Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:44:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125833 times)
caleb150

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:18:32 AM

Hi can anyone point me to a guide through of updating the firmware of D3?
Also, if the firmware is updated, the warranty will be void?
segafredo

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

First post:

"Upgrade instructions:
Recommended, at your current firmware, set the miner frequency at 400mhz and set your fan speed manual at 25% before flashing.
Download the custom firmware. (don't unpack it)
Flash by going to "System" -> "Upgrade" -> "Flash new firmware image" and select the custom firmware.
After flashing, check the advanced settings page and start at the lowest voltage setting and 400mhz. From there increase your frequency to see how high you can go at the lowest voltage setting.
Start tweaking some more. See the profile suggestions below."
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:01:34 PM

Nice work Blissz! This is a great mod.
It looks like my blissz D3s don't crash now.

I've been trying different things and one of them was to solo mine.
Dash is way out of might league, but there are other X11 coins too.

Has anybody figured out yet how to switch to getwork instead of stratum?
Or maybe used some stratum-getwork proxy (if that is a thing at all).
The opposite of slush's pool getwork-stratum proxy Smiley

I guess as a final option (but very undesirable one) I could install a private pool, which I desperately try to avoid, because I've never done it and don't know how.
Is there a youtube video how to install X11 pool for dummies? Smiley Preferably on Windows? LOL
clyjr

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:49:20 PM

blissz,
  any chance you would release a fee free version of the firmware with a one time fee instead?
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:59:09 AM

I guess as a final option (but very undesirable one) I could install a private pool, which I desperately try to avoid, because I've never done it and don't know how.
Is there a youtube video how to install X11 pool for dummies? Smiley Preferably on Windows? LOL

tl;dr version: If you couldn't take the time to read through my ramblings you'd never manage to deal with all the conflicting software issues with a pool.. so just don't. Smiley

I did a little home pool. and omg.. EVERY piece of software out there to run pools has some kind of issue, unless you have EXACTLY the hardware/os combo that the guy who wrote it does. (okay I'm exaggerating... but not as much as you'd think)
Anyway apparently we had an electrical issue.. all the bitmain's are fine, but the comp that had the pool on it.. fan fired on video card (wouldn't think it would be that big a deal since it mostly doesn't get used unless the grandkids are using my laptop and I can't just ssh in. Smiley hahaha) after replacing that I'm hung at initializing usb - still working on what is causing that.. thought it was the card reader, but nope.  - so since I'm taking a break from the hardware issues... lemme break some stuff down on the "creating your own pool" thing.
#1 if you are just going to do it for your own use or only tell a couple of friends.. cool. - start spreading that out there and now you gotta go whole hog on security etc.. since every dinky asshole out there goes "target aquired"
#2 Software   - you "can" run a pool on windows. only a couple of pools allow for that though. My favorite was coiniumserv - no one is working on it anymore though and it has alot of little annoying problems.. but hey if you really like digging through tons of code to see what the problems are.... hehe.. it has some pretty neat features, will run on nix or windows etc.. IF you are using a coin it is good with.. bam it will work out well.. half the time the only way to tell is to put it up and run it and see.  it will work or it won't ... next nomp..   so.. umm yeah in theory it will run on windows.. never got it to work..  on nix..(oh I should clarify - I was using ubuntu 14 then 16 through all the *nix side stuff)  it gave me more fits than it was worth. - next I went to unomp.. and lo after some twitching got it to work.. and pretty well too. but it didn't do all I wanted it to do... and as I was looking into some others.. poof.. comp died. I was going to try yiimp or yaamp next..  though recent pools based on those and the glitches they have had I'm a little concerned. but coiniumserv worked for a few coins.. and unomp worked okay for basic "I wanna make a pool so I can solo mine X"  -
#3 hardware  if you have less than 8gb ram .. stick with 1 maaaaybe 2 coins   with 8gb you can do a few more, but when you see it start filling up the swap file constantly time to put a little more in.  other than ram I have yet to see an issue other than I cobbled together the "server" from crap left in my garage ... so if you have an hold piece of trash laying around so long as you can get some memory into it .. or if you only want to do one specific coin - you "can" be good to go.
#4 everything else..    okay so you go to say github get your pool software.. got yourself a little ubuntu machine (or whatever) now the fun begins.. most of this stuff is written to use SPECIFIC versions of things that are getting harder and harder to find. half the time the OS is too up to date to effectively compile the sucker. Pretty much no matter which you pick or try.. you are going to have issues compiling - and you will feel that the computer hates you.. and it will be one thing after another... Smiley
So anyway I'd do coiniumserv first and try.. 'cause when it works it's nice.  - there is a "better" version of it on one of the forks.. vagabond?something I think ...  better as in more likely to work with newer coins. there is a pretty detailed step by step of configuring it all.. oh that's the other thing.. every and I mean EVERY one out there has something in it where the coder felt something was a "given" and assumes you already knew that or your distro just comes with "whatever" and it's not and it doesn't.  then if that fails try unomp - Smiley if you know that the coin you want to mine has had significant changes in the last couple of years or is a newer coin or is hybrid pow/pos then skip to unomp.
oh and when it comes time to compile coin wallets.. oh what fun..  half of them out there would compile fine on ubuntu12 - but then the pool software will be like.. wait what?!?!  I was tempted to pick out a pile of wallets compile them all on 12 (if I can find it) and then upgrade it to 14 and put on pool software and see what happened. hehe.  okay again this is some exaggeration.. some wallets will be fine, some will give you fits.. some will have a binary already built for your distro of whatever.
#5 a proxy... I'm working on it. Smiley but I have like 50 pokers in various fires.. so ummmm yeah.  I had something working long ago using a combo of stralheims??? can't remember the name proxy and bfgminer (where both were on the comp with the wallet) but I can't remember how I did it (it was a long time ago) sadly bfgminer while it can "be" a proxy it HATES cgminer based things.. and I mean hates.. I am surprised when you try to connect one that it doesn't pop up a message saying "cgminer detected - screw that guy" - Smiley

anyway... there is my 2 cents on that.
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:13:14 AM

tl;dr version: If you couldn't take the time to read through my ramblings you'd never manage to deal with all the conflicting software issues with a pool.. so just don't. Smiley

I did a little home pool. and omg.. EVERY piece of software out there to run pools has some kind of issue, unless you have EXACTLY the hardware/os combo that the guy who wrote it does. (okay I'm exaggerating... but not as much as you'd think)
Anyway apparently we had an electrical issue.. all the bitmain's are fine, but the comp that had the pool on it.. fan fired on video card (wouldn't think it would be that big a deal since it mostly doesn't get used unless the grandkids are using my laptop and I can't just ssh in. Smiley hahaha) after replacing that I'm hung at initializing usb - still working on what is causing that.. thought it was the card reader, but nope.  - so since I'm taking a break from the hardware issues... lemme break some stuff down on the "creating your own pool" thing.
#1 if you are just going to do it for your own use or only tell a couple of friends.. cool. - start spreading that out there and now you gotta go whole hog on security etc.. since every dinky asshole out there goes "target aquired"
#2 Software   - you "can" run a pool on windows. only a couple of pools allow for that though. My favorite was coiniumserv - no one is working on it anymore though and it has alot of little annoying problems.. but hey if you really like digging through tons of code to see what the problems are.... hehe.. it has some pretty neat features, will run on nix or windows etc.. IF you are using a coin it is good with.. bam it will work out well.. half the time the only way to tell is to put it up and run it and see.  it will work or it won't ... next nomp..   so.. umm yeah in theory it will run on windows.. never got it to work..  on nix..(oh I should clarify - I was using ubuntu 14 then 16 through all the *nix side stuff)  it gave me more fits than it was worth. - next I went to unomp.. and lo after some twitching got it to work.. and pretty well too. but it didn't do all I wanted it to do... and as I was looking into some others.. poof.. comp died. I was going to try yiimp or yaamp next..  though recent pools based on those and the glitches they have had I'm a little concerned. but coiniumserv worked for a few coins.. and unomp worked okay for basic "I wanna make a pool so I can solo mine X"  -
#3 hardware  if you have less than 8gb ram .. stick with 1 maaaaybe 2 coins   with 8gb you can do a few more, but when you see it start filling up the swap file constantly time to put a little more in.  other than ram I have yet to see an issue other than I cobbled together the "server" from crap left in my garage ... so if you have an hold piece of trash laying around so long as you can get some memory into it .. or if you only want to do one specific coin - you "can" be good to go.
#4 everything else..    okay so you go to say github get your pool software.. got yourself a little ubuntu machine (or whatever) now the fun begins.. most of this stuff is written to use SPECIFIC versions of things that are getting harder and harder to find. half the time the OS is too up to date to effectively compile the sucker. Pretty much no matter which you pick or try.. you are going to have issues compiling - and you will feel that the computer hates you.. and it will be one thing after another... Smiley
So anyway I'd do coiniumserv first and try.. 'cause when it works it's nice.  - there is a "better" version of it on one of the forks.. vagabond?something I think ...  better as in more likely to work with newer coins. there is a pretty detailed step by step of configuring it all.. oh that's the other thing.. every and I mean EVERY one out there has something in it where the coder felt something was a "given" and assumes you already knew that or your distro just comes with "whatever" and it's not and it doesn't.  then if that fails try unomp - Smiley if you know that the coin you want to mine has had significant changes in the last couple of years or is a newer coin or is hybrid pow/pos then skip to unomp.
oh and when it comes time to compile coin wallets.. oh what fun..  half of them out there would compile fine on ubuntu12 - but then the pool software will be like.. wait what?!?!  I was tempted to pick out a pile of wallets compile them all on 12 (if I can find it) and then upgrade it to 14 and put on pool software and see what happened. hehe.  okay again this is some exaggeration.. some wallets will be fine, some will give you fits.. some will have a binary already built for your distro of whatever.
#5 a proxy... I'm working on it. Smiley but I have like 50 pokers in various fires.. so ummmm yeah.  I had something working long ago using a combo of stralheims??? can't remember the name proxy and bfgminer (where both were on the comp with the wallet) but I can't remember how I did it (it was a long time ago) sadly bfgminer while it can "be" a proxy it HATES cgminer based things.. and I mean hates.. I am surprised when you try to connect one that it doesn't pop up a message saying "cgminer detected - screw that guy" - Smiley

anyway... there is my 2 cents on that.

Very good information. I have no intention to share/(open ports on) my pool. Hell - I have no intention of running a pool at all if possible!
My only idea is to mine solo suitable coins. So my questions:

1. does cgminer (antminer's version in particular) support getwork? I would think no - but not sure, that's why I'm asking.
2. getwork proxy - basically turn stratum back into getwork so D3 to mine against a wallet (deamon or qt). You answered this with #5, right?

Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:27:42 AM

Very good information. I have no intention to share/(open ports on) my pool. Hell - I have no intention of running a pool at all if possible!
My only idea is to mine solo suitable coins. So my questions:

1. does cgminer (antminer's version in particular) support getwork? I would think no - but not sure, that's why I'm asking.
2. getwork proxy - basically turn stratum back into getwork so D3 to mine against a wallet (deamon or qt). You answered this with #5, right?

Hehe okay cgminer (antminer's version) seems to support getwork ONLY for the 256 machines. - I do not have an s9 so not 100% sure there.
the scrypt and x11 are a big ol' nope.

and yeah #5 ... "workin' on it." ** side note inspired by this conversation I got back to work on the lil' pool server.. after much gnashing of teeth and screaming of obscenities and a little bit of blood sacrifice.. (not sure why that seems to help when dealing with hardware....)  figure it out... sort of.. hahaha.. when I went to look at the memory sticks to see about upgrading them I put them back in diff slots.. I mean really exactly the same sticks.. different slots suddenly it won't boot?!?!  switch em out.. put it all back together.. annnnnnd does it boot? NO! but it gets farther than before.. now the bootloader is flipping out on me.. some coffee for me and back to it. Smiley    once I get this thing back up and running, and mess with my mutant embedded project a little more I'll see if I can't find out how I did the reverse fake proxy thing and then hope it still works (lots of software including how many of the wallets work has been changed/updated etc...  so it might not work at all.. might work with only a few coins. - but if you get tired of waiting on me there is always the heartache that is coiniumserv. Bwhahahahahahaha..

** workin' on it: it is a little like SOON<tm> but with a slightly higher chance of it actually happening. *rofl* the intent to complete is there, but life has a way of distracting... oh pretty....

Crazytoo

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:01:31 AM

After installing the firmware i cant login in to the ssh connection the root /admin dont work anymore

HELP please ....

Try a reset first. If that won't work you might have to do a recover with the micro sd card method as described on the first page.

Just so its clear reset the machine by pushing the reset button / or do you mean reset by reflashing stock firmware (did i change the password ?)

thanks man

i know that there is a lot of questions but can you give me an answer Huh
adidia

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:59:51 AM

does anyone know where i can download older versions that show 4.9.0  instead of the 4.10.0  some sites bad this firmware

maybe the 25/11   version
Brubittrader

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:03:53 AM

Try to remove the #xnsub at the end of the server address. I don't know why, but this worked for me in the same case!

After install Blissz Firmare ,
I tried to use ANTpool setting

But the pool always Dead !

But any other pool are live

Are bitmain block the miner from using their pool ?

Help Please
Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:11:22 AM

After installing the firmware i cant login in to the ssh connection the root /admin dont work anymore

HELP please ....

Try a reset first. If that won't work you might have to do a recover with the micro sd card method as described on the first page.

Just so its clear reset the machine by pushing the reset button / or do you mean reset by reflashing stock firmware (did i change the password ?)

thanks man

i know that there is a lot of questions but can you give me an answer Huh

First you should clarify the question. #1 (I'm digging doing this #'d lines thing now aren't I?)  root/admin was never the basic usr/pw combo for bitmain.. from the factory they are root/root. If that solves your problem... well I... can't even...  

#2 Where you said "just so its clear....  " nothing after the word clear ... is.   Are you asking if what he meant was reset or reflash? 'cause dude.. if you can't get in you CAN'T flash.. so... completely pointless question.

#3 did you change the password... my instinct was to say you had BETTER have.. but the asking about root/admin kinda suggests you probably didn't.

#4 coming back in and asking after an answer after that much time had passed.. why didn't you hold in the reset button for a few seconds and go at it from the beginning already? I mean if you were under the impression it was either one thing (reset) or the other (reflash) I'd think you would have at least tried one already. (and we already know one won't work.) and if it didn't work you come back with not just bumping the question but with "I did this and this.. it didn't work..."  and THEN reask the question.. or whatever.

#5 If any of this comes off snarky.. well I've been up too long, it was meant to convey humor, and I truly want you to get your machine working and am willing to help... but I also wanna say really man.. really? a little bit too. Smiley

#6.. I just can't stop myself from doing another #thing. Smiley

Seriously part of me hopes it was root/admin vs root/root 'cause then it will be all hunky dory.. even though if it *IS* that I am also going to scream.
Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:13:07 AM

does anyone know where i can download older versions that show 4.9.0  instead of the 4.10.0  some sites bad this firmware

Keep scrolling back pages and you should find one.. if not figure out which # it is by going to the one just before he put 4.10.0 in and then holler .. someone will likely have a copy and be willing to upload it.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:19:51 AM

I'm buying D3s in America if anyone's selling.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
adidia

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

Keep scrolling back pages and you should find one.. if not figure out which # it is by going to the one just before he put 4.10.0 in and then holler .. someone will likely have a copy and be willing to upload it.

i did not find active links all are dead that is why i am asking
Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

Wrote a reply realized it was a bit snarky and deleted it.. so basically I am to assume that MAYBE 25/11 means DEFINITELY 25/11?
I'll see if I have that.
Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

Wrote a reply realized it was a bit snarky and deleted it.. so basically I am to assume that MAYBE 25/11 means DEFINITELY 25/11?
I'll see if I have that.

Seems I do not.. probably due to the warning of : Please update versions older then 26/11 as it can damage your D3.  So.. just a heads up if you manage to find someone who has a copy.
adidia

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:40:08 AM

[/quote]

Seems I do not.. probably due to the warning of : Please update versions older then 26/11 as it can damage your D3.  So.. just a heads up if you manage to find someone who has a copy.

[/quote]

maybe version   26/11  last one before the 4.10.0

i have AC cooled box i am not worry even if fans fail.
Bajula

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:43:48 AM

[/quote]

maybe version   26/11  last one before the 4.10.0

i have AC cooled box i am not worry even if fans fail.
[/quote]

oldest one I can find of mine is 11/29 but I'm sure someone will have it.
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:59:49 PM

I have the following versions saved if any use to you:

20/11/17
21/11/17
26/11/17
28/11/17
adidia

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:00:34 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 07:34:40 PM by adidia

I have the following versions saved if any use to you:

20/11/17
21/11/17
26/11/17
28/11/17

20,21,26.  Where can I download ?  

Or can you send In email I appreciate.
adi57771@gmail com

i will remove my post if someone send me a copy ... nobody did so far Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: