Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Announcing ZED!  (Read 9361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:49:01 AM

I am not sure I understand how ZED works. Is it a currency running on a blockchain or how does it work? It is not proof of stake?

As it is stated in the WP ZED is built on top of Stellar platform with connectivity to BTC  and ETH methods of payment.
It is running on the top of the Stellar blockchain with all of the specs of its technology but ZED team plan to host their own instance of Stellar Core in order to submit transactions without depending on a third party, have more control over whom to trust and validate the identity of the ZED token holder.

What do you mean by "ZED team plan to host their own instance of Stellar Core"? does it mean that they might create their own blockchain on the future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:06:09 AM

I believe the ZED netwirk has the potential to grow. A project with really great propect and opportunity in the near future..

Yes they have what it takes to build a platform that will improve the current system of any money operators across the globe.

MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:20:30 AM

This projects deserves our attention. It has good idea, good product and good opportunity.. I will support and promote this project.

Indeed! the team takes a lot of time to plan and develop their platform based on the problem of any MTO's that they are facing today especially the slow transaction with an expensive fees.

MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:34:34 AM

This project is well prepared and well planned. Im pretty sure for the succes of the team for their very good platform. MTOs is best for your business so dont miss the best services of ZED.

Don't get confused about MTOs (Money Transfer Operators) Wink What you said is correct because the ZED platform has the capability to put any MTOs to be dominant against its competitors.

EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:01:46 AM

And one more interesting thing that left to discover is about ZED token`s price.
In the WP and ZED Investor Deck it is written that prince per token = $0.05 while in the Telegram channel CEO Alan Safahi wrote that "ZED tokens are fixed at US$0.03 / token for the foreseeable future (hence we are considered stable coin)."
So where is the mistake? 

Is this the price of token during the token sale or after the ICO? if the answer is after the ICO then I was wondering how will they manage to have stable token price because the market changed a lot.
It looks like Nadia is referring to the price per token on the public offering because the team did not decided yet what would be the price per token.

EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:07:12 AM

I am not sure I understand how ZED works. Is it a currency running on a blockchain or how does it work? It is not proof of stake?

As it is stated in the WP ZED is built on top of Stellar platform with connectivity to BTC  and ETH methods of payment.
It is running on the top of the Stellar blockchain with all of the specs of its technology but ZED team plan to host their own instance of Stellar Core in order to submit transactions without depending on a third party, have more control over whom to trust and validate the identity of the ZED token holder.

What do you mean by "ZED team plan to host their own instance of Stellar Core"? does it mean that they might create their own blockchain on the future?
No they are not planning to create their own blockchain as of now because ZED want to stick in Stellar platform but planning to have their own server or mining system to process the transactions much faster.

jackielim

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:52:56 AM

By reading about the information of ZED network we can learn a lot in terms of innovation because we have a new technology ZED made our lifestyle most efficient and affordable. I can see the success of this project in the near future.
Let Zed Network be funded and get a lot of support. this could bring our future easy way of living and savings.
Features and concept are very interesting. Can review the whitepaper to understand more. Looking forward be part of the team.
jackielim

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

No they are not planning to create their own blockchain as of now because ZED want to stick in Stellar platform but planning to have their own server or mining system to process the transactions much faster.
Stellar is a good platform. I tried this wallet and exchange many times and With high volume.
Sivainvest

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

We plan to host our own instance of Stellar Core in order to submit transactions without depending on a third party, have more control over whom to trust, validate the identity of the ZED token holder and simply to help make the Stellar network more reliable and robust for others.
Sivainvest

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

ZED Network Inc. is a for-profit company based in Toronto, Canada  and the custodian of the ZED monetary system and protocol .

ZED will issue 100 Billion Tokens. $0.030 each.
Nadia_l

Activity: 826
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:52:48 PM

Yes, I think so.
And if You read closer to their WP You could discover those possibilities. It could be a fork o smth. like this but if they want to be unique and have better opportunities to develop better tech aspects in the future it is obvious that they need to build their own chain.
Nadia_l

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:58:14 PM

We plan to host our own instance of Stellar Core in order to submit transactions without depending on a third party, have more control over whom to trust, validate the identity of the ZED token holder and simply to help make the Stellar network more reliable and robust for others.

You have just quoted the post of the team representative or you are one of them? Would be great to have more ZED team representatives to clear some questions we`ve mentioned about that are not clearly described in the WP.
Nadia_l

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:04:40 PM

Did I miss the Pilot Launch announcement? If I'm not mistaken, he was supposed to be this week.

Hi!
Do You mean the pilot that they was going to launch at the end of the previous month directly with pilot program MTOs? That was announced anywhere or only in the telegram by Andre Flores? 

I tried to look around on their social media and telegram channel and it looks like they didn't launch it yet so maybe in the next few days because they didn't says an exact date of the launch.

Found it! It is mentioned in the Final version of White Paper in the roadmap in the "Key Dates" chapter (page 16 of the WP).
So pilot launch was planned long ago as a key date and also this one is the last before the Public Product Launch (1/30/2019).
It`s strange that we had not any announcements about it yet.

Finally, we have some clarifications from the CEO - Alan Safari about the development of the SAaS platform. As Alan posted in the telegram grout some days ago "We are currently integration with 3 pilot clients and will be testing in Dec/Jan"!
Looking forward to more news on it in the nearest future. 
MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:35:05 PM

Facilitating cross-border settlements and remittances is a great use for blockchain-based technologies such as ZED Network. More information https://zed.network

That is true and because of blockchain technology more people will trust the system that involves money transfer as it became transparent to all of its users or customers.

MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:45:20 PM

Zed Network from the start are saying that they are legal company. All users and investors need to go through KYC procedure.
This proves the seriousness and solidity of ZED in its business. But how do you think, will the ZED potential customers scare away the need to go through this procedure?

This might happen but ZED is only following the regulations from SEC in order for them to run a legitimate ICO and as far as I know they are countries that is prohibited to participate in ICO and KYC is one of the solution for it.

MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:51:29 PM

The uniqueness of this project leads to the higher level. This one of a kind.. anyone can join to this project is really a life changing. Two thumbs up for the team for the project that is well planned that surely suits to the consumers.

I agree that ZED is quite unique compare to those previous projects that I participated especially the duration of ICO which is over a year, I know the team have their own reason and I believe that great things takes time.

MiniMountain

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:56:43 PM

Zed network provide the most efficient money tranfer what we like the most.. looking forward for the new updates about the project and I will surely support it.

The latest news about ZED was to test their pilot program to at least 3 MTOs before the end of the year, this is what I found on the conversation through official telegram channel.

enkongtukmol

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:55:28 AM

ZED Network Inc. is a for-profit company based in Toronto, Canada  and the custodian of the ZED monetary system and protocol .

ZED will issue 100 Billion Tokens. $0.030 each.
$300,000,000 that's a huge fund for their project. but first, it should be reached. Perhaps this has a lot of time to reach their hardcap.
Nadia_l

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:51:07 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 10:11:24 AM by Nadia_l

Facilitating cross-border settlements and remittances is a great use for blockchain-based technologies such as ZED Network. More information https://zed.network

That is true and because of blockchain technology more people will trust the system that involves money transfer as it became transparent to all of its users or customers.

Many years ago, in 2011, Bill Gates wrote about remittances in the washingtonpost.com such opinion:
“If the transaction costs on remittances worldwide were cut from an average of 10 percent to an average of 5 percent, it would unlock $15 billion a year in poor countries.”
This is where ZED is going to materialize and tokenize his thoughts, saving our money!
Nadia_l

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:44:10 AM

Zed network provide the most efficient money tranfer what we like the most.. looking forward for the new updates about the project and I will surely support it.

The latest news about ZED was to test their pilot program to at least 3 MTOs before the end of the year, this is what I found on the conversation through official telegram channel.

Would be good to have this been done by the end of the year but as was mentioned by ZED Network Product Manager - Andre Flores, it is a very complicated process to add those MTOs to the list of participants in their launch pilot program. Every MTO needs to be added into the network before it, so he says that they hope to launch publicly by Q1 of next year. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: