Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:54:30 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 05:07:47 PM by iampingu

Ok, I'll do it.
Question: have you not already an agreement with coindesk about an article on IXC?

As good start: is there anyone available to put updated info about iXcoin on Wikipedia?
A volunteer please. Not even on Wikipedia after almost 3 years: what a shame. Let's make this shame end.
Who is the brave one?

When this task is assigned to someone, I will let You know the next one. Waiting.....

Thankx

On it.

Not really sure what to add, other than the ixcoin.co's information, any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:26:11 PM

Thank you, iampingu!

1. Wikipedia article: the great iampingu

Next one:

2. Attempt to get a press release on a online newspaper: this website has 20 million unique visitors per month. The publication of an article on it would bring a big exposure to iXcoin. I don't know their terms. (The goal of this website? To give reliable info and review on everything linked to the digital world.)

Task:  Contact the editorial team with the goal to get what it takes to publish Frictioncoinless article on their website.

A volunteer, please.
I will send the volunteer all the needed info.

When this task is assigned to someone, I will let You know the next one. Waiting.....

Thankx
Dexter44

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:30:31 PM

Ok, I'll do it.
Question: have you not already an agreement with coindesk about an article on IXC?

As good start: is there anyone available to put updated info about iXcoin on Wikipedia?
A volunteer please. Not even on Wikipedia after almost 3 years: what a shame. Let's make this shame end.
Who is the brave one?

Thankx

On it.

You can take this one as model:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namecoin
Plus you can use info on ixcoin.co or from the press release draft.

Don't worry. Every start is always a good one: it gives others the opportunity to build on it in the future. Don't you feel already like a hero?
iampingu

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

Ok, I'll do it.

Who is the brave one?

Thankx

On it.

Don't you feel already like a hero?

Heros get damsels, so no, not yet I don't.
OOO

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:27:28 PM

Currently on the IXCoin website there are two wallet options.

1. iXcoin 0.3.24.3
2. iXcoin 0.8.6

The second one carries with it a warning that it is still being tested.

I have two questions

1. I see FrictionlessCoin is working on developing the wallet and some other areas but is he working alone as a developer?

2. Which is the recommended wallet for download and use? And what is the future plans for encrypted wallets?

0.3.24.3 is the legacy wallet and his around for 2 1/2 years,  this is your safe bet.
0.8.6 was just created recently and like any other software requires some time to mature.  So far it works without any issue that I have found.

I have other developers who build the QT client.  Right now I am waiting on one of them to release the Windows QT binaries.

0.8.6 already encrypts wallets.  0.8.6 has all the functionality of the latest Bitcoin client.

Thanks for the information.
OOO

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

We have important things on schedule now risking to be overlooked:
- convince CEX.io, once their beta testing is finished, to add IXC trading: open an account, send your request, deposit some IXC just to encourage the trading
- start selling IXCoin on ebay
- promote IXC on forums, with video, chatting on CEX.io, contacting shops to add IXC, try to find a common ground of development with other teams, etc.
- windows client
- effective press releases
- convince BTC-e to welcome back
- convince BTC38 to add iXcoin
- decide the final logo
- create a better website with professional multi language platform
- etc...

I want to add to your list,  have coindesk write an article about iXcoin.   Identify other news sources to publish about iXcoin.

Folks,  we really have a good story here once NUCD comes out. 

Like everything of value it takes time to develop. 

When do you estimate that NUCD will be released? and how is it progressing?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

We have important things on schedule now risking to be overlooked:
- convince CEX.io, once their beta testing is finished, to add IXC trading: open an account, send your request, deposit some IXC just to encourage the trading
- start selling IXCoin on ebay
- promote IXC on forums, with video, chatting on CEX.io, contacting shops to add IXC, try to find a common ground of development with other teams, etc.
- windows client
- effective press releases
- convince BTC-e to welcome back
- convince BTC38 to add iXcoin
- decide the final logo
- create a better website with professional multi language platform
- etc...

I want to add to your list,  have coindesk write an article about iXcoin.   Identify other news sources to publish about iXcoin.

Folks,  we really have a good story here once NUCD comes out. 

Like everything of value it takes time to develop. 

When do you estimate that NUCD will be released? and how is it progressing?

With the release of 0.8.7  which will come 1 month after Bitcoin releases 0.8.7

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:57:01 PM

It turns out,  I am not the only one having this problem.  Apparently, Vircurex only works with Firefox.   I checked with Chrome and Safari and it does not work.

Vircurex works very well on all major browsers, Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox.

The "only" issue that caught people of guard was that the buy and sell buttons were not active if the order was too small (smaller than 0.0001). We changed that recently, an error message now appears.

I checked again,  does not show on chrome and safari!!!!  Does show on Firefox but it is misaligned.

You folks really need to fix this!!!

Also,  Vircurex keeps logging people out.  It is ridiculous that I have to login so many times consider I got 2 factor authentication on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Dexter44

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:20:08 PM

I guess on Vircurex they do not use ios 7.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:25:24 PM

The TeslaCoin which launched last night (TES) had 100,000 mh of hash power hit it. That's huge.

I wonder how much of that is a great name?  This shows what can be done with a good name and domain.

Granted, the dev (Trafficlear) did a great job launching it with a great looking website to boot.

That's the kind of professional organized work we need here and it's starting to look like we're gradually developing a good team.

I'm gonna keep watching how TES progresses as an indication of the potential of the name combined with excellent execution.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

Shocking. Smiley

-MarkM-

Why? It's simple and interesting. I used red just so it stands out cause the picture is busy.

I needed a pic to put on eBay but now I can't cause it's saying my max limit is $5,000.  That's a joke.  And they wanted $50 for a reserve.

So I don't know how to list this thing cause I definitely want to auction it for a lot more than $5,000.  Or At least try.
Max is $5000, WTF?  But now that you mentioned it, yeah, there is a $5000 a month limit. But that doesnt make sense because people sell automobiles all the time on ebay. Im curuious now in how you get that 5K limit raised. At any rate, Ive been following this thread closely and thought that i would chime in. Lucrative domain names that you have there. I wouldn't let that specific domain go too cheap.

My max is a lot higher than that. I have an equivalent of 50k dollars allowance per month. Unfortunately I'm also banned from listing anything crypto with a warning to have my account removed for sale of digital goods.

What, why can't you list anything digital?  That's odd.

I'm so sick of eBay and paypal.  From now on when I list anything I'm gonna demand either BTC or IXC.

Did I mention they wanted $50 just for me to add the reserve option?  That's crazy.

Granted the reserve was $250,000 (lol) but still, I would lose that $50 even if the listing didn't sell and the odds of it selling at that price is near zero.....at least until later this year when the crypto craze kicks into higher gear.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:32:27 PM

Hey Vlad, just wondering what are your plans on short term?

Plans or expectations?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

My short term plans are to raise some funds to help develop IXC as well as accumulate some other coins including BTC in preparation for the next run which should come in the next 3 months and go to $2,000-$3,000.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

Hey Vlad, just wondering what are your plans on short term?

I only saw that one (TES). 

But that's great news as it means it's a hot name in high demand and I happen to have had the vision to buy the dot org and for com domains. Thank you God!

And now I tweeted Elon Musk to see if he's interested.  lol.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

I though to have a go at a logo for the TeslaCoin...

I just realized that I used red just like the tesla logo but I did it unkowingly.

That's a cool design but you're using tesla's logo which won't fly.  So far all my tesla stuff is either mine or public domain so I'm good to go.

nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:38:22 PM

Anybody brave as much as iampingu?

I repeat the task:

2. Attempt to get a press release on a online newspaper: this website has 20 million unique visitors per month. The publication of an article on it would bring a big exposure to iXcoin. I don't know their terms. (The goal of this website? To give reliable info and review on everything linked to the digital world.)

Task:  Contact the editorial team with the goal to get what it takes to publish Frictioncoinless article on their website.

A volunteer, please.
I will send the volunteer all the needed info.

Thankx

Hi,

I'll have a shoot at it. I am still young in the crytpo currency world (only started mining a couple of months ago) but why not. You never learn without trying.

Please send me a PM with what you need.

Cheers

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:40:32 PM

I just realized that I used red just like the tesla logo but I did it unkowingly.

That's a cool design but you're using tesla's logo which won't fly.  So far all my tesla stuff is either mine or public domain so I'm good to go.

Yes, I designed it like that since your original plan was to present it directly to them. So I assumed if that was going to go forward they would prefer their logo on the coin.

But actually the more interesting part are the two coloured triangles that try to represent a currency symbol but also some "trigger" to the coloured currency theme.

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:43:46 PM

Shocking. Smiley

-MarkM-

Why? It's simple and interesting. I used red just so it stands out cause the picture is busy.

I needed a pic to put on eBay but now I can't cause it's saying my max limit is $5,000.  That's a joke.  And they wanted $50 for a reserve.

So I don't know how to list this thing cause I definitely want to auction it for a lot more than $5,000.  Or At least try.
Max is $5000, WTF?  But now that you mentioned it, yeah, there is a $5000 a month limit. But that doesnt make sense because people sell automobiles all the time on ebay. Im curuious now in how you get that 5K limit raised. At any rate, Ive been following this thread closely and thought that i would chime in. Lucrative domain names that you have there. I wouldn't let that specific domain go too cheap.

Which domain names do you like in particular?  I have about another 100 on top of the roughly 90 I listed on here, but I forgot my 2 factor logon and I don't want to give away all my ideas since I only wanna sell a few domains.

As for tesla or really any other unique domain, I feel these will be as hot or hotter [temporarily] than normal internet domains and I expect that to really start happening in the next 12 months as lots of people start creating top notch personalized domains and corporations throw their hat in the ring.

There's only so many decent coin domains and I'm glad I found out about BTC with just enough time to grab a few.  Had I found out just a few months earlier (prior to May 2013) I feel strongly if have millions of dollars now.  So I found out late but it was still just in time.

So if I don't get a lucrative offer I will wait cause I know what's coming and I'm not hurting for money I just want to speed up iXcoin development.

Thanks for your input!

Edit:  I did some research and start-ups regularly pay $200,000-$300,000 for simple general domain names.  Something like TeslaCoin would not be considered general or normal as it is a hot and popular brand, a household name yet in the public domain.  That's an incredibly rare opportunity to have.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:48:15 PM

Yes, I designed it like that since your original plan was to present it directly to them. So I assumed if that was going to go forward they would prefer their logo on the coin.

But actually the more interesting part are the two coloured triangles that try to represent a currency symbol but also some "trigger" to the coloured currency theme.

Man, interesting point...I didn't even think about that.  Maybe I'll resubmit it to Elon via teeter.

I don't even know if the guy reads his tweeter posts.  He probably has some assistant do all that.  Not sure how to best get this Auction to him.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:52:50 PM

Ok, I'll do it.

Who is the brave one?

Thankx

On it.

Add me.

Bhahahahaaaa. 

lol.

iampingu

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:57:14 PM

Ok, I'll do it.

Who is the brave one?

Thankx

On it.

Add me.

Bhahahahaaaa. 

lol.

Good idea....... Cheesy. I submitted something to the wikipedia people, waiting for confirmation now

But yeah, speaking earlier about banned from listing digtal goods, is because my paypal is frozen because of bitcoin sales, was a rookie salesman selling bitcoins via paypal, they asked what I was selling and it's against their terms of service to sell digital currencies. So ebay is owned by paypal, or vice versa, and I got banned from digital goods on both.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: