Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin  (Read 22354 times)
pwi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:48:35 AM

Time is an illusion of human device a relative concept, backed by math, and grounded in science, being one of three fundamental components that make up all matter in existence. Religion (also an illusion) gives those without reason a lens with which to view their surroundings and examine their inner selves too lazy to think and learn, a convenient, simple, happy story, which can be summarized as "God did it," and be used as an excuse from having to figure out what happened and from taking responsibility for one's own life. The absence of faith is indeed faith simply growing up and putting the children's stories behind us.

I wonder if pwi believes that one needs faith to not believe in unicorns and Harry Potter...

Unicorns? They're real!! Harry Potter, c'mon I gotta draw the line somewhere. Harry Potter is some storybook shit.  Wink

Faith is a foundational human quality. No other species exhibits such asinine behavior. It is what makes us human. It is certainly not the cunt hair's difference that separates our DNA sequence from that of swine.   

Time is only relevant to the fellow with a watch.

I like science. I hold a few degrees in various disciplines like molecular biology, biochemistry, and the pseudoscience we call medicine. Time is merely another tool of human construct with which to view and measure the world.

I contribute to mathematical models that are used to study protein folding and the like. It takes time to study and test theory. However, the answer we find was there all along regardless of when we discover it.

You feel me? 

Just because you perceive it doesn't make it real. Failure to perceive does not make something fail to exist.

We may both be correct. A douchebag is and was and forever shall be a douchebag regardless of what time it is.

My bitcoin trades are predicated on time. Value is time dependent.

I'm all grown up (unfortunately).

Prove matter is dependent upon time. I will hang up and listen.

My 'scientific' view of time is that it is a means of measure with a foundation rooted in visual observation. It exists only so we can make sense of nonsense and to provide a means of measure of the immeasurable.

Peace...pwi

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 03:51:59 PM

You know, as long as we keep driving in our 1980's steel muscle cars, god has no power over us.

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." (Judges 1:19)
crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

You know, as long as we keep driving in our 1980's steel muscle cars, god has no power over us.

"And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." (Judges 1:19)

Not that it matters in this thread, but the 80s were the lowest ebb of musclecardom...   Cry
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:09:49 PM

Not that it matters in this thread, but the 80s were the lowest ebb of musclecardom...   Cry

You got that right! The peak was with the 1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe. yeah baby yeah. lol

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:12:22 PM

I was actually curious about religious beliefs with regards to bitcoins, I did not really expect to see an athiestic bigotry thread.

Tongue

Athiestic bigotry?  I have been called stupid, ignorant, etc... for just giving my opinions on this post, so I think it definitely goes both ways.  And I even said that atheists are very intelligent.  So who is bigoted?  I try to not to judge but I should be allowed to have my own beliefs I would think.  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:21:42 PM

Fundamentalism is alive and well.
Good thing Bitcoin participation is voluntary, and the protocol don't discriminate.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:23:33 PM

You got that right! The peak was with the 1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe. yeah baby yeah. lol

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/36428289/1105phr_05_o+1968_pontiac_firebird+may_2011_hometown_hot_rodding.jpg

Ahh, when even the FireChicken ruled.  I'm a fan of:
http://image.chevyhiperformance.com/f/42055881/1208chp-16-o-+run-to-the-coast-iii+68-chevy-camaro.jpg
(never owned one, but had a very sexy though pathetically underpowered '67 318 (da truck motor) 'cuda)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:29:52 PM

Ahh, when even the FireChicken ruled.  I'm a fan of:

(never owned one, but had a very sexy though pathetically underpowered '67 318 (da truck motor) 'cuda)

Sweet! I think I saw one at Hot August Nights in Reno last year.

On topic: I really believe Jesus loves Bitcoins and muscle cars because motorheads love Jesus and Bitcoins too. That's scientific proof that Jesus is real. lol

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:02:21 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 10:58:29 PM by Sitarow

What would you do if you could abolish all things you felt were untruth.

Religion is a manmade club like any other, with rules by which to segregate and perks to make the club feel special from other clubs. The club gets together periodically to reinforce the delusions of members. Many branches of this club have dues which most call a tîthe. Each club redefines words so its intolerance seems righteous.

You've chosen, or were likely born into a family who joined, the club that aligns best with your own fantasy concerning how to minimize your fears in life. You and others in the club are afraid so you've made up a god that soothes you by making decisions for you, helping you feel less alone in the universe, and promising you life everlasting. The various club gods offer perks to induce membership such as seeing dead relatives, virginal séx partners, planets to rule or even one's own god status.

The Jesus mythologized in Christianity never existed, was and is king of nothing. The bible is a collection of stolen, modified, pre-fabricated myth and forgeries about a non-existent deity. You don't have to be afraid.

You go ahead and attempt to relate your perception to explain my choices in life..

Fear, control, and freedom are illusions. Imminent dangers excluded, I have overcome the fears that were imposed on me by those using ideologies that you subscribe too.

You assume much about me.

"Some people are, to be blunt, stupid while others are smart...
Some people are sheep, some are wolves..."

When the mentally ill rise to power, they dominate corrupted by hubris and greed.

Humans are pack social creatures and every pack needs a leader...

There is a huge distinction between a leader and a tyrant.

Is that not why you yourself are looking into Bitcoin?

All leaders be them tyrants or respected hero's are a byproduct of their environment. Failing to see this early in life brings on life long issues. Our own brains development is effected by our environment and the company we keep.

It is well known that a person nurtured in a social loving environment have greater potential of making needed connections in brain development, that result in a healthy identity of self.
This self awareness develops balance and reasonable nature that enable them to become future leaders.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:27:36 PM

Time is only relevant to the fellow with a watch.

Time is merely another tool of human construct with which to view and measure the world.

Prove matter is dependent upon time. I will hang up and listen.

E = MC^2

C = 299,792,458 meters per second. The unit of measure is relative and arbitrary. We could say it's 670,616,629 miles per hour. Regardless, it's a constant, dependent on a constant time.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:33:00 PM

Was going to chime in with my thoughts on what the Sky People think of bitcoin when I was sidetracked by some lovely cars.

Such as this one:  

This is of course the classic of classic muscle cars, a '69 Mustang Mach 1

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:34:52 PM

The entire bible is a fraud. It contains as much fact as does The Lord of The Rings. There isn't a good reason for wasting another moment of your life being conned by it.

In the Immortal Words of Ozzy Osbourne:

"Well I have seen the truth, yes I've seen the light and I've changed my ways
And I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared at the end of our days

Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say
If they knew you believe in God above?
They should realize before they criticize
that God is the only way to love

Is your mind so small that you have to fall
In with the pack wherever they run
Will you still sneer when death is near
And say they may as well worship the sun?"

Let's just see how much the "Lord of the Rings" helps you when you're dying...

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

Was going to chime in with my thoughts on what the Sky People think of bitcoin when I was sidetracked by some lovely cars.

Such as this one:  

*snip*

Oh yeah baby, perfection in steel!

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:40:56 PM

The one thing I could never figure out: if god is love why is there hell? If god is forgiving, why is hell eternal?
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:44:37 PM

I'm actually a little bit confused as to why people find it so hard to believe in God.

Is it really easier to believe that we all "just happened" through some fluke of science? I mean really... We all came from single cell organism that after untold millions of years eventually mutated to the point where we can create wonderful things like the '68 Firebird Coupe, or the Bitcoin system? Riiiight... I call Bull Shit on that!

Do the atheists really believe this all "just happened"? Come on guys! LOL! That take's WAY more "faith" in my book than just buying into the supreme being idea.

Sorry, but I find the supreme being idea WAY more credible.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:45:46 PM

The one thing I could never figure out: if god is love why is there hell? If god is forgiving, why is hell eternal?

Maybe he's like Nietzsche & doesn't want to dilute the truth by making it accessible to the masses Smiley
crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:49:20 PM

Such as this one:  

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1suJX_ewN9E/TbpFH_0ZCjI/AAAAAAAAAP0/vkUa06L0Y3k/s1600/1969mustang-mach1.jpg

"it's 1969 baaaaeeyby!"  -- Iggy, another fine Detroit product
crumbcake

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:55:36 PM

Not that it matters in this thread, but the 80s were the lowest ebb of musclecardom...   Cry

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/36428289/1105phr_05_o+1968_pontiac_firebird+may_2011_hometown_hot_rodding.jpg

Here's the horrible part about being a gearhead:  Normal people look at the pic, and it's mechanical pron.  All i can think of: Align that hood FFS!  It's just a bump stop!

Edit:  On topic:  Who else gets unnerved by the bumper sticker "God is my copilot"?  I picture throttle floored, hands raised up in exalted "Halleluja!" and eyes shut in ecstasy. Sad
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

I'm actually a little bit confused as to why people find it so hard to believe in God.

Is it really easier to believe that we all "just happened" through some fluke of science? I mean really... We all came from single cell organism that after untold millions of years eventually mutated to the point where we can create wonderful things like the '68 Firebird Coupe, or the Bitcoin system? Riiiight... I call Bull Shit on that!

Do the atheists really believe this all "just happened"? Come on guys! LOL! That take's WAY more "faith" in my book than just buying into the supreme being idea.

Sorry, but I find the supreme being idea WAY more credible.

You sound like you would appreciate Rosicrucian teachings. They tend to want to blend science and religious philosophy using a belief that they have secret wisdom that was passed down to them. Rosicrucians are pretty cool to talk to actually.

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:58:26 PM

I remember reading some where that an older document was found that showed 666 to be a typo. the number was 610 or some such.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: