Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:42:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416454 times)
KeeperXY

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:06:06 AM

I have not had good trades with "overcome fee costs" but rather with "Procent price change -Insurance (Wanted raise: 1,0 %, Wanted drop: 1,0 %)" Two trades at 0.2% each is 0.4% so a 1% change should cover that. I know that is not exactly an exact calculation but so far it is working.

I've added a RSI Indicator with no ensurance. It makes some trades where i lost a bit, but on the oter side i win even more.
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 12:09:58 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 12:21:58 PM by Stephan224

Intresting.  I've got lots of thoughts on what I would love to see, but this one gave me a surprise. Grin

Whats the ETA on the benchtool?

The concept is running at the moment, and i will continue full development on it starting from monday after the release. If it goes well it should be in the update after monday. (aka the next monday)

You are indeed right, there are many ways how the benchmarking can be worked out. But its complex, really complex because of the inter-market signals, separate buy and sell signals and different timings of the indicators.

BTW We do have more suprices in store for everybody, but one step at the time. Wink

Stephan could you please implement a fee calculation method using just the % trading fees and not the trade amount - maybe as an alternate option to the current implementation?

I'm surprised no one else has noticed this - I had the bot run and make unprofitable trades solely due to the incorrect trade fee calculation. It bought low and sold high, but not sufficiently so to overcome the fees.

--

As a suggestion regarding the indicators, it would be useful to be able to send signals when indicators *finish* indicating a buy/sell position. For example when RSI *finishes* indicating overbought it is often a good time to buy.

Thanks

Yes sure we can add that, no problem.

About the indicators.... i understand you have assigned an single RSI indicator, and yes as soon as the threshold is found a signal will be produced. But you can delay this signal in 2 ways. First you can set 80/20 instead of 30/70 to delay the signal or you can add an additional indicator to delay the signal too. Both methods will result in a later trade momentum, the thing you want to make possible.

I do have some documentation available here:
https://www.haasbot.com/indicator-rsi/

Scroll down on the page for some suggestions about the RSI strategies.

------------------------

Edit:
This is what i am looking at right now: (and whats monday coming at the update)

Please note there is 1 coin missing here, and that is the 42-coin. That specific coin is giving problems because of the name, i am not really sure if this can be solved.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
trubar

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

BUG:

when i wanna change coin position i get error: Something went wrong. Exception message: API command incomplete. amount is not a decimal.
joee

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:17:44 PM

BUG:

when i wanna change coin position i get error: Something went wrong. Exception message: API command incomplete. amount is not a decimal.

I experienced that as well. Somehow in the interface the decimal is presented as a comma instead of a point, so you can "work around" that by changing the trade-amount to 'X.x' instead of 'X,x' before clicking the save-button. At least that worked for me.
SmokedMolex

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:14:11 PM

I setup an LTC trade bot but I don't understand the Bought/Sold arguments.

If I say 1 LTC it only trades with 1 LTC?

How does it not touch the USD?

I tried this several times and ended up selling all 4 LTC to USD.  How does the bot know how much USD use to purchase LTC?

Also since it can only do ONE BTCe account, not unlimited like the website says before you buy it. How do I manage to get the BTC bot and LTC not to use up all the money in the account for one or the other?

This should be explained in some kind of documentation.

Other than this, it made $0.03 USD.  Profitable? Sure. Worth the hassle?  Not really.

Extremely Frustrated about ZERO documentation on this software.  Meanwhile Stephan told me to read 60+ pages of BTCtalk to get up to speed. Really?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:35:57 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 11:47:22 PM by Stephan224

@SmokedMolex:
I fully agree with you on the documentation part. At the moment i can only say i am very sorry and offer the things i already have written.

Based on the reported $0.03 USD i really suggest you review the 2 indicator pages i have written. Because you can do much better then $0.03 USD.

https://www.haasbot.com/trade-server-help/

Let me show it also directly by the post below, because i just wanted to show something here.

------------------------

@All:

This are 3 new buttons which you will find on the "Edit indicator" -page (monday after the update). The buttons will allow to do a very small benchmark/backtest of your indicator.

It does what the button says it does. So if you press one of the 3 buttons then you will see the last 30, 60 or 120 prices will be added and shown on the charts.

The good thing is, your settings of the indicator will be used. So you can run several "tests" to see what the effect of your changes is.

BTW If somebody is interested... i tested a basic RSI-30 indicator here for the past 120min. The market prices chart is not shows here, but the test results are:

22:00 Buy for 791.28 Usd
23:53 Sell at 797.85 Usd

Proof can be fond here: http://www.haasbot.com/wp-content/uploads/testindicator21.png

(created a few minutes ago on BTCe @ BtcUsd)

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
SmokedMolex

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:49:40 AM

Please answer my question.

We can understand English, Flemish, Dutch, German, French and Afrikaans.

Thanks
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:25:20 AM

Alright, here we go...

I setup an LTC trade bot but I don't understand the Bought/Sold arguments.
If your are on Ltc/Usd that thats equal to Bought/Sold. If you own Ltc then you invested, aka bought the coins. If you are on Usd then you did not invest, aka Sold.

If I say 1 LTC it only trades with 1 LTC?
Yes

How does it not touch the USD?
You need to buy and sell so USD is being used.

I tried this several times and ended up selling all 4 LTC to USD.  How does the bot know how much USD use to purchase LTC?
If the bot is setup to use/invest only 1 LTC that is will do exactly that. So is all is well you the bot buys the LTC back cheaper. (to sell it later on for a higher price)

Also since it can only do ONE BTCe account, not unlimited like the website says before you buy it. How do I manage to get the BTC bot and LTC not to use up all the money in the account for one or the other?
The website says unlimited trade-bots. There is nothing mentioned amount multiple accounts at one exchange. There is an difference between assumption and whats being written here. But good news... you do not need multiple accounts at one exchange. One is more then enough because the order engine is perfectly capable of handling a payload of orders at once. How this works is in described in the concept help.

And you set a fixed trade amount, why worry amount wallet management? Just make sure there is minor overhead (<1%) on your LTC side to ensure to cover some fee costs.

This should be explained in some kind of documentation.
As explained earlier.

Other than this, it made $0.03 USD.  Profitable? Sure. Worth the hassle?  Not really.
Untrue, but you will find out. I have no doubts about this.

Extremely Frustrated about ZERO documentation on this software.  Meanwhile Stephan told me to read 60+ pages of BTCtalk to get up to speed. Really?
I did not say that, i said there is a discussion ongoing here, so i suggested to have a look here to. I said there might be additional information.

I hope this answers your questions. You can also ask them directly to me. It might be easier.

Jabbers

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:55:57 AM

Thanks for the partial peek at some of the benchmarking concepts.  Smiley

One and a Half weeks  Think I can make it till then.

I've been still working on my set-up combination.  Liking the Macd-Ma over the Macd, but only when I use another indicator to limit all of its noise.
Macd with RSI , Macd with RoC.   Either of those works, but its tricky.  They are kinda like a see-saw.  When one goes into a buy state the other will go into a sold state.  Keeps you in a trade when price flatlines. 

Anyone likes these combinations?
SmokedMolex

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:12:29 AM

@Stephan

Thank you for explaining the basic settings behind Bought/Sold.  It makes sense now.

I was able to finish setting up BTCe for the evening so I can watch it.
SmokedMolex

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:03:59 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 05:23:37 PM by SmokedMolex

I see the LTC has moved up 10% from where my bot sold yesterday. The bitcoinwisdom MACD is up on all time frames up to one hour.  But the bot hasn't done anything about it but say that it cannot cover the fees.

My indicator of course is the MACD and my insurance is "Cover Fees".  I gave it 4 LTC worth to trade so I can learn what is happening but I am not understanding why it didn't buy back in at the lower price.

Can someone explain why it didn't make a move or what could possibly be wrong?  Does the bot need to run for a certain amount of time to make a history of the MACD?

Thanks

EDIT: PEBKAC. I found the details on the MA indicators.  It's working very correctly!!

mdmedina07

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:42:17 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 05:06:07 PM by mdmedina07

I, like others, was running the new version and the old version at same time since the new seemed to be lacking some features the old did well.  Last night at midnight the old stopped working, won't update from exchanges.  anyone else having this problem?

I did contact support but figured I'd check community too.
mdmedina07

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

also has anyone gotten mtgox api to run correctly on the new version? The old tradebot worked fine with the api keys but this one doesn't seem to like it.  Waiting on stupid verification so i can take my btc out and was wanting to flip some btcusd in meantime.
Jabbers

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:56:17 PM

I, like others, was running the new version and the old version at same time since the new seemed to be lacking some features the old did well.  Last night at midnight the old stopped working, won't update from exchanges.  anyone else having this problem?

Yes  this is happening to me also.  Maybe the exchanges have changed something in the API.  Simple trade bot is reading my wallet amount, but thats it.  Started sometime yesterday.  My 1000 updates are gone.  Took me 2 days of running the program Sad
subhead

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

I, like others, was running the new version and the old version at same time since the new seemed to be lacking some features the old did well.  Last night at midnight the old stopped working, won't update from exchanges.  anyone else having this problem?

Yes  this is happening to me also.  Maybe the exchanges have changed something in the API.  Simple trade bot is reading my wallet amount, but thats it.  Started sometime yesterday.  My 1000 updates are gone.  Took me 2 days of running the program Sad

same here

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:19:34 PM

here the same, was just testing the new version. figured is still to limited with no currency pairs for cryptsy, so decided to change back to old version and wait til Monday for the update. now old version only updates the wallet but no trading.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mdmedina07

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:31:28 PM

ok just wanted to confirm but I think a hard coded date was put into effect to stop all trades :| I basically have no trading or even information gathering at the moment since the new version isn't playing nice with cryptsy or mtgox.
papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

@ Stephan: will the wallet issue be fixed on Monday? My wallet for cryptsy show:Frc,Alf,Amc,Anc,Arg the trading pairs offered are different.

for the issue with the old version no doing nothing no more and the new version doing whatever. I was quiet happy with the old one dueing last week since it made some good trades with profit. However it will still be a long way to go to gain a ROI on trading with this bot.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:21:19 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 10:35:40 PM by kalross

I, like others, was running the new version and the old version at same time since the new seemed to be lacking some features the old did well.  Last night at midnight the old stopped working, won't update from exchanges.  anyone else having this problem?

Same here.  Would have been nice to get some warning before spending hours troubleshooting NET, a 2 hour chkdsk and installing a fresh windows 7 virtual machine. :-)
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:13:00 PM

I wanted to tell the STB is updated to 0.9.0.14 beta and it is availible at the following link:
http://51965471.swh.strato-hosting.eu/

For all users at option/offer 1 there is a also a free update to the donation license available.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: