Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin  (Read 22354 times)
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 01:14:43 PM

Satoshi is GOD!

Andy B

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 02:48:38 PM

If:

A) We see a worldwide, utopian government arise,

that:

B) Demands everyone to implant a chip (or the like) in our foreheads or in our right hands,

that:

C) Is required to trade or buy merchandise,

then we have a problem.

Until then, not so much.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:52:46 PM

If they don't buy bitcoins, that's moar for me.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:09:36 PM

I introduced bitcoin to a friend and they started talking about how the bible predicts a currency take over and its the start of the Revelation.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

was he referring to verses as "and the beast will impose its mark on them, and no one will be allowed to trade without the mark" in the apocalypse? Or what else?

Please post the exact reference, it must be funny!

This is a pretty good explanation. At least the best I can find. As with all things religion it's a massive leap to the conclusions the religious community draw from it.

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed." (Revelation 13:1-15)

The Antichrist would not be able to make anyone do anything in these verses if he didn't have control of at least most of the planet. This requires a one-world beuracracy to run everything.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." (Revelation 13:16-17)

Now, while it doesn't exactly say that there will be one currency, it is inferred from scripture that in order to enact this, the Antichrist will need to have control of the world's financial system. And it wouldn't make much sense to have about 140 or so different currencies that can all fluctuate relative to one another, like they do now.

CypressXM

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:14:24 PM

Bitcoin is the Digital Jesus (or Djesus), and Djesus is risen!

All hail our coin and savior.

Djesus changed bits into value, can easily feed a village with fish, and in the sea of global commerce walked on water.

Also, like Django, Djesus has a vendetta against the owners of the system.
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:19:16 PM

no man shall buy or sell without the mark of the beast on his forehand/forehead

it will take great wisdom to work out who the beast is.. the number of his name is 666

This i worked out ages ago...

this symbol is ----- 666

3 6s rotated

ner ner nerr ner, ner ner nerr ner .... (this was supposed to be the twilight zone tune)

I just added up Satoshi in asci.. = 666

ok, was joking.. i  never tried

keelba

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:27:11 PM

It is amazing to me how many people mock this topic. This is very serious. Maybe it's not important to you but we're talking about religion here. People really take this shit seriously. THEY WILL KILL FOR THEIR BELIEFS. We worry about how the central banks might react and how they might put an end to Bitcoin. We really need to consider how the religious will act. They are far more scary to me than the government or the Fed. There are zealots out there, representing no specific religion, who would not think twice to detonate a nuclear bomb and wipe out an entire metropolitan city to make their point.

An answer to the Revelations issue would not be a bad thing for the Bitcoin community to start seriously working out now. We have Bitcoin representatives working with government regulatory agencies now. Is anyone talking to the religious leaders? Can we get a papal blessing on Bitcoin?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:33:54 PM

It is amazing to me how many people mock this topic. This is very serious. Maybe it's not important to you but we're talking about religion here. People really take this shit seriously. THEY WILL KILL FOR THEIR BELIEFS. We worry about how the central banks might react and how they might put an end to Bitcoin. We really need to consider how the religious will act. They are far more scary to me than the government or the Fed. There are zealots out there, representing no specific religion, who would not think twice to detonate a nuclear bomb and wipe out an entire metropolitan city to make their point.

An answer to the Revelations issue would not be a bad thing for the Bitcoin community to start seriously working out now. We have Bitcoin representatives working with government regulatory agencies now. Is anyone talking to the religious leaders? Can we get a papal blessing on Bitcoin?

No, what we should do is endorse Bitcoin as Currency of the Beast.

All this Nutjobs believe it's Gods plan to have a apocalypse, and therefor Bitcoin is part of Gods plan.

You don't want to stay in the way of Gods plan, do you?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
CypressXM

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:34:30 PM

My suggestion would be to get over your fear. I don't think it's worth the effort to reach out to most religious leaders...waste of time. Render unto Caesar and so on. Homeland security has been working with religious leaders for years, they beat you to the punch.

I don't think we can ever get a Papal or a Paypal blessing. They are both equally unlikely.
keelba

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:37:51 PM

OK for anyone that is wondering:
S=83
a=97
t=116
o=111
s=115
h=104
i=105
Sum=731

If all letters are lower case, then it goes up to 763. However, if you capitalize any 3 letters than the total is 667. So SaToShi=667. Is that enough to declare armageddon?
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:43:30 PM

OK for anyone that is wondering:
S=83
a=97
t=116
o=111
s=115
h=104
i=105
Sum=731

If all letters are lower case, then it goes up to 763. However, if you capitalize any 3 letters than the total is 667. So SaToShi=667. Is that enough to declare armageddon?

what about surname all in capitals?  or.. S.Nxxxxxxx

must be some combination to get 666 :d

i once did a program to do this.. and tried to get 666 with gwbush

Skrapps

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:01:33 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 05:27:41 PM by Skrapps

I'm more concerned with the religion OF bitcoin.  Their are FAR too many people who have near apocalyptic visions of how BTC will transform the world and bring torment an damnation upon governments, banks, Keynesians and everyone who has ever mocked them.  While the BTCers will be enraptured in wealth and splendor and rule the world at the right-hand of Satoshi.  Sound familiar???

This^^^

This scene embodies at least half of bitcointalk's non technical/helpful threads (Mike Leigh's 'Naked' 1993): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90sl94g7PE&t=2m18s
CypressXM

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:15:47 PM

I'm more concerned with the religion OF bitcoin.  Their are FAR too many people who have near apocalyptic visions of how BTC will transform the world and bring torment an damnation upon governments, banks, Keynesians and everyone who has ever mocked them.  While the BTCers will be enraptured in wealth and splendor and rule the world at the right-hand of Satoshi.  Sound familiar???

This^^^

This scene embodies at least half of bitcointalk's non technical/helpful threads (Mike Leigh's 'Naked' 1993 SFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90sl94g7PE&t=2m18s

Agree.

I've noticed that naivete is rampant 'round these parts.

Empires do not collapse in the center. They crumble around the edges.
santostfm

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:19:56 PM

I introduced bitcoin to a friend and they started talking about how the bible predicts a currency take over and its the start of the Revelation.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

was he referring to verses as "and the beast will impose its mark on them, and no one will be allowed to trade without the mark" in the apocalypse? Or what else?

Please post the exact reference, it must be funny!

+1 for the reference. It will be funny.

If it is the "mark of the devil" thing then that's a massive stretch to bit coins. He could just as well be talking about skinny jeans (I do believe these to be the mark of the devil).... Not sure why God wanted to warn us of the Apocalypse but also wanted to do it ambiguously and in code.

Why would he not just say:
"oh yeah and when you see that bit coin stuff on the internet, that will be the apcoalypse".
"Whats that Mark? Whats the internet? Dont worry about it they will understand in 2000 years just write it down and stop back chatting me".
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 04:35:14 PM

The Bible and predictions, oh dear why does this come up on every major new thing and in lots of forums. I'll belive in it, trust the Pope, and his close followers when they release the hidden parts of the Bible from the secret vault Wink.
On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see people worshiping Satoshi or BC for that matter, that would be just crazy  Undecided.
P.S. This comes from someone who was an very active and religious person, just saying.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bohanz

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:37:14 PM

Papal, Paypal, neither will even begin to accept crypto's influence. I'm worried about the fanatics on both the theistic side and on the BTC side
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:00:36 PM

This scene embodies at least half of bitcointalk's non technical/helpful threads (Mike Leigh's 'Naked' 1993 SFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90sl94g7PE&t=2m18s

Oooh thanks, I had forgotten about that film. It's just reminded me of the usenet group alt.prophecies.nostradamus which I used to enjoy reading. It's full of nutjobs.  I just searched for alt.prophecies.nostradamus, and it's still in existence. They have already been talking about Bitcoin.
Theraty

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:05:45 PM

The Bible and predictions, oh dear why does this come up on every major new thing and in lots of forums. I'll belive in it, trust the Pope, and his close followers when they release the hidden parts of the Bible from the secret vault Wink.
On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see people worshiping Satoshi or BC for that matter, that would be just crazy  Undecided.
P.S. This comes from someone who was an very active and religious person, just saying.

Bs - Before satoshi. It sounds like bs but tell that to his religious leaders 500 years from now.
FreddyFender

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Shamantastic!

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:09:18 PM

How's about we don't be followers of anything and lead when possible. Maturity demands we stand up to those who would make bow down and bow to those who cannot stand up. I come from a dominate catholic community who are dealing with the impact of abusive priests and we all wonder where the sensibility of community leaders was 20-30 years ago.
Bitcoin's impact is that it strips the veil away from financial malfeasance. John's Revelation declares the lifting of the veil from religious malfeasance. Don't look for science or financial solutions in holy books, or use a book as a hammer upon society. Bitcoin is a meme change - freedom from ancient chains. Emperor's New Clothes for current monetary systems. D-systems pushing up against false valuation of wealth.

FF

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 05:15:34 PM

[....] I used to think it isn't but now I think it indeed is.

BITCOIN is the Apocalypse!!!  Shocked

But look up what Apocalypse actually means: "disclosure of knowledge, hidden from humanity in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception".

Bitcoin will force all the hidden players to come out and show their true faces. Makes perfect sense to me.  Cool

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: