Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

didn't someone have some of deprived's BTC addresses.  Did he move any of the bitcoins?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:29:17 AM

didn't someone have some of deprived's BTC addresses.  Did he move any of the bitcoins?

No there is still 150 BTC there, so Deprived has not run off with the funds. 

Oh what a difference a year makes as we approach the anniversary of BTCT closing.  Bitcoin to Kate Wood is now a 'hobby', John Walkin (AKA Deprived) is still an alcoholic myth, and we still have no access to our funds.   At 410 BTC, the fund is now worth just under $200,000 USD. 

PS> No dividends for Cipherbond since June.   

Windows 10, R280x * 3
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:01:50 AM

Anyone make any progress in tracking down Deprived or uncovering his rl identity?

I think this is no more relevant, as the ciphermine bond is officially worth nothing:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286634.msg8732682#msg8732682

And DMS holdings consist of 70% (?) ciphermine bonds, though even if Deprived shows up again it wouldn't matter much...
That link is the ugliest thing I have seen. Threaten shareholders to give up share and try to persuade bond holders to give up credit for some share of a new company worth nothing.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:16:57 AM

No there is still 150 BTC there, so Deprived has not run off with the funds. 

Oh what a difference a year makes as we approach the anniversary of BTCT closing.  Bitcoin to Kate Wood is now a 'hobby', John Walkin (AKA Deprived) is still an alcoholic myth, and we still have no access to our funds.   At 410 BTC, the fund is now worth just under $200,000 USD. 

PS> No dividends for Cipherbond since June.     

Since CM is defaulting on Cipherbond (through all kinds of weird semi-legal constructs it seems), I think that the value of DMS should be reduced to 150 BTC, the coin that is still available.

In the hypothetical event that Deprived would return to close the fund properly, that brings up the question of: How? Clearly the Cipherbond loss comes at the expense of SELLING holders, but when would that loss be placed in the books? A closure of the fund would, in my view, involve retroactively paying dividends based on how difficulty has changed over the past year. At some point, the 150 BTC would be gone with many dividends left unpaid.

Anyway, even in the case that the fund is closed properly, SELLING holders will be losing out on most if not all of their coin due to the default of Cipherbond. This wouldn't have been preventable by asking for an earlier redemption of the bonds, since DMS is a very large shareholder of Cipherbond and CM has been insolvent for some time.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:47:35 AM

We only need to worry about this if Deprived is back and responsive. Otherwise, 150 or 400 does not matter at all.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:23:15 AM

I wonder if Bitcoin Bounty Hunter could be of any help here Huh

NB: this post is semi-ironic
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:45:07 AM

Anyway, really nice to see this post pop up again. I almost forgot my 10+ BTC is still in the hand of Deprived.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:02:08 PM

Did anyone get any personal contact info from deprived?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:26:07 PM

Anyway, really nice to see this post pop up again. I almost forgot my 10+ BTC is still in the hand of Deprived.

Every time that I see it pop up again my heart skips a beat, but I'm afraid there's only one purpose left to it: venting
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:03:06 PM

Not that it will help get everyone's lost BTC back, but there may be some bittersweet redemption and consequences for Deprived if this story ever pans out. http://cointelegraph.com/news/112811/us-regulators-one-two-punch-sec-probes-crowdsales-fincen-takes-aim-at-exchanges

Link is discussing the SEC possibly investigating crowdsales on BitcoinTalk and using various investigatory means to track down issuers (and possibly bagholders shareholders).
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:00:15 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 03:16:00 AM by tekke

Every time that I see it pop up again my heart skips a beat, but I'm afraid there's only one purpose left to it: venting
sadly I  understand you perfectly. I took it as a very painful way to learn that even the most professional and trusted member could run away with your money.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:47:27 AM

Not that it will help get everyone's lost BTC back, but there may be some bittersweet redemption and consequences for Deprived if this story ever pans out. http://cointelegraph.com/news/112811/us-regulators-one-two-punch-sec-probes-crowdsales-fincen-takes-aim-at-exchanges

Link is discussing the SEC possibly investigating crowdsales on BitcoinTalk and using various investigatory means to track down issuers (and possibly bagholders shareholders).

The SEC is a US agency, Deprived is from the UK. Not sure how much they can do.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

I don't have the/a link or address to hand, but i thought the funds were still static, i.e. noone has run away with any money Huh
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:53:43 AM

I don't have the/a link or address to hand, but i thought the funds were still static, i.e. noone has run away with any money Huh

There are still 150BTC on 1CzJY7pVkCqDjUtycHzFgeTTbbWokqYuXo but it doesn't mean much as long as the one with the key is AWOL. He or she might just as well be dead, in rehab, jail or whatever.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:56:29 AM

He or she might just as well be dead, in rehab, jail or whatever.

Not just possible, but probable, i would say. And impossible to confirm either way without a RL name.

Multisig, multisig, multisig. 

HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:33:29 PM

Well my fellow investors here is the latest from Wood Technologies LLP:

We write to confirm that the CipherMine (‘CM’) restructure plan has been approved.

In accordance with that plan:

1.   A new entity, Ciphermine Limited, has been incorporated in the UK;

2.   The ‘share’ in the start-up crowdfunding platform CipherTrade (‘CT Share’) has been transferred to Ciphermine Limited. The CT Share has been calculated on the basis of a contribution at the relevant time by CM of USD $20,000, and equates to 10% of CipherTrade;

3.   100,000 shares in Ciphermine Limited have been allotted, and will be available for subscription based on pro rata holdings of the CM B1  ’bond’ (‘Bond’) (e.g. 1 bond = 1 share, 2 bonds = 2 shares etc);

4.   The subscription process is as follows:

a.   You will sign up for an account at ciphertrade.com (if you have not already done so);

b.   You will complete the KYC process;

c.   If you are a US citizen you will be unable to subscribe unless you can demonstrate that you are an accredited investor in compliance with US securities laws;

d.   By mid-December the number of eligible subscribers  will be assessed (‘Eligible Subscribers’) and they will be sent a subscription agreement for signature;

e.    On receipt of a signed subscription agreement, shares in Ciphermine Limited will be issued to Eligible Subscribers (‘New Shareholders’);

5.   CM’s mining assets are being sold, and will be added to an asset pool with the remaining cryptocurrency mined (which at today’s rates is worth approximately USD $10,000) (the ‘Asset Pool’). The Asset Pool will be distributed on a pro rata basis to New Shareholders;

6.   Eligible Subscribers will have a maximum of six months from the date of this communication to subscribe for shares in Ciphermine Limited (i.e. by 24 May 2015). On expiry of that period, any remaining balance in the Asset Pool will be distributed to the New Shareholders.

Finally, please note that by signing the subscription agreement, you will do so in full and final settlement of any claim you might have, or have had, against CM’s ‘shareholders’ and/or any other individual and/or legal person, arising out of or in connection with CM and/or the ‘Bond’.

Yours faithfully,
Wood Technology LLP

So maybe we will finally get this mess cleaned up.  

Windows 10, R280x * 3
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:49:24 AM

Well my fellow investors here is the latest from Wood Technologies LLP:

We write to confirm that the CipherMine (‘CM’) restructure plan has been approved.

In accordance with that plan:

1.   A new entity, Ciphermine Limited, has been incorporated in the UK;

2.   The ‘share’ in the start-up crowdfunding platform CipherTrade (‘CT Share’) has been transferred to Ciphermine Limited. The CT Share has been calculated on the basis of a contribution at the relevant time by CM of USD $20,000, and equates to 10% of CipherTrade;

3.   100,000 shares in Ciphermine Limited have been allotted, and will be available for subscription based on pro rata holdings of the CM B1  ’bond’ (‘Bond’) (e.g. 1 bond = 1 share, 2 bonds = 2 shares etc);

4.   The subscription process is as follows:

a.   You will sign up for an account at ciphertrade.com (if you have not already done so);

b.   You will complete the KYC process;

c.   If you are a US citizen you will be unable to subscribe unless you can demonstrate that you are an accredited investor in compliance with US securities laws;

d.   By mid-December the number of eligible subscribers  will be assessed (‘Eligible Subscribers’) and they will be sent a subscription agreement for signature;

e.    On receipt of a signed subscription agreement, shares in Ciphermine Limited will be issued to Eligible Subscribers (‘New Shareholders’);

5.   CM’s mining assets are being sold, and will be added to an asset pool with the remaining cryptocurrency mined (which at today’s rates is worth approximately USD $10,000) (the ‘Asset Pool’). The Asset Pool will be distributed on a pro rata basis to New Shareholders;

6.   Eligible Subscribers will have a maximum of six months from the date of this communication to subscribe for shares in Ciphermine Limited (i.e. by 24 May 2015). On expiry of that period, any remaining balance in the Asset Pool will be distributed to the New Shareholders.

Finally, please note that by signing the subscription agreement, you will do so in full and final settlement of any claim you might have, or have had, against CM’s ‘shareholders’ and/or any other individual and/or legal person, arising out of or in connection with CM and/or the ‘Bond’.

Yours faithfully,
Wood Technology LLP

So maybe we will finally get this mess cleaned up.  

================================
From the last balance sheet:
BTC Balance (BTC-TC)   0
CIPHERMINE Bonds    260.56000000
BTC Balance (Wallet)    150.79576392
Dividends (Wallet)    3.27310018
TOTAL ASSETS    414.62886410

Outstanding MINING   152575
Outstanding SELLING   152575
Outstanding PURCHASE   10479
Effective Units   163054
=================================
As we know, the CipherMine B1 is at 0.01BTC per bond when it launched. Therefore, DMS has 26056 bonds, and will be converted to 26056 shares of Ciphermine limited if this agreement is signed. In other words, 26.056% of Ciphermine limited, which at most is $30000 (or $20000?). Therefore, at best DMS will have around $7500, or 20 BTC. Less than 1/10 of its redemption value. Remember what they said?
"-- CipherMine has the right to redeem any bond in full with one month's notice to the bond holder at face value plus 12% less the number of months since issue. For example, after three months the redemtion value would be 0.0109 BTC/bond, and after 12 months the redemption value would be 0.010 BTC/bond. The redemption value will always be at least 0.010 BTC/bond."
====================================
But anyway, wish this removes the last excuse of why deprived choose to hide himself.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:42:54 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/sec-bitcoin-exchange-60000-securities-violations/   Maybe something will shake out of this

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:41:09 PM

*bump*

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:00:40 PM

*bump*

I'm afraid that the patient is brain dead Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: