Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW  (Read 235822 times)
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:31:28 AM

With a Hybrid PoW right now, it will be more stable in the future.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
valiant1

Activity: 219
Merit: 121

Lethean Developer

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 01:05:41 PM

ITNS Whitepaper revision I is available here!

As was suggested by a community member here, we are initially releasing the whitepaper with the premise of accepting comments, feedback and criticism to yield a more thoroughly refined plan for design, implementation and execution. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for the documentation. How do you manage numbers of exit nodes? If there are too many VPN nodes, the connection speed will crawl (like Tor browser).

As I understand it you choose one exit node that you want to use for VPN connection an then all traffic goes through that exit node as long as you pay for it to the owner of the exit node. Other exit nodes are not used for your connection so the number of nodes should not affect your speed. But the number of users on that single node could be too high that it start to crawl. More nodes should get less users on each node.

ronnylov is correct; the VPN connection is 1-to-1 for a client node, and 1-to-many for exit nodes. You raise a good point in that limitations need to be available for exit nodes to specify maximum # of clients, as more bandwidth/traffic will inevitably affect the speed of an exit node.

If I want to host an exit node - what is the system requirements needed in order to deliver good VPN performance for the users?
Thinking I might have a limit of maximum 20 users charing the total bandwidth of maximum 100 Mbit/s (5 Mbit/s to each user on average).

I guess there already are OpenVPN benchmarks available for different kind of computers?
Or can I just run some kind of benchmark tool to get an answer that is valid for my computer?

Edit: Maybe we could integrate a benchmarking tool in the wallet to be able to get recommendations of what kind of VPN offers this computer is able to perform?

Great question. In terms of network speed/bandwidth, it really depends on how much bandwidth you are offering each user. In terms of processing power and memory, requirements are often minimal and probably on-par with what it takes to run a normal Intense blockchain node. It's anecdotal, but see example 1, example 2, etc. The limiting factor will likely only be uplink/downlink speeds.

Benchmarking bandwidth would be a strong addition. It might be considered overcomplicating the software, though, as it's simple for a user to head to speedtest.net and measure connection capabilities, while in-software integration of a feature like that is quite labor intensive.

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:05:08 PM

As was suggested by a community member here, we are initially releasing the whitepaper with the premise of accepting comments, feedback and criticism to yield a more thoroughly refined plan for design, implementation and execution. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for the documentation. How do you manage numbers of exit nodes? If there are too many VPN nodes, the connection speed will crawl (like Tor browser).

As I understand it you choose one exit node that you want to use for VPN connection an then all traffic goes through that exit node as long as you pay for it to the owner of the exit node. Other exit nodes are not used for your connection so the number of nodes should not affect your speed. But the number of users on that single node could be too high that it start to crawl. More nodes should get less users on each node.

ronnylov is correct; the VPN connection is 1-to-1 for a client node, and 1-to-many for exit nodes. You raise a good point in that limitations need to be available for exit nodes to specify maximum # of clients, as more bandwidth/traffic will inevitably affect the speed of an exit node.

If I want to host an exit node - what is the system requirements needed in order to deliver good VPN performance for the users?
Thinking I might have a limit of maximum 20 users charing the total bandwidth of maximum 100 Mbit/s (5 Mbit/s to each user on average).

I guess there already are OpenVPN benchmarks available for different kind of computers?
Or can I just run some kind of benchmark tool to get an answer that is valid for my computer?

Edit: Maybe we could integrate a benchmarking tool in the wallet to be able to get recommendations of what kind of VPN offers this computer is able to perform?

Great question. In terms of network speed/bandwidth, it really depends on how much bandwidth you are offering each user. In terms of processing power and memory, requirements are often minimal and probably on-par with what it takes to run a normal Intense blockchain node. It's anecdotal, but see example 1, example 2, etc. The limiting factor will likely only be uplink/downlink speeds.

Benchmarking bandwidth would be a strong addition. It might be considered overcomplicating the software, though, as it's simple for a user to head to speedtest.net and measure connection capabilities, while in-software integration of a feature like that is quite labor intensive.

Yes you are right we don't need overcomplicating the software. Some guidelines in text could be enough with links to external tools or examples of hardware that work well.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
angeloal

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:20:34 PM

itns.intensepool.net

Back up on the right chain! 0% fees until November 30th.

@jamesmd, the pool haven´t made payments after 12:01... What´s wrong?

I already sent a message to pool admin over slack... Hope he fixes it soon

EDIT Everything sorted

This pool is unstable, I think, and some users are leaving it.
The ´Pending Balance´ don´t update, the payments are delayed for fell hours and the amount pay seems incorrect.
Are the pool admins on this forum?
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

itns.intensepool.net

Back up on the right chain! 0% fees until November 30th.

@jamesmd, the pool haven´t made payments after 12:01... What´s wrong?

I already sent a message to pool admin over slack... Hope he fixes it soon

EDIT Everything sorted

The ´Pending Balance´ don´t update, the payments are delayed for fell hours and the amount pay seems incorrect.

I have already contacted the pool admin on slack... Waiting for his reply
angeloal

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:29:04 AM

Hi There,

New IntenseCoin Mining Pool with Low Fee...
0.5% fee

itns.myxmr.org

Give it a try..  Grin Wink

Hey!
Are U this pool admin?
I put a worker with 400H/s (R9-270x) to work on it!

Let's increase our network strength!!
jamesmd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:54:01 AM

Hello,

I am one of the admins for intensepool. We haven't had any recent issues other than with the payment script.

This is now resolved. All payments have been paid out within 3 hours of any issue being reported. Coins are usually paid out instantly once the mined block is mature.

Our pool luck is 97%. For such a small pool this is very good! There are absolutely no fees or hidden charges and the amount paid out is the amount mined.

I have worked with the Intensecoin Devs on setting this pool up and the configuration is almost identical to the official pool.

We are also working hard on creating a wiki page to help new miners get started: wiki.intensepool.net

And we have also created an app for the official slack to show pool statistics throughout the ITNS network:

If anyone had any suggestions or feedback feel free to PM me on the official slack @james.dawson

I can confirm that everything on itns.intensepool.net is running smoothly with frequent payouts and a steady hashrate. We own all of our own hardware and the servers are colocated in a datacenter very close to home that we have access to 24/7 incase of any serious issues.

We also have great Latency to all of the UK, Mainland Europe and the East coast of the US.

Intensepool.net | Cryptonight mining pool | 0% fees!
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:20:29 PM

Hello,

I am one of the admins for intensepool. We haven't had any recent issues other than with the payment script.

This is now resolved. All payments have been paid out within 3 hours of any issue being reported. Coins are usually paid out instantly once the mined block is mature.

Our pool luck is 97%. For such a small pool this is very good! There are absolutely no fees or hidden charges and the amount paid out is the amount mined.

I have worked with the Intensecoin Devs on setting this pool up and the configuration is almost identical to the official pool.

We are also working hard on creating a wiki page to help new miners get started: wiki.intensepool.net

And we have also created an app for the official slack to show pool statistics throughout the ITNS network:

If anyone had any suggestions or feedback feel free to PM me on the official slack @james.dawson

I can confirm that everything on itns.intensepool.net is running smoothly with frequent payouts and a steady hashrate. We own all of our own hardware and the servers are colocated in a datacenter very close to home that we have access to 24/7 incase of any serious issues.

We also have great Latency to all of the UK, Mainland Europe and the East coast of the US.

I like your pool and mining on it right now.
What is "official slack" and how can I join that?

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
jamesmd

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

Hello,

I like your pool and mining on it right now.
What is "official slack" and how can I join that?

Thanks for your feedback! You can join here: https://intense-coin.herokuapp.com/

Intensepool.net | Cryptonight mining pool | 0% fees!
cryptosnisgo

Activity: 112

Dont relax, KEEP INTENSE...!!!

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:06:21 PM

It seems to be something wrong with exchange again.....

Sad

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
cryptosnisgo

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:21:49 PM

Keep up the good job guys Wink

GL

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
valiant1

Lethean Developer

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 02:46:45 AM

Sad

I'm not entirely sure of what is depicted in the screenshot but did you try contacting the support team?

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
SlowGrowth

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:18:17 PM

Does Smb knows, whether this team has experience?

This is the info on OP:

We are a dedicated & passionate core team of 3 people.

Valiant, an academic PhD candidate and full stack developer with 13 years
experience in software engineering and a wide knowledge of C/C++, C#, web and
mobile development.

Alex, an innovative digital marketer (MBA) with 10 years of relevant knowledge
and 5 years of blochain/crypto related experience.

Lucio, a spirited media & graphic designer that creates outstanding visuals.

Also i think there will be an update on the 15th of this month, like in previous months, that might contain more information about the team. You might wanna stick around to check it Wink
chengyz

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:53:43 PM

My wallet can not be synchronized, stopped at 50069。
please help me。I do not know what to do
SlowGrowth

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 05:28:09 PM

My wallet can not be synchronized, stopped at 50069。
please help me。I do not know what to do

Thats because your using the old version. Try downloading the new one and that should fix your problem.

Download Link

https://github.com/valiant1x/intensecoinwallet/releases/tag/v1.2.2
valiant1

Lethean Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 12:56:25 AM

Whitepaper updated to eliminate centralized servers for data security, instead employing an option to disable HTTP (non-HTTPS) requests, using decentralized DNS resolution and decentralized SSL CA validation!  Smiley

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
cryptosnisgo

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:31:15 AM

Sad

I'm not entirely sure of what is depicted in the screenshot but did you try contacting the support team?

All good here now Wink

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
comicbook125

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:34:09 AM

Whitepaper updated to eliminate centralized servers for data security, instead employing an option to disable HTTP (non-HTTPS) requests, using decentralized DNS resolution and decentralized SSL CA validation!  Smiley

2/3 of my invested cryptonote coins were already dropped by their dev team (BAS and XDN). I hope this coin will be another story.
valiant1

Lethean Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

2/3 of my invested cryptonote coins were already dropped by their dev team (BAS and XDN). I hope this coin will be another story.

Comic our entire team is in it for the long haul. We already have plans made for 2 years out. Come along for the ride, you won't be disappointed !!

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
SlowGrowth

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:46:15 PM

Comic our entire team is in it for the long haul. We already have plans made for 2 years out. Come along for the ride, you won't be disappointed !!

You might want to enjoy the xmas sales and low attention from mining farms because its gonna be an INTENSE winter Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: