Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:44:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416454 times)
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:53:08 PM

@alexuk:
1) The settings are saved automaticly when you shut down the software.

2) Historical data is coming up, i am working on reading a API which provide the data and of couse the will become availible in the benchmark.

3) This program has been build using WinForms, but i am working on the feezing issue. It will be solved when i am done with the new (final) interface.

4) The minimum drop and raise are locked and they do show the marketmovement required to overcome the fee costs. I have locked those fields becuase a lot of people did not understand them. You can bypass this safety using the advanced settings or you could expand this functionality with a price change indicator. That specififc indicator will do the same as the minimum raise and drop did before.

@kalross:
Thats a very good suggestion, i will give it a try. Thanks!

@miaoux:
If you would contact me per PM and explain exactly what you want then i could have a look and maybe speed up the process. I have some good contacts over there, most of them because of the trade bot. But you might get the picture here.

@Mevius:
I am not sure what you are trying to say with the screenshot and the question about updates.

@BTC Vinny:
Thanks for your positive comment.

These are some basic strategies: (i am not sure if i posted them before)
---------------------

Simple & fast strategy
- Set the time interval to something like 1, 2 or 5 minutes
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Drop-loss price at 95% of the current price
- Add one RSI indicator at default settings.
- Setup your trade amount and coin position and press activate.

or

Simple & changing* strategy
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Add one price change indicator and setup this indicator according to the currency price changes.*

* ) You can adjust the buy at and sell at amount to a raising or dropping currency (think! Wink )

or

Long term trading
- Set the time interval to something like 2, 5 or 10 minutes
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Open the advanced settings, disable the fee-overcome safety (warning this could give some unprofitable trades, that is normal it will compensate in time)
- Open the advanced settings, set the drop-loss-price adjustment to 5x your interval time and adjust to something like 97% oft he current buy price.
- Add one MACD or MACD-MA indicator at default settings.

or

Long term & little more risk
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Open the advanced settings, disable the fee-overcome safety (warning this could give some unprofitable trades, that is normal it will compensate in time)

or

There are to much combinations possible to list. These are just some basic strategies. But you can combine indicators to, like a RSI with a RSI, like a RSI with a MACD or MACD-MA or like a ROC and RSI or like .....

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
albinosincave

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:18:38 PM

i wish to purchase please is price updated?
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:27:21 PM

Curious also since BTC has doubled since the price drop last week.
BTC Vinny

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:06:57 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 09:00:58 PM by BTC Vinny

@BTC Vinny:
Thanks for your positive comment.

These are some basic strategies: (i am not sure if i posted them before)
---------------------

Simple & fast strategy
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Add one RSI indicator at default settings.

or

Simple & changing* strategy
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Add one price change indicator and setup this indicator according to the currency price changes.*

* ) You can adjust the buy at and sell at amount to a raising or dropping currency (think! Wink )

or

Long term trading
- Last buy and sell at 0
- Open the advanced settings, set the drop-loss-price adjustment to 5x your interval time and adjust to something like 97% oft he current buy price.

or

Long term & little more risk
- Last buy and sell at 0

or

There are to much combinations possible to list. These are just some basic strategies. But you can combine indicators to, like a RSI with a RSI, like a RSI with a MACD or MACD-MA or like a ROC and RSI or like .....

Thanks!  That did the trick.  I had 3 and sometimes 4 indicators working at the same time and I think that may have hampered the Bot.   Made another $60 last night while I slept! (had to account for trade fees)

Another thing I noticed - Sometimes I'll put the ROC indicator on and it will trade quite a bit.  Then it will stall for a few hours.  When that happens, I switch to the MACD-MA and it starts trading again.... and vice versa.
kalross

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:50:31 PM

Bot thinks there are open orders so wont buy Huh

There are of course no open orders.

madpoet

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:51:59 PM

So reset everything and put your Coins position to Sold.

I'm having a hard time actually making any money though Smiley
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:24:46 AM

it takes a while to find the right settings but you can do it. Use the benchmark and or really small ammounts to test your algo settings.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

madpoet

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:27:21 AM

So the benchmark... it relies on you having the bot running for a while to gather the data to benchmark against right?  Just making sure I am seeing it right.
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:31:35 AM

Go to haasonline.com and download the currency files
CTF files (Currency Track Files)
http://www.haasonline.com/how-to-increase-profits-part-1/

they are a month or two old but will still show you what the bot can do .
set an indicator and go to the benchmark seciton and load the file, then you can check the bot signal and indicator and see what it would do.
Or keep the bot on for a while with the trade box unchecked. then save your own currency track file, I think that should work too.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

madpoet

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:39:54 AM

Awesome yes I was running the data without it enabled but it takes a while to generate enough data on my own.
miaoux

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:16:25 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 07:35:16 AM by miaoux

@stephan224 - left you a PM, thanks!  Hope you can find the right person to talk to, I've been without the USD for a week!

-- additional
With your examples - (simple & changing) for crash protection, if I use the ROC indicator, would I set buy at a lowish level, and sell at a greater minus?  The field descriptions aren't clear... they seem to imply the opposite of what's written in the "Technical Indicators -> Indicators" box.

baros008

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:58:09 AM

Yesterday I tried to manually buy some BTC, this is result:

Few seconds later same transaction was sent to BitStamp without problems and id was returned:

Even when trade is not really accepted by exchange, Simple Trade Bot thinks that it was accepted and changes it's position.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, so this is not usable for real trading.
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:24:16 PM

hello
it is my first post on this subject and after 48h use of software. After some minor beginning problems solved activating 2 º Bot as suggested and do some trades I have a good opinion of this program.
However I still doing some testing on drop-loss  and  today I got a fall on Bitstamp great enough to activate it but sell order was not finished
My question ( because I don’t have found something in this thread) is how software handle is own open orders: When conditions are meet the bot does sell command ( as intended ) but what if due lag or something similar order is not finished? They will try again at lower price? If not can you add this feature to program?

Regards

@Stephan: Bot will retry open orders?

Sugestion: Special configuration for bot to use it only for drop loss for current BTC value in wallet:
*Rolling drop-loss value ( calculate it every minute and not every 300 seconds )  and optionally configurable time confirm drop loss situation ( until 2 minutes )
*safeguard: if in drop-loss mode sell order became an open order after in 1-2 minute clear it and retry again at current price level
Regards

One more question ( i think after given sugestions is important to know ): Price change indicator shouldn't restart after a buy/sell cycle? I programed it " buy at drop -15 sell at profit 5 " and get this:

Trade type    Buy price   Sell Price  last buy price
Sell                              1029,80    1011,90
Buy              1029,60

Bot shouldn't wait a fall at least of 15 befor do a Purchase ?
kalross

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:18:06 AM

Bot thinks there are open orders so wont buy Huh

There are of course no open orders.

Bot still getting stuck thinking there are open orders.  Only uninstall/reinstall fixes it here.
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:42:13 AM

These last days I've been spotting a room for improvement when it comes to MACD. I don't know if this is very financial as I'm not really deep into stocks, but I believe it would improve overall behaviour and that it makes sense.

Take for example this MACD right out of my bot:

https://i.imgur.com/HGLqMEq.jpg?1

I have highlighted what I would call 'Phantom signals'. That is, places where there is either a sell/buy signal that only lasts 1 cycle, and that eventually cause the bot to sell/buy when in reality it's not certain where the market is heading. What I would like to suggest is to have a configurable amount of 'consecutive' signals that you want to require before the bot takes the final sell/buy decision. I can't guarantee this results in more profit, but I have the feeling it might have. And if it's optional, it would just be an extra thing we could try, and the default would remain like it is. I believe the bot has done some poor decisions at times because of this, you only need to look at the last one I have highlighted, that's 5 diferent buy/sell decisions so it's clear that with that data we can't really make a buy/sell decision.

Also, did you read my previous suggestion?

I would like to suggest Stephan to turn that option (ignore raise/drop safety) into 2, separate ones, one for Buy and one for Sell. That would allow to ignore only one of the 2 safeties, in my case the one I want to ignore is the buy safety, and then the bot would always try to make profit. If the market reversed strongly, the stop-loss function could work in conjunction and prevent losses.

This would prevent having to find 'the perfect' settings with ignored safeties like right now, because honestly, I am quite not succeeding, and I tried a fair amount of combinations  Tongue
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:35:55 AM

@madpoet:
Please keep an close eye on the interval you use. The CTF files are based on 20second intervals, you can not bench strategies based on a larger interval on those files. It will give you some very wrong results.

@baros008:
This error message is most likely related to starting the software more then once. This is not supported.

@bx8389:
The Price Change Indicator looks to your coin position and your last buy or sell price. If you coin position it bought and the last buy price it X and you have set Y then the bot indicator will wait for X+Y in the currency.

I am not able to explain the number you have posted. They do not follow the logic of the indicator as far as i ca see.

@kalross:
I was not able to reproduce it, but theoretical case that could lead to your problem. To solve it i made some adjustments for the next release that will make sure that: orders are verified at the exchange and at a restart of the software all open orders of all trade-bots will be deleted. This should at least solve the follwoing up problems you have.

@CryptoMaster:
The MACD is based on 2 moving averages. When a currency becomes more of less stable for a while the moving averages will cross to many times and this could lead to overbuying and overselling. This is what is happening in your chart.

Of course there is no way to predict if the currency will become stable, but there are other things you could do. One of those thing is combine a MACD with a RSI* for example, this will improve the momentum of the trade and it will prevent the possible overbuying and overselling. (i hope you saved the data so you can try this in a benchmark)

The alternative is to use the MACD-MA. The MACD-MA is the traditional MACD but i called it differently. The MACD-MA does not use the moving averages, instead it uses the difference them (the MACD) and it generates a signal line. This signal line is based upon the MACD outcomes. When the signalline and MACD cross the MACD-MA will give the buy/sell signal. Personally i combine this indicator most of the time with the RSI* indicator too for the momentums.

BTW I read your suggestion, but i am looking of a MA for the drop-loss is better right now.

* ) The RSI indicator is an example because of its rapid responce, but you could use the ROC too. Or tomorrow you will be able to replace the RSI with an Stochastic Oscillator. (thats one of the 2 new indicators coming tomorrow)

@all:
I have made contact with somebody willing to write a better help (in English). As you all may have noticed, i am not a writer. We are now working together looking if we can write a Wiki.

I am planning on a new release tomorrow (december the 1st), i have made the following changes to this new release:

- Changed: BTCe API - The currency Trc/Btc is removed.
- Changed: BTCe API - The currency Ltc/Eur is added.
- New: A new indicator has been added, called a Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO)
- New: A new indicator has been added, called a Stochastic indicator
- New: A advanced setting is added, this time to reset the last buy and sell prices.
- New: The "Buy now" and "Sell now" buttons, they allow you to force a trade.
- Improvement: The indicators in the list will now have colors showing there signal state.
- Improvement: Some changes where made to the trade-engine to ensure a trade is made. (or display a error)

Next will be:
- Loading historical data from BitcoinCharts for the benchmark.
- Multi-language support (i am almost done, sorry for all the delays)

Are there any laste minute requests that i could implement?
(beside te issues some users still have with BTCChina of course)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:04:12 PM

Yes , i think a easy one as sems been active in earlier versions: more one or 2 bot or possibilty to have 2 program instances
working
A configurable % in drop loss parameters ( example 30% )  below that to bot should restart (ex if actived at 1000 will wait for 700 to restart )

Thank you
kalross

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:59:29 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 01:50:32 PM by kalross

Don't forge the reset open order feature :-)

Also...I notice that when the buy price is much higher than the sell price...the bot will still buy at the high price and that may be artificial in terms of the currency move.  Buy orders placed above the Sell price but not as high as the Buy price may be preferred.  I've been burned by this a few times.
MBTY

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:24:03 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 06:32:24 PM by MBTY

Stephan224
Please add option "Trade for a fixed amount of USD" (i hope google translate work well)
Why this two graphs are so different? I thought benchmark and real-trade graphs would be same.
http://savepic.org/4766487m.png
kalross

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:24:37 PM

Would be great to have a readout of current percentage profit and loss on screen also....just a thought :-)  Would add to the excitement/disappointment :-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: