and update the official BFL forums thread on what is going on with our orders.

You are making your company look like a bunch of insecure, bumbling and posturing buffoons.

Christ dude, be thankful you are working for a private company, because your ass would be fucking fired for how you are conducting yourself as a representative of your
company were it a public entity.
--
Josh.

For fucks sake.

Can't you act professionally ?

You are in ABSOLUTELY NO POSITION TO BE FLINGING SHIT HERE IN THESE FORUMS.

NONE. ZERO. ZILCH.

YOUR CREDIBILITY IS NON-EXISTANT.

Thank FSM your boss allows you such a long leash. You'd be fucking destroyed in any real professional corporate environment held to any base standards of accountability.

Shame on you.
--
Holy shit dude. Be careful throwing stones from your glass house !!!

The only thing more pathetic than PL around here is your management of this whole BFL ASIC fiasco.
--
Josh claiming on BFL chat last night that they shipped just seemed really disingenuous and slimy. Par for the course as far as Josh goes I suppose.
--
If I can get a guarantee that Theymos and the bitcointalk admins will allow negative ads towards BFL, I'll donate a full BTC in protest.
--
Nevermind about anti-BFL PSA's.

I have half a mind to investigate the pros/cons of a class action lawsuit against them at the moment.

Starting to get really pissed off. Have never seen a company I have given so much money to, act so unprofessionally before.
--
He won't tell us anything. He's too busy silencing dissent on the BFL shout-box and refusing to answer difficult, pointed questions.

Dude just plain does not give a fuck about this place, his behavior, his customers, or his companies public image.
--
Josh.

I say this with sincerity.

Get help.

You can rest assured that once BFL ships my back-orders, you will never see another penny from me ever again.
--
Not sure about any BFL Wafers breaking, but judging from Josh's behavior on the forums lately, I think his mind may be breaking.

Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?

It is just absolutely mind-boggling how his leash-holders allow him to continue like he does in public. Has developed this split-personality complex that

Inaba/BFL_Josh-Zerlan are two different personalities !

I mean name calling ? Is he still in grade school ? This is the public face of Butterfly Labs ?

For shame !

EDIT: Speak of waffles, perhaps we should send Josh a Blue Waffle ?
--
Kinda like your October or November 2012 shipping dates were wrong and "misrepresentation" ?
--
So, Mr. Zerlan. Care to explain further about "so many lies and deceit perpetrated by people with agendas, unbalanced sense of reality or just plain crazy"

It would seem clear to me that YOUR agenda is to shirk all responsibility or honor for your prior commitments.
--
You have absolutely no license or credibility to speak about having a firm grasp of reality.
--
Way to evade again, Josh. So when are you going to do the honorable thing and honor the bet ?

Clearly, you have not met your power targets despite all your previous hubris.
--
IANAL. However. There are mountains of documentation across various forums, that up until very very recently, they never had a working physical prototype, and originally
made the claim to be shipping in October of 2012.

If that is not deceptive / fraudulent, I don't know what is.

I would imagine they are completely in a position to have a Judge approve a class-action suit brought against them, and the plaintiffs stand a very good chance at compensation
due to the well documented development circus and constant delays.

And lets not forget that the Minirig SC is no longer available, and they've reorganized their entire product lineup from what they originally offered for sale because their
processes up until now have been such a farce.

EDIT: And I just wanted to add that given Josh's public taunting and ill-behavior, the Judge would have a cause to award additional punitive damages against Butterfly Labs.
--
I would tread very carefully bro. Lets not bring the FCC into this.

Also, are you not both COO and CTO ? Sincere apologies if I have not gotten those facts straight.

I may be a "troll asshole customer" in your eyes, but I'll happily eat crow if I'm in error.
--
So what you are inferring is if one were to get on Josh's bad-side, their order might be delayed or lost as well ?

Interesting how both BitSyncom and Josh are so seemingly alike.

Josh threatened to adjust my orders in the queue just yesterday before he silenced me on the Butterfly Labs shoutbox.
--
Not only is Josh Zerlan / Inaba their CTO, he's also their COO !!!

Dude is going to have a really tough time finding another job after Butterfly Labs, due the mountains of impropriety and unprofessionalism that has been so thoroughly
documented here.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

... and dude has the fucking gall to call people who ask harsh/pointed questions "trolls"

The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness.
--
I confirmed my orders as well. It's unfortunate to see people supporting and applauding Josh's unprofessionalism on these forums.
--
Josh Zerlan is not aware of things enough to know this. In fact, he fancies himself the fattest sow in the mudhole.
--
This sums up Josh Zerlan's delusional professional outlook quite succinctly. "Conditional Customer Service".

And you know what the saddest part about all of that, is that in Josh's mind, he probably feels 100% unwaveringly justified in having that attitude due to a complete and
utter lack of self-awareness and a firm mental rooting in his own virtual reality.

I mean, if he's going to have his megalomaniacal temper tantrums and silence customers on their forums / shoutbox with thousands of dollars in preorders, then there is just
no dealing with the man. Professionally or otherwise.

Dude has "loose-cannon" written all over him. It's people like him that sink companies unless management gets things in check pronto.

... and remember folks. Josh himself recently admitted that these forums are not relevant to their business at all, which begs the question "Why does he continue posting
here if he does not consider this place important ? Why does he continue advertising here ?"

Calling Josh Zerlan a "scummy fuck" is a pretty accurate salvo.
--
... but, you post lies, bullshit, and are arguably one of the biggest dicks on these forums, so, it's quite the viscous circle you have created, huh ?

Just thought I would take the liberty of showing you a mirror.
--
... and you are the competent and experienced CTO and COO of a company that acts in a professional manner or knows what they are doing ? Sure, we believe you... no really.
--
Quote from: Inaba on May 05, 2013, 05:48:23 PM
Let me know your order numbers, I will be happy to get your refund taken care of right away.

Josh, throw me a bone here... Do you at least recognize how completely unprofessional and anti-customer this sort of attitude is ?

Do you even care ?

I mean, I'm not telling you how to run your business, but you are playing an extremely dangerous game with this sort of brazen attitude.

You are essentially telling everyone here on these forums "We have you, our customers, bent over, and you just need to keep taking it with this Kong Dong of Penetration +2. Fuck you. I don't care about your orders or your business. We'll happily refund your money because we have more masochistic suckers lined up to fill the vacuum of your refund."

And you are the COO of Butterfly Labs ?

Am I far off ?
--
I'd rather he stop making excuses, show some humility, and stop taunting us with such pompous braggadocio whilst having thousands of our dollars in his coffers worth of preorders.
--
I'll just leave this here...

---
Quote from: Inaba on April 30, 2013, 04:58:27 AM
You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.
--
Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:56 PM
So Josh, when are you going to pay the 1000 BTC bet for not meeting 1W/Ghash ? Or are you waiting until you guys get down to 1W/Ghash until you tell everyone to go fuck themselves and say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" ?

BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
Xian: Your trolling pisses me off, but to answer your question, as soon as we get time to take care of it, we will. It's not like we aren't already overworked and it's not exactly a high priority at the moment... however, if you have an order, let me know what it is and I will be sure to put yours on hold when we get to it and work dilligently on the donation thing before we get back to yours.

Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
BFL_Josh: Hey, thanks for threatening your customers ! I appreciate it !

Xian silenced successfully.
BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
No problem, thanks for being an annoying troll.

BFL_Josh - Shout 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
--
Is it just me, or is anyone else laughing that Josh Zerlan refers to himself as "The Josh" ?

He's gone straight from Douche to Ultra-Mega-Douche, bypassing Douche-Bag, Super-Douche, and Giant-Douche altogether !
--
Two days and no responses from any staff ?

And Josh wonders why he gets trolled so viciously ?
--
Quote from: erk on May 12, 2013, 10:54:56 AM
Don't you think Wired magazine or the author of cgminer are credible?

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.
--
I need to respectfully disagree. I would take it a step further and argue there are not enough variations of photos of Josh with a clown-nose.

The man did it entirely to himself.
--
I'm surprised Josh has not nuked that entire thread from orbit in a fit of rage.

I'm pretty much willing to bet that I'll received my 20 Erupter USB sticks before my day one BFL Single SC 60 GH/s unit pre-order ships.

Pathetic.
--
Quote from: hardpick on May 14, 2013, 01:00:24 AM
Bashing Josh is not going to get us anywhere and IMO makes thing worst –he has to spend time defending himself instead of focusing on geting products out the door.

Perhaps Josh should have thought of the consequences of his chest-puffing, posturing, hubris, ignorance, myopia, inexperience, and a trail of broken promises spanning the globe over the last 8 months.

Schadenfreude, in this case, is completely justified.

Especially if you are a multiple pre-order customer waiting to take delivery of a product we have ordered almost a year ago.
--
And Josh Zerlan is a paragon of accuracy and truth ?

Respectfully, there is probably more accuracy in my conjectures that Josh's prior attempts at stating fact.
--
TL;DR: Josh "Inaba" Zerlan, COO of Butterfly Labs, taunts Bitcointalk forum members. I call him out on his behavior in an incendiary fashion. He tells Jody to cancel my orders (#s 2030, 2158 & 100033486). Check posting history. Is this the kind of company you want to be doing business with in America ?

---

I've never felt this abused as a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept and the FTC Complaints Dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698 (edit: refund processed)

Sorry for getting all fired up like that, forum-denizens. I hit a frustration limit I've never experienced before when purchasing products, and way overreacted.

Lessons learned, if I'm going to be critical of a company I plan to do business with, I should probably choose a moniker that they can't trace back to their customer database.

If you are a former, or current customer of Butterfly Labs, and are disgruntled and fed up with how they have conducted themselves over the last year, I would urge you to contact the following agencies and filing formal complaints.

The more light we shed on Butterfly Labs' business practices, the more chance we have to effect positive change and hold them to anything resembling responsible accountability to their customers.

https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/ - Missouri Attorney General Customer Complaints Deptartment
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - Federal Trade Commission Customer Complaint form

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0 - "Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence" is a good thread highlighting historical issues with Butterfly Labs' officers that should document concerns and facts.

I would urge you to not openly complain on these forums if there is any way Butterfly Labs can trace it back to your orders with them. They have demonstrated a will to punitively cancel and refund orders.

Finally, I would be lying if I didn't have a slight concern of someone affiliated with BFL showing up on my doorstep and confronting me for creating this thread, seeing as how they know where I live, given their checkered history. But lets just hope that's my paranoia kicking in.

---

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...893#msg1897893

Inaba @ April 20, 2013, 05:06:30 PM: "BFL has given up on Bitcointalk, so don't expect any official communication from BFL here."

vs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...269#msg2228269

Inaba @ May.21.2013 @ 05:49:33 PM : "4 @ 5.75"

Spending ~$2,881.90 to advertise on a forum that they have "given up on" is the textbook definition of cognitive dissonance.

---

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119338.0

An unpaid bet of 1,000 BTC still remains over BFL missing their power consumption by at least a factor of 5, with no movement being made to honor the charity donation. The unpaid bet has resulted in calls for Inaba to be branded with a Scammer tag.

---

Similar experience - "I was just banned from BFL forums" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214250.0
--

Is Sonny Chris Vleisides not a felon ? Again, if I am in error with those facts, I'll be the first to stick my foot in my mouth and apologize. Am I an asshole for raising that point ? Probably. Slow-burn frustration has a way of making one exceptionally bitter on a long enough timeline when money has been put up in good-faith.

Please point out the post where I state they still need to prove they are not a scam. That does not sound like something I would say, considering I don't believe they are a scam and already own one of their products. Shady ? Sure. A scam ? Verifiably not, so far.
--
Correction: Using bureaucratic agencies to shed light on a company that openly has contempt for it's customers, fires those customers after they've endured one delay after another, one broken promise after another, more taunting and unprofessionalism from an officer of the company - after calling them out on it in a public forum. This is not normal behavior to see from a product developer. I don't know what country you live in, or what other companies you have dealt with that treated you similarly, and think it's OK.

In retrospect, I should indeed have taken a refund sooner rather than having one forced on me. Captain Hindsight and so on and so forth.
--
Butterfly Labs will punitively cancel all your preorders and refund your money if you speak ill of them, and they can link your forums account to their customer accounts.

Be careful with criticisms if you have preorders.
--
Quote from: RoadStress on May 19, 2013, 09:47:57 AM
Acutally they used customers money to design and develop another Bitcoin hardware. The BitSafe hardware wallet. Who knows what's in that wallet. Maybe someday in 1-2-3-x years your money will just vanish from it Cheesy

If you can't trust Butterfly Labs to offer timely and accurate information on their ASIC project, when they have such an attitude of "contempt-of-customer", why on earth would you give them any trust whatsoever to manage your Bitcoins or believe it is going to ship in their stated "two months" estimate ?
--
Not to put too fine of a point on it, but with them forcing cancellations over discontent, I would hazard a guess their backlog might clear up by 2016.

I can't wait for BFL forum denizens to start complaining about BFL force-canceling their orders due to their own discontented posts.
--
etcetera...
Did your counsel also advise you to remove posts from your post history?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. (Saw you post it on the BFL forums as well before Josh deleted all my well-reasoned posts and started taunting me again. Amused I've spawned a copypasta)

To answer your question, no. My posts have no bearing on matters moving forward.

Have only deleted two posts to the best of my recollection. One image macro I created, and the famous "Eat a back of dicks" post, that I have formally apologized for on at least three separate occasions for anyone keeping score. In retrospect, I should not have deleted my posts on principle.

Do I apologize for getting heated, upset, and incensed by Josh's behavior and acting out in an atypical fashion ? Yes.

I should have kept my cool. I didn't. I apologize again. Yet another time.

No, I don't expect this to change anything.
nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:12:46 PM

This is a blatant and outright conflict of interest.

In a professional organization, Josh would be instantly fired for doing something like this.

Given that BFL is run by a convicted felon, should it really surprise anyone that one of his underlings is operating with questionable ethics as well ?
--
Bullshit Fabrication continues.

"The ASIC team has promised me pictures of the wafer tomorrow, Tuesday the 26th. As soon as I get those, I will be posting them."

26th has come and gone with no update.
--
Respectfully, how about you get off these forums, stop with your piss war, and update the official BFL forums thread on what is going on with our orders.

You are making your company look like a bunch of insecure, bumbling and posturing buffoons.

Christ dude, be thankful you are working for a private company, because your ass would be fucking fired for how you are conducting yourself as a representative of your
company were it a public entity.
--
Josh.

For fucks sake.

Can't you act professionally ?

You are in ABSOLUTELY NO POSITION TO BE FLINGING SHIT HERE IN THESE FORUMS.

NONE. ZERO. ZILCH.

YOUR CREDIBILITY IS NON-EXISTANT.

Thank FSM your boss allows you such a long leash. You'd be fucking destroyed in any real professional corporate environment held to any base standards of accountability.

Shame on you.
--
Holy shit dude. Be careful throwing stones from your glass house !!!

The only thing more pathetic than PL around here is your management of this whole BFL ASIC fiasco.
--
Josh claiming on BFL chat last night that they shipped just seemed really disingenuous and slimy. Par for the course as far as Josh goes I suppose.
--
If I can get a guarantee that Theymos and the bitcointalk admins will allow negative ads towards BFL, I'll donate a full BTC in protest.
--
Nevermind about anti-BFL PSA's.

I have half a mind to investigate the pros/cons of a class action lawsuit against them at the moment.

Starting to get really pissed off. Have never seen a company I have given so much money to, act so unprofessionally before.
--
He won't tell us anything. He's too busy silencing dissent on the BFL shout-box and refusing to answer difficult, pointed questions.

Dude just plain does not give a fuck about this place, his behavior, his customers, or his companies public image.
--
Josh.

I say this with sincerity.

Get help.

You can rest assured that once BFL ships my back-orders, you will never see another penny from me ever again.
--
Not sure about any BFL Wafers breaking, but judging from Josh's behavior on the forums lately, I think his mind may be breaking.

Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?

It is just absolutely mind-boggling how his leash-holders allow him to continue like he does in public. Has developed this split-personality complex that

Inaba/BFL_Josh-Zerlan are two different personalities !

I mean name calling ? Is he still in grade school ? This is the public face of Butterfly Labs ?

For shame !

EDIT: Speak of waffles, perhaps we should send Josh a Blue Waffle ?
--
Kinda like your October or November 2012 shipping dates were wrong and "misrepresentation" ?
--
So, Mr. Zerlan. Care to explain further about "so many lies and deceit perpetrated by people with agendas, unbalanced sense of reality or just plain crazy"

It would seem clear to me that YOUR agenda is to shirk all responsibility or honor for your prior commitments.
--
You have absolutely no license or credibility to speak about having a firm grasp of reality.
--
Way to evade again, Josh. So when are you going to do the honorable thing and honor the bet ?

Clearly, you have not met your power targets despite all your previous hubris.
--
IANAL. However. There are mountains of documentation across various forums, that up until very very recently, they never had a working physical prototype, and originally
made the claim to be shipping in October of 2012.

If that is not deceptive / fraudulent, I don't know what is.

I would imagine they are completely in a position to have a Judge approve a class-action suit brought against them, and the plaintiffs stand a very good chance at compensation
due to the well documented development circus and constant delays.

And lets not forget that the Minirig SC is no longer available, and they've reorganized their entire product lineup from what they originally offered for sale because their
processes up until now have been such a farce.

EDIT: And I just wanted to add that given Josh's public taunting and ill-behavior, the Judge would have a cause to award additional punitive damages against Butterfly Labs.
--
I would tread very carefully bro. Lets not bring the FCC into this.

Also, are you not both COO and CTO ? Sincere apologies if I have not gotten those facts straight.

I may be a "troll asshole customer" in your eyes, but I'll happily eat crow if I'm in error.
--
So what you are inferring is if one were to get on Josh's bad-side, their order might be delayed or lost as well ?

Interesting how both BitSyncom and Josh are so seemingly alike.

Josh threatened to adjust my orders in the queue just yesterday before he silenced me on the Butterfly Labs shoutbox.
--
Not only is Josh Zerlan / Inaba their CTO, he's also their COO !!!

Dude is going to have a really tough time finding another job after Butterfly Labs, due the mountains of impropriety and unprofessionalism that has been so thoroughly
documented here.

Could not happen to a nicer guy.

... and dude has the fucking gall to call people who ask harsh/pointed questions "trolls"

The man has a complete lack of meta-cognition or modicum of self-awareness.
--
I confirmed my orders as well. It's unfortunate to see people supporting and applauding Josh's unprofessionalism on these forums.
--
Josh Zerlan is not aware of things enough to know this. In fact, he fancies himself the fattest sow in the mudhole.
--
This sums up Josh Zerlan's delusional professional outlook quite succinctly. "Conditional Customer Service".

And you know what the saddest part about all of that, is that in Josh's mind, he probably feels 100% unwaveringly justified in having that attitude due to a complete and
utter lack of self-awareness and a firm mental rooting in his own virtual reality.

I mean, if he's going to have his megalomaniacal temper tantrums and silence customers on their forums / shoutbox with thousands of dollars in preorders, then there is just
no dealing with the man. Professionally or otherwise.

Dude has "loose-cannon" written all over him. It's people like him that sink companies unless management gets things in check pronto.

... and remember folks. Josh himself recently admitted that these forums are not relevant to their business at all, which begs the question "Why does he continue posting
here if he does not consider this place important ? Why does he continue advertising here ?"

Calling Josh Zerlan a "scummy fuck" is a pretty accurate salvo.
--
... but, you post lies, bullshit, and are arguably one of the biggest dicks on these forums, so, it's quite the viscous circle you have created, huh ?

Just thought I would take the liberty of showing you a mirror.
--
... and you are the competent and experienced CTO and COO of a company that acts in a professional manner or knows what they are doing ? Sure, we believe you... no really.
--
Quote from: Inaba on May 05, 2013, 05:48:23 PM
Let me know your order numbers, I will be happy to get your refund taken care of right away.

Josh, throw me a bone here... Do you at least recognize how completely unprofessional and anti-customer this sort of attitude is ?

Do you even care ?

I mean, I'm not telling you how to run your business, but you are playing an extremely dangerous game with this sort of brazen attitude.

You are essentially telling everyone here on these forums "We have you, our customers, bent over, and you just need to keep taking it with this Kong Dong of Penetration +2. Fuck you. I don't care about your orders or your business. We'll happily refund your money because we have more masochistic suckers lined up to fill the vacuum of your refund."

And you are the COO of Butterfly Labs ?

Am I far off ?
--
I'd rather he stop making excuses, show some humility, and stop taunting us with such pompous braggadocio whilst having thousands of our dollars in his coffers worth of preorders.
--
I'll just leave this here...

---
Quote from: Inaba on April 30, 2013, 04:58:27 AM
You think Bitcointalk is still relevant to mining hardware.

Fuck you asshole. Where the fuck do you think your first customers came from ?

Eat a bag of dicks.
--
Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:56 PM
So Josh, when are you going to pay the 1000 BTC bet for not meeting 1W/Ghash ? Or are you waiting until you guys get down to 1W/Ghash until you tell everyone to go fuck themselves and say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" ?

BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
Xian: Your trolling pisses me off, but to answer your question, as soon as we get time to take care of it, we will. It's not like we aren't already overworked and it's not exactly a high priority at the moment... however, if you have an order, let me know what it is and I will be sure to put yours on hold when we get to it and work dilligently on the donation thing before we get back to yours.

Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
BFL_Josh: Hey, thanks for threatening your customers ! I appreciate it !

BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
No problem, thanks for being an annoying troll.

BFL_Josh - Shout 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
--
Is it just me, or is anyone else laughing that Josh Zerlan refers to himself as "The Josh" ?

He's gone straight from Douche to Ultra-Mega-Douche, bypassing Douche-Bag, Super-Douche, and Giant-Douche altogether !
--
Two days and no responses from any staff ?

And Josh wonders why he gets trolled so viciously ?
--
Quote from: erk on May 12, 2013, 10:54:56 AM
Don't you think Wired magazine or the author of cgminer are credible?

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.
--
I need to respectfully disagree. I would take it a step further and argue there are not enough variations of photos of Josh with a clown-nose.

The man did it entirely to himself.
--
I'm surprised Josh has not nuked that entire thread from orbit in a fit of rage.

I'm pretty much willing to bet that I'll received my 20 Erupter USB sticks before my day one BFL Single SC 60 GH/s unit pre-order ships.

Pathetic.
--
Quote from: hardpick on May 14, 2013, 01:00:24 AM
Bashing Josh is not going to get us anywhere and IMO makes thing worst –he has to spend time defending himself instead of focusing on geting products out the door.

Perhaps Josh should have thought of the consequences of his chest-puffing, posturing, hubris, ignorance, myopia, inexperience, and a trail of broken promises spanning the globe over the last 8 months.

Schadenfreude, in this case, is completely justified.

Especially if you are a multiple pre-order customer waiting to take delivery of a product we have ordered almost a year ago.
--
And Josh Zerlan is a paragon of accuracy and truth ?

Respectfully, there is probably more accuracy in my conjectures that Josh's prior attempts at stating fact.
--
TL;DR: Josh "Inaba" Zerlan, COO of Butterfly Labs, taunts Bitcointalk forum members. I call him out on his behavior in an incendiary fashion. He tells Jody to cancel my orders (#s 2030, 2158 & 100033486). Check posting history. Is this the kind of company you want to be doing business with in America ?

---

I've never felt this abused as a customer before. Filed a complaint with the Missouri AG Customer Complaints dept and the FTC Complaints Dept. Provided a Paypal address to office@bfl to get refunded for $4,698 (edit: refund processed)

Sorry for getting all fired up like that, forum-denizens. I hit a frustration limit I've never experienced before when purchasing products, and way overreacted.

Lessons learned, if I'm going to be critical of a company I plan to do business with, I should probably choose a moniker that they can't trace back to their customer database.

If you are a former, or current customer of Butterfly Labs, and are disgruntled and fed up with how they have conducted themselves over the last year, I would urge you to contact the following agencies and filing formal complaints.

The more light we shed on Butterfly Labs' business practices, the more chance we have to effect positive change and hold them to anything resembling responsible accountability to their customers.

https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/ - Missouri Attorney General Customer Complaints Deptartment
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - Federal Trade Commission Customer Complaint form

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110805.0 - "Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence" is a good thread highlighting historical issues with Butterfly Labs' officers that should document concerns and facts.

I would urge you to not openly complain on these forums if there is any way Butterfly Labs can trace it back to your orders with them. They have demonstrated a will to punitively cancel and refund orders.

Finally, I would be lying if I didn't have a slight concern of someone affiliated with BFL showing up on my doorstep and confronting me for creating this thread, seeing as how they know where I live, given their checkered history. But lets just hope that's my paranoia kicking in.

---

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...893#msg1897893

Inaba @ April 20, 2013, 05:06:30 PM: "BFL has given up on Bitcointalk, so don't expect any official communication from BFL here."

vs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...269#msg2228269

Inaba @ May.21.2013 @ 05:49:33 PM : "4 @ 5.75"

Spending ~$2,881.90 to advertise on a forum that they have "given up on" is the textbook definition of cognitive dissonance.

---

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119338.0

An unpaid bet of 1,000 BTC still remains over BFL missing their power consumption by at least a factor of 5, with no movement being made to honor the charity donation. The unpaid bet has resulted in calls for Inaba to be branded with a Scammer tag.

---

Similar experience - "I was just banned from BFL forums" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214250.0
--

Is Sonny Chris Vleisides not a felon ? Again, if I am in error with those facts, I'll be the first to stick my foot in my mouth and apologize. Am I an asshole for raising that point ? Probably. Slow-burn frustration has a way of making one exceptionally bitter on a long enough timeline when money has been put up in good-faith.

Please point out the post where I state they still need to prove they are not a scam. That does not sound like something I would say, considering I don't believe they are a scam and already own one of their products. Shady ? Sure. A scam ? Verifiably not, so far.
--
Correction: Using bureaucratic agencies to shed light on a company that openly has contempt for it's customers, fires those customers after they've endured one delay after another, one broken promise after another, more taunting and unprofessionalism from an officer of the company - after calling them out on it in a public forum. This is not normal behavior to see from a product developer. I don't know what country you live in, or what other companies you have dealt with that treated you similarly, and think it's OK.

In retrospect, I should indeed have taken a refund sooner rather than having one forced on me. Captain Hindsight and so on and so forth.
--
Butterfly Labs will punitively cancel all your preorders and refund your money if you speak ill of them, and they can link your forums account to their customer accounts.

Be careful with criticisms if you have preorders.
--
Quote from: RoadStress on May 19, 2013, 09:47:57 AM
Acutally they used customers money to design and develop another Bitcoin hardware. The BitSafe hardware wallet. Who knows what's in that wallet. Maybe someday in 1-2-3-x years your money will just vanish from it Cheesy

If you can't trust Butterfly Labs to offer timely and accurate information on their ASIC project, when they have such an attitude of "contempt-of-customer", why on earth would you give them any trust whatsoever to manage your Bitcoins or believe it is going to ship in their stated "two months" estimate ?
--
Not to put too fine of a point on it, but with them forcing cancellations over discontent, I would hazard a guess their backlog might clear up by 2016.

I can't wait for BFL forum denizens to start complaining about BFL force-canceling their orders due to their own discontented posts.
--
etcetera...

WOW - that's worse than I thought - all you need now is Puerto to come to your rescue and say 'that is justified'...

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:18:20 PM

<snip> tons of stuff </snip>

Xian expected BFL to honor their contract. This is what taking the money and not delivering opens BFL up to. Lawsuits.
Even if Xian slandered them, they still could not breach their contract with him. BFL could sue him for slander. It does not give them the right to break the contract unless that was part of the termination clauses, which it was not.

Maybe BFL should add a "don't say mean things about us on the internet" clause to their sales contract.

nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:21:24 PM

<snip> tons of stuff </snip>

Xian expected BFL to honor their contract. This is what taking the money and not delivering opens BFL up to. Lawsuits.
Even if Xian slandered them, they still could not breach their contract with him. BFL could sue him for slander. It does not give them the right to break the contract unless that was part of the termination clauses, which it was not.

Maybe BFL should add a "don't say mean things about us on the internet" clause to their sales contract.

Wow, you sound just like PuertoLibre - are you it?

donations not accepted
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:30:52 PM

I love the flipping back and forth from "I want to keep my order." to "BFl are scammers, and I will bring them down."

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:33:11 PM

Give me a fucking break. Are you insinuating Josh has been mature or sincere over these last 11 months ?

Go back to your fucking BFL shoutbox and reality distortion field.

Seriously. Just fuck right off you sycophantic shill.

Yet another tool to add to my ignore list.

And this

btw: don't worry if you are added to his 'ignore list' - he said he added me but he still replies to my posts... so that doesn't really matter...

donations not accepted
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:46:43 PM

Just out of curiosity... how much did it cost for council to read this thread alone?
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:47:51 PM

I love the flipping back and forth from "I want to keep my order." to "BFl are scammers, and I will bring them down."

That is dishonest. I have never stated, or implied, EVER, that Butterfly Labs are scammers (your words, not mine). Did I raise questions and concerns that have been well documented ? Yes. Lied, slandered, or made false statements ? I certainly hope not.

I do not believe Butterfly labs to be "scammers" as I own their past generation product. It has never been about "bringing them down", contrary to whatever preconceived notions you may have.

We have enough people on these forums spreading FUD and lies. I do not aspire to be one of those people.
nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:48:51 PM

Do I apologize for getting heated, upset, and incensed by Josh's behavior and acting out in an atypical fashion ? Yes.

I should have kept my cool. I didn't. I apologize again. Yet another time.

Sometimes, the consequences of your own actions... Sorry and apologies are too late. Like here.

donations not accepted
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:51:36 PM

how much did it cost for council to read this thread alone?

Not relevant to the case.
nottm28

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:57:10 PM

how much did it cost for council to read this thread alone?

Not relevant to the case.

oscar pistorius will say this too I bet...

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: