Bitcoin Forum
January 18, 2018, 06:22:31 PM *
News: Electrum users must upgrade to 3.0.5 if they haven't already. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE][AMD][NVIDIA][CPU][XMR]How to Mine Monero / Sumokoin + Miners Downloads ⛏  (Read 135833 times)
heavyarms1912

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:25:53 AM

Hi, I'm new to mining and looking to start with something not to complicated so I choose xmr-stark-win64.
Can someone tell me what need to be done to mine only with gpu and no cpu.

use parameter --noCPU in bat file.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badferret

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:33:50 AM

Well i'm fairly new to GPU mining and have only use nvidia cards so far.  I have a friend who has a couple old AMD cards (Fire Pro v7900 2gb) and i was considering grabbing those to build a machine just to mine me a little extra coin.  I've seen some posts saying AMD won't work with CCMiner.  I stumpled on this thread as i was interested in sumokoin.  The OP lists some mining programs that work with AMD....so my question is....are these cards too old for these newer miner programs listed in this thread?  Or is this "AMD doesn't work" just old news and newer miners will usually work with AMD now?
BSAlex

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:50:32 AM

Well i'm fairly new to GPU mining and have only use nvidia cards so far.  I have a friend who has a couple old AMD cards (Fire Pro v7900 2gb) and i was considering grabbing those to build a machine just to mine me a little extra coin.  I've seen some posts saying AMD won't work with CCMiner.  I stumpled on this thread as i was interested in sumokoin.  The OP lists some mining programs that work with AMD....so my question is....are these cards too old for these newer miner programs listed in this thread?  Or is this "AMD doesn't work" just old news and newer miners will usually work with AMD now?

Usually you are stuck with old miners for old AMD cards, Claymore 9.7 usually have best results.

BTW XMR-STACK 2.2 was relised recently https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

induktor

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:09:58 PM

Hello
has anyone been able to set two threads to the new xmr-stak multi GPU miner?

I was able to compile it , runs very well on CPU/NVIDIA but for AMD i cannot set more than two threads per GPU which is a requirement for RX VEGA to hash faster.

I have three RX VEGA, this line works perfectly on the OLD xmr-stak-amd (amd only) miner, but it is ignored on the new miner.
"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
   { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 2016, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 1736, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 1, "intensity" : 2016, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 1, "intensity" : 1736, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 2, "intensity" : 2016, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },
   { "index" : 2, "intensity" : 1736, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false },

],

I'm on windows 10 with the classic blockchain driver, it is not a machine issue, it is the miner, compiled it again but still refuses to create two threads per GPU.

anyone fixed it? any ideas?
thanks!
indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Mattthev

Activity: 294

Sether

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:07:09 PM

Not sure, but most of the miners won't be optimized for these.

...SETHER...

.......................Blockchain's first intelligent social marketing platform..........................
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium   YouTube

...SETHER...
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:55:13 AM

Updated drivers

...SETHER...

.......................Blockchain's first intelligent social marketing platform..........................

...SETHER...
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:30:30 PM

New exchange that's not working yet, but there is sing up bonus $500 for trading fees! You can use my referral link as thanks for my guides or don't.
Upcoin

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
heavyarms1912

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:16:18 AM

New exchange that's not working yet, but there is sing up bonus $500 for trading fees! You can use my referral link as thanks for my guides or don't.
Upcoin
Done.
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:35:09 AM

Upcoin
Done.
Thanks Smiley Let's see what exchange it will be Cheesy

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:21:38 PM

Updated XMRig Nvidia
Added XMRig AMD

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:15:20 PM

Monero is one of the coins that will be on Next Exchange that starts in 4 days!! It's decentralized exchange!
Next.exchange
As always you can use my referral link or don't.

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
PandapoolNL

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:07:14 PM

Monero is one of the coins that will be on Next Exchange that starts in 4 days!! It's decentralized exchange!
Next.exchange

https://i.imgur.com/UdSUE92.jpg
Thxs for the info! Any chance that Sumokoin will be listed as well?
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:59:06 AM

Next.exchange

It's not mentioned but maybe later...
https://twitter.com/NextExchange/status/950548360431374341

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
PandapoolNL

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:32:08 AM

Next.exchange

Ok, it would be great. The more exchanges, the better! And if Monero will belisted it's a small step to add Sumokoin as well.
Mattthev

Sether

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:05:08 PM

Next.exchange

Ok, it would be great. The more exchanges, the better! And if Monero will belisted it's a small step to add Sumokoin as well.
So it will happen Cheesy SUMO is planned in Next.exchange- As always you can use my referral link or don't it's free world.

https://twitter.com/NextExchange/status/951929556667109377

...SETHER...

...SETHER...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.