Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on Mobile Phone  (Read 12408 times)
ZaynDale

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:42:26 PM

It possible to have a mining app in mobile phone .

Mobile mining App today are hoax and are just helping people to believe that there's and App that can possible mine a crypto but if you're going to sum up the result would be you're not getting any amount out of it. besides, mining actually needs more power that's why dedicated miners will require heavy duty power supply and the machine itself is too noisy because the fans must drain down the surface temperature of the GPU that is processing the difficulty of the hash rate of any crypto currency like Bitcoin. Our phone couldn't do it in behalf and it would take years to even get a single 8th decimal if you do insist to mine using your phone.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rickirs

Activity: 206
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:44:04 PM

Why people are even discussing it.

The mining works by making it more challenging as more people jumps in, more people means more ways to get the job done. People are now doing mining  with so many intuitive ways that was not once not even imagined. Current type of mining fundas can't be implemented on mobile phone unless there is something or sort of algo which only works on mobile plateform, may be ARM only but then again it will result something will again make mobile obsolete in no matter of time.

So, again, why people are even discussing it ?
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:48:15 PM

Why people are even discussing it.

The mining works by making it more challenging as more people jumps in, more people means more ways to get the job done. People are now doing mining  with so many intuitive ways that was not once not even imagined. Current type of mining fundas can't be implemented on mobile phone unless there is something or sort of algo which only works on mobile plateform, may be ARM only but then again it will result something will again make mobile obsolete in no matter of time.

So, again, why people are even discussing it ?
What are you going on about? It is completely possible to mine crypto coins on mobiles phones to a certain degree and not impossible as you say. Take Electroneum for example. They follow a process known as simulated mining where their app mines the coin and the mobile does not do any work. Big companies like Samsung have already found ways to combine the power of multiple mobiles for mining.

ZaynDale

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 06:49:01 PM

New smartphone have very good hash power. The probel is the battery. You waste like 1% per minute when you cpu mining. If you want to get rich you have to invent a crypto that take advantage of the number of smartphone to securise your blockchain. Of course with no PoW Wink

We don't have to, because Samsung already made it for us. They've made a number of old phone Samsung Galaxy S5s that each phone will share each power to produce enough power to solve crypto difficulty and can earn enough money to cover all the expenses like electricity etc.
These setup has been remodeled and refined so that soon enough people can do mining using their phone but not what we are expecting that we're going to use our phone as daily basis and at the same time we're going to run an App that will mine while our phone is working.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ZaynDale

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 07:03:47 PM

A good idea. In most countries, people can only buy themselves a mobile phone. They do not have the money for a full-fledged computer.

So, you're thinking that phone alone can mine a crypto then you're wrong. There's no phone Application today that actually gives you a coin through mining but those phone that were talking about are dedicated miners, the number of phone not less than a dozen and that is grouped together and working 24/7 with each attached power cables on,  the OS were modified to  maximize the RAM and power to meet the required processing power to solve mining difficulty.
That's how phone perform as dedicated miner, but we can't use our phone to mine crypto and at the same time we'll use it as daily use.

raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:25:08 PM

Mining on mobile Phone is very possible. we can use old phone to mine generated blocks that miners use. but i saw some ICO that will implement mining on phones. like Electroleum but for sure it will be a long term mining more development in the long run..
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:30:29 PM

New smartphone have very good hash power. The probel is the battery. You waste like 1% per minute when you cpu mining. If you want to get rich you have to invent a crypto that take advantage of the number of smartphone to securise your blockchain. Of course with no PoW Wink

Not only does battery life get depleted fast, but you're essentially ruining your battery in the long run.
We have care on the battery that can be used for mining because if you take this it may have the waste of time if you try to mine on your mobile even though there such a mobile that can do that but for me its not applicable to use. If there is a phone that can be made a long battery life then the price is you can buy a set of pc then dont waste you time for it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:17:34 PM

A good idea. In most countries, people can only buy themselves a mobile phone. They do not have the money for a full-fledged computer.

So, you're thinking that phone alone can mine a crypto then you're wrong. There's no phone Application today that actually gives you a coin through mining but those phone that were talking about are dedicated miners, the number of phone not less than a dozen and that is grouped together and working 24/7 with each attached power cables on,  the OS were modified to  maximize the RAM and power to meet the required processing power to solve mining difficulty.
That's how phone perform as dedicated miner, but we can't use our phone to mine crypto and at the same time we'll use it as daily use.
I did not say that people should now just mine on their phones. The idea itself is promising. The power and number of phones is growing and this power can theoretically be used.
But modern batteries do not contribute to mining on the phone.
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:59:01 PM

VeriumReserve is a CPU-only coin. If there was a good mobile miner client that lended itself to a good pool, that would be suuuper legit....
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:10:28 PM

It is not possible untill now,even pos on mobile phone was not possible,one of reasons is that sim card is to much fragile

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Jack353

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:18:00 PM

The concept is amazing and I, as well as MANY others would be very interested! But, it faces a huge problem... desktops. Someone will always find a way to mimic their phone on their computer and use their computer's hash power to 'destroy' the network. The only way that I see as possibly stopping this would be to put a limit on the hashing power which one device can contribute, but this sort of ruins it as well...

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

This is a very interesting topic, because smartphone CPU's are becoming more and more powerful, so combined mobile hash rate will soon be the biggest hash rate on the planet.
For a coin to be minable, though, it will have to be GPU and ASIC resistant.
There are not a lot of such coins. The ones I know are Vertcoin (ASIC res), Groestlcoin and VeriumReserve. I like the last one.
lakimens

Activity: 392

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:25:01 PM

Why is this still a thing? If you think about it, you'll realize that you're either gonna burn off your phone or you're gonna kill your battery.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:26:53 PM

Would you be interested in a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain that can easily be mined on both android and iOS phones?

Are you talking about Electroneum? Is it safe for the phone to be used in mining?
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:21:46 PM

I think this is a good idea, every time people see the mobile phone and if used for mining would be useful, maybe now there is no mobile phone that has a high specification for mining, but one day will be available.
Coinscouting

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

Electroneum is doing this, but it is a stimulated mining experience as mobile phones do not have the capability to mine at the moment.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:16:04 AM

Would you be interested in a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain that can easily be mined on both android and iOS phones?
Mining on mobile is really a good ideal. If you are interested, start the project. I fully support you and also interested to participated in it.
Rabby637

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:28:05 AM

How to mine by mobile phone?
prettybuds (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:56:26 AM

How to mine by mobile phone?

There doesn't seem to be any coin that really supports this yet. Electroneum advertised this idea but they don't have a working implementation as far as I can see.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:22:22 AM

Electroneum is doing this, but it is a stimulated mining experience as mobile phones do not have the capability to mine at the moment.

there many mining apps for mobile lately not just electroneum but all of them arent just profitable and probably will damage your phone because mining in a mobile is not just good as mining on an actuall mining hardware or mining rigs for pc.  this is just another gimmick to attract the public and get alot of attention as much as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: