Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416462 times)
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:34:38 PM

Edit: -

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:47:51 PM

Oh thank God lol.  I was truly at a loss how to explain it differently.

Please do not be offended by my manner, I confess I am more a "numbers person" then a "people person".

With that basic fundamental out of the way, lets get back to the propose of this forum; Stephan's bot.

Just so it is clear, I am just a user/tester of the bot... have no other affiliation with it.  disclaimer on me, I am an experienced trader, but pretty new to playing with bots; I am learning.

One of the things I like about Stephan's bot, is that it warns you when you are making a bone-headed move on your settings; then actually does a pretty good job protecting you from both the market and yourself.  I am a great tester of these features, as I am a master of bone-headed moves. Wink

So... back to the question that started this whole thing, trade amounts.  We now know, from the math, that "bigger is better" when trading.  So:

Step #1.  Using smaller amounts, get a feel for the market and where your profit points are.

Step #2.  Use as much money as you can afford to risk in making your trades.

If you succeed with #1, and your trade strategies are valid, you will make the most money with step #2.  If not, you will lose the most lol.

That said, I would love for there to be more discussion in this forum geared specifically toward settings & strategies in using STB.  This is _not_ a simple "plug & play" bot, despite it's name, & I would love to get a better grasp on using the tools it offers.

Smiley

enki74

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

Oh thank God lol.  I was truly at a loss how to explain it differently.

Please do not be offended by my manner, I confess I am more a "numbers person" then a "people person".

With that basic fundamental out of the way, lets get back to the propose of this forum; Stephan's bot.

Just so it is clear, I am just a user/tester of the bot... have no other affiliation with it.  disclaimer on me, I am an experienced trader, but pretty new to playing with bots; I am learning.

One of the things I like about Stephan's bot, is that it warns you when you are making a bone-headed move on your settings; then actually does a pretty good job protecting you from both the market and yourself.  I am a great tester of these features, as I am a master of bone-headed moves. Wink

So... back to the question that started this whole thing, trade amounts.  We now know, from the math, that "bigger is better" when trading.  So:

Step #1.  Using smaller amounts, get a feel for the market and where your profit points are.

Step #2.  Use as much money as you can afford to risk in making your trades.

If you succeed with #1, and your trade strategies are valid, you will make the most money with step #2.  If not, you will lose the most lol.

That said, I would love for there to be more discussion in this forum geared specifically toward settings & strategies in using STB.  This is _not_ a simple "plug & play" bot, despite it's name, & I would love to get a better grasp on using the tools it offers.

Smiley

So here is what mine look like... http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/enki74/media/trading_zps9f479024.jpg.html
kird03

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

I'v a question/remark about version 0.8 (latest)

I wanted the bot to sell all my bitcoins i had with the high/low bot and selected the all in option.
After a while the boundaries where reached and the trade was made. I got however stuck with 0.0073 BTC, for which no sell order was made.

A closes look showed me that not the complete amount of bitcoin a sell order was given for, but a portion was not sold, for which i assume the fee had to be paid off.
But either the calculation is wrong, or the fee is paid from the sales value, and no reservation should have been made for that (when trading manula on the btc-e, If i would sell all, i can sell all and fees are just subtracted from the sale earnings)

Is this bot behaviour done by design, or did i find a bug?
enki74

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:33:13 PM

I'v a question/remark about version 0.8 (latest)

I wanted the bot to sell all my bitcoins i had with the high/low bot and selected the all in option.
After a while the boundaries where reached and the trade was made. I got however stuck with 0.0073 BTC, for which no sell order was made.

A closes look showed me that not the complete amount of bitcoin a sell order was given for, but a portion was not sold, for which i assume the fee had to be paid off.
But either the calculation is wrong, or the fee is paid from the sales value, and no reservation should have been made for that (when trading manula on the btc-e, If i would sell all, i can sell all and fees are just subtracted from the sale earnings)

Is this bot behaviour done by design, or did i find a bug?

Pretty sure he said that a portion was left behind with purpose ....
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

Thanks for the screen cap enki74, but what are you using for settings?  RSI signals?  At what threshold?

Don't answer if you are of the opinion that this type of information should be kept "secret".  Many feel they have the "secret formula, and are afraid if they share it too many people will learn it and it will not work anymore.

This position is not well thought out.  Trading has been around so long, there are no "secrets".  There are only informed decisions & strategies.  I learned everything I know from other people, and will in turn pass that to anyone who wants to learn.  We all learn from each other, and IMO it makes us all better traders; especially is a small community like this one (STB).

That said, I am currently testing the RSI signal generator.  I want it to buy/sell fast on sudden, pronounced movement (spike) but not necessarily on more gradual movement (trend).  I also want it to recover as soon as possible from an 'out of trade range' condition.  Toward that end, I am using RSI30 with 10% & 90% thresholds and the minimum drop settings allowed.  The bot is making decent trades with these settings, but as I learn to use it better, I hope to refine that.

Axiel

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:41:52 AM

That said, I am currently testing the RSI signal generator.  I want it to buy/sell fast on sudden, pronounced movement (spike) but not necessarily on more gradual movement (trend).  I also want it to recover as soon as possible from an 'out of trade range' condition.  Toward that end, I am using RSI30 with 10% & 90% thresholds and the minimum drop settings allowed.  The bot is making decent trades with these settings, but as I learn to use it better, I hope to refine that.

Sean, are you using 0.9 alpha or 0.8 - I'm still using 0.8, I didn't get on board soon enough to get in on the alpha testing.  When you say minimum drop settings, are you referring to the profit and drop safeties?  I think I'm coming to the same conclusion, the closer these are to the exchange fee (ie 2 times instead of the 6 to 12 mentioned in the setup instructions), the more likely it is to execute an order that ends up profitable more often. 

While watching for a few hours, using RSI 30 with 30/70 and 60 second interval, a setting at 2 times the rate would have executed 3 times with a profit of approximately 0.4% for each trade, while a setting at 5 times would have executed a buy order, but never a sell.

Would love to compare notes and see how different approaches affect the results.

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:36:17 AM

Sean, are you using 0.9 alpha or 0.8 - I'm still using 0.8, I didn't get on board soon enough to get in on the alpha testing.  When you say minimum drop settings, are you referring to the profit and drop safeties?  I think I'm coming to the same conclusion, the closer these are to the exchange fee (ie 2 times instead of the 6 to 12 mentioned in the setup instructions), the more likely it is to execute an order that ends up profitable more often. 

While watching for a few hours, using RSI 30 with 30/70 and 60 second interval, a setting at 2 times the rate would have executed 3 times with a profit of approximately 0.4% for each trade, while a setting at 5 times would have executed a buy order, but never a sell.

Would love to compare notes and see how different approaches affect the results.

Yes, I am, and I am using V.9.  It is far easier to use (IMO) to set & see what is going on.  I am sure you will be very impressed with it.

Smiley

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 07:09:47 AM

I can only hope the new version will become more clear to everybody, thats was one of the main targets. And of course what would be really cool is that more will come from this. Like sean notices, a community of people discussing different kind of strategies would be cool. It is possible, the software offers the abilities for it and because of things like the benchmarking tool can check every claim made by everybody. Theoretically it would also be possible to join in the trade contests, one of the things i was hoping for. This way i really can proof the software works and can make good profits. but of course this has to be discussed first, they need to accept the technical calculation methods i have implemented and the results. So reguarding that... well i just need to wait and see what will be possible.

Tonight i will upgrade the Alpha version to Alpha-2. This version will again be send to the Alpha testers. This will be one of the last Alpha versions that i made. With this version i hope to show all the reported issues are solved and its ready for release. The Beta release is planned for the end of next week. All the registered users will be updated by then. I am not fully sure if i would be able to be ready with all the translations, so it is possible i will do a release in English only. The other languages will follow every soon if this happens.

Something else... yesterday i had another person who was fallen for the scammed version. I am posting it here to really point out the danger of it:
hey , hows it going . i purchased your simple trade bot , i havent got the chance to use it yet as my windows machine is broken . my friend , who i think is scamming me and has possesion of my expensive miners told me your trade bot has a signiture that prevents it being copied . he asked me for half of the cost of the bot which i paid , he told me it he couldnt gve me a copy which is what i paid for , i was just wondering if this is true ?

I can not help this person, the only thing that remains for me to say is that this person was not smart doing this. He claim to have lost control over its mining rig, i can only imagine how big the damage could be.

But again, this person now has a problem. Even if he had a working version without scam trash inside it he would have a problem. The Bitstamp API needs to be updated before the end of the month and he is missing everything about version v0.9. So again..... this is not smart to do. The final price for him is now way higher.  Sad

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 07:56:54 AM

Great news Stephan.

I am looking forward to more people getting a hold of this tool so I can compare notes!

enki74

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:23:04 PM

Thanks for the screen cap enki74, but what are you using for settings?  RSI signals?  At what threshold?

Don't answer if you are of the opinion that this type of information should be kept "secret".  Many feel they have the "secret formula, and are afraid if they share it too many people will learn it and it will not work anymore.

This position is not well thought out.  Trading has been around so long, there are no "secrets".  There are only informed decisions & strategies.  I learned everything I know from other people, and will in turn pass that to anyone who wants to learn.  We all learn from each other, and IMO it makes us all better traders; especially is a small community like this one (STB).

Im using the standard RSI settings 30-70 Its done pretty good and after my lesson in trade amounts Im makeing more on each trade however I have been burnt by the jump out price any help on that? Whats the idea with that keep it tight jump out a lot or leave it loose?  Thanks for sharing here I look forward to lots of "smart" trading Smiley
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

The "Jump out" is also known as a "Drop-loss". What it does is it monitors the current buy price. If the current buy price has become lower then the "Jump out" or "Drop-loss" then all your coins will be sold and trading will be stopped. This will prevent you from any big losses during sudden drops.

If the price gets back above the "Jump out" price then the software will resume trading.

By default the "Jump out" is set to 95% of the currency buy price. So the currency needs to drop at least 5% until this safety kicks in. But you are free to change this value.

By the way:
This is a feature from version 0.9, it is not present in version 0.8.x

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 06:55:35 PM

I am working on finessing the RSI settings to resist buys on price slides, to buy as close as possible to price reversals.  I was going to post some screen caps... but am not seeing how to embed pictures...?

enki74

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:05:44 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 12:01:17 AM by enki74

I am working on finessing the RSI settings to resist buys on price slides, to buy as close as possible to price reversals.  I was going to post some screen caps... but am not seeing how to embed pictures...?

I just put them on http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w544/enki74/trading_zps9f479024.jpg
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 01:05:07 AM

I am working on finessing the RSI settings to resist buys on price slides, to buy as close as possible to price reversals.  I was going to post some screen caps... but am not seeing how to embed pictures...?

I just put them on http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/enki74/media/trading_zps9f479024.jpg.html

Hum that does not embed them the way I see in some posts here.  Anybody?

enki74

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

I just put them on http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/enki74/media/trading_zps9f479024.jpg.html

Its highly prized secret only known by a few privileged Smiley I have asked and asked keep trying tho I will be interested maybe there is a forum thread on the subject maybe we should start one Smiley
Axiel

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:04:21 PM

Hum that does not embed them the way I see in some posts here.  Anybody?

Not 100% sure but should work by putting link to pic between [ img] [/ img] tags (without the spaces)

Should be a pic of Woodstock below:

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp147/mulan1581/snoopy/bth_woodstock.jpg

Don't think you can embed directly, the files have to be hosted somewhere else online.

Edit: Yep that worked  Smiley
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 06:36:27 PM

Not 100% sure but should work by putting link to pic between [ img] [/ img] tags (without the spaces)

Should be a pic of Woodstock below:

Don't think you can embed directly, the files have to be hosted somewhere else online.

Edit: Yep that worked  Smiley

Yup, that worked.  So I have to find a place to put the pics, accessible to the net & link to it.  Hum, an awful lot of work.  Oh well, guess what I had to say/show was not all that important anyway.

To switch gears, has anybody has success with signal triggers besides RSI?  I so, how are you using/setting them up?

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 09:25:51 PM

Stephan, can you explain the difference between the EMA and EMA_Alternative signals?

jamesdoe

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:47:10 AM

I have only really been using high-low and that can work. It is also really good with the new jump out function since that works as a stop loss. You do have to reset the high-low indicator to reflect current prices.  I am still trying to understand the new indicators.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: