Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125833 times)
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:39:23 PM

Disclaimer: I'm nothing even remotely close to a lawyer, just went and read the GPL - i might have missed some things. and JUST took my first sip of coffee.

Sorry mate but you're dead wrong.

Here's a simple version of the GPL https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-general-public-license-v3-(gpl-3) for those of you who aren't involved in anything open-source or legal. Pretty clear cut.

but by doing what you are about to do you will make him cease to work on updating/fixing stuff and in the future not have the desire to share anything that he fixes for himself
Yep that's probably what's going to happen. You fuckers are so greedy to make 1$ more that everyone else, you don't care about supporting crypo you just want to make money. Guess what, everyone has D3's and if everyone's work better it's no different than if they all worked shitty. No one stands to gain from a system of hidden code to protect the financial interest of the few. We might as well just give up and go back to big banks for that.

I don´t see a problem in cgminer license, because Blissz work is most on the Firmware around the cgminer.
and i can live good with the 1.5%.
Blissz never say that the 1.5% will be forever, but he say in the beginning, when he continue working on the Firmware he can not mine, because he has only 1 D3. so i think it´s fair.
gief777

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

Stranger you sound like a bully, go ahead and release your crapware, I'll still support blissz. The proper response for you is to make a competing product with better pricing structure (or free, Mr. nice guy), but you can't actually do that. Can you? Ahahahaha

Like you're not greedy too? Oh wait you are, and now you're a liar to boot.
ddude

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:47:47 PM

I'm in USA so 120 volt or 110 not sure.

What is the highest I can put my ASIC Voltage to without it breaking/popping any circuits?

Power cost is not the concern and I'm pretty sure the max power draw is 1300 watts from the AMP3++ power supply from bitmain?

I want highest hash rate possible... POWER cost is not a problem the only problem is popping a circuit!

Thanks

Your supply will only give you 1200watts at 120v. So you can't go much higher without killing the supply or starving the boards.

The above is correct but to answer the rest of your question : look in your breaker box. are they 15amp breakers or 20 or what..
take that and x 110 (thought technically 120/240 - real world best to base your math on 110/220)  this will give you  the wattage that
the WHOLE circuit can run..at MAX if your wires are crappy and barely acceptable for the amps you will be drawing they will get hot.. (gotter the closer you get to max..)  so lets say 15  so that is a max of 1650.. (oh wait keep in mind your psu will draw MORE than the 1200 it is giving to the machine.. by like.. alot. )  so realistically.. you can do it on 15 amp breakers IF you have pretty much NOTHING else on the circuit.. how to find out? flip a breaker.. what all went off... that;s all on the same circuit. voila.

my bad.. the rest of HIS question. sorry still getting coffee in me.

I think you missed my question. I understand that my power supply will only use up to its maximum but what ASIC voltage setting is that? 13/13/13 or could it be 1/20/1 or what happens if I do 20/20/20 is it going to pop a circuit? The whole point is I'm trying to not pop a circuit at all so let's my setting is 15 amps (just guessing) what does that come down to in terms of asic voltage 13/13/13? 15/15/15 or how can I know? Flipping a breaker is what I'd like to avoid completely!

This you can´t answer in General, because every Miner and hashboard is different.

you guys should look at getting 240v circuit. the one used for dryers here.. you can go upto 50Amps on that and can run 3 D3's easily on a single circuit.

CoinTracking.info CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:50:09 PM

Copyleft radicals, just what we needed Smiley
I think blissz has good intentions, for what I've seen he's far from a greedy guy that cares only about money and gives a shit about others.
Good intentions aside, I think there is a license and it should be respected. I hope blissz can pubilsh whatever source he needs to publish to comply with the GPL virus and still be able to support his work with the devfee.
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:51:34 PM

Stranger you sound like a bully, go ahead and release your crapware, I'll still support blissz. The proper response for you is to make a competing product with better pricing structure (or free, Mr. nice guy), but you can't actually do that. Can you? Ahahahaha

No I'm all for Blissz keeping the fee. Can you not read. The point here is the open source licensed software needs to be open source. Blizzs did a great job with his mod's and I totally support him in that he should be compensated but that has nothing to do with taking open source code and claiming it as his own.
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:10:37 PM

What is the highest I can put my ASIC Voltage to without it breaking/popping any circuits?

Power cost is not the concern and I'm pretty sure the max power draw is 1300 watts from the AMP3++ power supply from bitmain?

I want highest hash rate possible... POWER cost is not a problem the only problem is popping a circuit!

Thanks

Your supply will only give you 1200watts at 120v. So you can't go much higher without killing the supply or starving the boards.

The above is correct but to answer the rest of your question : look in your breaker box. are they 15amp breakers or 20 or what..
take that and x 110 (thought technically 120/240 - real world best to base your math on 110/220)  this will give you  the wattage that
the WHOLE circuit can run..at MAX if your wires are crappy and barely acceptable for the amps you will be drawing they will get hot.. (gotter the closer you get to max..)  so lets say 15  so that is a max of 1650.. (oh wait keep in mind your psu will draw MORE than the 1200 it is giving to the machine.. by like.. alot. )  so realistically.. you can do it on 15 amp breakers IF you have pretty much NOTHING else on the circuit.. how to find out? flip a breaker.. what all went off... that;s all on the same circuit. voila.

I think you missed my question. I understand that my power supply will only use up to its maximum but what ASIC voltage setting is that? 13/13/13 or could it be 1/20/1 or what happens if I do 20/20/20 is it going to pop a circuit? The whole point is I'm trying to not pop a circuit at all so let's my setting is 15 amps (just guessing) what does that come down to in terms of asic voltage 13/13/13? 15/15/15 or how can I know? Flipping a breaker is what I'd like to avoid completely!

This you can´t answer in General, because every Miner and hashboard is different.

you guys should look at getting 240v circuit. the one used for dryers here.. you can go upto 50Amps on that and can run 3 D3's easily on a single circuit.

Missing the point completely. I'm not trying to find an "ideal" or "best hash to cost ratio" on a board. I simply want to know say I have a 15 amp wall outlet that has 110 volts max. Is putting my ASIC miner to 15/15/15 voltage for each board too high and going to pop a circuit? I see the option to do 20/20/20 at highest and 13 is recommended but let's say I put it to 10/18/10 is that too much? How can I tell how many amps my miner is using up? I don't want 3 or anything I just want to avoid breaking the circuit board thing.
stangerm2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

15/15/15 voltage for each board too high and going to pop a circuit?

You are going to fry your hashboards if you don't know what you are doing.  You REALLY shouldn't take the voltages past 13 unless you understand what you are doing and based on your post, it doesn't sound like you do mate. Taking all the way to 18 could instantly & forever kill your hashboard.
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:46:10 PM

Disclaimer: I'm nothing even remotely close to a lawyer, just went and read the GPL - i might have missed some things. and JUST took my first sip of coffee.

Here's a simple version of the GPL https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-general-public-license-v3-(gpl-3) for those of you who aren't involved in anything open-source or legal. Pretty clear cut.

but by doing what you are about to do you will make him cease to work on updating/fixing stuff and in the future not have the desire to share anything that he fixes for himself
Yep that's probably what's going to happen. You fuckers are so greedy to make 1$ more that everyone else, you don't care about supporting crypo you just want to make money. Guess what, everyone has D3's and if everyone's work better it's no different than if they all worked shitty. No one stands to gain from a system of hidden code to protect the financial interest of the few. We might as well just give up and go back to big banks for that.

Thanks for the tl;dr version Smiley  Got coffee in me now too btw Smiley I knew I had a good chance to be wrong on the letter of the "law" there which is why all the disclaimer bit.  I assume the part that fits here is the All code linked with GPL 3.0 source code must be disclosed under a GPL 3.0 compatible license bit? and yeah that is much clearer.
I disagree with the "you fuckers" you is pretty general there - and what few this is pretty publicly available, though I get what you mean by if all d3's come out increased in hashrate then same situation as before.. but lower hashrate and increased profit (by way of using less electricity) does A) no more harm to crypto than bitmain releasing too many of a machine did.. in fact it lessens the impact. and B) makes it where the people who bought them can get more out of them.  side note: if bitmain released very few of a machine it would only benefit the few anyway.. just sayin' - on to supporting crypto altruistically.. is that really what you are doing? the coins are economy driven, so.. there is like money involved in there somewhere. If you want to support crypto AND make a buck what is wrong with that? again just sayin'  Did you install the firmware? Do you mine for free? Do you give all your coins to charity? Would you expect someone in a different field to be as altruistic? - hey that's cool if you do.. but most people won't EVER be like that. Not that they aren't good people and want the best for others (like blissz could have made the firmware for himself and just never released it to anyone but -I do not know this for sure- I'm betting he thought hey let's share this to help people recoup from the plummet) anyway forgot what I was saying. *rofl* maybe still not enough coffee.
Bajula

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:48:30 PM

Thanks

"most" dryers in the us are on a 240v 30 amp circuit.  just an fyi before someone tries to draw 50. Smiley
Cartol

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:05:42 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Vg2lZTR.jpg

Thanks for the tl;dr version Smiley  Got coffee in me now too btw Smiley I knew I had a good chance to be wrong on the letter of the "law" there which is why all the disclaimer bit.  I assume the part that fits here is the All code linked with GPL 3.0 source code must be disclosed under a GPL 3.0 compatible license bit? and yeah that is much clearer.
I disagree with the "you fuckers" you is pretty general there - and what few this is pretty publicly available, though I get what you mean by if all d3's come out increased in hashrate then same situation as before.. but lower hashrate and increased profit (by way of using less electricity) does A) no more harm to crypto than bitmain releasing too many of a machine did.. in fact it lessens the impact. and B) makes it where the people who bought them can get more out of them.  side note: if bitmain released very few of a machine it would only benefit the few anyway.. just sayin' - on to supporting crypto altruistically.. is that really what you are doing? the coins are economy driven, so.. there is like money involved in there somewhere. If you want to support crypto AND make a buck what is wrong with that? again just sayin'  Did you install the firmware? Do you mine for free? Do you give all your coins to charity? Would you expect someone in a different field to be as altruistic? - hey that's cool if you do.. but most people won't EVER be like that. Not that they aren't good people and want the best for others (like blissz could have made the firmware for himself and just never released it to anyone but -I do not know this for sure- I'm betting he thought hey let's share this to help people recoup from the plummet) anyway forgot what I was saying. *rofl* maybe still not enough coffee.

i bet he is using the software aswell. and bites the hand which is feeding him.
in my opinion its even better we can mine with less power usage from the ecological point of view.

is it possible to implement another miner, which is not under GPL?

Bajula

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:12:18 PM

Thanks

Missing the point completely. I'm not trying to find an "ideal" or "best hash to cost ratio" on a board. I simply want to know say I have a 15 amp wall outlet that has 110 volts max. Is putting my ASIC miner to 15/15/15 voltage for each board too high and going to pop a circuit? I see the option to do 20/20/20 at highest and 13 is recommended but let's say I put it to 10/18/10 is that too much? How can I tell how many amps my miner is using up? I don't want 3 or anything I just want to avoid breaking the circuit board thing.

K we need to know more stuff here .. many variables involved.. is it a new house? new apratment building? really old apartment building? warehouse?  is ANYTHING else plugged in on that circuit?  even a tv that is off draws power now-a-days. the bitmain firmware for the 19ghs batches claim 1500+ (can't remember the total number) at the wall. So that is under what your circuit can do. not by much but you should be good unless you have really old wiring. or a weak breaker (happens more than you would think) BUT your psu will only put out a max of 1200 so it might fry the psu trying to put out enough juice..(and still not pop the breaker) but I do not know the miner-side power draw at those settings.. so can't tell you for sure.  each psu/hashingboard/wiring setup/breaker is all different.. this is all rule of thumb kinda stuff. *IF* someone else out there is running 20/20/20 on the same psu as you have then yeah it should be fine. or if someone knows more about the miner-side power draw vs at the wall ??
basically if you can look it up maybe at bitmain. so long as your psu can handle it .. it should not pop the breaker *IF* there is nothing else on the circuit. (on your psu look at the input side.. at 110 and max amps if that number is less than 1600 it shouldn't pop the breaker)
Bajula

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:23:45 PM

i bet he is using the software aswell. and bites the hand which is feeding him.
in my opinion its even better we can mine with less power usage from the ecological point of view.

is it possible to implement another miner, which is not under GPL?

you would have to write it from scratch not using ANY thing that was under the gpl. much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Bajula

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:27:14 PM

No I'm all for Blissz keeping the fee. Can you not read. The point here is the open source licensed software needs to be open source. Blizzs did a great job with his mod's and I totally support him in that he should be compensated but that has nothing to do with taking open source code and claiming it as his own.

Side note: think you might want to go after ebang? They have a "dwangminer" that is clearly based on cgminer no source anywhere, backdoor into the miner, no way for the owner of the miner to change anything.. not even password on the web-ui - cause THERE is someone who might need to be slapped around with the gpl... or just slapped around.
Smiley
mirabunaj

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:37:00 PM

Hi,

If I update the firmware of my D3, will it clear my assigned static ip on the device after the upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:26:28 AM

You are going to fry your hashboards if you don't know what you are doing.  You REALLY shouldn't take the voltages past 13 unless you understand what you are doing and based on your post, it doesn't sound like you do mate. Taking all the way to 18 could instantly & forever kill your hashboard.

Sometimes I wonder why people like this even bother replying... the whole point of me making a post here is not so I can brag about what I already "understand".... it's clearly because I don't and have a question to ask and would like an answer.

Thanks

K we need to know more stuff here .. many variables involved.. is it a new house? new apratment building? really old apartment building? warehouse?  is ANYTHING else plugged in on that circuit?  even a tv that is off draws power now-a-days. the bitmain firmware for the 19ghs batches claim 1500+ (can't remember the total number) at the wall. So that is under what your circuit can do. not by much but you should be good unless you have really old wiring. or a weak breaker (happens more than you would think) BUT your psu will only put out a max of 1200 so it might fry the psu trying to put out enough juice..(and still not pop the breaker) but I do not know the miner-side power draw at those settings.. so can't tell you for sure.  each psu/hashingboard/wiring setup/breaker is all different.. this is all rule of thumb kinda stuff. *IF* someone else out there is running 20/20/20 on the same psu as you have then yeah it should be fine. or if someone knows more about the miner-side power draw vs at the wall ??
basically if you can look it up maybe at bitmain. so long as your psu can handle it .. it should not pop the breaker *IF* there is nothing else on the circuit. (on your psu look at the input side.. at 110 and max amps if that number is less than 1600 it shouldn't pop the breaker)

It's an apartment room with shared power to the room next to it I think? It was built within the last 5-8 years. I appreciate that you say it will only put out a max of 1200 watts but the psu input side is weird because it varies based on if you use a 220 volt house or less I think?

How can I know how many amps I'm currently pulling by having my voltage at 13/13/13 (bitmain default) ?

I think If I knew the bitmain default amps being used vs a standard amps maximum limit in a house that would be great.

Thanks for all the help I've gotten
Bajula

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:45:05 AM

Sometimes I wonder why people like this even bother replying... the whole point of me making a post here is not so I can brag about what I already "understand".... it's clearly because I don't and have a question to ask and would like an answer.

Thanks

It's an apartment room with shared power to the room next to it I think? It was built within the last 5-8 years. I appreciate that you say it will only put out a max of 1200 watts but the psu input side is weird because it varies based on if you use a 220 volt house or less I think?

How can I know how many amps I'm currently pulling by having my voltage at 13/13/13 (bitmain default) ?

I think If I knew the bitmain default amps being used vs a standard amps maximum limit in a house that would be great.

Thanks for all the help I've gotten

K the apt wiring will not be an issue (make that should not.. depending on how cheap the contractors were hehe) and yes power switching psu's will have different inputs (or should) one for 110-ish is the one you want. That tells you what the psu will draw at max. if the 110*max amps on that line is less than 1600 you shouldn't pop the breaker. (lemme know btw since I might get one of these)     - breaker side will be fine.. but not sure how much the miner actually uses (so you don't fry the psu) but if other people are overclocking on the same type of power suplly without it being on 220 you will be fine.
adidia

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:06:43 AM

i need a firmware with  like this blitz but needs to show like original bitman  because some site ban this 4.10.0
i cant find his older versions 11//26 or older

anyone can send please to adi57771@gmail com
darkly spectre

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:18:56 AM

Ok so I am home from my trip to the USA and I finally can upgrade to this firmware.

except for the problem that my D3 is not showing up on my network so I can't upgrade over the network. D3 never worked  Undecided

so I am going to try to use a microSD to try and atleast get it running but I have no single god damn clue how the hell I am going to get this working.

got the beaglebone out but what do I use to flash a microSD and hopefully get it up and running.
stangerm2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:39:44 AM

Ugg I'm not trying to be a jerk man but you are just really missing some big electrical concepts and I don't want you to fry your unit. Let's say it this way, the D3 run's at ~1100 Watts on 13/13/13 at 120v that's 9.2Amps (1100/120 = 9.16). That's your power draw. If you are on a 15 amp breaker switch you shouldn't put much more on it, typically 80% of the rated breaker is the max an electrician will tell you (15 * .8 = 12 amps max). Anything more than 12 Amps on a 15 amp breaker running CONSTANTLY might pop the breaker switch. Now that is out of the way changing to 13/18/13 will draw more current, I'm not sure how much but what I will say it applying that much voltage to the board has the risk of overheating or instantly electrocuting the ASIC chips on the hashboard. Thus if you don't understand these concepts I'd highly recommend you not to go past the 13 setting.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:07:25 AM

Ugg I'm not trying to be a jerk man but you are just really missing some big electrical concepts and I don't want you to fry your unit. Let's say it this way, the D3 run's at ~1100 Watts on 13/13/13 at 120v that's 9.2Amps (1100/120 = 9.16). That's your power draw. If you are on a 15 amp breaker switch you shouldn't put much more on it, typically 80% of the rated breaker is the max an electrician will tell you (15 * .8 = 12 amps max). Anything more than 12 Amps on a 15 amp breaker running CONSTANTLY might pop the breaker switch. Now that is out of the way changing to 13/18/13 will draw more current, I'm not sure how much but what I will say it applying that much voltage to the board has the risk of overheating or instantly electrocuting the ASIC chips on the hashboard. Thus if you don't understand these concepts I'd highly recommend you not to go past the 13 setting.

Agreed 100%. Learning more about messing with electricity is key if you don't want to trash your gear.

That said, if you want to mess around and are more concerned about draw than damaging your D3, you CAN pick up a kill-a-watt and figure out your voltage/draw without math.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: