Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC for taxi  (Read 3230 times)
Ibrahim60 (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:35:32 PM

I like taxi. I think this is a good idea. I hope in my city also accept bitcoin. because everyday I use taxi.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AnoukiEXO11

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:42:23 PM

I think it depend on bitcoin is legalized in your country or not. If it's legalized I think every services in your country will accept bitcoin for payment soon Smiley. Beside in few countries Uber is accepting bitcoin for payment Cheesy
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:06:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2116526.0

Same topic, why you can't use search function?

//Topic: I think that paying in bitcoin for TAXI is a waste. Same goes for restaurant and some other amenities. I prefer to hold instead of spending.

Holding bitcoins completely defeats the purpose why it was made. Bitcoins were made to circulate and be used to pay for stuff. If we just continually hold it, that would mean it is not being used as an alternative to fiat currency. We're just like trading it like stocks and waiting for it to grow in price. Basically, we just made a global stock market where there is no company but merely digital gold.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:56:43 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 02:09:43 PM by kingvirtus09

that's what i want in the future.. paying your bitcoin for our taxi fare.. i hope their will be a big adoption on cryptocurrency soon

Khristian

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:05:52 AM

i think it's a good idea in the future that bitcoin can be used to pay all goods like grocery electric bill and also in taxi.i think in the value of bitcoin is great
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:07:30 AM

I think that there is someone who have the same concept as this one, it was on africa, having this concept will very much depend on things such as the geographical location, if Bitcoin is legal, the status of the economy of one country, etc. these are just some of the problems that may be encountered. Reason being is that most people in certain countries are not aware of bitcoin, if they are made aware of it then next question is if they will accept it or not. Most likely these drivers will not accept bitcoin as a payment, reason for that is because bitcoin is highly volatile, so payment will still depend on the market of that country. If bitcoin's price rises that will be a problem for the passenger since they do not want to pay huge amount of money, same goes to the driver if the price dips, they do not want to be driving when they get a low payment.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:14:02 AM

I like taxi. I think this is a good idea. I hope in my city also accept bitcoin. because everyday I use taxi.

We are wishing that this can be happening soon as it can mean that Bitcoin has already saturated the market and can already be in the mainstream. Now, this can happen if there would be a service that will connect those drivers into Bitcoin or maybe a wallet provider which has a good system to connect both parties. Let's encourage Bitcoin-related companies to develop an app for transacting Bitcoin fast and easy and not just for taxi business, actually for many other industry as well.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

//Topic: I think that paying in bitcoin for TAXI is a waste. Same goes for restaurant and some other amenities. I prefer to hold instead of spending.

Holding bitcoins completely defeats the purpose why it was made. Bitcoins were made to circulate and be used to pay for stuff. If we just continually hold it, that would mean it is not being used as an alternative to fiat currency. We're just like trading it like stocks and waiting for it to grow in price. Basically, we just made a global stock market where there is no company but merely digital gold.
I agree with you on this one but most people who are involved in bitcoin are investors.They care less about using bitcoin as a currency but more about making profit out of it and you can't blame them.The price that we are seeing today is because of these investors which are buying bitcoin and holding it.If they all decide to sell or use it like a currency for day to day purpose,the price won't be 4K$. Roll Eyes

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:17:12 AM

for me, cash or credit card is still convenient for Taxi payment because right after you dropped from Taxi is payment should be made in seconds. I don't think BTC will work that way high transaction fee and delay of transfers will create inconvenience for Taxi payment and other alike transactions.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

kdiag

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:42:05 AM

where it is not so long ago met ICO on the basis of a taxi, even the bounty is passing, Taxicoin seems. Grin
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:51:19 AM

for me, cash or credit card is still convenient for Taxi payment because right after you dropped from Taxi is payment should be made in seconds. I don't think BTC will work that way high transaction fee and delay of transfers will create inconvenience for Taxi payment and other alike transactions.
much profitable if cash i am agree with that because not anytime we can use online transaction so for me it is much profitable cash basis unlike transaction online on some small transac like in taxi.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:04:51 AM

why we have to spend our bitcoin just for paying taxi?? bitcoin are more valueable than that bitcoin like gold. just thinking like this would you spend your bitcoin for taxi when the bitcoin price are low. and when the price are high you already run out your bitcoin.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:08:48 AM

Agreed. You can save it but it doesn't mean that you will close your doors in a possibility to consider Bitcoin as a mode of payment. Read and understand the purpose of Bitcoin as why Satoshi Nakamoto made it.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:13:26 AM

This is a good idea, but I can't see it being implemented in the near future. Because of the high transaction fee and long confirmation time, a lot of taxi operations will see this a problem on their end. Although I really would like to see bitcoin going mainstream, this will not be a good example to begin with.

why we have to spend our bitcoin just for paying taxi?? bitcoin are more valueable than that bitcoin like gold. just thinking like this would you spend your bitcoin for taxi when the bitcoin price are low. and when the price are high you already run out your bitcoin.
Agreed. There are other things that we can spend our bitcoin. However, if by chance you ran out of cash and no credit card, bitcoin could be a good payment option. But at one point you need to really used bitcoin so that it can go back to the ecosystem and circulate.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:14:09 AM

Uber i think accepting bitcoins now. But not directly. You need to avail coinbase's Shift card which acts like a credit card. It will cost you $10 for availing for Shift Card.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/use-bitcoin-uber/amp/
I think it will take longer before they officially accept bitcoin as a payment directly.
Anyway, I've been searching google which cryptocurrency which you can pay uber directly. And i found that Uber is accepting litecoin https://steemit.com/litecoin/@someguy123/uber-now-accepts-litecoin-but-not-bitcoin
It might be a fake news but it would be great if they accept litecoin since the transaction is very fast because litecoin uses lightning Network.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:14:30 AM

Yes it is, plus it will bring awareness to other people about what is bitcoin and as how far it can do.  I saw a lady before in New York on its documentary about bitcoin, she paid the cab using bitcoin.  In case bitcoin will be accepted here in my country as payment for cab, I will not use my bitcoin for a ride.  It is precious to me and I will not use it to something which I cannot profit.
patrickj

Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:18:51 AM

This my be good idea. Maybe if someone or a company will propose this to be listed as ICO make a token for taxi payments, this would be great for everybody commute in taxi.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:26:28 AM

I don't know how you can now use the bitcoin payment in a taxi. The price for a small transaction can be approximately equal to the cost of travel. Much cheaper to withdraw a large sum to a Bank card and pay with it for taxis and shopping in the store.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:10:27 PM

Physical money or fiat is much more convenient to use as a form of payment for taxi and other businesses firm as you can just hand the money over and the transaction is finished unlike in bitcoin, you need to wait for confirmations from the bitcoin network in order for the transaction finished or transferred. For now we can't actually used it for our daily lives but in the near future they can implement some upgrades and additional feature in the blockchain.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:16:40 PM

It is absolutely going to be nice having something like this. It will be easy though it the top players like uber can integrate something like this on their application and make it flexible for people to choose the payment they wish including bitcoin. This may take time a bit though, since there is a lot of development like tx fees and huge adoption. However, at least a start will make some difference.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  All
  Print  

Jump to: