Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 12:17:25 AM

The textured  background isn't as good as the solid I think.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lukeconnell

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:22:21 AM

Hello,

Luke here. I'm the person who wrote the Post "Reshaping and Re-branding iXcoin (Code named: Project Evolutio) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432578.msg4742632#msg4742632. I've read the history of this TODO thread and appreciate the feedback and exchange of ideas which have resulted from my original post

I like the concept of cryptocurrency and have been researching it for a while. It was iXcoin that caught my interest and therefore I decided to share my thoughts in the above post.

The post is not part of an attempt to "hijack" iXcoin and was merely a way for me to share my thoughts openly with the broader community. The voting on Tricider https://tricider.com/en/multiBrainstorming/CNvk is an opportunity for the community to share their suggestions and exchange thoughts in a clean designated discussion environment purpose built to share an idea, gain feedback and conduct a vote by users from the wider community without them having to sift through many discussion threads on a forum such as this.

Whilst anyone can clone Bitcoin, iXcoin has been established long enough to build a community of users and supporters who already hold the currency and I believe it has lots of potential to act as the primary cryptocurrency for certain eCommerce, Money Transfer and Fund-raising sectors.

I'm glad that I was invited to this thread to meet the community and those leading efforts to improve iXcoin. I am eager to discuss and explore options to help reshape and re-brand iXcoin into a leading cryptocurrency that operates alongside Bitcoin.

Regards, Luke.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:39:19 AM

@lukeconnell,

Welcome.

Can you give us your background?  Interests?  Education?

And finally, your long term goals for iXcoin?

I have posted all this info of myself [and pics, lol] so don't feel odd about sharing.  Normally we don't ask but you came in like a whirlwind so naturally there's gonna be more questions.

Thanks again!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:58:34 AM

@lukeconnell,

Welcome.

I have posted all this info of myself [and pics, lol] so don't feel odd about sharing.  Normally we don't ask but you came in like a whirlwind so naturally there's gonna be more questions.

Thanks again!

Hi,

I'm an office worker who also has an investment business on the side. My interests include Philosophy, Science, Economics, International Affairs and Technology. I enjoy going to restaurants or cafes, reading non fiction and playing tennis in my spare time unless its winter in which case I prefer to stay inside. I'm self educated having left school at a young age, hold a solid job and have an above average income.

I hope that provides you with a sufficient background. In this environment where most people don't use their real identities I think the fact I use my real name should be more than enough to show good intention. Ultimately, I get enjoyment out of seeing an idea grow into something tangible that serves a purpose and makes peoples lives a little easier and evens up the scales. I think cryptocurrency will be a positive impact on humanity over the longer term.

Do you have a link to the post you mentioned whereby you share your background, education and interests?

Cheers.

Regards, Luke.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:37:50 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 08:19:32 AM by Vlad2Vlad

@luke,

Ask anyone who's been here, I splattered my personal pics, trades, coin holdings, domain listings, and everything else all over this thread and other threads.  Off the top of my head I don't have the post cause there's so many.

In a nutshell, I have a banking background, most recently in risk analysis.  I have 2 BS degrees, one in economics and one in business finance, although I am not employed right now.  Speaking of which, I may need to head to San Francisco for a month to look for a job so I may have to leave the scene for a while. There's just so few finance jobs in Oregon.

I'm not a techie on any level and so I try to help in other ways; mainly raising awareness and bringing in new long term investors. I'd say half the guys here bought iXcoin cause I sold them on the long term prospects.

I think iXcoin has what it takes to go mainstream which is something only very, very few coins can claim but the masses don't yet understand this because they're not business majors but rather tech guys.

So let me be honest.  You and frictionless [money] (case in point: most techies don't know what that is) are a whirlwind I cannot grasp.  You state you're just mere average people yet your knowledge of cryptos, software, money, economics, etc., are very advanced.  I mean, money is my thing and I've learned new stuff from Friction and I have a feeling you're gonna teach me a few new things too.

That's all great, I'm so thrilled to have guys like you show up to this supposedly dead coin; it enforces my theory and convictions that smart money will soon see that iXcoin is the best bet for the future, more so than even Bitcoin.

But let me say, it leaves me wondering as to the real story, agenda and intent - when mysterious individuals whose stories just don't quite add up - show up out of the blue with such aggressive views and intentions [which I fully support & appreciate].

Alas, whatever your real story is, I'm glad you guys chose iXcoin and I will support your decisions with only few minor objections.  I want to see this coin succeed and for that it requires mainstream which means Wall Street which means things like ZeroCoin will not work; that kind of decentralized pipe dream will never exist given governments cannot risk that level of anonymity so why then focus on a fairytale when we can focus on the future:  SmartMoney.

Welcome to the jungle, brother!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:12:47 AM

@Luke,

I posted this on your reddit thread but I also wanted to post it here too since we get a lot of newbies and regulars who come here.

----------------------

My kids finally [went to bed] and let me read this stuff in peace so I was able to think about it more clearly.

One word:  BRILLIANT!

I've said that to Frictionless a few times and let me tell you, I rarely say it so I truly mean it.

Your plan is straight Business: Marketing textbook [which is why I was curious of your background and education].  Very nicely done and very professional!

The only objection I have is the name change but if you could truly sell me on a new name then I can almost guarantee you I can sell the majority but let me warn you, it would take a lot to make me agree to a name change.

I've done a lot of research on this name and it's symbolic on so many levels and on top of that I think it's a good name and very unique and it's the original coin name so you have a lot to overcome with a new name.

I look forward to seeing what you want to do next.  Like Friction, I'm sure you'll really surprise us in a very positive way.  We're very fortunate to have guys like you on our development team.  

Thanks and God bless!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:29:02 AM

@Luke,

What kind of investment business do you own?

What do you know of ETFs?  I've said since day one that bitcoin will get the public ETF and that will change everything.  So what's the natural next step then?  

Crypto-ETF 2.0.  This is one big reason I felt big banks and Wall Street would come into iXcoin.  It would be a synch to license iXcoin once Bitcoin gets the ETF because ixcoin is so close to BTC and it has been time tested whereas most alts would get denied on the unknown factor of an unproven technology since every clone is different enough to fail.

So my longer term plan is to apply for an ETF license for iXcoin which I feel firmly I can get [presuming Bitcoin is given one].  I've already been in contact with a banker and I am told it's gonna cost just over $1 million for the application process [with no guarantee of course].

I'm obviously broke and looking for a decent job but if iXcoin hits my short term [90 days] target of ~$10 then I think I will have the money and I would go ahead with the license application.

Since you own an investment business I thought this may be of interest to you.  As I'm sure you know, a competing Crypto [IXC] ETF would take iXcoin to new heights, $1,000 would be a near guarantee so that ETF application is a must do if Bitcoin is given that license the way I'm certain they will.

Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:58:15 AM

Hashrate right now? Crazy.

Bitcoin   282677   2,193,847,870.1743   13,191,506.7967
Devcoin   123576   1,238,453,165.9452   11,450,874.3893
I0coin   1026222   46,371,872.5781   2,309,768.6057
Ixcoin   186152   997,016,367.4480   11,300,125.1588
Namecoin   159192   1,546,423,251.7463   11,954,510.1583
lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 09:05:11 AM

@Luke,

I posted this on your reddit thread but I also wanted to post it here too since we get a lot of newbies and regulars who come here.

----------------------

My kids finally [went to bed] and let me read this stuff in peace so I was able to think about it more clearly.

One word:  BRILLIANT!

I've said that to Frictionless a few times and let me tell you, I rarely say it so I truly mean it.

Your plan is straight Business: Marketing textbook [which is why I was curious of your background and education].  Very nicely done and very professional!

The only objection I have is the name change but if you could truly sell me on a new name then I can almost guarantee you I can sell the majority but let me warn you, it would take a lot to make me agree to a name change.

I've done a lot of research on this name and it's symbolic on so many levels and on top of that I think it's a good name and very unique and it's the original coin name so you have a lot to overcome with a new name.

I look forward to seeing what you want to do next.  Like Friction, I'm sure you'll really surprise us in a very positive way.  We're very fortunate to have guys like you on our development team.  

Thanks and God bless!

Hi,

Thanks for your welcoming words. Do you have a first name?

Whilst I believe a name change is beneficial I respect that there is an existing community attached to it who don't feel the need to change the name. I don't have sufficient time to expel energy into something I'm unlikely to get over the line therefore I hope we can achieve a compromise and have an official name such as the Internet eXchange Coin or Internet eXchange Currency (iXcoin). It gives the iX meaning and can link to a mission or purpose of being a freely exchangeable cryptocurrency.

Regards, Luke.
lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 09:11:12 AM

Hashrate right now? Crazy.

Bitcoin   282677   2,193,847,870.1743   13,191,506.7967
Devcoin   123576   1,238,453,165.9452   11,450,874.3893
I0coin   1026222   46,371,872.5781   2,309,768.6057
Ixcoin   186152   997,016,367.4480   11,300,125.1588
Namecoin   159192   1,546,423,251.7463   11,954,510.1583

Are those numbers reflecting that around 45% of total mining power for Bitcoin is being invested into iXcoin?

Regards, Luke.
lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 09:22:55 AM

@Luke,

What kind of investment business do you own?

What do you know of ETFs?  I've said since day one that bitcoin will get the public ETF and that will change everything.  So what's the natural next step then?  

Crypto-ETF 2.0.  This is one big reason I felt big banks and Wall Street would come into iXcoin.  It would be a synch to license iXcoin once Bitcoin gets the ETF because ixcoin is so close to BTC and it has been time tested whereas most alts would get denied on the unknown factor of an unproven technology since every clone is different enough to fail.

So my longer term plan is to apply for an ETF license for iXcoin which I feel firmly I can get [presuming Bitcoin is given one].  I've already been in contact with a banker and I am told it's gonna cost just over $1 million for the application process [with no guarantee of course].

I'm obviously broke and looking for a decent job but if iXcoin hits my short term [90 days] target of ~$10 then I think I will have the money and I would go ahead with the license application.

Since you own an investment business I thought this may be of interest to you.  As I'm sure you know, a competing Crypto [IXC] ETF would take iXcoin to new heights, $1,000 would be a near guarantee so that ETF application is a must do if Bitcoin is given that license the way I'm certain they will.

It's a private holdings company. I'm aware of exchange traded funds however I believe that their involvement would be counter productive to iXcoin. It would hinder the coins ability serve low value eCommerce transactions and the remittance market.

I think an ETF for Bitcoin or a basket of Cryptocurrencies  towards Q4 of 2014 onwards would be great.

Regards, Luke
nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:18:24 AM

I really like these 2 background effects.  I think they would look great with the red color as well.  Of course we can us different backgrounds at various times.

Anybody else like these backgrounds more than others?

I really like that 1st one.

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:33:47 AM

All available logo concepts have been uploaded on to Tricider for voting across the community. https://tricider.com/en/multiBrainstorming/CNvk

Additional logo concepts will be added as new ones are shared.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:42:43 AM

All available logo concepts have been uploaded on to Tricider for voting across the community. https://tricider.com/en/multiBrainstorming/CNvk

Thanks for setting this up!   It looks like we are moving in the right direction.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:11:29 AM

Thanks luke.

We've got a lot of logos here and some varying opinions.  Chime in and let us know which one you'd prefer.  I'm pretty open myself.  Thanks.

Dexter44

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:57:53 PM

A new article, not much, better then nothing.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/383-ixcoin-ixc-sha-256-based-cryptocoin/#
Dexter44

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:30:10 PM

Vircurex + Cryptsy + HuhHuh

Did you know we have another IXC exchange?

No, it's not CEX.io.

It's C-CEX.com   Still in beta test

https://c-cex.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418700.0

Did you test it?
What is your opinion?

Can anyone subscribe, test it and express his opinion?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:51:42 PM

Question for luke and friction:

How do you plan to implement and execute things like remittances?  That's a tough business to get into.  You need a money transfer license which will cost about $1 million and that's just the beginning.

I agree IXC can be easily used for such money services but I don't see how a few guys, with barely any money, being able to execute on that business plan.

We would need a large business partner, a bank or a powerful Venture Capitalist.

So can either of you shed some light on what comes after the new website, new logo, etc.

Thanks.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:54:07 PM

Question for luke and friction:

How do you plan to implement and execute things like remittances?  That's a tough business to get into.  You need a money transfer license which will cost about $1 million and that's just the beginning.

I agree IXC can be easily used for such money services but I don't see is, a few guys, with barely any money, being able to execute on that business plan.

We would need a large business partner, a bank or a powerful Venture Capitalist.

So can either of you shed some light on what comes after the new website, new logo, etc.

Thanks.

You do it one country at a time.  You decentralize the process.

You provide freely available exchange software so that any individual in any country can create his own local exchange that follow the specific laws of the country.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 07:22:59 PM

@lukeconnell,

Welcome.

Thanks again!

luke connel owned an exchange named wselive.com in second life back in 2007. I believe luke still has a presence in second life. you can do a search on it if you like, I suppose. Hope you don't mind me sharing that with them, luke, old buddy.
Luke is a great addition to have backing ixcoin guys.

WSE?  Like World Dollars?  That's where that idea came from.

I vaguely remember hearing that WSE got hacked or something and tons of people lost everything.

But second life did a lot for cryptos.  I wish I had gotten into it back then cause then I would have noticed bitcoin much sooner.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: