Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125819 times)
Aexs

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

Flashed back to Bitmain Firmware and it still shows the Blissz logo on the top, any way to get rid of that?
Knightslugger

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

Flashed back to Bitmain Firmware and it still shows the Blissz logo on the top, any way to get rid of that?

clear your browser cache.
Aexs

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

clear your browser cache.

Easy enough, thank you
sanitariu

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:05:19 PM

(forgive my english, I use a translator)
I've been following this topic for a long time, since I have 2 pieces of D3.
Yesterday I decided to try this firmware, and I would like to share the result and maybe get help.
I sat almost all day to set up one of my D3 on this firmware. I wanted to get the best performance, since noise for me is not important.
(on all my devices fans are set to 85% in manual mode)

Factory firmware on two D3 is set to 475Mgts - while it consumes 1050W and produces an average of 17 GH/S, and the total number of errors from all boards = about 20-40 per day.

At first I tried the beta firmware.
I tried to configure everything manually, without the use of automatic settings. Within 5 hours I was not able to achieve the work of D3 without a lot of errors, even at a speed of 18.5 GH/S.
Because of the constant reset of the number of errors, it is difficult to understand how stable the device works.
View error statistics, you can use the Awesome Miner.

With the firmware version 1.12, everything turned out better, but the final result is not very happy.
After a long search of the frequency and voltage settings for each card separately, the best I've got are:
1 boards - 487 MHz - voltage 14 (this is the worst of the boards for quality)
2 boards - 531Mhz - voltage 15
3 boards - 531MHz - voltage 13 (this is the best board for quality)
At the same time, the production rate was about 19.2 GH/S
But the number of errors is about 2 per minute or even more.

I want to ask the developer why it happens, if you restart the mining (or reboot completely), without changing the settings, just click "save&apply"(or reboot), every time after this, the number of errors is DIFFERENT!
I tried so several times, and the number of errors was from 1 per minute to 10-15 per minute! With absolutely unchanged settings!

Can someone tell me what my mistake is?
Why can not I configure the higher performance on this firmware?
Or this firmware will not help me achieve better performance without errors - compared with the firmware?
Will it only reduce the consumption of power and noise at the same performance?

Here is the result of which I achieved:
http://picua.org/img/2018-01/09/grpcd0o7oi6a7mcebi1rv4rh1.png

This firmware is to reduce noise and power.
I do not pay attention to errors too much and i still have good hash rate.
I am doing around 50 per second on of my board. It seems to have some problems
and lowering voltage/freq does not really help. I just left it working with 55 asics
and i have hashrate on the websites although these errors.
I think it is from some of the capacitors and i will change when it goes really really
bad. I am using beta 2.05 version. Just used autotune for 20-30 minutes.
Then i put the best values and forget for my miners Smiley
Playing everyday with it just lowers your revenue...
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:36:58 PM

Blissz, is there any way that we can move on from simply messing with fan speeds and voltage to actually trying to isolate and mine a single algo from X11? People have previously dismissed this idea but I yet to see any reason why it shouldn't be possible even if it is at a severely lower hashrate. For instance these D3's are already mining and support the groestl algorithm which is one of the 11 algorithms contained in X11. If the D3 could be modded to mine only that specific algorithm even at 500Mh/s @ 1200 watts then that would bring the profitability back to nearly $30 per 24hr.

What do we need to do to look at this more seriously? Do we need to pool together and get you another D3 to test with?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:04:41 AM

Any new update??
iamqw

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:13:52 AM

this is some sort of an idea, maybe plausible or not:

since x11 is a combination of 11 algorithms, can anyone change the codes on the D3 to change into any of those algos?
that would be a very great innovation or anything you can call that.

Privateers.life - the 1st MMO Game about Pirates with Block
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:29:38 AM

Hi guys,

I really would like to have other algorithm support on the D3 as well, so here is an update from what I've experienced so far:

I tried to isolate a single algorithm / other algorithms, but not yet succeeded. There are some parameters to tweak with, which seem to change something in the ASICS, but the problem is that even if it switches to another algorithm (which I am not 100% sure), you can't know which one... It's also not that straightforward to change the linux part to support another algorithm, so it's easy to make a small mistake there as well.
If I had some inside information that for example groestl is 100% for sure supported then it would be easier to go 100% for that. Now there are too many variables to play with.
I still have some ideas left to try: I want to build an automated matrix test that tries all parameter combinations and tries to verify it against all known algorithms. It will be quite an effort to build this, but I think it's the only possibility to find out if it's possible.
MYETechnology

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:06:21 AM

After install Blissz Firmare ,
I tried to use ANTpool setting

But the pool always Dead !

But any other pool are live

Are bitmain block the miner from using their pool ?

Help Please
svetbg

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

Hi guys,

After flashing this firmware I started getting the following lines in the kernel log:

Jan  1 00:07:51 (none) local0.err cgminer[31311]: get_asic_response: 0 Headers are not corret! Header0 = 0x00, Header1 = 0x00, Header2 = 0x00 rp = 16

Should I worry about it and how can I possibly fix it?

Regards,
Svet
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:28:01 AM

Hi guys,

I really would like to have other algorithm support on the D3 as well, so here is an update from what I've experienced so far:

I tried to isolate a single algorithm / other algorithms, but not yet succeeded. There are some parameters to tweak with, which seem to change something in the ASICS, but the problem is that even if it switches to another algorithm (which I am not 100% sure), you can't know which one... It's also not that straightforward to change the linux part to support another algorithm, so it's easy to make a small mistake there as well.
If I had some inside information that for example groestl is 100% for sure supported then it would be easier to go 100% for that. Now there are too many variables to play with.
I still have some ideas left to try: I want to build an automated matrix test that tries all parameter combinations and tries to verify it against all known algorithms. It will be quite an effort to build this, but I think it's the only possibility to find out if it's possible.

Perfetc, we can manually test if your switches work .. we are here to help and beta test Wink
gief777

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:26:56 AM

Hi, thanks for the software, I had some thoughts/requests:

I wanted to request a profile setting feature so it's easy to switch between various custom settings. That way I can quickly switch between quieter settings for night and higher settings for when leaving the house or whatever else, quickly.

Sometimes the older firmware works better for me, sometimes not, definitely make all versions available. One of my hashboards comes back to life sometimes on the old firmware, but it stays dead on the newer firmware.

+1 for other algo's!
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:42:40 AM

After install Blissz Firmare ,
I tried to use ANTpool setting

But the pool always Dead !

But any other pool are live

Are bitmain block the miner from using their pool ?

Help Please
I use the firmware and my miners work on Antpool, but sometimes 1-2 of the Antpools are offline, but this you have with the Orig. Firmware, too
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:59:37 PM

Hi guys,

Blissz, so you can be 100% sure which algorithms are supported by x11. Here is a list.

blake

bmw

groestl

jh

keccak

skein

luffa

cubehash

shavite

simd

echo

X12, X13, X14, X15 and X17 are all exactly the same but with additional algorithms added in. Out of all the X11 algorithms listed above groestl should currently be the most profitable even at a severely reduced hash rate. If possible, I would try to focus on groestl first and then skein as a 2nd alternative. Cracking this problem of isolating a single algo is something that I believe many of us would be willing to support financially in a big way as we would all benefit in a big way.
VykingCA

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:23:55 PM

Hi guys,

Blissz, so you can be 100% sure which algorithms are supported by x11. Here is a list.

blake

bmw

groestl

jh

keccak

skein

luffa

cubehash

shavite

simd

echo

X12, X13, X14, X15 and X17 are all exactly the same but with additional algorithms added in. Out of all the X11 algorithms listed above groestl should currently be the most profitable even at a severely reduced hash rate. If possible, I would try to focus on groestl first and then skein as a 2nd alternative. Cracking this problem of isolating a single algo is something that I believe many of us would be willing to support financially in a big way as we would all benefit in a big way.

Support!
bluesky07

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:40:00 PM

Hi,

i have just tested your firmware. (v2.04 beta :: 22/12 :: test version)
On one D3 its running unbelievable good!
910W 18.500 MH/S

On the other D3 there was a lot of HWs and suddenly the 3rd chain is disappeared!?
(Voltage 3, Auto adjust)

Could you please help me? Im afraid that the d3 is dead...

Thanks and best regards

My 2nd chains is gone as well ..but before that there is a problem and a lot of HW as well ....sad

It can be that the low voltage is not working for one of the chains. Increase the voltage or flash back the stable Blissz version on that D3 from the topic start

Dear Blissz,
I try few still not working. i did create a backup before change to ur firm ware .
I try to back up and the firm ware still showing with your name . My ant miner still under warranty . Mind to help me to backup or provided me the software that able back to original state ? I would send back to Antminer for claim.

Appreciate !

did u read anything in this thread?
clear your browser cache and u have the original look with the backup

Dear Friday13,

I do , I have do the backup and clear my chache using CCleaner as well.
However the miner type still showing Antminer D3 Blissz v1.12 . I have contact the Antminer service support . Currently they request me to show the Overview . Which I can't able to claim it if I show them this version.

I have try couple time as well. It still doesn't back up to the original Antminer version.

Dear Bliss,
If you read this , could you lend me a help ?
Very much appreciate !

deathless

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:36:10 PM

Hi,

i have just tested your firmware. (v2.04 beta :: 22/12 :: test version)
On one D3 its running unbelievable good!
910W 18.500 MH/S

On the other D3 there was a lot of HWs and suddenly the 3rd chain is disappeared!?
(Voltage 3, Auto adjust)

Could you please help me? Im afraid that the d3 is dead...

Thanks and best regards

My 2nd chains is gone as well ..but before that there is a problem and a lot of HW as well ....sad

It can be that the low voltage is not working for one of the chains. Increase the voltage or flash back the stable Blissz version on that D3 from the topic start

Dear Blissz,
I try few still not working. i did create a backup before change to ur firm ware .
I try to back up and the firm ware still showing with your name . My ant miner still under warranty . Mind to help me to backup or provided me the software that able back to original state ? I would send back to Antminer for claim.

Appreciate !

did u read anything in this thread?
clear your browser cache and u have the original look with the backup

Dear Friday13,

I do , I have do the backup and clear my chache using CCleaner as well.
However the miner type still showing Antminer D3 Blissz v1.12 . I have contact the Antminer service support . Currently they request me to show the Overview . Which I can't able to claim it if I show them this version.

I have try couple time as well. It still doesn't back up to the original Antminer version.

Dear Bliss,
If you read this , could you lend me a help ?
Very much appreciate !

just press ctrl f5
michiosmab

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:37:13 PM

Sounds Like on hell of a plan that we would all love to become a reality.
If it is profitable on a different algo you could also charge money to sell the firmware!
Helps make sure not everyone will use it and is a win - win!
Crazytoo

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:44:41 PM

After installing the firmware i cant login in to the ssh connection the root /admin dont work anymore

HELP please ....

blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:53:16 PM

After installing the firmware i cant login in to the ssh connection the root /admin dont work anymore

HELP please ....

Try a reset first. If that won't work you might have to do a recover with the micro sd card method as described on the first page.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: