Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125855 times)
ChilliWinter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:25:09 PM

Hi All,

- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

Ho yes please go on this S9 too ^^

Cloakcoin, Blocknet and Syscoin supporter
funminer

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:24:55 PM

Hi,

Please, anybody has firmware for D3 from Nov 2?

Thanks
The orig. Firmware from Bitmain?
SigLogic1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:57:46 AM

Blissz,

I second the suggestion of using a flat fee, I really have no issue either way, but I would think that way probably makes the greatest number of people happy and it compensates you for your work and keeps the project going....

Just my 2 cents.
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:43:02 AM

Dblissz,

I do appreciate your work on the firmware.  However for the advancement of the software development, I would really appreciate you could release the source code so that others could stand on your shoulder and improve upon it.  You can still have donation addr posted, for those who would like to donation you a flat fee.

Thanks

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:40:05 AM

Bitmain has just released the new antminer A3 with Blake2b algo for Siacoin.... It has the same chip as the D3, which tells me there is no reason why we can't change algos on our D3's. Please look into this and report back.
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:54:32 AM

You know what, fuck it, Blissz do what you want man. I'm not going to bother you or mess with your project or your code. I just wanted to help you and contribute to the project but I re-read my posts and I've been a monster. I'm sorry for that. Do whatever you feel like. I'm not going to do anything.

Why were you such an asshole and then you go and retract it all and say fuck it? Did you just want to prove you could be a monster and get him to give in, and then once you saw you won you said fuck it?? Wow...
You know, he's helped us out a sure hell of a bunch more then you have.
tperalta82

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:55:52 AM

Bitmain has just released the new antminer A3 with Blake2b algo for Siacoin.... It has the same chip as the D3, which tells me there is no reason why we can't change algos on our D3's. Please look into this and report back.

ACtually they're different

D3 BM1760
A3 BM1720
ollieskats

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

you know a lot of people donates, Just saying if you are going to release a non dev fee, you should put your coin addresses somewhere so we can donate.
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:05:53 AM

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

There are some consequences in releasing the source though:

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...
- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Legit alternatives instead of releasing the sourcecode

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

*Ahem*

There is also option Z, where you just carry on regardless and nobody without their head up their arse really minds as you're doing the community a service.  I mean it's not like you're actually doing anything illegal by violating the GPL (it's a civil matter not criminal).

I'd be up for continuing to trial any new unpublished BETAs though.
rvalente

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:35:44 AM

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

*Ahem*

There is also option Z, where you just carry on regardless and nobody without their head up their arse really minds as you're doing the community a service.  I mean it's not like you're actually doing anything illegal by violating the GPL (it's a civil matter not criminal).

I'd be up for continuing to trial any new unpublished BETAs though.

Simple : Blissz start selling it`s bios mod with Paypal option. Lock the bios version someway based on the Asic Serial number. Done!
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:08:40 AM

You know what, fuck it, Blissz do what you want man. I'm not going to bother you or mess with your project or your code. I just wanted to help you and contribute to the project but I re-read my posts and I've been a monster. I'm sorry for that. Do whatever you feel like. I'm not going to do anything.

Why were you such an asshole and then you go and retract it all and say fuck it? Did you just want to prove you could be a monster and get him to give in, and then once you saw you won you said fuck it?? Wow...

While I disagree with what he was threatening, I can understand the why. I don't think it was about winning, it was about the license rules.. or perhaps integrity and the good of the community. From his side violating the gpl (which really should be written a little more clearly by the way. hehe) was a greater detriment than the wide-spread use of the firmware was a benefit. Now he seems to have changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that.
But what do I know, maybe he has that hang-dog thing where once you start on something you find it difficult to let go (I know I do) and he had a "dickish" day and it went from there? aaaaand now he's changed his mind. Again, nothing wrong with that* I don't really know, but I do know that attacking someone who has moved over to your side of an argument (or at least stopped opposing you) it not going to do anyone any good. (Well a little venting never hurt anyone.. unless you vent with a baseball bat in your hand.. don't vent with a baseball bat in your hand.. or an axe.. )

*I'm aware american society at least has started placing a value on hurt feelings as if they were physical injuries, so if you view it that way then you disagree with my "nothing wrong with that" statement. Though I will defend the statement with : People need to learn the difference between being emotionally abused and having their feelings hurt. - just sayin'

Okay dunno how I got all philosophical in the middle of that, but hey.. I'm pretty much all about spewing stuff off the top of me head soooo.. post!
SimpleCoin8

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:38 AM

Blissz, don’t release your source code to anyone. It’s yours. If people don’t want to support the dev fee, they can revert to the firmware provided by Bitmain. If you could introduce a better way to get the dev fee that would allow for more stable mining, that would be great though.

No need to release your code to these whining people.
rvalente

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

Blissz, don’t release your source code to anyone. It’s yours. If people don’t want to support the dev fee, they can revert to the firmware provided by Bitmain. If you could introduce a better way to get the dev fee that would allow for more stable mining, that would be great though.

AGREED! Perfect! Keep that to you... Anyone that does not like to contribute... Use the sucking bitmain firmware back.
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:13:30 PM

Most of us have no problem with the dev fee or a flat fee and for those that do it's very easy to work around and disable altogether. Flat fee would be preferred though however, when you claim he shouldn't release the source and that it's his you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Ask yourself, why does Bitmain release their source instead of just claiming it as their own? Without Bitmain's source none of this would be possible. Without cgminer's source, Bitmain couldn't have made the original product. Without many other packages also included and freely sourced cgminer couldn't have made their software etc.... The GPL exists for a reason, to stop people from stealing code and repackaging it as their own and to further advancement in a free and open way.

Blissz' work is great here and by releasing the source he's doing the right thing. He can continue to improve upon it and continue to leave the dev fee in if he chooses. Others should also be free to see his changes to the source and also improve upon them. If this isn't acceptable then I would encourage everyone to work together here to build a new firmware completely from scratch and license it with something like the MIT license without using any software that's currently licensed under the GPL. Without releasing the source, he would be opening himself up to multiple lawsuits should his real identity ever be discovered.

Please don't encourage theft, the crypto community has enough problems to deal already. No need to throw potential lawsuits into the mix as well.
sanitariu

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM

Desolutionary - give more information about that version. You can PM me. I am using beta 2
tufail_74

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:53:56 PM

I hope the dust is settled and let us request blissz to concentrate in finalization of V2
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

Without Bitmain's source none of this would be possible. Without cgminer's source, Bitmain couldn't have made the original product. Without many other packages also included and freely sourced cgminer couldn't have made their software etc.... The GPL exists for a reason, to stop people from stealing code and repackaging it as their own and to further advancement in a free and open way.

My man. Thank you, you get it.
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 03:51:42 PM by stangerm2

I still think keeping the code closed is wrong, morally, yet I empathize with his concerns (Bitmain using the code, idiots trying to modify it and wreaking peoples gear, ext). Ultimately though, I changed my mind because I didn't like the person I was being and I was not proud of my means to the end attitude. I realize people here don't get software and certainly don't get open-source, generally speaking, but it's a progress thing and I see people don't get that, they keep thinking it's about the fee. I did get what I wanted, Blissz knows now and he will have to figure out for himself what is right and wrong. I got carried away in making this an ultimatum, when all I wanted to do was send a message.

https://i.imgur.com/Vg2lZTR.jpg
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

stangerm2  your altitude was a little strong, but it was for a good cause.  Open source benefits everybody.  I think you are doing fine.

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:01:04 AM

Hi All,

My proposal

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz
To add some encouragement to getting the source released, I'll be issuing a DMCA takedown to have bitcointalk remove this thread for copyright violations in 24 hours if the complete corresponding source code for all the distributed firmware binaries is not uploaded by then. I am a one of a number of cgminer copyright holders.

Mining Software Developer.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: