Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:59:34 PM

Hey, so I read ANC is planning on adapting the zerocoin protocol. This is great and I like the direction this is going.

Question: have you guys decided, how the trusted setup is going to be executed, or are you planning on using the original RSA keys? More broadly: which direction are you planning to go with this?

With Zcash planning to do a widely distributed trusted setup, do you maybe plan to piggyback on them in some way?

Or, even though this may be a moral grey area at best and pretty sure illegal in any sense, what are your thoughts on hiring a botnet to have them execute the trusted setup?

Any thoughts?

I'm no Slack person, so if anyone is interested in these questions as well, feel free to copy/paste them Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredericos

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:34:27 PM

Things are really starting to happen Smiley

oyvkva

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:37:19 PM

Just hold guys, don´t market such a great gold coin for this cost - it's undervalued, with a larger market limit - the larger wil be the returns, devs simply need to make a much better picture of the projecet, support is great

I'm not completely sure what you mean, but basically we are focusing on development first and then marketing afterwards. We need people to know about the coin and use it after all.

[/quote]
Hey, so I read ANC is planning on adapting the zerocoin protocol. This is great and I like the direction this is going.

Question: have you guys decided, how the trusted setup is going to be executed, or are you planning on using the original RSA keys? More broadly: which direction are you planning to go with this?

With Zcash planning to do a widely distributed trusted setup, do you maybe plan to piggyback on them in some way?

Or, even though this may be a moral grey area at best and pretty sure illegal in any sense, what are your thoughts on hiring a botnet to have them execute the trusted setup?

Any thoughts?

I'm no Slack person, so if anyone is interested in these questions as well, feel free to copy/paste them Smiley

Next version is being worked on, roadmap for discussion here: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/issues/3

In regards to your other questions, we are exploring alternatives to Zerocoin currently. Some more information in this announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg23383783#msg23383783

And too bad you're not a Slack person, there is a lot of people discussing things there Smiley
ttookk

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:54:49 PM

Just hold guys, don´t market such a great gold coin for this cost - it's undervalued, with a larger market limit - the larger wil be the returns, devs simply need to make a much better picture of the projecet, support is great

I'm not completely sure what you mean, but basically we are focusing on development first and then marketing afterwards. We need people to know about the coin and use it after all.

Any thoughts?

Next version is being worked on, roadmap for discussion here: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/issues/3

In regards to your other questions, we are exploring alternatives to Zerocoin currently. Some more information in this announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg23383783#msg23383783

And too bad you're not a Slack person, there is a lot of people discussing things there Smiley

I guess I just might have to become one, because I was trying to build the wallet on linux for hours and failed (aaaaand missed out on sub 5000 sat ANC Sad ). This is probably not the right thread for in-depth technical troubleshooting, though.

The way I understand it, zerocoin is sound technology, as long as you manage to get the trusted setup right. Zcash is working on a setup with a theoretically arbitrary large number of participants. Something like that might just do the trick.
ttookk

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:32:40 AM

I guess I just might have to become one, because I was trying to build the wallet on linux for hours and failed (aaaaand missed out on sub 5000 sat ANC Sad ). This is probably not the right thread for in-depth technical troubleshooting, though.

The way I understand it, zerocoin is sound technology, as long as you manage to get the trusted setup right. Zcash is working on a setup with a theoretically arbitrary large number of participants. Something like that might just do the trick.

Ok, let's try it regardless.

Any Linux cracks in the house?

I think I found the problem, but don't know how to solve it: Linux starts to compile the code with gcc, but then runs into problems when C++ code shows up. How can I force Linux to use g++?
CheatingBIossom

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:17:02 AM

Where can I discover infos about masternode? can somebody explaine me the way they function?....shall we be held nevertheless in time for great gains?
hipsterretspih

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:58:26 AM

has processor-pool.org discovered any obstructs?
skinnynegligible

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

Just finished reading the white paper. This actually seems like a really cool idea. 
conceptbuff

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Where can I find ur WP??
ttookk

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:49:46 AM

Ok, let's try it regardless.

Any Linux cracks in the house?

I think I found the problem, but don't know how to solve it: Linux starts to compile the code with gcc, but then runs into problems when C++ code shows up. How can I force Linux to use g++?

Tried again, still no luck. Grrrr, this drives me mad…
pool77520

Activity: 602
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

How correctly to adjust a purse? downloaded from the github, after the launch closes
oyvkva

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:16:03 PM

New Slack link: https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjcxMzUxMjk5ODYwLTU0OTJhNmIxNzYyY2JiMzUxOGZhMjYzNmQ3YmViNWM1OWIxZGNlMGY0Zjg1NzdhMDAyZmRiYTFhNTM1OWZiYTU (The previous expired)

Ask your questions and we'll help you out as much as we can.  Smiley I'm not sure what a lot of you here are asking, there are no masternodes or relevant whitepapers currently.
Hello_Bubble_World

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:51:39 PM

What is the date of ICO?
ICO? kids...

FYI: Here is what the Big Wiki has to say about ICO? kids...

Initial coin offering (ICO) is an unregulated and controversial means of crowdfunding via use of cryptocurrency,[1] which can be a source of capital for startup companies.[2] In an ICO a percentage of the newly issued cryptocurrency is sold to investors in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. The term may be analogous with 'token sale' or crowdsale, which refers to a method of selling participation in an economy, giving investors access to the features of a particular project starting at a later date. ICOs may sell a right of ownership or royalties to a project, in contrast to an initial public offering which sells a share in the ownership of the company itself. According to Amy Wan, a partner at Trowbridge Sidoti LLP practicing crowdfunding and syndication law, "The coin in an ICO is a symbol of ownership interest in an enterprise—a digital stock certificate, if you will."[3] In contrast to initial public offerings (IPOs), where investors gain shares in the ownership of the company, for ICOs the investors buy coins of the company, which can appreciate in value if the business is successful.[4][5] At least 400 ICOs have been conducted as of August 2017.[6] Ethereum is (as of August 2017) the leading blockchain platform for ICOs with more than 50% market share.[7] The Ethereum network ICOs have resulted in considerable phishing, Ponzi schemes, and other scams, accounting for about 10% of ICOs.[8][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_coin_offering

Scams only about 10%  Huh?
fredericos

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:19:37 PM

Anoncoin is an old and stable coin, no ICO planned.
Buy from exchanges Smiley

And join slack:
https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjcxMzUxMjk5ODYwLTU0OTJhNmIxNzYyY2JiMzUxOGZhMjYzNmQ3YmViNWM1OWIxZGNlMGY0Zjg1NzdhMDAyZmRiYTFhNTM1OWZiYTU

And did you guys also notice the new website is released?
Quite impressive development team.
https://anoncoin.net/

oyvkva

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:30:27 PM

Yep, the new website just went live. We're still working on it however and would be awesome to have help with writing articles, blog posts, and other stuff. You can contribute to the website on Github: https://github.com/anoncoin/anoncoin-website

I also think the design can be improved, cool if a designer would like to help out with that  Smiley
scutkippy

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:50:24 AM

Right now, at what stage is your project?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:27:02 AM

Yep, the new website just went live. We're still working on it however and would be awesome to have help with writing articles, blog posts, and other stuff. You can contribute to the website on Github: https://github.com/anoncoin/anoncoin-website

I also think the design can be improved, cool if a designer would like to help out with that  Smiley
we had a nice design, could have adopted it...

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
HPt

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:56:49 PM

This is a short announcement on behalf of me, Meeh and a couple of friends who would like to work on the AnonCoin project.

TLDR;
Meeh and some other developers have started active development on Anoncoin. A new release expected in December. We have a Slack, talk with us here: https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjU3Njk3MjE3MjM1LTAwZjU5ZmEzYTc0ZTg3ZDkxMGYyY2NlNWFkZGVmOTg1MGJlNTIzOTIxZDQ1YjI4NjFkM2NkZjU5Zjg1YzQ2OTQ

Intro.
Meeh started the project years ago, I've been around and following crypto for a few years. We've been talking about it for a while, but recently we decided to get together with a few more developers to work on Anoncoin again.

The blockchain is running, people are mining, but there has not been any activity on the git repo since June 19. After the delisting on BTC38 trading volume has been very low.

Community.
We would really like to revive the project and hope to see support from the community. There have been lots of people with valuable contributions over the years. Thanks to everyone, and especially the people who have kept the project alive for the last few years!

We will be active on both slack and IRC2P moving forwards. Hopefully, we can also manage to bring the Anoncoin Reddit back to life, it's a good place for new people to learn about the project. A new website is also being worked on.

All of this is suggestions and ideas. We want to hear from everyone with an interest in Anoncoin what they would like to see. We really want to see this project succeed and believe there is a huge potential, especially at this time with Bitcoin making new ATHs over and over and media is writing about cryptocurrencies constantly.

Goals.
In the coming 2 months, we would like to update the current codebase. We are planning to use the Actor Framework. The actor model has advantages with simpler scalability and concurrency. The goal is to have a new release ready in December.

For 2018 we have big plans that we would like to discuss with the community. We would like a new codebase, possibly based on CryptoNote instead of ZeroCoin. We would also like a more egalitarian PoW mining algorithm.

We will write in more detail about development goals in a roadmap soon, but it would be really good to hear what people think first. Talk with us on Slack here: https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjU3Njk3MjE3MjM1LTAwZjU5ZmEzYTc0ZTg3ZDkxMGYyY2NlNWFkZGVmOTg1MGJlNTIzOTIxZDQ1YjI4NjFkM2NkZjU5Zjg1YzQ2OTQ

We are also at #anoncoin-dev on IRC2P.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

The announcement is correct.

I'm back with some devs.

We will start push code to github in a few days.

/Meeh
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEAREKAB0WIQSn3Actpn9JqZoSiUHhm9x0VGigZQUCWe0TgQAKCRDhm9x0VGig
ZcmIAQCHfNgQ8pdrgMqVGCJn0E2f2F7AitH87u9WcPnQ0RWpGwD/QQLZ1PnpcNM7
h/v9zXjt+vglhmMj7fQV8xMgwtUmIC0=
=saOj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

FYI (maybe of interest when thinking about privacy enhancements for Anoncoin):
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-November/015283.html
https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/1066.pdf

@Meeh You might want to proivde a correct PGP Signature.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:44:51 AM

This is a short announcement on behalf of me, Meeh and a couple of friends who would like to work on the AnonCoin project.

TLDR;
Meeh and some other developers have started active development on Anoncoin. A new release expected in December. We have a Slack, talk with us here: https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjU3Njk3MjE3MjM1LTAwZjU5ZmEzYTc0ZTg3ZDkxMGYyY2NlNWFkZGVmOTg1MGJlNTIzOTIxZDQ1YjI4NjFkM2NkZjU5Zjg1YzQ2OTQ

Intro.
Meeh started the project years ago, I've been around and following crypto for a few years. We've been talking about it for a while, but recently we decided to get together with a few more developers to work on Anoncoin again.

The blockchain is running, people are mining, but there has not been any activity on the git repo since June 19. After the delisting on BTC38 trading volume has been very low.

Community.
We would really like to revive the project and hope to see support from the community. There have been lots of people with valuable contributions over the years. Thanks to everyone, and especially the people who have kept the project alive for the last few years!

We will be active on both slack and IRC2P moving forwards. Hopefully, we can also manage to bring the Anoncoin Reddit back to life, it's a good place for new people to learn about the project. A new website is also being worked on.

All of this is suggestions and ideas. We want to hear from everyone with an interest in Anoncoin what they would like to see. We really want to see this project succeed and believe there is a huge potential, especially at this time with Bitcoin making new ATHs over and over and media is writing about cryptocurrencies constantly.

Goals.
In the coming 2 months, we would like to update the current codebase. We are planning to use the Actor Framework. The actor model has advantages with simpler scalability and concurrency. The goal is to have a new release ready in December.

For 2018 we have big plans that we would like to discuss with the community. We would like a new codebase, possibly based on CryptoNote instead of ZeroCoin. We would also like a more egalitarian PoW mining algorithm.

We will write in more detail about development goals in a roadmap soon, but it would be really good to hear what people think first. Talk with us on Slack here: https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjU3Njk3MjE3MjM1LTAwZjU5ZmEzYTc0ZTg3ZDkxMGYyY2NlNWFkZGVmOTg1MGJlNTIzOTIxZDQ1YjI4NjFkM2NkZjU5Zjg1YzQ2OTQ

We are also at #anoncoin-dev on IRC2P.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

The announcement is correct.

I'm back with some devs.

We will start push code to github in a few days.

/Meeh
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEAREKAB0WIQSn3Actpn9JqZoSiUHhm9x0VGigZQUCWe0TgQAKCRDhm9x0VGig
ZcmIAQCHfNgQ8pdrgMqVGCJn0E2f2F7AitH87u9WcPnQ0RWpGwD/QQLZ1PnpcNM7
h/v9zXjt+vglhmMj7fQV8xMgwtUmIC0=
=saOj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

FYI (maybe of interest when thinking about privacy enhancements for Anoncoin):
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-November/015283.html
https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/1066.pdf

@Meeh You might want to proivde a correct PGP Signature.

is this not a correct sig?

oyvkva

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

we had a nice design, could have adopted it...

I don’t think that fit well with the new logo colors, but if someone could use the previous website as a way to improve the current design that’d be good.
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: