Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest now or wait a while?  (Read 7962 times)
Thamos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

Hey guys, my name is Thamos and I'm fairly new to Bitcoin. I've been reading up on Bitcoin for like, only, 2/3 weeks now. I was already planning on investing but I wanted to have a bit more knowledge about it all. I guess now I do.

I was just wondering, seeing how Bitcoin's price has increased by a lot over the last couple days, when would be best for me to hop in the pool. Should I buy now or should I wait till the price drops (even if it's only by a small percentage)?

I'm just looking for some advice. Thanks a lot!
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:33:51 AM

Hi Thamos (from Greece?). Welcome here.
We ve all been through the same question. Should I buy now or is it too high?

One reason to buy bitcoins are a valuable asset is that only 21 million of them will ever come into the world. and most of them are already here. the number of coins created by the mining process drops by half every few years. Right now, around 80% of all bitcoins are already mined and no new ones will appear after the year 2040. This scarcity could continue to drive up demand, especially if, as has been rumored, central banks decide to start buying them as foreign currency reserves.

Another reason for me to buy is that Bitcoin has similar charachteristics as gold, in the sense that the value is not controlled by governments.

That being said, you should have in mind that over 8 years, bitcoin has been prone to brutal crashes too. In 2013 it went on a run to over $1,100 only to tank to $700 a few months later, and crashed to $200 in 2015. There is no reason this couldn’t happen again.

I recommend you to watch Youtube videos, learn about it, get your opinion on the pros and cons, and make your choice Wink
Just don't invest more than you can afford to lose. Smiley
ZedMain

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

Welcome Thamos

I think that you should invest now. Bitcoin has increased a lot i think that it will increase even more. You should invest now and wait for it to reach 10k dollars. If it reaches that you should sell it.

This will make you have more money. You can then invest again in btc.
ZaineJJ

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:40:49 AM

I think u should invest now . Why ? The price is spiking up in next few years it's gonna worth alot more.
I regretted I didn't buy bitcoins when I knew them at 2015 so it's not too late now
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:43:39 AM

That is one of the top questions which many us ask on a regular basis, you can see how much it has increased over the last month, is it the right time to buy, will it drop once I buy and if I don't buy now and it goes up 10 or 25% will I have missed the boat.

It really is down to your finances, if you can afford to invest now and be okay with it dropping which will only be temporary then go ahead and invest, long term if you invest now you will be happy.
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:44:24 AM

You should definitely invest, but not exactly now. Bitcoin is at an all time high, and no one knows how long the momentum will last. Wait for it to dip a little bit. Somewhere below $5000 should be pretty safe.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:45:45 AM

I dont think it is the right time to invest.Bitcoin's price has reached 5800$ which is its all time high value . So you should wait for it's price to drop.If you want to invest now, i  will suggest you to wait for 1 or 2 weeks .A correction will be made which will bring down the price approximately to 4500-5000$. I think that will be the right time for you to invest
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:46:49 AM

Hey guys, my name is Thamos and I'm fairly new to Bitcoin. I've been reading up on Bitcoin for like, only, 2/3 weeks now. I was already planning on investing but I wanted to have a bit more knowledge about it all. I guess now I do.

I was just wondering, seeing how Bitcoin's price has increased by a lot over the last couple days, when would be best for me to hop in the pool. Should I buy now or should I wait till the price drops (even if it's only by a small percentage)?

Welcome to the forum, we'll it's a wise idea to invest in Bitcoin, if only you had taken action and invested already in Bitcoins, you could have made a killing, right now it's high, so my advice would be buy small, buy everyday, in case a major dip comes, buy more, this way you'll make a nice average. That's the best advice I can give you say fix 50 - 100$ and keep on buying, but remember every transactions incurs fees, use electrum wallet that's the best, they say coinbase.com intra transfer does not incur fees not sure now how it works, but people have trust issues with it, so I would recommend electrum, and always pay perfect fees, otherwise your transactions could be stuck, start your investment today. Hold for the long term.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:48:17 AM

There are many things need to consider if you will invest
The best time to buy btc was when the china thing and the price of coins droped to 3k it was the best time to buy if you plan to buy with money and hold or invest in related bitcoin business. I think there will be another drop and I will take that as opportunity if ever..

Bitcoin is proffitable if you know hkw it works and make it more even bigger.. holding it also makes different but your coins is just sleeping .. you can have alt and bitcoins free in sig campaign it is the best way I think for now
hunterkrypto

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:54:28 AM

you should wait for a low price or after bitcoin gold appear before investing in case you incur losses, but if in your heart this is the right time please invest but do not do it if under 1 btc
yang13

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:00:39 AM

I think you should wait a bit,but no more than two weeks,just keep an eye on.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:03:43 AM

It's never to late to invest in Bitcoin . I am a person who believes that one day 1 Satoshi will be equal to 1 USD so it's never to late in invest . But you have to be fairly rich already to make huge profits from Bitcoin. Better is to earn Bitcoins rather than buying and waiting for a long time.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:04:42 AM

Invest before the fork and move to your private wallet. You will get some free coins with little to no work, in the long run surely will be worth.

Wait for a dip is risky because it might never happen or you may miss it.
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:04:48 AM

If you don't own any bitcoin you should buy some... At least so much you can say you are ''in'' this. But don't buy for all the FIAT you have.
I advise you to buy some BTC every week/month regardless the price. But you should always have some FIAT prepared in case of dips.

It's never to late to invest in Bitcoin . I am a person who believes that one day 1 Satoshi will be equal to 1 USD so it's never to late in invest . But you have to be fairly rich already to make huge profits from Bitcoin. Better is to earn Bitcoins rather than buying and waiting for a long time.

If you compare market caps of gold and Bitcoins (21 mil) you can calculate that 1 BTC should be worth a bit less then 1 million $. So 100 less then your prediction.
But this is correct for today's value of dollar. Once governments aka banks will start printing money to buy BTC and other cryptos dollars value will go to 0.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
WeAreSpaco

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:25:30 AM

Both choices are up to you! if you can bear the fluctuation.......
coindose

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:27:28 AM

If I was in your spot, I wouldn't really invest in BTC right now as it's at an all time high and it got there because of the fork. I'd really have a look at altcoins though and if there's something you like and believe in, this is the time to get in.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:35:54 AM

in my years of being a bitcoin hodelr and a bitcoin user i have seen this question many times. there is always someone asking the exact same thing.

"price went up, should i invest"
the answer is always the same, this is just a start. price will continue to go up a lot more than this.
join the BitcoinHodlers and HODL for long term. you will earn a lot of profit.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:37:16 AM

This is thamos, do you know how many millions of bitcoins are today? Few suggestions from me, bitcoin only a few million. Of course this is very profitable, given the fewer the number of bitcoin and more and more people who need it. then the bitcoin price will be more expensive. This is a very good moment, you just have to wait until bitcoin prices go down (albeit a small percentage) but good, invest because bitcoin will be more expensive than now.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:53:38 AM

Even bitcoin is the best investment as of now, you need to wait a while and study the chart if it shows some strong indication that it will have a good foundation for the price of bitcoin. Wait a while and don't be greedy so you can have a calm and good thinking about your investment if you are really into it or you are just getting hyped by the investors that made a lot of profit or the price that pumped up so high.
etraderhart

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:16:11 PM

There really isn't a perfect time to invest in Bitcoin. It's volatility will decide its value; it depends on the community of users.
I suggest that you start learning about bitcoin as early as today; how it works, global updates, and how to analyze the charts.
Best to learn all this things before all 21M BTC is mined.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: