Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:16:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416454 times)
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 07:51:34 PM

A free update will become available for the current registered users. I need time to set this up.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

Update:
The 4th option is the same as the first option.

If you choose option 1, stay at the STBot then i will send you a update somewhere in the coming weeks. The update contains the new software. BUT it will be totally cut back to the functionality of the current Simple Trade Bot and the promises i have made. This way i keep my word on the update & changes.

I guess i am in luck i did not told to much before...

The new website will be online in a few hours, the first bulk of coupons have been send. Thank you very much!

I admit I saw your reply yesterday and thought "Maybe he's going to make things right..." and now you come up with this.

When we purchased the bot there was a simple premise "You get support and updates for the price you have paid." as it says in this topic. On your site it also says:

"The crypto coins are changing almost every week, coins come and go and exchanges sometimes change there API. To keep up with those changes the software will be updated on each change. All registered users will be updated as soon as there in a update availible."

Updates, my friend, mean that if you decide to launch version 3 of this bot, that's an update. It doesn't mean 'cutting back all the new features from the new version back into the old one'. So no, this new proposal does not keep your word and claims about the bot that you have made in these forums (quoted by Istie) and in your website.

i have a huge suprice in store for all the Simple Bot users. There will be a update, an update you have never seen before. Some of you know what i did before when we went from v0.8 to v0.9. Well this is what you can expect. I will not disclose more hits about this. But it will be big.

Secondly, i will give all the existing users of the Simple Trade Bot a huge update. [...]

For example, you called this an 'update'. See where I'm going? Yes, you promised updates for the price we paid as I quoted above. Now it seems it's more like 'updates are not included for the price we paid'.

Then you went onto the 'symbolic quantity':

It seems i was i little unclear about the offer. Let me first ensure you there is nothing to worry about, i will not ask you to buy the software again. From the beginning i promissed everybody will get updates and they are free of charge. This stays the same, its my power and i will stick behind it. However i was only talking about an offer in ways of a symbolic payment. So this is in the ranges of 1 euro or 1 dollar. The only reason why i must ask this is because of registration, no more no less. Its a side effect from my part of going legal with this software*.

And now it does seem like:

A) We don't get updates in the price we paid

B) You will ask us to buy the software again. Asking 40$ sounds like that.

I hope you really reconsider this more intensely than you have seemingly done since yesterday. You might get new customers, but annoying your current customers is surely not the best way to go if you want to ensure the future success of your new project.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:53:29 PM

A free update will become available for the current registered users. I need time to set this up.

So you're going to make a special edition for your old customers that isn't as good as the new one? Just want to be clear on this, because I'm starting to think that you have a language problem.
Jabbers

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:58:37 PM

Ones gotta be more careful in business then that
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 08:10:20 PM

So you're going to make a special edition for your old customers that isn't as good as the new one? Just want to be clear on this, because I'm starting to think that you have a language problem.

No not a special edition, a free update to the 3th generation. Including all the things listed on the website.

But i will look for a way to reward the people who are willing to renew there license.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Jabbers

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:12:55 PM

He wants to make more money.  He needs to find a better way of doing that.  Maybe if he charged a monthly fee for connecting to his server to get price history data updates would be good

He makes revenue per user per month plus sales on each new purchase of software; we get a better program with option for instant historical price data.  There would be two licenses.  One is for purchasing and one would be Data Subscriber.

Just tryin to think on this
papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:14:11 PM

Stephan,

i asked for a coupon for the new version where i can pay the difference as i remember to have read it would be 0.05BTC for the option 2. I want to have option 2 because i understand to pay for server support.As well you said it is an special offer for old customer until end of the month.

Of course i expect to have the old version updated to a useful state like API's and trading pairs. as well as the ROC issues.

Pls. deliver.

Thx.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jabbers

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

He wants to make more money.  He needs to find a better way of doing that.  Maybe if he charged a monthly fee for connecting to his server to get price history data updates would be good

He makes revenue per user per month plus sales on each new purchase of software; we get a better program with option for instant historical price data.  There would be two licenses.  One is for purchasing and one would be Data Subscriber.

Just tryin to think on this

Further thoughts on this.  I'm liking this option a lot. 
CADguy

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

re-negotiating terms in such a dishonest way is what pushes current customers to dislike the software publisher and to start putting effort into hacks/torrents of the software... just sayin, if you want honest customers youre going to have to be honest too
RodCR

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:35:52 PM

I can understand the desire to charge for the upgrade to cover the costs of you starting a legitimate business, but this seems to have gotten out of hand.  I have a personal e-mail from you encouraging me to buy the Simple Trade Bot before January so I could catch the lower price before the free upgrade.  I did just that, but now with this "upgrade fee" it will end up costing exactly the same as if I had just waited.  All in all, I'm not really losing out, but you need to look at it from a start-up business perspective.  Your initial customers are the ones you need to be catering to right now.  The ones who worked with the old version are the ones who will be going around talking about how great the update is, and how great the support from your company was.

I'm not trying to bash you... I'm just trying to give some advice.  Look at it this way, if you were promised by a store that you could buy the 2013 model of a computer and a guaranteed free upgrade to the 2014 model, wouldn't you be pissed if they told you that you were now required to pay 10% of what you already paid?  The numbers may seem small, but it's the idea behind it all.

Maybe you should consider dropping everything down a tier.  Everyone who bought the bot prior to the upgrade is simply required to give a "donation" of any amount over ~$1.  These people could also opt into an upgrade for the advanced version for whatever price you set.  Anyone who hasn't bought the bot yet will be required to pay full price for whatever tier they're opting into.

Edit: I just took a look at the new website and noticed that these are 1-year licenses that you're selling.  Is that also the case for the prior customers?  Does that mean that we're paying .05BTC for use of the upgrade for one year, or are previous customers locked in for life?
subhead

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:37:31 PM

Option 2. Renew your license, get a copy of the Haasonline Trade Server, Simple license and enjoy 3 trade-bots instead of 2. This will cost 0.05 BTC.

Sorry but this is not what you had said before. You mentioned it would be an irrelevant amount just to go legal, you even mentioned something like 1€ if I remember correctly (I don't feel like going back in the posts to check). Now however it's around 40$. That's not quite the same that you had previously mentioned.

I also have a company and you can make the invoices for 1 cent, if you want to. So I find no real justification for that price, at least go openly and say 'I want to make profit in this update' and then I will still be pissed but at least it will be closer to the truth. Sorry if I sound harsh, I just feel like you have told us one thing and done another.

Option 1. You can stay at the Simple Trade Bot. I will keep it updated and running. This cost nothing. (only difference: you can not login, support & download goes by mail)

I assume in this option we will not get any of the new features, so is it hardly an option?

Hi Stephan,

I'm confused as well  Huh
Looks like we suddenly have to buy the huge update, this is not what you promised before.
I did go back in the posts and pasted some snippets of you.

i have a huge suprice in store for all the Simple Bot users. There will be a update, an update you have never seen before. Some of you know what i did before when we went from v0.8 to v0.9. Well this is what you can expect. I will not disclose more hits about this. But it will be big.

Secondly, i will give all the existing users of the Simple Trade Bot a huge update. I will be introducing lots new features and things to improve the trading in overall. Due this huge update i need to go up a little bit in price for the Simple Trade Bot. So new people who come in and after January 2014 will need to pay more for the same software. (Sorry, but it will be worth it. Take my word in that)

Please do not worry about a update because i will give every Simple Trade Bot user a update in January. For the advanced bot i will offer a discounted price fore the people how already own the simple bot.

It seems i was i little unclear about the offer. Let me first ensure you there is nothing to worry about, i will not ask you to buy the software again. From the beginning i promissed everybody will get updates and they are free of charge. This stays the same, its my power and i will stick behind it. However i was only talking about an offer in ways of a symbolic payment. So this is in the ranges of 1 euro or 1 dollar. The only reason why i must ask this is because of registration, no more no less. Its a side effect from my part of going legal with this software*.

Sorry, did you just tell us all to fuck off? You'll send an upgrade that will limit the functionality of the software we already paid for, that has never been more than a beta?? Because you have been promising this whole time to give us an upgrade to the fancy new version when it comes out ??

Are you serious?

This 100%!

Sorry, did you just tell us all to fuck off? You'll send an upgrade that will limit the functionality of the software we already paid for, that has never been more than a beta?? Because you have been promising this whole time to give us an upgrade to the fancy new version when it comes out ??

Are you serious?

No of course not, but i will guard a balance yes. That does not mean there are no improvements of course. I am talking about a functional level here, technical all improvement remain in place of course. What else did you thought? Keeping the promise is keeping the promise, didn`t i wrote that?

í´m a customer stephan and i feel really fucked right now. You told us all the time we should wait for all our feature requests (that we have made) for the new version. you also promised alot of new features for us, the early adopters of your software and of course now of your company. Now we should pay and not so small amount again for promises you did before?

i´m really disappointed from you stephan.

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
subhead

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:40:33 PM

I can understand the desire to charge for the upgrade to cover the costs of you starting a legitimate business, but this seems to have gotten out of hand.  I have a personal e-mail from you encouraging me to buy the Simple Trade Bot before January so I could catch the lower price before the free upgrade.  I did just that, but now with this "upgrade fee" it will end up costing exactly the same as if I had just waited.  All in all, I'm not really losing out, but you need to look at it from a start-up business perspective.  Your initial customers are the ones you need to be catering to right now.  The ones who worked with the old version are the ones who will be going around talking about how great the update is, and how great the support from your company was.

I'm not trying to bash you... I'm just trying to give some advice.  Look at it this way, if you were promised by a store that you could buy the 2013 model of a computer and a guaranteed free upgrade to the 2014 model, wouldn't you be pissed if they told you that you were now required to pay 10% of what you already paid?  The numbers may seem small, but it's the idea behind it all.

Maybe you should consider dropping everything down a tier.  Everyone who bought the bot prior to the upgrade is simply required to give a "donation" of any amount over ~$1.  These people could also opt into an upgrade for the advanced version for whatever price you set.  Anyone who hasn't bought the bot yet will be required to pay full price for whatever tier they're opting into.

Edit: I just took a look at the new website and noticed that these are 1-year licenses that you're selling.  Is that also the case for the prior customers?  Does that mean that we're paying .05BTC for use of the upgrade for one year, or are previous customers locked in for life?

stephan told me that also in an private skype support coversation mid december. im so pissed right now.

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 11:16:53 PM

Please stop the complains now, you all have made your point very clear and i admit to it.

I am making a license to help the people who do not want to renew (or update) there license.

See here the proof:
https://www.haasbot.com/shop/simple-trade-bot-donation/

Now.. please stop complaining because there is nothing left to complain about.

pennybreaker

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:18:48 PM

Stephan,

I'm new here but I am a customer of yours who paid in full and I've been following this thread for about 7 weeks. I like Simple Trade Bot but I have considered it a very unfinished product since the day I paid for it. I received your email offer today and I feel offended by it. You have clearly promised to treat your existing customers better in past posts and emails.

I've worked in software integration and QA for years. You can trust me when I say I understand how difficult it can be to put out new software releases on time and as promised. That being said, pissing off your original customers is a terrible idea. Especially on your first day of business as a real company! If the software is as good as you claim, you're going to have tons of new customers lining up to pay you full price for it. Bitcoin is booming and lots of new traders are coming out of the woodwork to get involved. Don't forget that this is a self regulating free market where your reputation matters a lot ... more so than your product, I would venture to say. Is a ton of angry posts from original customers really what you want on your first day of business? Do you want the word 'boycott' even running through my head today? Do you want to run the risk of someone posting a scam alert thread?

Look, I like your bot and I believe it has a real future but you're not going to make it very far doing business this way. I realize you have overhead to pay for but that money will come it due time if you trust this community. We, after all, have been putting a lot of trust in you.

I hope you reconsider your offer. Thanks for your time.
subhead

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:23:53 PM

Please stop the complains now, you all have made your point very clear and i admit to it.

I am making a license to help the people who do not want to renew (or update) there license.

See here the proof:

first of all i dont like to get said to STFU. please step a bit down. we just measuring you on your words earlier.

what contains these "donation" license exactly? sorry for asking these maybe dumb questions but after this situation i want to hear the full facts first before giving you any money.

cheers,
subhead

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 11:29:27 PM

See here the proof:

first of all i dont like to get said to STFU. please step a bit down. we just measuring you on your words earlier.

what contains these "donation" license exactly? sorry for asking these maybe dumb questions but after this situation i want to hear the full facts first before giving you any money.

cheers,
subhead

The previous licenses where sold as donation and beta. Therefore i have chosen that name, i need to make a separation.

subhead

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

See here the proof:

cheers,
subhead

The previous licenses where sold as donation and beta. Therefore i have chosen that name, i need to make a separation.

thanks for clarification.

Jabbers

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:16:18 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 12:43:57 AM by Jabbers

Does the info on the new update auto-update ?  Do I have to refresh my browser every min?

does anything dynamically updates its info?  Charts, prices, info?  I have to refresh stuff?

Where is the benchmark features?  Can't find them.  I have no wish to trade blindly.
Sam0883

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:36:35 AM

How easy is it to configure this bot for Alt Currency's ?
Jabbers

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

Holy shitz Steph went off line on his big day when all of his users have questions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: