Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:34:53 AM

Can we get some feedback on the pic I posted?

What do you like?  What do you hate?

It's important that we give luke as much creative feedback to use as possible.

I won't cry, I promise.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:37:45 AM

Finally, please watch that video and give your opinion.  Luke will need a lot of input to make the best decisions.

The Jason Schaumleffel video is not real inspiring.  I know you can do a better one.  Can't wait to see it.  I think Luke just put it there on the prototype website, not for the final.  If we use that video it would be best on a blog or news page just to show some third party investor interest.

Correct, I already corrected myself.

How did I get thrown into making a new video?  I would but I'm really a shy person.  And I'm not a techie at all which I think is very important for this job; just look at my attempt at creating a web-page.  lol

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:39:29 AM

I think putting Luke's road design down the center of that pic would look great.

Anybody?  Anyone?  Buehler?  Buehler?  Buehler?

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:44:50 AM

Hello Vlad. How are you? Would you like to see IXC on http://www.openex.pw?

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:52:36 AM

Hello Vlad. How are you? Would you like to see IXC on http://www.openex.pw?

I don't know anything about openX but I think any exposure is good exposure at this point so I'm gonna say:  YES....and thank you.

tazman

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:34:09 AM

How did I get thrown into making a new video?  I would but I'm really a shy person.  And I'm not a techie at all which I think is very important for this job; just look at my attempt at creating a web-page.  lol

Designing websites and doing a video are very different.  You have the gift for gab.  That's good for videos.  Just do a bit of scripting first so you have a general idea of what to say.  The Jason Schaumleffel video was too spontaneous and it showed.  You don't need to be real technical.  It's probably better that you aren't so you can speak more in layman's terms. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:58:47 AM

How did I get thrown into making a new video?  I would but I'm really a shy person.  And I'm not a techie at all which I think is very important for this job; just look at my attempt at creating a web-page.  lol

Designing websites and doing a video are very different.  You have the gift for gab.  That's good for videos.  Just do a bit of scripting first so you have a general idea of what to say.  The Jason Schaumleffel video was too spontaneous and it showed.  You don't need to be real technical.  It's probably better that you aren't so you can speak more in layman's terms.  

People always say that about me but I'm very shy, especially infront of an audience or a camera.  It took me 2 years to get into business school cause that's how it took me to find a loophole around speech 111.  Then I realized most business courses required a long power point presentation in which I was usually chosen by the group for the same reason you just cited.  Very odd, I would think my nervousness and shyness would be very apparent.

Edit:  what's your feedback on Luke's web design and the pic I put up?  What do you like and what would you like to see changed or combined?  Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:35:00 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 04:50:54 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Just as I predicted last year, Wall Street will be here this year.  And in my opinion some hedge funds have been pro active and have taken positions in Bitcoin and select sky currencies.  And I firmly believe IXC is one of them due to it's similarity to BTC and the fact it is well aged and time tested.

- Jamie Dimon might have called bitcoin a “terrible store of value” on CNBC last month, but if Barry Silbert, founder and CEO of the Bitcoin Investment Trust, is to be believed, many of the J.P. Morgan Chase chief’s peers are very keen on it.

“I can say with confidence that 2014 will be the year of Bitcoin on Wall Street,” Mr Silbert said during a conference call Tuesday to discuss themes surrounding the digital currency.

“I can’t tell you how many individuals I meet or meetings I go to where I’m asked to talk about Bitcoin, but I can tell you it involves the most senior people at the some of the largest banks and funds here on Wall Street,” he said.

"Funds here on Wall Street".  That's Hedge Funds.  I think hedge funds have been buying into IXC [and other alts] since last year.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/02/04/bitbeat-2014-is-the-year-of-bitcoin-on-wall-street-silbert-says/

Mark my words guys, millions of dollars will be made by anyone with as little as $10,000 ($1,000 last year) in alt coins this year as long as you don't sell it all too early.  Cause when Wall Street moves in it's gonna be multiple enormous waves of cash inflows; billions of dollars.  And it should all start in just a few months.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:47:59 AM

BTW, I have been writing Silbert and the Winklevoss twins - proposing them an Alt Coin basket ETF which would get easy approval and would become a must have to hedge against BTC and to also diversify ones Crypto holdings.

Not if, but when, a crypto basket is chosen I can almost guarantee IXC will be in there based on its coin liquidity, age and the fact it has a fully intact blockchain which has never died and went over 2 years and massive hashes without forking.  

iXcoin has a guaranteed spot in the coming Crypto Basket ETF and I could argue that IXC is one of very few which could get an ETF license on its own.

So be careful on any price spikes, don't sell it all cause by late this year iXcoin is gonna be a completely different animal.

tazman

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:10:56 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 06:18:06 AM by tazman

Edit:  what's your feedback on Luke's web design and the pic I put up?  What do you like and what would you like to see changed or combined?  Thanks.

Vlad's picture:  I don't think we should put another coin's logo (Bitcoin) on our home page.  It will only confuse newbies.  If and when we mention Bitcoin make sure the font is smaller than the word iXcoin.  Luke did ok on that, but I still like Friction's "The First Alternative to Bitcoin" too.

Overall I like Friction's website art and layout the most of the three (compared to yours and Luke's), but Luke has the right idea on presenting a Mission Statement, Philosophy and Principles to the reader in a clear and concise manner.  Friction's site is a bit repetative... Development Fundraising, FAQ, and Download don't ned to be explained on the lower part of the home page.  That's a better place for 1) Mission Statement, 2) Philosophy and Priciples, and our primary design feature 3) User Currencies and Smart Contracts.    

Also on Friction's site, I would leave "iXcoin" clearly spelled out in the upper left.  There's no longer any place on the home page where "iXcoin" is displayed.  It looks cool having the IXC logo's in the different colors below.  I would change how the menus are organized.  Combining Luke and Friction's menu item's, I'd suggest something like this.

Home                Social Hub           News             Services             Downloads           FAQ

Home - home page, name and logo, keep carousel to highlight features, change lower bullets to Mission Statement, Philosophy and Priciples, User Currencies and Smart Contracts

Social Hub - Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

News - for distilling and highlighting the most important information for iXcoin users who don't have time to read the social networking sites

Services - to list exchanges and stores.  This info shouldn't be buried in the FAQ's.  This would also be a good place to describe NUDC and Smart Contracts in more detail.

Download - for the latest client and source downloads

FAQ - for all the normal questions and technical info.  Also move Statistics here.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:43:55 AM

Ok, I added a few things to my design to symbolize the Xchange idea.  I also changed some of the colors to be easier to see and to also draw a line between iXcoin, the Xchange and iXcoin mission.

I enlarged the IXC logo barely for subliminal purposes, I added some money trees for obvious symbolic reasons and I added a money transfer image above the network effect to symbolize iXcoin's main purpose.

It looks pasted together like Legos cause I can't figure out how to make the background of the images I use clear. So this would look much cleaner and nicer if I could make it look like one image instead of 8 images glued together.

Input please!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:52:22 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 06:03:02 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Tazman, attaching yourself to a flying star is always a good idea.  It has an absolute lifting effect.  I chose a bland BTC pic and made it subliminally smaller and put it on the inferior side [of the human mind] and slightly lower than iXcoin's logo so the human mind, without knowing, will perceive iXcoin's image as superior, stronger and more pleasant.

It is like punching mike Tyson in the face [repeatedly] in public without getting hit back.  Regardless of how weak you are, such imagery will completely [positively] alter your image at the cost of the leader.

The BTC logo is of utmost importance for a number of reasons:

A) it informs the viewer who has never heard of IXC that this is about bitcoin and crypto money.

B) it more easily allows us to show the observer the brotherly similarity between IXC and also the differences.

And C) BTC is the gold standard and anytime you can associate with it in any way, on any level, it will bring up your brand's own worth.

Cause right now IXC suffers from severe lack of awareness so it is crucial that we attach it to BTC for a short while, but we have to do it in a controlled manner which always shows IXC as more beautiful, more superior, and more pleasant.

The design looks patched together cause I lack the skills but psychologically, this page is very well thought out if you look closely at all the symbolism and imagery.  

Things like BTC is on the left and in the dark to the network effect, money and business activity being on the right with IXC. Humans are naturally drawn to the light, money and other people.  Humans are naturally drawn to the right as that is the dominant side.

Bland orange for BTC to vibrant red for IXC. There's a lot there which one may not see but the mind sees it all and is deeply affected by all the images and symbolism.

I'm not a marketing guy but I've observed for years what makes successful ads so successful and this kind of stuff is jam packed in the best multi million dollar print ads.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:24:35 AM

I tested my theory out and asked numerous people, young and old which symbol on the page they liked more.  They all know and recognize BTC and none recognized the IXC symbol.

100% chose the IXC symbol and when I asked why I got things like, I like the red color.

But that's not why; that's why this type of psychological gorilla warfare marketing works; the observer has no idea why he likes what he likes so he [unknowingly] invents a logical reason to justify his decision.

I know this because I then removed the website and showed just the symbols, all alone, side by side and now the votes were split nearly down the middle.

I would really like to get more input from everyone.  I don't care if my design is used; I just want the best website possible and it's pretty obvious Luke can build a better website than me but we need to give input to help Luke really design a look that delivers a knockout punch from first view.

tazman

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:54:28 AM

Tazman, attaching yourself to a flying star is always a good idea.  It has an absolute lifting effect.  I chose a bland BTC pic and made it subliminally smaller and put it on the inferior side [of the human mind] and slightly lower than iXcoin's logo so the human mind, without knowing, will perceive iXcoin's image as superior, stronger and more pleasant.

Yes, I see where you're going, but that would be better for our marketing/advertising phase rather than on the website home page.  We can still associate with Bitcoin on the website, but it shouldn't take up 50% of the real estate.  Describe the association in text, and keep the visuals focused on iXcoin.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:01:22 AM

Tazman, attaching yourself to a flying star is always a good idea.  It has an absolute lifting effect.  I chose a bland BTC pic and made it subliminally smaller and put it on the inferior side [of the human mind] and slightly lower than iXcoin's logo so the human mind, without knowing, will perceive iXcoin's image as superior, stronger and more pleasant.

Yes, I see where you're going, but that would be better for our marketing/advertising phase rather than on the website home page.  We can still associate with Bitcoin on the website, but it shouldn't take up 50% of the real estate.  Describe the association in text, and keep the visuals focused on iXcoin.

I understand what you're saying and we could do anything the populous agrees on but if you look at the design, it's not 50%, it's maybe 5%.  There's a small BTC logo and then the phrase which mentions BTC.

The fact half the page resembles BTC as a dark, bland and old technology is simply graphics.  That left side of the page does nothing in Bitcoin's favor and in fact greatly diminishes BTC while it helps portray a stark contrast in a natural, interesting way.

I would like to hear Friction's and Luke's opinion and of course, others as well.

Dexter would be a good one, he's designed some cool things in the past and also the guys who made out logo, where are they?

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:32:21 AM

Ok I have something.

Vlad, you've asked for my opinion. Here it is.

I'd steer clear of mentioning bitcoin whatsoever. from the ground up, you want people to believe in ixcoin, not as a clone, or a likeness or a twin of ixcoin (night and day was a good idea tho) but of a completely separate entity of itself.

If colours have been decided on for the ixcoin logo, hold onto the colours which have been decided, brand ixcoin totally with the colours you have decided on and make the website correlate to those colours.

What, in my opinion, you need on the website is simples... merge of the logo into alternate colour backgorund (if the logo is orange and white, have the background white and orange. keep the background pale, to allow your text to be seen and keep all text simple, for example... a short introduction to ixcoin, and links to download ixcoin-qt's (mac and windows (I still have a windows wallet which won't send ixcoin))

Sorry mate but I think you are a long way off with that site, as we see it.
just keep it simple, folks appreciate simple.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 07:39:27 AM

Great, that's the kind of honest feedback we need.

Note to self:  You're fired!  lol.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:46:40 AM

I understand what you're saying and we could do anything the populous agrees on but if you look at the design, it's not 50%, it's maybe 5%.  There's a small BTC logo and then the phrase which mentions BTC.

The fact half the page resembles BTC as a dark, bland and old technology is simply graphics.  That left side of the page does nothing in Bitcoin's favor and in fact greatly diminishes BTC while it helps portray a stark contrast in a natural, interesting way.

I would like to hear Friction's and Luke's opinion and of course, others as well.

Dexter would be a good one, he's designed some cool things in the past and also the guys who made out logo, where are they?

I would go more with the story that "if you could buy Bitcoin at 11 cents today, would you?".  Then talk about Bitcoin's twin... separated at birth.    Dexter44 create a couple of videos that all have different spins on the message,  probably creating one of those videos (use powtoons) if you want convey a message.

As Luke has said, you have to determine your target market, then you build your site.  Who is IXC's target market?

My thought:   Developing countries that think that bitcoin price is too high, but need something equally secure.  Target the remittance markets.  Target the small device... i.e. SMS.   Target micro-transactions and micro-finance.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:34:39 PM

I think the main page on the site shouldn't mention bitcoin, it might confuse people who are new to cryptos, better if ixcoin stands out on its own. Should defo have a comparison between the two, maybe like a timeline between the two currencies so they can see the price variations/hash rates over time etc.

A lot of emphasis should be put on ixcoin's security, could give examples of new currencies being attacked/forked.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:59:10 PM

A lot of emphasis should be put on ixcoin's security, could give examples of new currencies being attacked/forked.

+1

Security, Security, Security.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: