Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416411 times)
acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:36:32 AM

is this really generating money or just another scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mevius

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:33:51 AM

is this really generating money or just another scam?

It's all a scam, now please move on.

Een goeie tukker is geen motherfucker!
bx8389

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:24:30 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 10:16:18 AM by bx8389

Looking to the responses, it beginning to look like i do have a secret.  Grin

If you have tested a bunch of strategies and you are still unable to make some nice profits you should look at the setting you did not change. I know this sound stupid you have maybe tested them all, but i sure there is one you did not change. It the same setting all the users share if they report low profits amounts.

The answer/secret is the update timer.

At each advice i give i always recommend a update time of at least 60seconds. Why? Well at 20seconds the response would be to fast for most of the indicators. The effect is that trades will take place to soon. (aka almost no profit)

When you use at least 60seconds the ups and downs of a currency will become more clear. The indicators will benefit from this because it detect bigger changes and this way the outcome can be calculated better too. The bigger ups and downs will also result in much more profit.

I love the way krach explained this:
The advantage of the bot is not speed, it is the lack of emotion and the lack of a crystal ball, trollbox, twitter or other influences. It only reacts to facts and that is it.

He is totally right about this.

However. If you want to trade at 20seconds, it is possible to do with the high/low and the price change indicator. Both do not need time to calculate a respond signal.

BTW At the coming big update of January 2014 i can disclose the 20seconds will be gone!

@Soak:
http://www.haasonline.com/trading-strategies/ Wink

Many thanks by explanation but many of my trials are in long term strategies, usually 3 and 5 minutes update
I will disclose the better parameters i found until now but WARNING: this behaves very badly in event of crash
Trading BTC update timer 5 minutes, disable minimum raise/drop
- macd-ma 26,48,22
- ROC (12, -0,050,0,050)
- price chage ( -10, 4 )

What i want really is to program a long term indicator ( like PPO ) to give general trend ( up or down ) and use RSI or stochastic short term indicator to "point" effective trade. With way of work for this bot is impossible because only  “lucky” ppo lines crosses in exact moment of RSI trade.
I think will be a large  improvement be able to configure some indicators ( ex ROC ) to work not on limit crossing but give a sign steady above and below limits. On MACD_MA and PPO the same - green zone or red zone: on limit i can became able to put a RSI indicator to do buys/sales on green part of PPO.
I think many of this issue and other suggestions given on this thread can be solved with possibility to add user defined functions.

Merry Christmas to all  

EABEAB

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:38:56 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 12:05:23 PM by EABEAB

Is this your bot posted on litecoin talk or a knock-off that one should be aware of ? :

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=6733.0

Also please add BitFinex.com exchange
.12% trading fees.
subhead

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:46:27 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:43:11 AM by subhead

I am happy to explain them. But i am unable to give some real examples, you need to look whats going on at that moment with the prices.

High/Low Indicator
The high/low indicator is easy... just look at a chart. Between which prices does the price goes up and down? (whats the highest and whats the lowest price?)

Lets say the average price (or the price now) is $100. When you look at the chart you see that the price was $120 (high) and $80 (low) earlier that day. Well at that moment you could add a high/low indicator with the settings at buy < $80 and sell > $120.

However, if i would set these values i would set $90 and $110. The reason is because it is not very likely the $80 and $120 will be reached the next day when the bot is active. Besides with $90 and $110 i would get more buy and sell signals making more trades and this is more profit.

Please note: If the prices goes higher or lower then the given prices the bot will stop responding.

Price change indicator
The price change indicator responds to movement of the market price and the last buy and sell prices of the trade-bot.

For example, lets say your trade-bot has bought for the last price of $100. And you have added the price indicator with $+10 and $-10. In this cause the indicator will wait for a market price of $110. (last buy price=$100, wanted change $+10= $110) Now lets say your trade-bot has sold its coins for the price of $110. Now the indicator will look for a market price of $100 again. (last sell price=$110, wanted change $-10= $100)

The given $+10 and $-10 did i get by looking at the chart. If the average price movement is about $12 or more then $10 will do fine.

Please note: Due market movement it is more likely this indicator will sell at little higher price (> $110) and buy at a little lower price (< $100).

Please note: Do NOT reset your last buy and sell prices if you use this indicator. This indicator uses the last buy and sell prices.

PPO indicator
The PPO indicator is very simulair to the MACD-MA (or MACD-Histogram) the only difference is that the PPO percentage based. So the outcome is a little different.

Setting up the PPO can be done the same way. You can use 2minutes updates, 3minutes updates and up.

@subhead:
I understand you think you miss momentum. It is true and it is not true, i will explain it; Just open any chart on the internet that shows you the prices and at least 2 moving averages. Now play with the time setting. Do you see what happens? The cross-over momentum changes. The same happens to the simple trade bot when you use a different time interval.

BTW Merry Christmas to everybody at the forum here too!

Stephan  thanks for that explanation! That makes some things a bit more clear for me.

After using this bot for some time now here are my bug/wishlist:

- When using the Buy now/Sell now button, please check for the current price. Lets say we have set up an 180sec interval and the last check has been done 30 secs ago. Now i use the Sell now button. The bot dont checks the current price and uses thewrong price he has obtained 30 secs agofor the profit calculation and last sell/buy .

- Most of the time the Show wallet button dont show my bitstamp wallet. It shows up as a blank page. But the bot can trade fine. If i try it 10 minutes late the wallets shows up without any problems.

- I need to restart my computer from time to time. such an reboot takes 30 seconds. But after that i need to wait several minutes before the bot continues to work. Could it be possible to implement a load last session feature and the bot continues with the last saved data?

- The bot provides only two bots. Now i want to play with some indicators and benchmark them. What then happens is that i need to stop one of my two bit from active trading and play with the settings. then after some time i restore my previous indicators and set the bot active again. I have lost severals minutes of trading time.Can you please add a third tab for bencgmarking stuff.

- Can you add a button for a manual price lookup. Sometimes a want to trade between two ticks and then i need to check the exchange websites for the current price.

- If you could add a tab for manual trading that would be great.

Cheers,
subhead

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
subhead

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:55:59 PM

Is this your bot posted on litecoin talk or a knock-off that one should be aware of ? :

.12% trading fees.

i think this is scam. at least its a rip off of Stephans work.

Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:35:54 PM

.12% trading fees.

i think this is scam. at least its a rip off of Stephans work.

It is not a rip-off, its the first generation i wrote and published. But it will not work anymore (time limited) and it does not contain all the security features and indicators added into the second generation. So it is totally useless. Cheesy

I will not promiss to add BitFinex on a short notice, as you maybe know i am working really hard on the big update of January. I am adding a lot of new technologies and features this this new version. I want to see how that goes first before i start adding new exchanges.

I have have a better look to all the other responces tomorrow.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
darioc

Activity: 199

https://rangersprotocol.com/

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:04:09 AM

Hi Stephan

Something went really wrong with the bot version 9.0.9, at the moment the bot is activated INMEDIATELLY starts to sell my coins.

I´ve tried to uninstall and install several times the bot but it still remains the same.
All the features are default:
1.0 ltc trade amount
0.0 last sell price
0.0 last buy price
0.0 drop-loss price
advanced settings: default
NO INDICATORS
excange website: btc-e
currency :ltc

I cannot use the bot anymore because of this.
How can I reset the bot completelly??

BENCHMARK SUMMARY
EXCHANGE INFORMATION
Reading exchange website: BTCe
Reading exchange currency: LtcUsd
Update interval (sec): 60

TRADE BOT START SETTINGS
Amount of coins to trade with: 1.0 Ltc
Coin position: Sold
Last buy price: 0.0 Usd
Last sell price: 0.0 Usd
Required fee costs each full trade cycle: 0.004 Ltc
Drop-loss price: 0.0 Usd

TRADE BOT ADVANCED SETTINGS
Skip fee-safety: False
Reset last buy/sell prices after last sell: False
Dynamic drop-loss time-out: -1 seconds.
Dynamic drop-loss price adjustment: 95.0%
Time-out on last buy/sell prices: -1 seconds.

TRADE BOT INDICATORS

TRADES MOMENTS
27/12/2013 05:59 p.m. Bought for 22.501 Usd

TRADE ENGINE CALCULATIONS
Exchange fee (%): 0.2%
Exchange fee cost per trade: 0.002 Ltc
Total exchange fee cost per cycle: 0.004 Ltc

TRADE BOT END SETTINGS
Amount of coins to trade with: 1.0 Ltc
Coin position: Bought
Last buy price: 22.501 Usd
Last sell price: 0.0 Usd
Drop-loss price: 0.0 Usd
Total earnings: 0.0 Usd

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 01:53:22 AM

You are at the default settings right now. But what do you want to setup exacty?

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Soak

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:11:28 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 11:31:08 AM by Soak

You are at the default settings right now. But what do you want to setup exacty?

Maybe he thought the same thing as me at the beginning: if the bot is capable to make trades by itself without touching to parameters but I didn't known we must set up a strategies with the indicators. Maybe him too.

Anyway I have a question: I wanted to test strategies for few days (1 week) to have a relative idea of all the cases (up trends, down trends, crashes). I see the limit is somewhat like the first 2500 periods for displaying and benchmarking?

One thing what should be great is to display the last X periods on the graph (maybe with a parameter of choice like between 0 and 2500).

Second question. I want to trade with the double RSI strategy, seems not bad on 20 seconds periods though. Are the advanced parameters could help me to make more money? Like configuring a drop-loss to 97% and put 5xtime period and/or check the forget sell/buy price.

Anyway nice bot, I'm hurry to see the new one in january.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 11:57:36 AM

True, there is a visual limit of 2500 ticks, but on the background the logic will continue. So this can be a problem for bechmarking, but in during trading it will be no problem at all. I created the limit to make sure the memory does not overload, some users had problems with it.

A little tip: You do not need CTF files anymore in January 2014. Wink

EABEAB

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:22:52 PM

I've looked at your Bot and have seriously considered it,
however what's needed is a way for Users to share
successful strategies as they are doing here at:

https://cryptotrader.org

They are actually running contests and then sharing the code,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261086.0

Their cost to get going is also a substantially lower than yours,
you are at .4 BTC, they are only $35 USD per month to get going,
if it works great, if not simply cancel your membership, and try again
later, do the math, which would you choose ?

They also include more indicators that can be scripted.

Thanks
Soak

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:25:11 PM

Thank you,

No opinion about the second question?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:10:58 PM

Thank you,

No opinion about the second question?

The double RSI will do fine with the raise/drop disabled. Thats all thats needed.
You could use the drop-loss too, but 97% is very high to my taste. The default 95% is even to high for BtcUsd.

@EABEAB:
I am aware of the competition and what they offer. If cryptotrader is better for you then you should give it a try.

subhead

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

Stephan any words about my first point of my list?

subhead

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:44:17 AM

since today i can´t connect to the bitstamp api anymore.the bot tells me that my credentials are wrong but with my php script the api still works without any problems.

testik1

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:26:21 AM

As I posted some pages ago (with a lot of problems and complaints), I haven't been able to successfully use Bitstamp at all. The bot can execute one trade, but after that no trades go through (when I look at the transactions in bitstamp) even if the bot says everything is ok..
Soak

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:22:24 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 05:57:57 PM by Soak

Just a side note. Cryptsy is so slow, it freezes the bot and the orders don't pass. Angry If it's possible to add Vircurex, please, which seems better, that could be great too.. They have an API Smiley

Useful for trading DOGE for example.

+ a bug when the bot try to sell on BTC-e sometimes, in the debug log:

So no sell..

Ah, and an option to reset a Trade bot tab should be great too. Tongue
subhead

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:15:59 PM

since today i can´t connect to the bitstamp api anymore.the bot tells me that my credentials are wrong but with my php script the api still works without any problems.

after many hours the bitstamp works again for me.

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:13:34 PM

Stephan any words about my first point of my list?

I have no idea what i should tell you. I seems you have figured out already who the logic behind it has been build up. I can only tell i do not use the real-time prices to prevent flooding and it is not the main target to trade directly using the software. It has been build to trade automatic and there the real-time market prices are used.

About Bitstamp... i have not recieved any tickets or emails recently about people being unable to connect. I am aware of some posts here, but most of the times the issue looks like to solve itself. I am aware some users are using more bots, or start the software to many times. This is 99.9% the cause of the problems. I do not say it is now the case, but i am unsure what to do about this. Of course i keep a close eye on the comments and details inside it.

The same applies to new (or better) exchanges. I keep a eye on them and on the requests.

Thank you Soak and subhead for your replies! This kind of replies are very usefull.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: