Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:55:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible?  (Read 5880 times)
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:23:24 PM

Can bitcoin be the world's currency?

Not sure about this but for me it will not happen. Btc can be used as a currency when purchasing or transacting online but it cannot be the world's currency. That will be kind of complicated you know. We are so far from that to happen. And let's not forget the government who will never let this happen for sure. And not to mention the banks!

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:24:45 PM

Bitcoin being the world currency is possible, if the entire governments around the globe understand the goodness that's incorporated into bitcoin. Now this has been described as an universal currency as it can be converted to any fiat. So, the change had got initiated and if this continues can expect bitcoin to be world currency.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:26:11 PM

Nope, adopting a super currency like bitcoin while replacing anything else wouldn't work as different countries have it's own currency that represents their value and identity as well. Replacing them would bring harm - small countries would die. It's better to treat BTC like 'Internet money' like how Japan announced them as, if you are thinking bitcoin would worth millions each that would be naive and it wouldn't reach that status as long people are treating them as investment rather than fiats. It's still far for bitcoin to be accepted for trade throughout the world as the main economies are still tied closely with fiat pairs.

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:30:09 PM

I don't think that this is possible...as said above, the government won't allow this...and it seems to me that it is not convenient for everyon...it is necessary to use the moment now, the future is not known to us...and there can be many options with a cryptocurrency
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:33:19 PM

In our generation, I guess it is impossible but in the next generation, there will be no doubt.  I said so, because, in our generation, technology, specifically the internet is still on the process of conquering to reach all over the world.  There are still areas here in the Philippines specially the provinces where there is no internet connection. So, how can bitcoin become world currency while we know that it is a crypto currencies.  But I believe that what we have planted now in the bitcoin world and how we support bitcoin will be reaped by the  next generation where bitcoin will be the world's currency.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:45:36 PM

Smiley Hi wawan99, in my point of view, there is a little chance of a possibility that bitcoin could be the world currency due to different countries laws and regulation regarding the cryptocurrency. If I'm not mistaken, seven countries prohibit our popular bitcoin. But even lifted; the government is still hesitant to promote or support the use of bitcoin which will ultimately block its way to be the world currency. However, given the fact that in ancient times people use gold as currency and as we can see today people use fiat money that makes us definitely to think that bitcoin could do the same.  Wink
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

I don't think so because government will not allow this to happen
yes but in my speculation theres a chance in the future bitcoin can change fiat because of its high value now adays. I think in my opinion if bitcoin didn't hide identity of any transaction of person maybe theres a possibility that goverment allow bitcoin to replace fiat or maybe some neither country accepts also bitcoin. even before when the time bitcoin value surpass the value of gold. But sad to say bitcoin has a lot of bad things happened thats why some of the country decline bitcoin.
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:53:25 PM

A world currency need to have a great stability and bitcoin cannot give that. It is decentralized and can also be used for illegal purposes. Bitcoin today is just a form of investment, a material for trading, an asset. It is hard to change the way many people see bitcoin because of its characteristics especially the high price increase rate, the volatility, which is a characteristic of a coin that is suitable for profitable purposes, trading and investments.
alto123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:54:30 PM

I hope in the future bitcoin won't be hacked
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:31:18 PM

I don't think so because government will not allow this to happen

Maybe right now the Government are still hesitating about it, but the right time will come and the Government will make bitcoin the world's currency that we are going to use. I don't care actually because I don't have any complaints about using fiat, it is just fine how things are working, so I'm in the neutral position on making bitcoin as the world currency.
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

Personally, my opinion - of course, will be able to do it all because computer equipment and the Internet are increasingly entering our life and the use of electronic money should soon almost completely replace paper, which also need to be printed. And with such a powerful safety of electronic money as the military technical cooperation does not exist anywhere.
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:47:23 PM

There is a chance for being a medium of world currency but never as a world currency.Bitcoin is a digital currency which fluctuating it's price every single minute , so this kind of digital currency can't be act as a world currency.
OneSortieMan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:55:49 PM

I dont see that happening at all especially since some countries have outright banned bitcoin.

bitcoin is a very unique and interesting hold of value, but because of its versatility other countries will see it as competing with their own currency and like mentioned above have banned it.

I can see the value of bitcoin going up and peaking around when the last bitcoins are mined. What happens to its value at that time depends on its popularity compared to other alt coins and the alt coin market altogether
paragon07

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:03:35 PM

in my own knowledge, its impossible that bitcoin will be the world currency. it give us a huge income at there price, but still bitcoin is a digital currency for us. you need some trading market site to convert it in our own money.
daadi059

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:16:05 PM

May be yes, Bitcoin is very powerful, with the value of Bitcoin, it is dominating the virtual world, and perhaps soon it will dominate all other currencies and replace them ... Bitcoin can become the world's currency Shocked
ybcuongdz1

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:27:45 PM

oh yes. I see it very good. because it can help me for daily expenses
 Wink Wink
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:38:28 PM

I don't think bitcoin can become the world's currency .
Bitcoin is not of physical reality that is why many people will probably not accept and understand it. It also depends on how many governments actually accept bitcoin and consider it legal and most of them nowadays are considering to ban it . So it is pretty difficult that bitcoin will become world's currency . Bitcoin is not unlimited , which also acts as a barrier to attain  this goal.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:04:37 PM

Coming back after long time is very good in this forum. Well, no bitcoin can’t be worlds currency because it has got big disadvantage of decentralisation. Yes, it is disadvantage when we speak about it in the form of worlds currency because this nature fluctuates its value a lot making it very very volatile currency.

In any nation, such currency can not do very well to make the stability of economy within the circulation. There could be instant crash in the bitcoin price and this can lead to instant economic crisis too. This is why no government will adopt it as national currency in fist place and this is why it may not get accepted in the whole world as world’s currency status.

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:18:20 PM

Yes it can be but it cannot exist alone because there is no perfect unity in the world we can co exist with just respecting the belief of others and that is healthy no need to push singularity for all thing are good and we'll be better with all of us helping each other thats same with bitcoin and fiat
Imran1271

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:29:43 PM

In my point of view, Bitcoin won't never ever be a world's currency or even a country currency and For bitcoin is only a vitual and digital currency which means it doesn't have appearance. The other reason why it can't be a world's currency is, it is not centralized. In addition to that, bitcoin is not subjected to tax but still government can impose tax to bitcoin if ever they want to and many other issue will be arised regarding this matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: