Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416455 times)
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:30:59 AM

Is there any way to limit trades to only the amounts specified in the "Trade Amount" box?

I've noticed that if I only want to trade with 10Btc (say), if I have a total of 30 in my wallet, and the Drop-loss level is hit, it's possible that all 30 would be sold in 10 + 10 + 10 increments (presumably assuming there are 3 ticks all below my drop loss?  Is that how it works?)

Is the mechanism to create another wallet and put all the coins I don't want traded into there?

Isnt it suppose to switch currency position after transaction has been made thus blocking 10+10+10 selling/buying concurrent transactions?

If not its a wrong behaviour in my opinion too.

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:18:15 AM

@kireinaha:
The target buy and sell price are dynamic prices. They will be adjusted according to the last buy or sell prices. To calculate them, just read last buy price and add the raise to it and you get the target sell price. The same applies the other way around, read the last sell price minus the wanted drop and you get the target buy price.

The shown target buy and sell prices are just minimums. The real momentum is generated by the indicator. So the indicator will even push the real selling price up and it will push the buying price down.

So in conclusion there is a lot of overhead on the target and buy prices. They are really just minimums.

I am working on features that will allow the simple trade bot to accept losses under special conditions. Like for situations the target buy price or target sell price is never found. But i want to make sure the losses are limited and that is my challenge right now.

@miaoux:
the software will only work with the coins you give it to work with. So if you have set 10 coins, it will only try to trade 10 coins.

@nowywbitcoinowymswiecie:
The software will change coin position as soon as an trade has been accepted and confirmed by the exchange. 

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
enki74

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

As I understand it, the btc-e API only allows you to poll once a second max.

If you show what you mean by '20 trades a minute' with a section of a graphed image, then it'd make your requirement a little more clear I suspect...

miaoux, his assertion is a common one among kids that believe bots can somehow create trading.  Even the busiest exchanges can go hours without enough movement to create a profit margin for a single trade.  It is a similar argument to "many small trades cost less in fees then one large trade of equal value".

They will argue their point independent of any reason, and it is simply not worth the forums time and bother to try to point out the basic mechanics of trading to them.

You are like the school kid bully! You can not even hear the questions and statements being made here.  smaller trades have a SMALLER fee. If one is wanting more trades less movement required that is simple and you can not even cop to it so live in your fantasy number world where u know all!
enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:51:44 PM

If you show what you mean by '20 trades a minute' with a section of a graphed image, then it'd make your requirement a little more clear I suspect...

miaoux, his assertion is a common one among kids that believe bots can somehow create trading.  Even the busiest exchanges can go hours without enough movement to create a profit margin for a single trade.  It is a similar argument to "many small trades cost less in fees then one large trade of equal value".

They will argue their point independent of any reason, and it is simply not worth the forums time and bother to try to point out the basic mechanics of trading to them.
Kids argument, am far from a kid. Making assumptions that I am some punk teenager wrong am in my late 20s so get your assumptions right. Did I ever say I believe bots can some how make trades nope. Stop putting words into other peoples mouths and making assumptions because their wrong.

I know what bots do, and I am fully aware of how a bot works, and what it does, and how it does it. You can assumptions you want don't bother me one little bit. I could continue and go on all night about bots. However I don't have the time to waste when theirs more important things to do than talk to you. Maybe I should start making a bot and post it here. Then again I dont have the time it takes to put into coding when I am already coding my own website back office and setting a business up.

Miaoux I was referring to having more trading options and more aggressive ways of trading. When I was saying x amount of trades per min. Their would have to be enough trades going on to trade. So far from what my friend has shown me the bot has made only 2 trades within an hour with the settings he had it set. With that time window their should of at least been 10 to 15 trades happen for the bot to buy and sell on BTC/USD on btc-e at the time when he was showing me their was more than enough trades from people going on for your bot to also trade at that time too.

In the other post on here someone explaining making 15 trades that is very little for a bot. Am thinking it maybe something to do with sending and receiving data for the bot to look at and make its move from what a user has had their settings at. For the update window I think that 20sec is a little too long if theirs a lot happening with trading then a lot can happen in 20sec and the bot can miss out. maybe have it from 1 sec to 5 5 10 15 etc and above or having implemented a live feature s its live all the time. If the bot is looking every 20sec sending trades or updating every 20 sec this time frame is too big.

Right on! that guy is a math bully!
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:08:18 PM

Kids argument, am far from a kid. Making assumptions that I am some punk teenager wrong am in my late 20s so get your assumptions right. Did I ever say I believe bots can some how make trades nope. Stop putting words into other peoples mouths and making assumptions because their wrong.

I know what bots do, and I am fully aware of how a bot works, and what it does, and how it does it. You can assumptions you want don't bother me one little bit. I could continue and go on all night about bots. However I don't have the time to waste when theirs more important things to do than talk to you. Maybe I should start making a bot and post it here. Then again I dont have the time it takes to put into coding when I am already coding my own website back office and setting a business up.

Miaoux I was referring to having more trading options and more aggressive ways of trading. When I was saying x amount of trades per min. Their would have to be enough trades going on to trade. So far from what my friend has shown me the bot has made only 2 trades within an hour with the settings he had it set. With that time window their should of at least been 10 to 15 trades happen for the bot to buy and sell on BTC/USD on btc-e at the time when he was showing me their was more than enough trades from people going on for your bot to also trade at that time too.

In the other post on here someone explaining making 15 trades that is very little for a bot. Am thinking it maybe something to do with sending and receiving data for the bot to look at and make its move from what a user has had their settings at. For the update window I think that 20sec is a little too long if theirs a lot happening with trading then a lot can happen in 20sec and the bot can miss out. maybe have it from 1 sec to 5 5 10 15 etc and above or having implemented a live feature s its live all the time. If the bot is looking every 20sec sending trades or updating every 20 sec this time frame is too big.

Lol Enki74 and crazyearner, you both are hopeless.
Smaller trades do not have a smaller fee, because the fees is a percentage.

You better be trolling!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:21:38 PM

You better be trolling!

LOL ur completely blind to what others are saying and your statement is part of the answer yes its a % of the trade amount therefor smaller trade amount is smaller Fee amount requiring smaller movement in the market before a trade is made, WTF so smart but yet so blind...
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

@kireinaha:
The target buy and sell price are dynamic prices. They will be adjusted according to the last buy or sell prices. To calculate them, just read last buy price and add the raise to it and you get the target sell price. The same applies the other way around, read the last sell price minus the wanted drop and you get the target buy price.

The shown target buy and sell prices are just minimums. The real momentum is generated by the indicator. So the indicator will even push the real selling price up and it will push the buying price down.

So in conclusion there is a lot of overhead on the target and buy prices. They are really just minimums.

I am working on features that will allow the simple trade bot to accept losses under special conditions. Like for situations the target buy price or target sell price is never found. But i want to make sure the losses are limited and that is my challenge right now.

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy to hear that you're working on features that would bypass these minimum buy/sale conditions under certain circumstances, but am I out of line to suggest a feature that would allow users to completely ignore the minimum buy/sale figures and force the bot to send signals based only on the indicators?

I've been frustrated the past few days because the market is moving so fast, so each time I have a sale I get stuck and left behind the market. This has required me to check on the bot's progress constantly, because each time the market moves and the bot becomes "stuck", I'm losing out on potential earnings. It seems that if I could just turn off the minimum buy/sale figures, I might take a few losses here and there, but I would keep up with the market with no troubles and sleep much easier at night  Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:38:17 PM

Here is something odd I noticed while trying to get the bot to make a trade (which it seems to not make trades when all the parms say it should)  Also noticing that the update interval is not always refreshing?

Anyway on this first pic the target sell amount changes from 4.16 to 4.37 in the second pic the only think I did was look at the benchmark and close out the 4.37 was value from before I changed the last  buy price to try and kick off a trade anyway that change was made many minutes before and was updated in the target sell amount long ago?

enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:44:43 PM

Why no trade  occurring here many sell indicators on the trade bot signal graph and well over the target sell price but not trade?Huh?

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:02:34 PM

You better be trolling!

LOL ur completely blind to what others are saying and your statement is part of the answer yes its a % of the trade amount therefor smaller trade amount is smaller Fee amount requiring smaller movement in the market before a trade is made, WTF so smart but yet so blind...

Wow, so you are not trolling? Okay... Example:

A = 10 BTC @ 300 USD
VS
B = 1 BTC @ 300 USD

.5 trading fee:
A = 15 USD FEE
B = 1.5 USD FEE

BTC Price moves to 301.5:
A = 3015 USD (Fee Paid)
B = 301.5 USD (Fee Paid)

Would you look at that, they both need the exact same move in the market in order to be profitable...

Now please get of your high horse and accept when other people are right and you are wrong...

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:11:19 PM

Why no trade  occurring here many sell indicators on the trade bot signal graph and well over the target sell price but not trade?Huh?

At version 0.9.0.1 there is a bug inside the field that is show the amount of sell signals. That field is showing the buy signals.

Looking to the logic the software must be sending a sell signal. When the order is accepted and verified then the coin position should change.

In this case there is something else wrong, can you post the debug logbook?

Edit:
I will be releasing the new version 0.9.0.2 tomorrow. (sorry for the delay, but its is worth it) Wink

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:14:03 PM

You better be trolling!

A = 10 BTC @ 300 USD
VS
B = 1 BTC @ 300 USD

.5 trading fee:
A = 15 USD FEE
B = 1.5 USD FEE

A = 3015 USD (Fee Paid)
B = 301.5 USD (Fee Paid)

Would you look at that, they both need the exact same move in the market in order to be profitable...

Now please get of your high horse and accept when other people are right and you are wrong...

That is funny! Wow you said nothing?

I guess your saying ( Fee Paid) means anything?

so if your saying u sold at 301.5 then

A = 15 USD  FEE and would require 15 USD move in market before profits

B = 1.5 USD FEE and would require 1.5 dollar move in the market
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:17:02 PM

You better be trolling!

A = 10 BTC @ 300 USD
VS
B = 1 BTC @ 300 USD

.5 trading fee:
A = 15 USD FEE
B = 1.5 USD FEE

A = 3015 USD (Fee Paid)
B = 301.5 USD (Fee Paid)

Like I said, I have learned not to argue with them lol.  Math _is_ a bully, and a bitch.  It will win every time.  Wink

enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

Why no trade  occurring here many sell indicators on the trade bot signal graph and well over the target sell price but not trade?Huh?

At version 0.9.0.1 there is a bug inside the field that is show the amount of sell signals. That field is showing the buy signals.

Looking to the logic the software must be sending a sell signal. When the order is accepted and verified then the coin position should change.

In this case there is something else wrong, can you post the debug logbook?

Edit:
I will be releasing the new version 0.9.0.2 tomorrow. (sorry for the delay, but its is worth it) Wink

Dont understand your first sentence?

When I look at the third tab to right tradelog/tradebot signals/debug log the debug log shows repeated Sell signals sent. I checked no open orders, have usd and ltc on account...

enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:22:54 PM

miaoux, his assertion is a common one among kids that believe bots can somehow create trading.  Even the busiest exchanges can go hours without enough movement to create a profit margin for a single trade.  It is a similar argument to "many small trades cost less in fees then one large trade of equal value".

You better be trolling!

A = 10 BTC @ 300 USD
VS
B = 1 BTC @ 300 USD

.5 trading fee:
A = 15 USD FEE
B = 1.5 USD FEE

A = 3015 USD (Fee Paid)
B = 301.5 USD (Fee Paid)

Like I said, I have learned not to argue with them lol.  Math _is_ a bully, and a bitch.  It will win every time.  Wink

Well your not to damn smart if you can not be clear than that nothing there wide open bullshit really begining to think your some kind of 1984 bulshit spreading troll to confuse others
miaoux

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:39:39 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 05:50:28 PM by miaoux

Name calling is a little childish - if you need help and advice, ask politely. If you are certain you're right, why don't you write down the math so specifics can be examined and you find out where you're right/wrong.

Edit: I upgrade my PC ram from 1Gb to 4Gb (thought maybe nonce issue could be a performance thing). Replicable fail each time when I click on "Benchmark".  If I leave it, normally it's fine, but I've noticed that after some thousand ticks sometimes both buy AND sell signals are registering at the same time in the Trade-bot signals tab.  It's at this point that I need to restart the bot.

Other than that, indicator wise ... it's hard to test without historic data or the ability to use the bot to benchmark... hah.

@Stephan224 Is it possible to have a log generated while it's in beta so we can refer to what actions historically we & the bot have taken? It might help with debugging... even if the log is encrypted so only you can read it...
enki74

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:42:21 PM

Name calling is a little childish - if you need help and advice, ask politely. If you are certain you're right, why don't you write down the math so specifics can be examined and you find out where you're right/wrong.

Dripping sarcasm and superior attitude is also childish but seems to be ok if your on the "in" math clique. 
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 05:47:36 PM

Dripping sarcasm and superior attitude is also childish but seems to be ok if your on the "in" math clique. 

Sooner of later then seem to seep into every forum.  Thank god for the "Ignore" button.  <click>

Cheesy

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:48:14 PM

I understand all sides are passionate about their positions in this debate, but can we please move this discussion about market movement/trade fees offline please? It's creating a lot of noise and making it difficult to filter out the informative posts relating to the Simple Trade Bot. Thank you!

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
miaoux

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:51:13 PM

Sooner of later then seem to seep into every forum.  Thank god for the "Ignore" button.  <click>

Cheesy

OMg. An ignore button! I didn't even realise it was there Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: