Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:23:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416411 times)
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 12:13:05 PM

Candlesticks are always based on trades, not on bids and asks. But I definitely would really enjoy both to be available :-).

Also how do the bid and ask prices currently interact with your indicators?

When you calculate RSI is it on Bid or Ask or on the Midpoint?

The interaction with the indicators depends on the coin position. If you own coins and you are looking to sell them you need look at the current sell price. If the do not own the coins and you want to buy them you need to look to the buy price. So i use both prices for the indicator.

The RSI (and its calculation) is based on the buy price. The same applies to the moving averages, they are also based on the buy price. The buy price is the leading price for a currency, like you said, the candel chart are also based on the buy prices.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:38:57 PM

Thank you for developing this.  I am having quite a bit of fun with the current release. Looking forward to the next one.

Best Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:03:57 AM

So, once purchased the source-code is also available?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 10:04:56 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 02:22:48 PM by Stephan224

No, you will be getting the binaries only. Only the core API files are open-source.

Edit:
Something else... during the Alpha tests Cryptsy was not yet supported. But i have received the files Cheesy and support for Cryptsy will be in version 0.9 coming monday!

For now it looks like the release of monday will not be limited in any way, everything is tested and seem to work properly. I solved the last bugs reported yesterday and proceed with a final test and making it beta. Smiley

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:02:18 PM

No, you will be getting the binaries only. Only the core API files are open-source.

Edit:
Something else... during the Alpha tests Cryptsy was not yet supported. But i have received the files Cheesy and support for Cryptsy will be in version 0.9 coming monday!

For now it looks like the release of monday will not be limited in any way, everything is tested and seem to work properly. I solved the last bugs reported yesterday and proceed with a final test and making it beta. Smiley

Binaries only...fair enough. It appears as though you have gained a fair amount of trust in the community thus far and addition of cryptsy soon (hopefully mcxnow soon to follow) and your apparent attention to detail with your customers throughout this thread are the selling points for me. Haven't been having a whole lotta luck with automated payment systems delivering content properly, is there any chance you could just shoot me an address to shoot the 0.60 off to old-school or should I just go ahead and chance it and keep track of the txid?

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:14:04 AM

Just sent off my payment...here is my bitpay proof receipt:

https://bitpay.com/invoice/ApWCkTqQ4FjfP64FFxBpMk

So, now how do I go about actually acquiring the goods?

Gimme the crypto!!
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 08:18:31 AM

Just sent off my payment...here is my bitpay proof receipt:

https://bitpay.com/invoice/ApWCkTqQ4FjfP64FFxBpMk

So, now how do I go about actually acquiring the goods?

Just go the the My Account page and there you will find the download link. Wink

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 05:47:29 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 10:14:55 PM by Stephan224

As everybody may know... today is the day i update the Simple Trade Bot to version 0.9 beta. The past days i have made the final adjustments and the software is now ready for release.

Because of the update procedure i use this time you have to wait till you get a mail from me. This mail will send to you within 24-hours. In this mail you will find the instruction to get the new version. Smiley

The final interface and supported exchanges.

JackDinn

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 07:03:49 PM

HI, really great work, happy now the timer is fixed so i can start tinkering Cheesy

I do already have a question , most of the indicators you use (RSI, MACD, ROC) are at there most basic gradient measurements and usually these indicators have a signal line added to them because we really want to get the end of a gradient rather than the gradient itself. Usually a moving average of the actual indicator is added which acts as a signal line.

Now im a bit confused because you do have an "Ticker offset" which kinda looks like it might be a similar thing but all my offset boxes in the indicator settings are greyed out so i cant tinker with them to see if this is the case ?

Excellent work and many thx.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:12:21 PM

Well your first question can be answered with the usage of a trading strategy. If you add more indicators the moment of a buy and a sale is later. So try adding more indicators, benchmark your trade-bot and see how your logic would perform.

The ticker offset is a feature that will allow you to do set the data for the indicator 0 or more steps back. 0 means use current currency data and 1 means the data before the current currency and so on... but it has not been fully tested yet. So its disabled in the current version.

Thanks, good to hear! Smiley

JackDinn

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:24:52 PM

Thx , sounds like the offset will be very handy when finished.

My next question. What are the indicators taken from ? Last , Close , or do the indicators gather data from the ASK line when your in a sold position and then swap over to the BID line when your in Brought position ?

Cheers.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 09:33:44 PM

You can look them all up, the calculations i use are called "technical market indicators". Wink

Edit:
I use the currency buy price (the close price).

JackDinn

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 09:37:48 PM

I know what they are, they are normally taken from the "close" of each tick (but they dont have to be), it was just that you don't show an open or close so i was just wondering.

thx.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:51:15 AM

Where are the CTF and PDF files located on the site?

ie: http://haasonline.tk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/RSILogic.pdf etc.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:39:16 AM

Just managed to get version 0.9.0 installed and finally managed to get my keys setup.  The layout seems a bit less cluttered. Interesting in checking out this benchmarking function as well.

FYI: one little thing that I've found so far, right after initial installation, even after setting up API keys properly for whatever exchanges your wanting to trade on, it apparently doesn't update the [Exchange Website] dropdown with a list of those exchanges for which the user has entered valid api keys.

*Also, wording on Cryptsy API key portion is confusing, might I suggest you use 'Public Key' and 'Private Key' instead of login/password? This would make it more consistent with the Cryptsy login portal that some of us are all too familiar with :p

Gimme the crypto!!
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 08:34:40 AM

Where are the CTF and PDF files located on the site?

ie: http://haasonline.tk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/RSILogic.pdf etc.

The CTF files are Currency Track Files. If you are in the benchmark tool you can load an CTF file to see how your trade stragety will preform. I just created some CTF files, but you can make them yourself too, just press Save at the benchmark tool.

http://www.haasonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/CurrencyRecords.zip

The PDF files are deleted. They where valid for version 0.8.x and not higher. I am making new schemes and as soon as i am done i will upload and post them.

Just managed to get version 0.9.0 installed and finally managed to get my keys setup.  The layout seems a bit less cluttered. Interesting in checking out this benchmarking function as well.

FYI: one little thing that I've found so far, right after initial installation, even after setting up API keys properly for whatever exchanges your wanting to trade on, it apparently doesn't update the [Exchange Website] dropdown with a list of those exchanges for which the user has entered valid api keys.

*Also, wording on Cryptsy API key portion is confusing, might I suggest you use 'Public Key' and 'Private Key' instead of login/password? This would make it more consistent with the Cryptsy login portal that some of us are all too familiar with :p

You are totally right, what you are pointing out is abug which i have written down at my website too. Once you setup your API settings you need to restart the application to update the [Exchange website] combobox. I have solved it already for the next update. And true, cryptsy should be with a API and secret key. If you enter those in these fields you will be alright.

JackDinn

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:02:46 AM

Hi,

I have an open order and tried to cancel it through the bot but cant the cancel button is greyed out ?

https://i.imgur.com/jMSyhvm.png
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:11:46 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 09:31:37 AM by Stephan224

It is not yet possible to cancel a open order. I am still looking into issues like how i should take care of a order if a part has been filled already at the exchange. As soon as i found out how to handel this (for each exchange) the button will be enabled. At the same time i will introduce a new feature that cancels a orders is it is to long open at the exchange.

The same applies to setting the offset of a indicator. Its there, it works but is has not fully been tested yet. So i disbaled it out of security reasons. It will be enabled at the coming updates in the future.

These 2 limits are very minor. Yes you can discuss that canceling an order is very needed, but for normal operation you do not need those features yet. Thats why i pushed the release and why those 2 items are disabled. These are the only one btw.

There are even hidden features inside version 0.9, you can not see those features unless you do something special. But those features are not yet active in this version, i have created them and hidden them so some people can have a look and test it. As soon as they tested it and it has been approved i will add those features. These features are most of the time discussed here and with a select group of people i test them. This way i am able to make good software that has been tested and verified and you as end-user will get that good software. With this construction i can keep everybody happy. (at least that is whats i am doing it for)

Edit:
I am still in the process of giving everybody acces to the new version.

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:35:41 AM

How exactly does the RoC indicator work? If I look at the parameters, I'm a little bit confused:

Buy Level > -1
Sell Level < 1

Does that mean that between -1 and 1 you need to both buy and sell?

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
JackDinn

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:51:49 AM

can you please explain exactly what determines if the "Buying Allowed" and "selling allowed" bars are green or not ?

I found this statement but just cant figure what they are.

Below the bot signal you will see 2 fields, called “Buying allowed” and “Selling allowed”. Both fields can be green or white. When a field turns green it means that buying and/or selling is allowed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: