Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:37:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416455 times)
Mevius

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:13:48 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 05:52:41 PM by Mevius

My experience with BTCChina.

When I enter my API-credentials in the settings windows it gives back the 401 error. When I simply click 'save settings' and open My Wallet BTCChina is synced correctly. The chart updates also and trading is possible, most of the times..

About half of the time when the sell or but trigger is hit it says in the debug log:

- Trade bot result: buy
- Order accepted with order number ##

The other half of the time (it's random afaik) is says:

- Trying to buy the coins....
- Trying to buy the coins....
And so on, 'till the trigger is no longer vailid.

So still not perfect working at all, I guess the 0% trading fee makes kinda up for it a bit Wink

*edit*
I've made a manual sell and buy before using the Trading Bot. Not sure if that's an influence.

*edit 2*
Created a new API-code, still got the same problem.

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
alexuk

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:21:52 PM

@Stephan224

Purchased your bot yesterday - working great so far!

some suggestions / questions

1) Can you tell me how i can save my bot settings? ive come up with some complicated indicators, and i want to be able to save/load it for future use / historical information as i refine it going forward

2) the "benchmark trade bot" needs a little more flexibility when loading historical data, as it takes into account the "current" drop-loss price and simply doesnt trade anything, can you expose more options there for flexibility?

3) the program stalls / freezes every time it syncs with the API's - is it possible this goes into a different thread so it doesnt stall / freeze the app?

4) i want to be able to adjust the min/max currency drop/raise, its greyed out, how can i adjust it? Do i add an indicator thats the same? which one would it be and with what settings?

Thanks!

alexuk

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:22:42 PM

@all

anyone willing to share their setups? for short / medium / long term bot trading? and their success?

post away!
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:54:06 PM

You wouldn't wanna see mine :-)
Mevius

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:27:49 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 10:38:31 PM by Mevius

I would like to report a issue

- The graphic and indicators stop drawing at some point. I don't know exactly why it happens but it usually stops between 2500-3500 updates for me... It continues to trade fine, though.

Same thing over here. It stops after ~3500 updates (@20sec.). Running Windows Server 2007 SP2

alexuk

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:38:39 PM

ah one more thing

Is there anyway that the target buy/sell price is automatically updated? its greyed out for me and i cant see to figure out how to adjust it...

Im worried that the market will readjust high/low and the bot wont make trades for ages without manual intervention ..... anyone know?
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:48:15 PM

ah one more thing

Is there anyway that the target buy/sell price is automatically updated? its greyed out for me and i cant see to figure out how to adjust it...

Im worried that the market will readjust high/low and the bot wont make trades for ages without manual intervention ..... anyone know?

The only option right now is ticking "Disable raise/drop safety" in advanced settings. The downside is the bot might decide to sell at a loss. In fact I haven't been able to find fully satisfying settings that make profit with that setting ticked, so be sure to benchmark it. Sometimes it wins a lot but it can also lose a fair amount.

And since we are speaking about it, I would like to suggest Stephan to turn that option into 2, separate ones, one for Buy and one for Sell. That would allow to ignore only one of the 2 safeties, in my case the one I want to ignore is the buy safety, and then the bot would always try to make profit. If the market reversed strongly, the stop-loss function could work in conjunction and prevent losses.

This would prevent having to find 'the perfect' settings with ignored safeties like right now, because honestly, I am quite not succeeding, and I tried a fair amount of combinations  Tongue
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:34:15 AM

I am encountering issues with BTCChina.

After a long run STB stop to correctly set price position. IE I have BTC on account but it constantly change it to sold. Even after forcefull change it to bought. Then STB make some trade (like 0.0002 trade) and set position again to sold. Now Ive restarted STB again and for now its ok.

I am not sure its a STB fault. It seems like BTCChina API have some flaws too.

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
alexuk

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:34:05 AM

ah one more thing

The only option right now is ticking "Disable raise/drop safety" in advanced settings. The downside is the bot might decide to sell at a loss. In fact I haven't been able to find fully satisfying settings that make profit with that setting ticked, so be sure to benchmark it. Sometimes it wins a lot but it can also lose a fair amount.

And since we are speaking about it, I would like to suggest Stephan to turn that option into 2, separate ones, one for Buy and one for Sell. That would allow to ignore only one of the 2 safeties, in my case the one I want to ignore is the buy safety, and then the bot would always try to make profit. If the market reversed strongly, the stop-loss function could work in conjunction and prevent losses.

This would prevent having to find 'the perfect' settings with ignored safeties like right now, because honestly, I am quite not succeeding, and I tried a fair amount of combinations  Tongue

I agree with this

when the market trends upwards, its painful to see the bot not trading at all - this is because the market will never met the "target" buy/sell ... more options should be opened up and/or a viable way of you allowing to adjust the buy/sell targets automajically...

obviously its the opposite when its a downtrend .. the bot should hold its position, and, if the market has re-established itself at a new point, there's a couple of options here

1) choose to sell up at the higher price, purchase at the lower price, and go from there (could be dangerous on multiple refactors / adjustments of the market - could loose alot of money here)

2) leave the coins purchased at the higher price, and repurchase MORE coins at the lower price, and make profits from there (interesting option, as itll wait until the market gets back to the original amount before making another purchase)

i prefer option 2... if the difference between the old and new market refactor is no more than 5% .... (if its above 5%, then i prefer option 1)

any opinions on this?

kalross

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:53:56 AM

Bot is having problems getting balances from Cryptsy now.  Maybe they've altered the API???
Mevius

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:24:18 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 07:20:17 AM by Mevius

I've got an odd thing.

When I set some indicator and I let it go 'real' a lot of the times the 'buying allowed' or 'selling allowed' buttons are not green. I've run the trading bot for 24h straight and it made only 1 buy and 1 sell trade.

I hear you say, you have your indicators wrong (my first though too). But when I click "Benchmark Trade Bot" it simulates the past 24h with my current indicator settings and the benchmark makes 8 trades (resulting in a much higher profit I might add Wink).

Is this a known problem or is it something i'm doing wrong?

*edit* I guess it does have something to do with the last buy price. Still figuring everything out.

bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:31:57 AM

@all

anyone willing to share their setups? for short / medium / long term bot trading? and their success?

post away!

After many experiments I haven't found a trading configuration good enough for me.
I think raise/drop safety is a good idea but not well implemented because depends of target price and they change in uncontroled way ( i don't know algorithm ). Probably is better to be able change any time minimum raise/drop values and colour them red when value is "risky"

So decided yesterday to use bot only for stop loss ( when asleep ) and do trading manually.
Not yet sure if works, expecting next big plunge to see...

Regards
kalross

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:59:10 PM

Anybody finding that the bot freezes every few seconds when it does its calculations?
kalross

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:16:59 PM

ah one more thing

I agree with this

when the market trends upwards, its painful to see the bot not trading at all - this is because the market will never met the "target" buy/sell ... more options should be opened up and/or a viable way of you allowing to adjust the buy/sell targets automajically...

Maybe a quick buy button to hop on those rapid up trends
Mevius

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:28:37 PM

Anybody finding that the bot freezes every few seconds when it does its calculations?
Sometimes it freezes for a couple of seconds when pressing a button. It's random afaik.

Good suggestion, I like it!

kalross

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

Watch the drop loss percentage folks....its caused me losses a few times in a quick moving market.  The settings suggested in the dialog are not ideal for all things  Shocked
Mevius

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:11:58 PM

Watch the drop loss percentage folks....its caused me losses a few times in a quick moving market.  The settings suggested in the dialog are not ideal for all things  Shocked

I got it on 450sec, 95%. Has survived all dips so far, it was a close call two days ago though. Cheesy

alexuk

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:57:37 PM

Sometimes it freezes for a couple of seconds when pressing a button. It's random afaik.

Good suggestion, I like it!

It freezes while its performing a API call to exchanges

I disagree with a buy button, i don't want manual intervention, i sleep sometimes and cant watch the bot 24/7 :-)

It needs to adjust its buy/sell thresholds auto-majically in a preprogrammed way :-)

rlhead7173

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:44:43 PM

@all

post away!

After many experiments I haven't found a trading configuration good enough for me.
I think raise/drop safety is a good idea but not well implemented because depends of target price and they change in uncontroled way ( i don't know algorithm ). Probably is better to be able change any time minimum raise/drop values and colour them red when value is "risky"

So decided yesterday to use bot only for stop loss ( when asleep ) and do trading manually.

Regards

How did you set the Drop-loss only? I am trying to set that up.

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:44:28 PM

@all

post away!

Regards

How did you set the Drop-loss only? I am trying to set that up.

I put option "All in" , position "bought" and only indicator active is "high low" - programmed to sell above 1500 usd and buy below 200 ( OK, is very optimistic...)
Not tested yet in real life, but works at benchmarks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: