Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:50:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's?  (Read 15519 times)
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:38:19 PM

ico is one way for new companies to get funding from the public.
and an effective way to earn capital ..
So the success of ico should be seen from the background of the project, the purpose of the project, which handles it, as well as the implementation time of ico etc.

If all the above explanations do not exist, it's a scams, and stuck in a dark investment

jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:38:37 PM

Safe as it if you are going to receive the tokens? Yes I would say pretty safe. Now if the tokens are going to be worth something in a year, thats not something you can count on. It is a strange market, and it will only get stranger, before normal.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:39:50 PM

When you buy ICO. You are investing into a start up. The growth of the start up will determine the value market will place on it.

Greedy_bear

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:44:40 PM

Definetely not safe. Nothing is really safe anyway, but ICOs carry a really great risk. Also, a particular project may be safe, having good backing, but generally no one protects you in this except your own wits.
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

how will you say something is safe, are the bank deposits safe? there is still a risk that bank failure, so there is no safe 100% percent actually, only if the profits worth the risk will people do invest
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

You must consider studying the project and the developers of the project. Since ICO is as investment, it is very risky. But you cannot win if you wont take a risk. The thing is, most ICO are ending successful actually but most tokens of the ICO dumps in exchange.
DrToken

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

this is a kind of rhetorical question, I think. ICO it's only one way to make capital. that the form itself is no worse than others, the only prominent disadvantage - there is no regulation. So you should to be careful just like with the other way to invest your money. Read the WP, blogs, Reddit, reviews, look how they did road map, how professional is their team
jules-jules

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:42:14 PM

It's a completely unregulated market. Wild West capitalism at its best. You're essentially giving your money to complete strangers. That being said, tell me about another investment opportunity where you can easily triple or quadruple your money if you due your due diligance and pick the projects worth investing. It's new, and it's absolutely exciting!
CoinSavvy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:51:05 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Yes, there are many ICOs, and the great part of them may turn out to be scams. So, you need to do the due diligence about any ICO you're gonna invest into, otherwise, it's a risk and the fifty-fifty chance that your investment would bring profit (or not).
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:56:44 PM

Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

It is a risky market. Participate at your own risk because not all of this ICO are real projects. Some of them are just scams to make quick money. There are good projects in ICO but you have to choose wisely.
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

It depends and how much? don't spend too much like top world earners always say don't put all your eggs in one basket and ICO's is the same and it might be a big risk because of the ico now after adding to the exchange the sewuence was a downtrend of the price below the ICO.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:27:42 PM

You need to do proper due diligence before investing in any altcoin ico. I now prefer to look for tokens that will have a use or a token that gives me a reward for holding it. This way I have an incentive to hold it even during the most uncertain of times. Like recently with all the dumps because of the China News and other bad news, I was tempted to liquidate some coins but I didn't and now am glad that I did not do that. Just look for coins and tokens that show promise and in the end it will pay off big time, or at least I hope so.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

it is still safe if you can find some good ICO like Centra then put all your money in it. Cheesy
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:34:46 PM

This a mind of great question but you should need to know what is history of ico. ICO it is a company system but many company not success in your coin. That means ico investment is very risky if ico failed and you lose your money that means those coin is scam.
Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:02:32 PM

It is safe only if you are participate of bounty campaign of ICO's But if you want to invest there will always be risks. You will never have a confidence for your money. Howewer big part of ICO's are profitable, you just need to find good one.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:07:06 PM

It is not safe completely to invest in ICO, there are so many scammed attempts and victim from the ICO, so you need to be sure before you buy ICO,do you research and asked for people opinion, and dont hoped too much in ICO, to become as good as bitcoin it will need at least 5 to 10 years
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:14:02 PM

most of the ICOs are profitable and have a bright future but some is scam
so be careful before investing, read whitepaper and watching who manager, whos behind the project
like team and sponsor  Cheesy
I think they need to provide more legal information so that investors can safely invest in ICO projects because without it, 80% of that project would certainly be fraud and we would be wrong in investing ICO
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:15:17 PM

There are various cases, some coins might go much higher in the markets, and some coins might dump below ICO price, about the next bitcoin, it wo'nt come from new ICO, it will come from the markets, ethereum made it, and some coins are on the way.
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:19:07 PM

There are various cases, some coins might go much higher in the markets, and some coins might dump below ICO price, about the next bitcoin, it wo'nt come from new ICO, it will come from the markets, ethereum made it, and some coins are on the way.
i think next bitcoin may never be seen again, bitcoin is a belief to many people, but the later coins may only be profits, they will turn to another high profit coin easily
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:21:10 PM

if you want to participate in an ICO, in this case investing by buying the ICO tokens at token sale, you should first do some research on the ICO, so you know and believe that the ICO is not a scam

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: