Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416454 times)
dldavis007

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:23:04 AM

Stephan,

I am sorry but this is not the solution. When you correct the price from 0.6 BTC to 0.5988 BTC then you will be having the same problem next time all over again. Then you need to correct it again and again. It will only go down this way.

The best solution thus far is a little overhead (extra) on both sides of the wallet to compensate for the fee costs.

True, correcting the amount of BTC for the Sell, and not setting it back to 0.6 BTC for the next Buy, (assuming that there is extra in the wallet), would cause the trade amount to continue to go down.

I'm not sure how other exchanges work, but for BTC-e, I think the best solution would be to Sell the trade amount minus the fee (0.5988 BTC in this case), then check the wallet, if there is enough overhead, then leave the trade amount what it was for the next Buy. (6 BTC in this case).  If the wallet does not have enough overhead (as a result of negative profit or other reasons), then you will have no choice but to decrease the trade amount (0.5988 BTC in this case).

By the way, if I didn't make it clear, I did have overhead in my wallet when this error occurred.  What ever the solution, the bot missing a sell because of an error such as this is a serious problem.

I've finally figured out an Indicator combination that seems to be profitable, but I really don't want to trade with 95% of my wallet, so I will have to wait until you find a solution for this problem before I can continue using the bot.

Thanks,

Darrell
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 01:17:59 PM

"The bot should either automatically drop the BTC by 0.2% when it sells or query BTC-e to find out how many BTC are in the account.
"
Like stephan said, you just have to trade under that ammount otherwise your orders wont go through. So instead of 6 trade with 5 or 5.5 and see how that goes. You need a little extra on each side of the pair.

"If I buy the software now will I get the upgrade that is coming out or should I wait?"

You dont have to wait, if you buy the bot now you will get ALL updates including the new version coming out.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

dldavis007

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:43:11 PM

Krach,

Like stephan said, you just have to trade under that ammount otherwise your orders wont go through. So instead of 6 trade with 5 or 5.5 and see how that goes. You need a little extra on each side of the pair.

Maybe I'm not stating this correctly;

I start the bot trading with .6 BTC.

I have enough in my wallet for about 1.2 BTC

If the bot Buys, I would have to manually change the trade amount from .6 to .5988, otherwise the bot would fail when it tries to Sell.

It could manually do this for every trade, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a bot.

Darrell
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 04:50:25 PM

dldavis007 ,

I undersand you.
"If the bot Buys, I would have to manually change the trade amount from .6 to .5988, otherwise the bot would fail when it tries to Sell."
Trade with the ammount .5 or .55 or .5662 ect. or even .58 I would leave a little bit of room. I mean start with that ammount and not to adjust it afterwards.

Then you shouldnt have any problems and the bot will work automaticly as it should.  Grin

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

dldavis007

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

krach,

Oh, I got it.

If I want to trade with .6 BTC, I need to make sure that I have more than .6 BTC in the account on BTC-e (.7 or so to take care of the fees).

For some reason I thought you were saying put more in the "Trade Amount". 

Thanks,

Darrell
subhead

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:49:38 PM

Stephan,

I am sorry but this is not the solution. When you correct the price from 0.6 BTC to 0.5988 BTC then you will be having the same problem next time all over again. Then you need to correct it again and again. It will only go down this way.

The best solution thus far is a little overhead (extra) on both sides of the wallet to compensate for the fee costs.

True, correcting the amount of BTC for the Sell, and not setting it back to 0.6 BTC for the next Buy, (assuming that there is extra in the wallet), would cause the trade amount to continue to go down.

I'm not sure how other exchanges work, but for BTC-e, I think the best solution would be to Sell the trade amount minus the fee (0.5988 BTC in this case), then check the wallet, if there is enough overhead, then leave the trade amount what it was for the next Buy. (6 BTC in this case).  If the wallet does not have enough overhead (as a result of negative profit or other reasons), then you will have no choice but to decrease the trade amount (0.5988 BTC in this case).

By the way, if I didn't make it clear, I did have overhead in my wallet when this error occurred.  What ever the solution, the bot missing a sell because of an error such as this is a serious problem.

I've finally figured out an Indicator combination that seems to be profitable, but I really don't want to trade with 95% of my wallet, so I will have to wait until you find a solution for this problem before I can continue using the bot.

Thanks,

Darrell

can you please share your indicator combination with the public? i´m still trying to improve the outcome every day but i´m still not satisfied at all with the bot.

thanks,
subhead

EvilHumpty.com EU P2Pool LTC-DOGE-REDD-MOON
BTC: 1JJ4oUshc5KE7xZeDJXXVNHwFxrMct56Zj
LTC: LdZ85kmtnBRPWYCPgYRThQWS7GsHEn4PKn
subhead

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

no i had enough money in the account. The debug logs show the mesage that the bot succesful sold the coins bt the coins are still on my bitstamp wallet.

The trigger to switch coins for the bot if is when an order is accepted by the exchange.

the order was obviously not accepted and the bot thought it was.

Stephan the problem happend again. The bot thought he sold 0.1 btc but my bitstamp wallet had the money still there. I use an 120sec intervall with an RSI + stochastic indicator. That problem happens only at bitstamp. Maybe a problem with the bistamp api ?!

cheers,
subhead

Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:33:10 AM

It would be consistent with the reports i have, but that does not solve the problem itself.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
subhead

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

it happend again. buying works great but the selling part not. i stop using bitstamp right now.

cheers,
subhead

edit: i created an new api key. let´s see if the problem happens again.

dldavis007

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:22:21 AM

subhead,

can you please share your indicator combination with the public? i´m still trying to improve the outcome every day but i´m still not satisfied at all with the bot.

I like the PPO indicator and have tried using it several times, I've also tried using it with a stochastic indicator, but no matter what I do, it seems like it always buys in too late and sells too late.  I've also tried different trade intervals with the update timer.  Anywhere from 20 seconds up to 5 min, but still didn't have any luck.  The longer intervals seem to make the buy late and sell late problem even worse.

Another problem I've seen with using just these indicators, is that the bot would sometimes make a unprofitable trade (usually just a few cents).  I assume that when the bot sells, the price could fluctuate slightly, and the small difference causes the loss of a few cents. 

Anyway, I decided to try out the "Price Change Indicator" (for some reason the indicator list shows it as a "Price Difference Indicator").  I set the "Sell at Price:" to about 3 times the exchange fee, just to make sure that I would always make a profit.  I played around with the "Buy at Price:" and decided that it probably works best at a very low value.  The "Buy at Price:" requires that the market price drop below the last Sell price, so a lower value here will require less of a drop in case the trend continues to go up after the sell.

By itself, this indicator will make a few profitable trades, but it is limited by the fact that it will often Sell too soon (it will sell even if the price continues to climb), and it will often stop trading because the price does not always drop back below the last Sell price.

So, once I was happy that my trades would always be profitable, I decided to add the ROC Indicator.  The default values "Buy at -0.005" and "Sell at 0.005" are actually about right for most trading.  I usually tweak them slightly if it looks like the indicator is not selling and buying often enough.  I've used values from 0.0045 to 0.007 with good results.

The addition of the "ROC indicator" prevents the "Price Change Indicator" from immediately selling once it is satisfied, usually making trades more profitable.  The other benefit is that it waits for the price to start dropping before it indicates a sell.  This helps to ensure that the price is lower than the last Sell price which the other indicator wants before it will purchase.

So basically, the "Price Change Indicator" just makes sure that the trade is profitable, while the "ROI Indicator" Buys and Sells at the appropriate trend reversals.

The only problem I've seen so far is that the bot will sometimes get stuck in a sold position waiting for the price to drop below the last sell price.  I typically keep an eye on it and change the text box with the last sell price considerably above the current price.  This will cause the bot to begin trading again at the appropriate buy price.

Here are my settings for BTC-e trading LTC:

Update Timer       180 sec                           (3 minutes)
Trade Amount       20 ltc                              (or whatever you want, if BTC you will need to calculate a different Sell profit price for the "Price difference Indicator")
Last Sell Price      Current price + $5.00      (this will allow the "Price Change Indicator" to start trading)
Drop Loss             $20.00                            (or whatever you want)

In the advance settings, make sure you check the "Disable minimum raise/drop safety".  You can leave the other advanced settings at default. I believe that I set the "Drop Loss adjustment time out" to 3600 with a drop loss of 95%

The indicators are set up as follows:

Price Difference Indicator (Sell at profit price: 0.3, Buy at drop price -0.02)                                   (buy and sell trade fees will be around 10 cents for LTC)
Rate of Change Indicator (Offset 0, Reference 10, Buy level > -0.005, Sell level < 0.005)

Please try this with a small amount at first just to make sure it works like you want.  Also try it with the benchmark test.

Good luck.

Darrell

As far as improvements to the bot, it would be nice if the "Price Change Indicator" was named consistently in the lndicator list and it would also be great if the requirement for the price to drop below the last Sell price could be disabled.

The "Rate of Change Indicator" works okay, but it is confusing. I think that the negative and positive numbers are swapped in the settings displayed in the indicator list.  The Indicator list shows that Buying is a negative number, while the dialog box for set-up shows it as a positive number.

shadyz

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:36:28 AM

If I buy the software now will I get the upgrade that is coming out or should I wait?
Obviously you will get it mate
testik1

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:54:34 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 10:08:16 AM by testik1

Fuck this..

The bot "trades" on bitstamp and shows that everything worked fine.. that I made some money..
http://i43.tinypic.com/xqj3b5.jpg

but when I look at bitstamp NO TRADES HAVE BEEN MADE.

This is the BOT'S FAULT! Even if bitstamp's api didn't work, which I don't believe, the bot should give the error.

It can't go on claiming I've made profits when it hasn't even realized the trade.

I hope the new version will fix crap like this. :\

Also, if this is true "3 comment which i am totally unable to solve" and "this is less then 0,1% of the users", there would be over 3000 STB users..which would mean a fortune for the seller of the software.

Also.. there is something more broken with the Bitstamp-connection.. The chart looks okay (1500 ticks, 100sec), but when I saved the data to a file the file contains TWO TICKS so it's totally worthless.. and now when I try to benchmark with the data seen in the chart (without opening a file) it only uses the timeframe since saving the file. There's some discrepancy between what is shown on the chart, and what the bot acually uses for tick data.
rzabol

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:49:04 AM

Hi Stephan,

I have some problems with cryptsy. The bot make orders but on crytpsy that orders are not realize because of price changes and it stay in open orders. Problem occur with half orders so for that moment the bot is useless there. Additionally I don't know if it is ok but the bot make orders even if the previous is still in open orders what has effect like on image.
https://i.imgur.com/8O5ki6c.jpg

On btc-e that problem doesn't occur and there everything works fine.
Do you have any idea what is wrong with cryptsy or what I should to do to avoid that problem?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:46:01 PM

@dldavis007:
Very good analysis, my compliments for that.  Smiley

rzabol:
At the the current moment its still related to cryptsy his API, the past days i have seen some problems too. But yesterday i already saw some improvements. But i need to say cryptsy is on the nomination list to be deleted as a supported exchange. I am receiving to many complains about non-response in there API. My advice is to hold your trading for at least a day or two in the hope the API will be responsive again.

@testik1:
I know you love to complain, it so easy isn`t it? No, i have not 3000 users. Divide it by 3 or 4 and you are getting more close to the real number (registered users btw). Smiley But the point is, i know you having problems with Bitstamp. Some other do have this problem too. I am aware if this, this is a fact to me. Like it is also a fact there are hundreds of users who have no problems with Bitstamp.

No matter what kind of improvement i will introduce to solve issues like open orders and so on, it will never be 100%. Thats just totally impossible, yes we are getting closer and closer. But we will never make it totally perfect. Yes i am aware you think the API of Bitstamp is solid, but that is something that if not true. There are just things which i can not control. You noticed the two missing ticks, well this is a great example how solid the API itself is... why do you think 2 where missing? Exactly, because the API did not respond. No prices came back, so the software wait till its next interval. It only logical, keep on pushing to get prices will not solve the API issue. Time solves it, so waiting a few seconds is the most logical course of action. (it are also the rules at API of the exchange)

And like i told before, the bot send an order. If the order gets accepted then the coin position will switch. The position can not switch if the order is not accepted by the exchange. So i think bitstamp accepts your order but it does not get progressed for some reason. I will have a short look into the API if this is changed or something.

BTW This is that you know in advance; The core API DLL files of the exchanges are reused for the coming update.  Wink

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
throwaway222

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:25:45 PM

I can't figure out how the minimum raise and drop are calculated.

I'm using BTCe with 0.2% trade fees.

I would expect the minimum raise would be a factor of 1/(1-0.002^2) = 1.004012 times (or 0.4012% higher than) the buy price *just* to break even on the two 0.2% fees. If you were to split this into buying and selling then I'd expect factors equal to 1/0.998 or close to 0.2% on each.
The minimum raise and drop appearing in the bot are significantly lower than 0.2% for me.

I had a play around and it looks like your minimum raise/drop is based on my trade amount and twice the 0.2% fee. If this is the case, could you explain why? I'm having trouble understanding how this works.

I had the bot make unprofitable trades with higher sell than buy prices due to fees, hence the question.

Thanks
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

@throwaway222:
Its based on 2 times 0.2% fee because you need make a complete trade cycle (buy->sell->buy), so you need to trade twice and that needs to be taken in account to overcome the fee-costs.

Spoken about fee-costs... some users pointed me to a bug within the fee-overcome safety. I just released version 0.9.0.12 beta to solve this problem. If you use the safety then i recommend to update to this new version.

No other changes where made to this version. And version number 0.9.0.11 is skipped, in case you think you missed it

krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:45:35 PM

When bitcoin got around 300 I think the bitstamp api usage just got overloaded, they have not been able to totaly fix it since then, it doesnt have anything to with the bot, same with cryptsy. I have the same problems at cryptsy, it works well for a while then there are 50 open orders.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:05:40 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 08:53:50 AM by kalross

So...set a well benchmarked set of indicators including an MACD-MA Short 11 Long 24 for NMC/BTC.  Update timer at 600s.  Ticked Reset Last Buy and Sell.

Last sell price 0.00  Last Buy Price 0.00

Had sold some BTC to buy NMC/USD and PPC/USD expecting a strong upward trend (I was right on both counts).

Activated Bot and it sold NMC at 0.00801 at Interval 3 with two (of two) indicators on Yellow.  Was unable to buy back in quick enough as immediately afterwards, NMC/BTC went to 0.0085 then 0.00886.  Kinda bad luck combined with mental bot logic (or 'features' as some on here call them).

Missed out on a 10% profit.  Baaaa!

I take it the bot should not trade until the indicators have collected sufficient data according to their settings?

Stephan:  Can you reproduce/fix this?

K
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:56:01 AM

Bot just sold before indicators had sufficient data (both yellow) and it happened right before a rocket in NMC (which I predicted).  Screwed me again!

Update:

Sorry...was repairing the damage like a headless chicken as you could imagine  :-S

So...set a well benchmarked set of indicators including an MACD-MA Short 11 Long 24.  Update timer at 600s.  Ticked Reset Last Buy and Sell.

Last sell price 0.00  Last Buy Price 0.00

Had sold some BTC to buy NMC/USD and PPC/USD expecting a strong upward trend (I was right on both counts).

Activated Bot and it sold at Interval 3 with two indicators on Yellow.

I take it the bot should not trade until the indicators have collected sufficient data according to their settings?

Maybe it is a 'feature', but I would consider it a bug.

K

I do not understand how this is possible?
 Bot sold  earlier than necessary. But if I turn on the benchmark, then nothing happens ...
RSI standard and MACD-MA Short 26 Long 48, Signal 22.  Update timer at 180s
Second, bot do not buy, although the signal was in the benchmark. same settings
I do not know if I put the long timeframes  more than 5 minutes, the bot does not react at all.

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
kalross

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:10:22 PM

I do not understand how this is possible?
 Bot sold  earlier than necessary. But if I turn on the benchmark, then nothing happens ...
RSI standard and MACD-MA Short 26 Long 48, Signal 22.  Update timer at 180s
Second, bot do not buy, although the signal was in the benchmark. same settings
I do not know if I put the long timeframes  more than 5 minutes, the bot does not react at all.

Sorry.  Is this a reply to my issue or are you asking a question?

I have a screen shot to show the sell signal before indicator values were sufficiently supplied with data.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: