Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:25:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530468 times)
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 11:04:26 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 11:58:23 PM by meeh

Did you at least planned to thank him if I haven't asked?
Do you plan to add his name in the file headers? Because, yes, he put his copyright on them.

Actually, proof of me thanking him before any of this thanks discussion started. https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/9e2b90f5054f057a1bf7510b9d94eb396d2dc58b

Also if you haven't noticed. all coins here are copies/forks of bitcoin.. Not a single one written from scratch.. So what is your problem?

eddyfitz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:25:09 PM

p2pool for anoncoin started: http://althash.com:11119/static/
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:36:10 PM

The ANC AnonLuck lottery is live. The pot is currently at 111.97 ANC which has been added to the first draw. Get your ticket(s) now at 1 ANC each for a chance to win more than 100x the stake!

The lottery website is Darknet friendly, accessible from these URLs.

i2p: http://2bevknmlz7lkma6g6dgt2qh4jpb6p7kj7h6mxogik2lyuuqi7iaq.b32.i2p/
TOR: http://dwnatg4ijethv7zj.onion/
Clearnet: http://lotto.anoncoin.net/
BitcoinBoard

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:17:15 PM

Nice to see some new developments Cheesy

Bitcoin (BTC) Adress: 1EJMCFdJMsNmp9jtSztnwu9yErRj1KAATc
Litecoin (LTC) Adress: LiTakTnY9Qv71GqQbpGpEbN39e5aQyqLGX
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:52:49 PM

420 block a day? when I sync the client, it says 10317 blocks to sync. Is this a joke??

10317 blocks = 24+ days, heavily premined??

lol, right, the OP said "Not premined, only 1000 blocks premined", and "420 blocks per day"

what a liar. Only half day (or less), that 9000+ blocks are gone?? premined? instamined? it's a crap..

Also not a shock that the person blaming lying have created a coin himself. Feel free to flame if you think it help your coin Smiley
Although this coin is moronic, that retard has been posting "premine" in the threads of every coin other than that Infnitecoin or whatever crap it's called.

well OP made a mistake in his post, and you called the peoploe who found the problem "retard"?? From what I read, you are a 100% retard, or maybe the OP himself.

To make a coin successful, honesty is the key.

this is the worst coin I've ever seen, can't you explain what happened to the 9000 blocks??
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:05:54 PM

this is the worst coin I've ever seen, can't you explain what happened to the 9000 blocks??

If you read the whole thread you will notice that it was typed wrong by me, and I corrected it. The 9000 blocks where mined within few hours/days after the release. A blockexporer will soon be up, and you can see the datestamps yourself.

Here it is:

what a liar. Only half day (or less), that 9000+ blocks are gone?? premined? instamined? it's a crap..

Sorry, typed a bit fast there. post is updated.

On the launch it was only 1000 premined. Now it's more since people have been mining a day. The retargeting is at 420 blocks, not 420 blocks per day. Thanks for noticing and sorry for the confusion.

See https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L845 for more deep-info.

arlington

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:23:14 PM

If you read the whole thread you will notice that it was typed wrong by me, and I corrected it. The 9000 blocks where mined within few hours/days after the release. A blockexporer will soon be up, and you can see the datestamps yourself.

Here it is:

On the launch it was only 1000 premined. Now it's more since people have been mining a day. The retargeting is at 420 blocks, not 420 blocks per day. Thanks for noticing and sorry for the confusion.

See https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L845 for more deep-info.

It is not the typo thing. From your code the block time is 3.42 min, and per day there are 24*60 / 3.42 = 420 blocks, there's nothing wrong there. You still did not answer what happened to the 9000 blocks?? PREMINED!!
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:23:40 PM

Working on the blockexporer now, I'm unsure if the timezone is correct, but anyway (Check time and date I posted):

It will be live shortly.

BroTroxer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:44:12 PM

Here it is:

It is not the typo thing. From your code the block time is 3.42 min, and per day there are 24*60 / 3.42 = 420 blocks, there's nothing wrong there. You still did not answer what happened to the 9000 blocks?? PREMINED!!

The coin has not been pre-mined intentionally for profit. All the blocks mined pre-launch were mainly for testing and verification. All the coins gained have been put back into supporting the growth of ANC. Even coins mined after the announced launch which are technically fair game for developers as well as other users are being given back to the project in whole as they were "easy" on low difficulty.
You can analyze the blockchain yourself using the block explorer as soon as it becomes available.
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:12:24 PM

Here it is:

Arlington, I agree with you, this is the worst coin I ever seen too. I went through some code, it is evidently done by a novice programmer:

static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 420 * 205.2; // Anoncoin: 420 blocks
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 3.42 * 60; // Anoncoin: 3.42 minutes
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

The novice programmer tries to assign a float (3.42 * 60 = 205.2) to an integer, he apparently did not know the value of nTargetSpacing is 205 and not 205.2. Magically, with the rounding, he still get 420 blocks per retarget.

Then the dev starts to play cool:

int64 nActualTimespanMax = ((nTargetTimespan*99)/70);
    int64 nActualTimespanMin = ((nTargetTimespan*70)/99);

instead of using the factor 4 in the original Litecoin code, the dev used sqrt(2) as the factor of adjustment. In normal coins, the initial diff adjustment is big, usually at least by a factor of 128. Even with 4 it caused a lot of instaminings. That's why coins like Luckycoin etc added accelerated diff adjusting (using a factor much bigger than 4).

With this stupid sqrt(2), it slows 4 times the diff adjustment even compared to Litecoin. To make 128 times adjustment, it needs 14 retargets: (sqrt(2))^14 = 128. The retarget time for this coin is 3.42 min * 420 = 24 hrs. This means that this coin needs 14 block days to adjust its diff to a level that is comparable to its design! What a fail! this will cause huge instaminings in between, and make this coin completely useless.

So Arlington, the 9000 blocks missing could be premined, or instamined, we can see it in blockbrowser. but in any case, this coin is completely worthless. I am sure there will be other code glitches, but I have no interests to do debugging and code review there, lol  Grin Grin Grin

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:20:57 PM

Here it is:

Arlington, I agree with you, this is the worst coin I ever seen too. I went through some code, it is evidently done by a novice programmer:

The novice programmer tries to assign a float (3.42 * 60 = 205.2) to an integer, he apparently did not know the value of nTargetSpacing is 205 and not 205.2. Magically, with the rounding, he still get 420 blocks per retarget.

instead of using the factor 4 in the original Litecoin code, the dev used sqrt(2) as the factor of adjustment. In normal coins, the initial diff adjustment is big, usually at least by a factor of 128. Even with 4 it caused a lot of instaminings. That's why coins like Luckycoin etc added accelerated diff adjusting (using a factor much bigger than 4).

With this stupid sqrt(2), it slows 4 times the diff adjustment even compared to Litecoin. To make 128 times adjustment, it needs 14 retargets: (sqrt(2))^14 = 128. The retarget time for this coin is 3.42 min * 420 = 24 hrs. This means that this coin needs 14 block days to adjust its diff to a level that is comparable to its design! What a fail! this will cause huge instaminings in between, and make this coin completely useless.

So Arlington, the 9000 blocks missing could be premined, or instamined, we can see it in blockbrowser. but in any case, this coin is completely worthless. I am sure there will be other code glitches, but I have no interests to do debugging and code review there, lol  Grin Grin Grin
inb4 it's just the beginning, I just wanted to bring the awesome tor feature, I didn't focus on the code eyecandiness, but you will see, my code will be super cool, soon™

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
arlington

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:26:13 PM

Here it is:

So Arlington, the 9000 blocks missing could be premined, or instamined, we can see it in blockbrowser. but in any case, this coin is completely worthless. I am sure there will be other code glitches, but I have no interests to do debugging and code review there, lol  Grin Grin Grin
inb4 it's just the beginning, I just wanted to bring the awesome tor feature, I didn't focus on the code eyecandiness, but you will see, my code will be super cool, soon™

so jack, it's your code? lol  Shocked

and thanks dreamhouse, you are evidently an expert!
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

Thanks for making it clear dreamhouse. And yes, that's what happen, instamining. I see the flaw now, and that the code need to be reviewed.

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:43:26 PM

Thanks for making it clear dreamhouse. And yes, that's what happen, instamining. I see the flaw now, and that the code need to be reviewed.
thanks for your positive altitude  Grin
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 09:48:18 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 11:43:14 PM by meeh

thanks for your positive altitude  Grin

I have no problems to admit when I'm wrong or have done a fuckup. I'm just glad someone with more knowledge could learn me what my mistake was, instead of flaming Smiley I will try repair it if it's possible.

Update: A patch will be released soon after some serious code review and adjustments. The Anoncoin project will flipp protocol on a block like FeatherCoin did. More information will come the next days!

ryszardzonk

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:50:57 AM

well review of the code is surely needed. When I run it with few other apps my CPU went from 0.5% use to 100% use distributed among all the other wallets. Shutting down the anoncoin wallet brought it back to 0.5% ...
BroTroxer

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:50:34 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 11:30:08 AM by BroTroxer

well review of the code is surely needed. When I run it with few other apps my CPU went from 0.5% use to 100% use distributed among all the other wallets. Shutting down the anoncoin wallet brought it back to 0.5% ...

Are you running the wallet on Windows? Some details could be useful to shed some light on the issue.
If your are running Windows could you ship us your event viewer Application/System logs? That would be very useful as this is the first we are hearing of this issue.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:16:03 PM

Are you running the wallet on Windows? Some details could be useful to shed some light on the issue.
If your are running Windows could you ship us your event viewer Application/System logs? That would be very useful as this is the first we are hearing of this issue.

Also the parameters used to run it could be important information. Might also be interesting information in debug.log

Anyway thanks for the report, but if you can, please include more information.

WRT the instamining/premining discussion. Here, a block explorer, http://explorer.anoncoin.net/

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 10:27:06 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 10:49:40 PM by meeh

New release currently undergoing testing. If everything goes to plan there will be a new client release within the next 48 hours. This client release will be mandetory from block ~15420.

The new release will have I2P support.
New arguments:
-i2p=1 & -i2p=0 (0 per default)
New options in -onlynet
-onlynet=i2p

Some bugs have also been corrected. More on this on release time. Or read the native_i2p branch on github.

This is not a blockchain reset. Coins mined so far is not junk for the new clients.

The client will adjust from sqrt(2) to factor 8 until block 177777, then adjust down to factor 4 when speaking of diff adjustment.

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 12:17:18 AM

New release currently undergoing testing. If everything goes to plan there will be a new client release within the next 48 hours. This client release will be mandetory from block ~15420.

The new release will have I2P support.
New arguments:
-i2p=1 & -i2p=0 (0 per default)
New options in -onlynet
-onlynet=i2p

Some bugs have also been corrected. More on this on release time. Or read the native_i2p branch on github.

This is not a blockchain reset. Coins mined so far is not junk for the new clients.

The client will adjust from sqrt(2) to factor 8 until block 177777, then adjust down to factor 4 when speaking of diff adjustment.

Client updated! If you use this coin, please download the new client as soon as possible!

The client will do a switch in the difficulty adjustment at block 15420.

Windows binaries at http://anoncoin.net/
Source code at https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin
Mac OS X binaries will be released soon.

This version might require you to delete your peers.dat because of the I2P support that was added.

On windows do:
1. Open start menu, find "Run" (type it in search on Visma and newer)
2. Type %appdata%
3. Find the Anoncoin directory
4. delete peers.dat

On Linux do:
1. Open a terminal
2. Type rm -f .anoncoin/peers.dat

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: