Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I never bought altcoins  (Read 13782 times)
yonton (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:25:43 AM

Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:36:14 AM

oh man, it can't be that bad

just wait a few weeks, BTC will dip back down, capital will flow from BTC back into alt coins... 

little time heals all
yonton (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:38:17 AM

just wait a few weeks, BTC will dip back down, capital will flow from BTC back into alt coins... 

little time heals all
Well actually the alt market has been dropping vs bitcoin for 4-5 months look at the top 20 coins and zoom out
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:43:29 AM

little time heals all
Well actually the alt market has been dropping vs bitcoin for 4-5 months look at the top 20 coins and zoom out
Well you bought at a bad time, we have all made that mistake once but do not try to correct one mistake with another buying bitcoin with your alts, that is going to be a bad idea, you are going to lose money and then there is no guarantee that bitcoin goes higher, I know it can be hard watching another coin pumping but you have no other choice but to hold even for years if necessary until you recover your losses.
yonton (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:44:46 AM

Ive been holding for 4-5 months and all my alts are way down vs bitcoin nothing but down. All top alts too.
cau

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:46:48 AM

Well though its tough to see red in portfolio, just switch your mode from satoshi to dollars. That consoles me at least, definitely not bad in USD, cheers  Wink Wink
hadoop

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:49:38 AM

Ive been holding for 4-5 months and all my alts are way down vs bitcoin nothing but down. All top alts too.

dont worry we all burned on it....very first i started ...i used to shuffle my coins/with fear of missing..etc...big lessons learned ....what i noticed is any fuking coin u think went down will bounce back to smae price if you wait...at that time if you did not see much potential on u r holding...just sell it at least on the buy price....i learned it hardway by loosing some XXXX....

if you have good potential coins in u r portfolio best options is to wait....i fallowing below mantras and sitting tight....opcourse below apply only when u have good coins in ur kitty......

The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient. – Warren Buffett

You get recession, you have market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you’re not ready, you won’t do well in the markets. – Peter Lynch

Flapjackz

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:54:31 AM

LOL. Im sorry for your loss but the first wave of btc rising should've been a warning for you.
Once BTC hits $4800, its not going to simply stop at $4800 if you look at the historical price of btc, it hit 5k shortly after it fell down but given the momentum we see here, its definetely passing the resistance and going beyond there.
Atleast the alts are coming back stronger than ever

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:55:15 AM

Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.
You may choose bad coin and that was your own fault and this was shame to blame altcoin with your own fault. Why don't you just invest in the bitcoin? So i made a lot of money from the recent ico just like kyber and vibehub. That was your choice dude.

joshuajones02

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:57:15 AM

alts are going to explode after the fork, may even be before then while people are taking profits from new ATH and buying cheap alt coins.. this is good though, lots of money coming back to the cryptomarket.. Looks like people want free BTG

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
yonton (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:04:24 AM

You may choose bad coin and that was your own fault and this was shame to blame altcoin with your own fault. Why don't you just invest in the bitcoin? So i made a lot of money from the recent ico just like kyber and vibehub. That was your choice dude.
Like I said I chose all top altcoins lol Including ethereum etc. Not sure why your saying I choose bad coin, they're all down but of coarse 1 in a 100 people will say they picked all the right coins because they are genius.
javelot

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:04:39 AM

Altcoin have to outperformed bitcoin to be worth it. It certainly happened in august, september not so much.
muraqaba

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:12:02 AM

yeah they dont seem to be worth it unless you can get in early. lisk is one of the few up for me. i got in at a decent time on ethereum and litecoin this year to when it hit coinbase to but now they are stable and bitcoin is where it is at for the time being.

i was telling my brother to invest in bitcoin since august but he just resisted. saying ethereum would be a better investment because microsoft supports it. i understand the value ethereum will have and maybe some of the other alt coins but it all starts in bitcoin. you start in bitcoin first. thats what he didnt understand.

i did make some nice profit off some of the altcoins so im not in total agreement with op. it just seems we have hit a saturation point with alt coins unless you get lucky and find that diamond in a rough.
yonton (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:17:03 AM

If you were in before the spring boom you love altcoins. If you got in after you hate them. Alts blew up in march after the ETF denial and tapered off in june. 
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 04:21:09 AM

If you were in before the spring boom you love altcoins. If you got in after you hate them.
Yes!
If you have bought any altcoins after spring then you are at loss. I faced some losses in alts but I successfully dumped all of my altcoins for BTC when it was around $2500. Now altcoins losses are also covered BTC and I did recieve Bitcoincash which I exchanged to BTC when it's price was higher.

3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:26:21 AM

This is the reason why I stopped buying old alts. Everything is going down since 4 months against BTC even ETH/BTC is half of its way down since 4 months but we don't notice this as we prefer to see USD value instead of BTC.
Best suggestion is to multiply your BTC by participating in promising ICOs

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 04:30:22 AM

Alts will hopefully recover after forks. Now everybody just want some new bitcoin coins, and selling their alts. Bad times for altcoins.

nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:31:20 AM

I don't think alts suck altogether but you definitely have a point dude and if people say the opposite they don't understand what you say or don't understand numbers. At least I can't stand any more all the bs about holding long-term. The only portfolio worth the long-term is BTC with some ETH. Stop. Alts can be excellent means for speculation but only as long as you jump off boat at the right time. Hitting the right time is what makes faffing with alts profitable or a waste of time. Hard truth but truth, all the rest is hot air to fool the goons.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:36:37 AM

it is all Red https://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC

I think is time to buy more. Bitcoin Gold will be a disaster. The thing would be with 2x. If 2x just give-up, BTC will go to 10k before December.
jaitor

Activity: 227

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:38:21 AM

Now if ever is the time to buy altcoins.
Why wouldnt you sell altcoins into bitcoin when you see the strong move that btc made on its first leg of the wave?
It was a warning to everyone. Investing in alts would definitely pay off later on.
Buy them now. If you have them, think about the buyer's mentality, they would definitely pick some up at this point so dont sell.
HODL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: