Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:59:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:52:14 PM

Miners using the coin protocol create a blockchain over time.  It starts from a genesis block (block #0).  All alt-coins have a different genesis block to prevent clients from becoming confused and mixing blocks across chains.   Thus all cryptocurrencies "create a new blockchain". It is an absolutely pointless statement.  Every alt coin every made and every will be made "create a new blockchain" even your utterly worthless NUG.

Ok, that was the feeling I had although I didn't understand it so I don't know Thomas and others made a point of saying:  ixCoin has a new blockchain.  I had a feeling it was something more or less automated.

So then a new blockchain means jack shit.

Great....back to square one, err, more like square zero.

If I'm right about ixCoin there must be something supporting my theory, something concrete, something in the code, something to make it a logical replacement for Bitcoin.  But since I don't understand the technology it's like trying to read a book while blind. 

Is the entire source code in Github?  Maybe I'll try reading that to see if there's anything out of the ordinary there.  Would help if I understood code.

This sucks!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 10:56:20 PM

I have noticed if the price goes up, it goes up first on cripsty; if it goes down, it goes down last on cripsty. It seems this coin would live better without vircurex. It seems absurd, but all the times the price goes up on crypsty there is someone on vircurex ready to sell out a lot of coins for a lower price.
Unless the smarter guys are all on cripsty, while the rest is on vircurex, i don't see any logic explanation.

It could be that I've done all my buying on Cryptsy.  Hard to imagine that I would have such a profound effect but then again this is a thinly traded coin.

So does that make me the smart guy on Cryptsy?  lol.

So have you accumulated any ixCoin yet?  It's near an all-time low now.  Man, I spent nearly 20 BTC at over 10,000.  Now I have no BTC to average down and I'm starting to lose faith cause I can't find any real technical rationale for ixCoin to be the next hot crypto.  Sucks!

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:00:30 PM

I have noticed if the price goes up, it goes up first on cripsty; if it goes down, it goes down last on cripsty. It seems this coin would live better without vircurex. It seems absurd, but all the times the price goes up on crypsty there is someone on vircurex ready to sell out a lot of coins for a lower price.
Unless the smarter guys are all on cripsty, while the rest is on vircurex, i don't see any logic explanation.

It could be that I've done all my buying on Cryptsy.  Hard to imagine that I would have such a profound effect but then again this is a thinly traded coin.

So have you accumulated any ixCoin yet?  It's near an all-time low now.  Man, I spent nearly 20 BTC at over 10,000.  Now I have no BTC to average down and I'm starting to lose faith cause I can't find any real technical rationale for ixCoin to be the next hot crypto.  Sucks!

No shit. We've been yelling it in your face for a month

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:05:47 PM

Well, I found tons of anecdotal and biblical evidence suggesting that ixCoin will be the next big crypto but that's hard to hold on to and there should be real technical proof if I were, in fact, correct.  I wish a real techie would look deeper into ixCoin to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

I've put so much on the line here based on 90% biblical evidence.  Man....everyday that goes by I consider selling my position.  Like I said, this sucks!

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 11:07:22 PM

Well, I found tons of anecdotal and biblical evidence suggesting that ixCoin will be the next big crypto but that's hard to hold on to and there should be real technical proof if I were, in fact, correct.  I wish a real techie would look deeper into ixCoin to see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

I've put so much on the line here based on 90% biblical evidence.  Man....everyday that goes by I consider selling my position.  Like I said, this sucks!

Yea, that's worked really well for you up to this point. Next time just go ask a cloud which coin to buy. It'll have the same impact on your wallet

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

Yea, that's worked really well for you up to this point. Next time just go ask a cloud which coin to buy. It'll have the same impact on your wallet

Lol, like an iCloud?  Maybe Steve Jobs is hiding in there.

But seriously, God is real, alive and He answers prayers - one just has to believe and ask.

I'm asking...

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:06:57 PM

Wow, I have never seen ixCoin this low.

Man, it hurts thinking how much I paid just a few weeks ago.  I could have saved so much or bought way more.

So why is it going down when Bitcoin is stabilized and most other cryptos are making a slight comeback? 

What a confusing coin.  I'm getting fed up!!!

Anybody wanna buy 500,000 ixCoins?  lol.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:14:09 AM

So is anybody planning on working to update the Client with encryption?

It would be nice to take some of my ixCoins from the safety deposit box and onto a laptop in case the price jumps unexpectedly. 

I know, what are the odds of that EVER happening...EVER?  lol.

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

So I hope somebody will eventually update at least the QT wallet with encryption if nothing else.

And I am deeply disappointed and pretty angry and disgusted with this dev who comes on here with bounties from his shady premine and now when I find someone to do the updates he won't even respond to confirm he'll pay the 30,000 ixCoins he promised to pay.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman. 

haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:05:35 PM

It would be nice to take some of my ixCoins from the safety deposit box and onto a laptop in case the price jumps unexpectedly. 

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

So I hope somebody will eventually update at least the QT wallet with encryption if nothing else.

And I am deeply disappointed and pretty angry and disgusted with this dev who comes on here with bounties from his shady premine and now when I find someone to do the updates he won't even respond to confirm he'll pay the 30,000 ixCoins he promised to pay.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman. 

hey man sorry my math was a little off a few decimal points yesterday!loll ~you want to make moves? Let's do it!  Cool *blessed!
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

I know, what are the odds of that EVER happening...EVER?  lol.

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman.  

I guess you are on windows?

You could do this (probably)
install truecrypt
set password etc.. (mount/run it)
create a shortcut for your ixcoind (?) .. and edit it so it runs c:/......../ixcoind -datadir=x:/ixcoindata  
where x is the drive letter of your truecrypt drive.
Download block chain (or copy it)
generate address and send all coins to it.
dismount your drive.. backup the truecrypt file (maybe backup after you download the chain and before sending the coins.. probably need to dismount first)

whenever you want to access it, just remount your truecrypt drive and run the shortcut.

maybe it is good enough?

alternatively you could just encrypt your wallet.dat with something like http://www.aescrypt.com/
and leave it until you decide you want to sell/transfer it.

p.s. what is the total bounty at?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:16:24 PM

There are emails on ixcoin.org. Have you tried to contact him using them?

Of course. Multiple times.   And both emails, but it looks like his brother is also sleeping.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:20:32 PM

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman.  

I guess you are on windows?

You could do this (probably)
install truecrypt
set password etc.. (mount/run it)
create a shortcut for your ixcoind (?) .. and edit it so it runs c:/......../ixcoind -datadir=x:/ixcoindata  
where x is the drive letter of your truecrypt drive.
Download block chain (or copy it)
generate address and send all coins to it.
dismount your drive.. backup the truecrypt file (maybe backup after you download the chain and before sending the coins.. probably need to dismount first)

whenever you want to access it, just remount your truecrypt drive and run the shortcut.

maybe it is good enough?

alternatively you could just encrypt your wallet.dat with something like http://www.aescrypt.com/
and leave it until you decide you want to sell/transfer it.

p.s. what is the total bounty at?

You lost me at windows.

Lol, I'm an economist lost amongst a million techies. 

I'm still waiting to hear back from the dev since his bounty is the largest but so far all I've got together is 15,000 ixCoin.  It used to be 1.5+ BTC but with the 70% drop last week it's not much.

And the ixCoin price keeps going lower everyday.  Why all of a sudden?  Very puzzling.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:21:42 PM

Riddle me that, Batman. 

hey man sorry my math was a little off a few decimal points yesterday!loll ~you want to make moves? Let's do it!  Cool *blessed!

I'm sorry, moves?  What do you mean?

Yes, I wanna make moves, big moves but I'd like what kind of moves you're talking about.  lol.

haightst

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:30:12 PM

Riddle me that, Batman.  

hey man sorry my math was a little off a few decimal points yesterday!loll ~you want to make moves? Let's do it!  Cool *blessed!

I'm sorry, moves?  What do you mean?

Yes, I wanna make moves, big moves but I'd like what kind of moves you're talking about.  lol.

"BIG" moves i have this east coast promoter dude who owes me like ~$10,000 in pr work
~ he has a massive following ...also maybe we pick up the pieces here and make something out of this coin....iX can't be all bad right?

;-)

blessed1
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:32:48 PM

Oh, you mean pump this coin?

Nah, it's not worth the trouble.  I'm not looking for a quick double or triple.

I was either right a out this coin and I'm gonna make a truckload of money or I was wrong and I'm gonna lose it all.  That's about the only options I'm looking at.  If this coin is inversely correlated to Bitcoin then no amount of pumping will give it any real value, it will just implode again.  And I'm looking for real staying power not a pump and dump.

Thanks anyway.

haightst

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:35:46 PM

Oh, you mean pump this coin?

Nah, it's not worth the trouble.  I'm not looking for a quick double or triple.

I was either right a out this coin and I'm gonna make a truckload of money or I was wrong and I'm gonna lose it all.  That's about the only options I'm looking at.  If this coin is inversely correlated to Bitcoin then no amount of pumping will give it any real value, it will just implode again.  And I'm looking for real staying power not a pump and dump.

Thanks anyway.

fine whatever!~ delist it or do whatever makes you happy!  Grin LOL
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:44:35 PM

Another interesting thing:  i0Coin has held up nicely against the Bitcoin effect, down maybe 25%, while in the same 2 weeks ixCoin is now down like 70%.

Me don't like.

Edit:  Finally looks like someone is buying up all the sell blocks for ixCoin.  So maybe the price drop was to get the price level way lower and now all the merge miners and pools which sell ixCoin [more or less] automatically will now dump at the much lower price.  

It's a good way to accumulate coins at a much lower price.  I should have tried that, as I'm sure with just 50,000 ixCoins I could have cut the price in half due to a lack of buyers.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:00:57 AM

I'm watching ixCoin and now all of a sudden, there's tons of large block buy orders.

For most coins that's normal but not for ixCoin as there seems to be no interest.

So the price gets knocked down with lots of repetitive 3,000 block sells and almost no buy orders besides mine, and now after the price gets dropped near an all-time low there's a bunch of buy orders.

Hard to say but this looks and feels like manipulation. 

And...

Bitcoin is surging higher yet ixCoin is once again stable, holding up against Bitcoin just like it has the last 6 months.

If Bitcoin hits $300 in the ext few days, and it looks like it will, I'm curious to see if Litecoin et al continue their death spiral while [hopefully] ixCoin will continue tracking Bitcoin higher and hopefully regain the ground it lost this past week.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:52:37 AM

Ppcoin is going up. Look a the message I received:

"Peercoiners,

Tomorrow kicks off Day 1 of the most aggressive push in the history of alt currencies. We have a CoinDesk article coming out around 8:00am pst Nov 6th and a press release that's targeting online publication, radio, tv, social media and print.  If you want to help contribute to the success of Peercoin, we need your help."

Within a few days or weeks PPcoin will receive more attention. Because Vircurex is one of the main exchange platforms for ppc, probably Ixcoin will receive, indirectly, more attention too.

I'm curious to see where such a mass effort leads.  I think it will be nothing more than a temporary pump effect that may last a few weeks.

For lasting effects there has to be some fundamental change and I just don't see that in any of these alts.

I thought ixCoin had it but after the huge drop last week I honestly can't tell anymore.  I'm looking so hard for some concrete evidence and I haven't found anything more than what's perceived as coincidental evidence.

So we just sit and wait and watch Bitcoin break new high after new high and while the rich get richer we sit and wait and wait and wait.

I'm really tired of waiting...

haightst

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:01:43 PM

Riddle me that, Batman.  

You seem to be afraid to lose everything. I think you are one of a few on earth having accumulated so many ixcoin. Mine are just a small fraction of yours. Anyway, why don't you use 30k out of 500k to have the update done?
It's better for you to have 470k worth something then 500k worth nothing. The maker of the coin mentioned the necessity of an update in order to invite other trading platforms into the game. If this is true, I think you are going to gain more of what you give (???Luke 6 verse 38???)

I even offered my support with development and promotion, what more can we do?  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: