Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:11:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416451 times)
phoxpup

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:04:33 PM

@Stephan224
The combining of profit safety and some mechanism to keep the bot on track was more of an academic matter to me. It wasn't a feature request, especially regarding the simple trading bot, which is what is the most interesting to me right now.  :-)  A good simple bot is a tactical operator, buying and selling according tho the parameters it is given.  (no out of the box thinking - it knows what to do and does it)  It's settings, however, need to be easily tweaked, preferably on the fly, by the user or another program with a  more strategic function.  That is my view pg a simple trading bot.  It is incomplete by itself but takes care of the here and now while the user thinks strategically.  A smooth running simple trading bot is the user's minion. :-) (Time to go retrieve the moon before the ballet performance. :-)  )
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 09:51:50 PM

This will most likely be the BotParam.XML file in where you will be able to input your data into on the fly. In the bot itself i have made it optional (added a checkbox) to load the XML every time on a update.

I have tried to made the code safe so i hope no problems with file io will happen during execution. I added a message to the log when a file io or related problem should happen.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimpleSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SafeOrderList>1</SafeOrderList>
  <Profit>1.0</Profit>
  <Drop>1.0</Drop>
  <Buy>990.0</Buy>
  <Sell>995.0</Sell>
  <RSIBuy>30.0</RSIBuy>
  <RSISell>70.0</RSISell>
  <RSI60Buy>30.0</RSI60Buy>
  <RSI60Sell>70.0</RSI60Sell>
  <RBuy>10.0</RBuy>
  <RSell>-5.0</RSell>
  <lastRSISellValue>0.0</lastRSISellValue>
  <lastRSI60SellValue>0.0</lastRSI60SellValue>
  <lastRatioSellValue>0.0</lastRatioSellValue>
  <lastRSIBuyValue>0.0</lastRSIBuyValue>
  <lastRSI60BuyValue>0.0</lastRSI60BuyValue>
  <lastRatioBuyValue>0.0</lastRatioBuyValue>
</SimpleSettings>

On startup this XML load option will be not checked. However The XML will be loaded at startup and saved during shutdown.

I did not find it a good plan to store the trade amounts into this file. If everybody thinks differently please let me know.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
phoxpup

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 10:33:36 PM

Looks pretty nice.

I assume that RSIBuy and RSISell are actually RSI30Buy and RSI30Sell (the originals ones)

It looks like it would retain purchase history so profit protection has a better chance of behaving right immediately after reopening the app.

I suppose API credentials are stored elsewhere? (encrypted in a different safe location? - a very good thing) We don't really need access to them since its a one time entry assuming the program remembers it. :-)

I'm not sure what "Drop" is.

This looks very good. :-)
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:28:27 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 03:57:43 PM by Stephan224

The RSIBuy and RSISell are indeed the values for the RSI-30 bot. The other RSI-60 are applied to a new bot i am adding. RSI-60 uses 60 intervals instead of 30 and is a little less responsive.

The "drop" value is a new safety i am adding to the bot. It is a value to ensure the bots do not overbuy themselves by setting a static value of how much the currency must drop before a new buy is allowed to be made. This will allow the bots to make more trades.

I am planning a lot of new features this update.
http://www.haasonline.com/index.php/stb/stbchangelog

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:04:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 06:52:03 PM by Stephan224

I just have release a new version of the Haasonline Simple Trade Bot.

The following changes are made:
- A new bot has been added, a RSI-60 bot.
- The trade ratio bot has been updated.
- The high/log bot can now trade in advance (faster then human trading)
- A drop safety has been added. This safety ensures a specific drop before a buy is allowed to made.
- Bot parameters are loaded and saved during start-up and shut-down.
- For the tweakers among us there is a new advanced setting allowing the parameters to be loaded on every update.
- A new decimal is added for better support inputs values. (5 instead of 4 decimals now)
- Exception handling is added.
- Some other errors and minor changes are done like improving logbook messages.

Please consult the online change log and online help of the software for more details.
http://www.haasonline.com/index.php/stb/stbchangelog
http://www.haasonline.com/index.php/stb/stbhelpmail

All registered users will get a email today with the lasted software.

coinchase

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 02:36:59 PM

Awesome! Cheesy I didn't install the last update so I'm going to make sure I switch to this one asap. Btw, I plan on writing a review here sometime in the future, but I'm still tweaking the settings. I'm trying to make the bot as active as possible, but that's kinda hard to do if you have good safety measures in place.
phoxpup

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

Over the weekend I deployed Simple Trade Bot for BTCe (version 0.8.5.0) up from version 0.8.4.0.  Version 0.8.4 had some problems, especially with crashing when certain fields reached certain values.  As the revision notes state, many of those issues have been fixed as stated.    I can confirm that  0.8.5.0 has yet to crash on me and I’ve been running it since Saturday.  It seems to be behaving as hoped at least for high/low trading which is what I use it for.

Simple Trade Bot for BTCe is a “good soldier” worthy or commendation.  Smiley

On a slow day I will upgrade to 0.8.5.1  but since my needs are simple I don’t plan to rush.  I’ve got the program running as part of a more extensive logic system and don’t really want to reconfigure again right away.  I want to enjoy the stability for a while.  Then I’ll upgrade with confidence.   Smiley
phoxpup

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:26:15 PM

I just read Stephan's post on 0.8.5.1 and may not be able to resist upgrading right away.  I'm particularly fond of these features.

- The high/log bot can now pre-trade (faster then human trading)
- Bot parameters are loaded and safed during startup and shutdown.
- For the tweakers among us there is a new advanced setting allowing the parameters to be loaded on every update.

I'm not 100% sure about what pre-trade is, but faster is better right?  I've had bids fail to be processed during market spikes but I figured they were just unreachable.  I wonder if this would improve the odds of catching those flash events.

As for "loaded on every update", like every 90000ms as shown on the screen?  If so, that would make my system simpler and more responsive.

Cool stuff Smiley
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

The Pre-trade -option means in fact trading in advance. It places a buy order of sell order with the given parameters before the parameters are met. If the order gets sold/bought in time the bot will place a new order to buy or sell. This can indeed hook up on the flash moments (i did not see them during my tests). However, because of the setup (safety 1 order-> block) all the other bots will be affected. (safety on 2 will result in possible oversell/overbought from the high/low bot)

About "loaded on every update". This means the botparameters.XML -file get read just before a update of the bot is done. The values of the XML will be used for the simple bot its logic. The values will also be written back to the user interface. This allows some tweakers among us to enter values into the simple bot from a external source.

The same technology used for the tweakers to insert bot parameters is used to load the bot parameters at startup (from the XML) and save them on application shutdown (to XML). This way the parameters of the bot gets remembered.

BTW I will change the name to "Simple Trade Bot" because i am planning on supporting other exchanges too in the future. I am working on Vircurex.

coinchase

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:58:58 AM

Awesome! Updated. looking good Smiley
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 07:41:54 AM

@coinchase: Thanks for your replies!

I am happy to report that version 0.8.5.1 beta seems to be the best version i have build this far. I have only 1 minor bug reported for now and i got a lot of mails from people who are pleased by the changed i made.

I can also report that my work on supporting the Vircurex exchange is doing well. This will be the major update i am working on right now. But prototype tests seems to work properly here. I am trying to include the support in the same simple bot which i now use for the BTCe exchange. This way i can make 1 piece of software and make it work for multiple exchanges at the same time. (current users will be updated as normal when the support for vircurex has been added and tested)

btmstr

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:07:43 PM

i was too late for the .2 btc promotion, but i bought the trade bot anyway. i received the bot and got it running without a problem... making a profit gain with it is another story. With the RSI-30 set on default settings, the bot was buying at the high point, and selling at the low (trying to sell, the block trade stopped it). has anyone else experienced this? what am i doing wrong?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:00:13 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 06:18:36 PM by Stephan224

The problem you describe of the RSI -bot is not really a problem, it is just part of the entire learning process.  This is exactly why we keep on pushing that people read the help and why we recommend to start with low trade amounts. This is what you need to learn before you really can get started and trade with high amounts.

I will try to explain what is happening to your RSI-bot.

The RSI bot is in fact a indicator. It is a indicator that tells you when you can buy and when you can sell. I (as the main developer) have turned this into a trade bot.

The RSI calculation itself uses in this case a reference block of the last values from the exchange. You will notice the entire simple trade bot have to update 30 times before the RSI-30 can be calculated. The same applies to the RSI-60 bot, but with this bot it will take 60 updates. The RSI calculation means it will count the times the currency will go up and how many times the currency goes down. From this calculation a relative position is calculated, this is the RSI value. The RSI indicates if the currency is raizing or dropping. If the RSI value indicates it is 30 or less is means the currency is dropping. (this is what your RSI bot saw) If the RSI indicates 70 or higher the currency is at it sell momentum.

You can read more about it here: http://www.onlinetradingconcepts.com/TechnicalAnalysis/RelativeStrengthIndex.html

There are 2 safties that impact the RSI-bot directly. These are the profit and drop amount. Once the bot starts (for the first time!) it will not know your last buy or sell values. Therefore both safeties allow the trade to happen. (in your case your current position was on sold so the bot thought it was at a low value and bought the coins) If the bot has bought or solled the coins it knows now how to calculate the profif or drop. Doing this the safties really get on working. (you did confirm this because you saw trades being blocked)

This is exactly how the software should work. Smiley

So my advice to you will be to check btce charts, setup low trades in the beginning, understand the safeties and how they work and activate the bot on a good moment with good settings. And keep in mind this is software made for 24-hours or more running. And of course give yourself time to learn the software and how it all works. (you can not learn it within a hour)

Tip: At my FAQ at my website there are schemes of how the bot logic works in detail.

Comments of other users are welcome here of course. I just posted it to explain it a little more. (in my broken English Cheesy )

BTW You where to late for the promotion. However, i still need some help with translations (Chinese and Russian), i need a good Joomla template for my website, i good a good company sign/logo. So if you have anything to offer please contact me by mail or PM. Maybe we can work something out.

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 02:01:40 PM

Summery:
- The last buy value was 2,20xxxx USD.
- The current sell value was 2,17xxxx USD.
- The RSI indicator thinks the current position is high, the currency is raising. (RSI=100%)

Whats happening?
The RSI is high, so the log shows the RSI indicators want to sell the coins. (this is right, the RSI is 100%) Looking at the last buy price and current sell price i see there is a difference of -0,03 USD. The calculated profit shows a value of -0,42 USD. This already shows me you are trading with ± 14 BTC(?) The profit safety is set to a unknown value, but this value is positive and the current profit is negative. So the trade will be blocked, if not you will be losing -0,42 USD on the trade the bot can make.

What to do?
What you can do depends on the position of the currency (high or low) and it depends on the position of your coins (bought or soled).

If you start the software and the currency is low (in the graph at BTCe) and you do not own the coins then you can safely enable the RSI bot. The bot will buy and waits until the currency is high again and tries to sell the coins again. The profit safety will make sure you make money. Of course you can see the log indication the RSI want to sell already, but the profit safety will block this until the given level is met.

If you start the software and the currency is high (in the graph at BTCe) and you own the coins then you can safely enable the RSI bot. The RSI bot will sell the coins directly if 70% of higher is indicated. After that the RSI bot want to buy again (as soon as possible) but the drop safety will make sure the currency drops enough before the coins will be bought.

To ensure a good profit and drop value, please set the profit safety to zero and activate the bot. The log will show a warning you will lose coins and it will indicate a minimum value of the profit safety. Multiply this value by 6 to 12 and fill this into the profit safety. (please disable the bot as soon as possible if you see the warning!!!)

To ensure more trades will be made keep the multiplied value low. To ensure more profit, keep it high.

If the overall currency is dropping make sure your drop value is higher then the profit value. If the overall currency is raising make sure you do the opposite. If the currency is stable (average value is the same) keep the profit and drop value equal.

pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:35:32 AM

is there a mac version? do you accept ltc?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 09:43:19 AM

@The Duke Sr:
I am working on some images to show in a better way how the RSI bot works. There is a little difference between the RSI described on the website you have posted and the method i use. But it will become clear why i did this if i am done with those images.

I can tell for sure already there is no bug inside the calculation method i use. The program is in use by about 30-40 people and if there was a real bug is should have been become visible already. In the past there where some, but those issues are fixed already. The biggest problem of the RSI is the explanation of it.

I am also a user of my own software (of course), and like i written down at the help, the RSI bots are one of the most effective bots i have made. Once you get to know them you will understand why.

I will have a good look at the mail you have send to me. And i will get back to you by mail about that part.

@pr0d1gy:
I am sorry, but i do not support a Mac. Most of the people are still using a Windows operation system. And for now i can only accept bitcoins. I want to expand this later on to LTC and FTC, but this will be later.

cloudstrife07

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:45:55 PM

hi stephan, i've placed an email order on your website. do check it out  Grin
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:42:53 AM

@Stephan224, one suggession.

Daily, you, or someone else can post best winning configuration for the previous day;
and suggestions for today, and next day.

I'm not talking about buy / hold / sell suggestions, but best winning trading bot configurations.

I am yet to completely understand this tool.

There may be two kinds of people who wants to,
  1. collect more bitcoins
  2. earn more fiat

Is this tool for both of these people ?

Tool looks simple, and keep it always that way..
All the best.  Smiley

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 07:27:26 AM

I am not allowed to post or give bot parameters. This is one of the things the exchange asked from me to allow me to sell this software. However i will talk you idea over with them and see if i am allowed to post historical data.

I am preparing a big stunt right now. I want to challenge the miners over a little while. I want to show that my software will cost less and has the ability to earn more coins for lower costs then with mining. This may sound strange, but just think about it. Mining will get harder and harder over time, my software does not have that disadvantage. Mining will result in less earning over time and again my software does not have that disadvantage. Power usage... well i do not have to say much about it i think.

I did some testing on a Intel Atom CPU and everything works fine, my software does not require a low of computing power. But now i have to buy such a computer to make a setup and to do some benchmarking. This way i can start this stunt and challenge some (or all) the miners.

About your questions:
Yes people can earn coins using my software, this is the idea the software. The software will put coins in and wait until it makes profit and then gets the coins out, this process will be repeated forever resulting in more and more coins. The bot parameters are the qlue to make this profit.

I am not sure what you mean by "earn more fiat", can you explain this please?

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:24:44 AM

I am not allowed to post or give bot parameters. This is one of the things the exchange asked from me to allow me to sell this software. However i will talk you idea over with them and see if i am allowed to post historical data.

I am preparing a big stunt right now. I want to challenge the miners over a little while. I want to show that my software will cost less and has the ability to earn more coins for lower costs then with mining. This may sound strange, but just think about it. Mining will get harder and harder over time, my software does not have that disadvantage. Mining will result in less earning over time and again my software does not have that disadvantage. Power usage... well i do not have to say much about it i think.

I did some testing on a Intel Atom CPU and everything works fine, my software does not require a low of computing power. But now i have to buy such a computer to make a setup and to do some benchmarking. This way i can start this stunt and challenge some (or all) the miners.

Your software (or any trading strategy) does have the disadvantage that as more people use it, the potential profits go down. That's the nature of trading, by buying something, you create demand which pushes the price up and makes the same buy less interesting for someone using the same strategy.

I am not sure what you mean by "earn more fiat", can you explain this please?
Maximize profits measured in USD (or EUR, or whichever other currency) rather than maximizing amount of BTC.

In a hypothetical market where BTC is on a downward trend compared to USD/EUR, a strategy may increase ones BTC totals, but when converted to USD/EUR, the trader is at a loss.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: