Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:24:04 PM

I doubt individual merchants are all that important to any coin, as presumably most merchants will use payment processing services and thus not care what the heck that service chooses to accept since the merchant still gets whatever type of currency the merchant wants.

So basically any coin can get lots of merchants any time simply by getting added to the growing list of currencies some payments processor supports.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 04:15:00 PM

I doubt individual merchants are all that important to any coin, as presumably most merchants will use payment processing services and thus not care what the heck that service chooses to accept since the merchant still gets whatever type of currency the merchant wants.

So basically any coin can get lots of merchants any time simply by getting added to the growing list of currencies some payments processor supports.

-MarkM-

That's a really interesting point.   So if Bitcoin becomes pervasive then the system would be in place to make a second or 10 different alts mainstream as long as a payment processor accepts that new coin. Nice.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:23:34 PM

-MarkM-

So which payment processor accept IXC?  Oh yeah none.  Why would Bitpay for example take the risk on adding a currency that no merchant is asking for?  Especially a small one with low liquidity.  How is Bitpay going to accept an arbitrary amount of ixCoin and pay customers with a 1% spread while managing risk?

It is the other way round. Merchants were asking for an easy low risk way to accept Bitcoin and thus Bitpay saw the opportunity for profit and created the service.   
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

If you're gonna choose a coin to take over for yourself or for an ETF, the best thing would be one which is abandoned, just like Bitcoin was.
Lol

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:07:55 PM

If you're gonna choose a coin to take over for yourself or for an ETF, the best thing would be one which is abandoned, just like Bitcoin was.
Lol

Bitcoin's dev didn't disappear?  He didn't abandon Bitcoin?

Man, he didn't even take the massive coins he mined.  If that's not just up and taking off I don't know what is.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:10:38 PM

-MarkM-

So which payment processor accept IXC?  Oh yeah none.  Why would Bitpay for example take the risk on adding a currency that no merchant is asking for?  Especially a small one with low liquidity.  How is Bitpay going to accept an arbitrary amount of ixCoin and pay customers with a 1% spread while managing risk?

It is the other way round. Merchants were asking for an easy low risk way to accept Bitcoin and thus Bitpay saw the opportunity for profit and created the service.   

I think you misunderstood mark. He only said that merchants don't care which coin is used as they eventually convert it to dollars so from their point of view if a payment processor accepts ShitCoin and will give them dollars then they're good with it.

All this means is that once the protocol for one Crypto Coin is in place any other crypto coin can be easily inserted.

Nobody said ixCoin was that coin or that payment processors would even look at ixCoin.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:26:15 PM

There is some startup processor that does about twenty shitcoins already, maybe Ixcoin doesn't happen to be one of them right now but that could change if Ixcoin does better than one or more of the 20 or so they already are using. Plus they plan to add more anyway once they have the infrastructure to let them run even more daemons.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 10:25:07 PM

There is some startup processor that does about twenty shitcoins already, maybe Ixcoin doesn't happen to be one of them right now but that could change if Ixcoin does better than one or more of the 20 or so they already are using. Plus they plan to add more anyway once they have the infrastructure to let them run even more daemons.

-MarkM-

Wow.   Awesome.  That's another fact I didn't know.  20 coins.  Wow!!!

Gotta go buy more ShitCoins.  Lol.

RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

Then if you like it, join the campaign to try to bribe rsnel into doing the full and proper fix, the one he did to I0Coin, to all the merged mined coins. (Namecoin, Devcoin, Groupcoin, Ixcoin, Coiledcoin and Geistgeld.)

-MarkM-

Btw, I've already done the full fix to GRP.
https://github.com/RoadTrain/groupcoin
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 12:12:28 AM

Someone has been crushing ixCoin's price with consistent 3,000 coin blocks.

I've watched it all day long.  The 3,000 block gets bought and within 15 minutes a new one for a similar amount it put in its place and at the highest bid at the time.  Again and again and again.

In the near 6 months that I've been buying ixCoin I have never seen such a constant selling effort. 

This too makes no Sense.  If someone has 100,000 to sell why not stagger it or put out larger blocks.  Cause if I put an order for 4,000 ixCoins it will not fill, just the 3,000 will get taken out and then I have to wait for the next 3,000 block to be put on the block.

So what is this, another coincidence or is someone purposely artificially suppressing the price of ixCoin?  Hard to tell.

CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:57:48 AM

Wow

Recently executed orders
31.10---07:26---274,088.0922---0.00004650---12.7451---Sell
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 02:05:53 AM

Wow

Recently executed orders
31.10---07:26---274,088.0922---0.00004650---12.7451---Sell

I have never seen ixCoin this low, EVER.  And Bitcoin is stable and most alt coins are recovering somewhat.

Watch it closely, ixCoin is being purposely dropped lower and lower with 3,000 block orders.  I have seen this. 

Very, very odd.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:18:29 AM

But to what purpose?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 03:01:20 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 08:06:47 AM by Vlad2Vlad

But to what purpose?

This is only a theory, for all I know some merge miners or pools decided to dump, but why at an all-time low when over the last 6 months I could hardly find any coins for sale.

And where are all the buyers if this coin was so popular that nobody wanted to dump their merge mined coins, these past 6 months.

No, it doesn't add up.  Nothing about ixCoin has ever added up.

The purpose, if this is manipulation, would be that they're seeing more people are jumping on as I'm raising awareness: touting ixCoin as being a rare positively correlated coin to Bitcoin so by driving it down hard, kills that theory and any hope anybody had.

And secondly, as with stocks, the herd mentality is in full effect:  buy when it's really high and freak out and panic when it's at an all-time low and dump (greed and fear with fear being the strongest of the 2).  Believe it or not this mass psychology works - it's called shaking out the weak hands.  Most people who have no convictions for a stock or coin will dump it all when it hits a very low bottom, usually right before it's about to turn.

So they could be killing 2 birds with one stone here.  This is a very common technique employed by hedge funds when they wanna accumulate a thinly traded stock very cheaply before they pump it up.

Or I could be crazy and this is all a coincidence.  One thing is for sure, I do have strong convictions for ixCoin and not a single coin will get shaken from me regardless of how low it goes.  On the contrary, if I get the Bitcoins, I plan to buy even more.

Cause that's how I do.

IXC2XIC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:38:37 AM

Can someone clarify.

What is the significance of a new block chain?   I read ixCoin had a new block chain when they launched.

Don't all clones have new block chains?

If not, what kind of work and expertise was required for ixCoin to build a new block chain and for what purpose?  TIA.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:45:54 AM

Can any old school guys on here comment on something I just read regarding ixCoin?

Thomas Nasakioto stated back in 2011 that only 2 days after ixCoin launched, the sites ixCoin.info and ixCoin.net were up and running.

This is really impressive as it was supposedly done by an anonymous 3rd party.  WHAT???  And if it wasn't third party, if he lied, why would thomas do that if ixCoin was just a premine pump and dump?  I mean, he had the .org site going and cloned the Bitcoin site, that's more than enough for any purpose.

And why would a third party do that so quickly for a coin which was seen as nothing more than a CrapCoin clone and a premine scam coin.

This is yet one more thing that makes no sense at all.

Cause if you look at all the new coins being launched today, even the best clones, I have never seen a coin launch with 3 or more sites being built and ready to to.  Best case scenario, like with BUK, the .org site was built and running but that's about it.

And that wasn't done by some anonymous third party.  I have simply not heard of this happening to any alt coin, and I doubt even Bitcoin had 3 sites going just 2 days after launch back in 2009 and if it did I'm certain it wasn't done by some anonymous third party.

And I checked with godaddy and all of these ixCoin sites are still NOT for sale which means someone has been paying for them all these last 3 years.  Why?  Why would someone keep paying for these sites when the coin is obviously dead or abandoned?

And what's worse, the .net and .info sites are no longer up and running, you get some BS blank screen, so then why keep paying the domain fee every year?  This makes NO sense.  These empty sites then are nothing but place holders for the ixCoin name.

I really don't understand this at all - I really wish I could get some answers.

I'm looking so hard for good reasons to dump ixCoin but the more I research it the more bullshit I run into that makes no sense which leads me to believe there's more to this coin than anybody realizes.

Somebody give me some plausible answers that make sense so I can either dump this turd and take my heavy loss or relax and wait it out cause it is so hard to hang on as it drops in value so much while everyone on the planet calls me insane and not one single person believes nor sees what I'm seeing.

Help!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:48:46 AM

Can someone clarify.

What is the significance of a new block chain?   I read ixCoin had a new block chain when they launched.

Don't all clones have new block chains?

If not, what kind of work and expertise was required for ixCoin to build a new block chain and for what purpose?  TIA.

I'm pretty sure every clone has a new blockchain.  I don't think it means anything.  Thomas only changed a couple lines of code, he did not create anything new and he did not do any kind of serious coding.

So just like all the clones back then like i0Coin, Devcoin, PPcoin, Namecoin, etc., they all probably had "new blockchains" just like ixCoin which would mean that it's a meaningless thing for the dev to have advertised. 

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 10:37:13 AM

Not so meaningless if you have created your alt sha for a certain purpose. Nmc being the best example, but even devcoin has an interesting concept. Never knew what it was for ixcoin, but I saw ixcoin as a btc clone that could be used if anything ever happened to btc and could be experimented with. Since btc was further developed, ixcoin demostrates what would have happened if you left the coin more or less as it was designed at the very beginning. Surprisingly, it is still around and works! Not bad for a coin that is badly or entirely unsupported by its dev. Someone in another thread wondered which (scrypt) alts will make it since there are so many of those pump and dump coins nowadays serving just one purpose. An answer I found interesting was it might not necessarily only be coins that are well maintained.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:29:34 PM

Not so meaningless if you have created your alt sha for a certain purpose. Nmc being the best example, but even devcoin has an interesting concept. Never knew what it was for ixcoin, but I saw ixcoin as a btc clone that could be used if anything ever happened to btc and could be experimented with. Since btc was further developed, ixcoin demostrates what would have happened if you left the coin more or less as it was designed at the very beginning. Surprisingly, it is still around and works! Not bad for a coin that is badly or entirely unsupported by its dev. Someone in another thread wondered which (scrypt) alts will make it since there are so many of those pump and dump coins nowadays serving just one purpose. An answer I found interesting was it might not necessarily only be coins that are well maintained.

Interesting.

So this new block chain is something and not just a copy and paste.

Can anyone, like Mark, comment on what exactly is involved in creating a new block chain, and why would Thomas do that, assuming it was work, if the only purpose was to either pump and dump or to see what would happen if and when Botcoin matured faster?

I mean, why create a new block chain, why not just do a straight clone?

Unless of course a new block chain is created automatically.  For example, does my CrapCoin, NUGGETS, have a new block chain?  Does i0Coin?

Thanks!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 09:54:44 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Miners using the coin protocol to create a blockchain over time.  All blockchains start from the genesis block (block #0).  All alt-coins have a different genesis block to prevent clients from becoming confused and mixing blocks across chains so "a new blockchain" simply means a new genesis block.   All cryptocurrencies "create a new blockchain". It is an absolutely pointless statement.  Every alt coin every made and every will be made "create a new blockchain" even your utterly worthless NUG.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: