Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125816 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:45:24 PM

Flat fee was never an option.
I'm willing to pay a flat fee? is that still an option? (or not or never has been?)

I see things are kinda in flux here..just asking

if anyone has time to get me up to speed

brad

ok..not an issue...my stuff is running fine and making little money anyway..thus if a flat fee may have

got it for the tax write off in bulk this year ..what the heck as a month to month drip etc...and my

miners running fine on bitmain firmware..no incentive..or I should say less incentive to experiment

on the other hand with crypto tanking perhaps I don't need to worry about a 50% tax rate any more

and deductions (40% fed and 10% state) .....

anyway, thanks for the info..was where I was coming from on the question ..sitting on the fence getting this

firmware or not

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clyjr

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:51:23 PM

blissz,
   I would recommend you release the source with your dev fee included but as an optional percentage.  This would allow people with multiple miners to set a dev fee percentage on one miner to handle the dev fees for the other miners so they wouldn't need to switch pools.  You may even find some people setting a percentage higher than 1.5%.

Also, a flat fee for a "prebuilt" version would be nice, or maybe just donations and hope most people aren't over greedy.  

As a developer myself, I'm really interested to look through the changes you made.  If you release the code to the wild I would most likely build a dev fee free version to use myself, but I would be happy to donate a one time fee for your help.  

Hopefully you will find that there are more people that appreciate your work and are willing to donate a one time or percentage fee than those that are just looking to leech off your work...

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

There are some consequences in releasing the source though:

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...
- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Legit alternatives instead of releasing the sourcecode

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz
sanitariu

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

I would like to see the code too but will still use the binary version from you.
I just do not have time and proper knowledge how to build by myself.
But i think you should supply version with 24 hours 15 minutes dev pool as i suggested before.
Thanks for your efforts and i would be happy to see the code.
tufail_74

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:02:41 PM

I think that once a day shift is far better than small jumps. let it be once say same time everyday for 15mint. then you keep mining or whenever the miner starts first mine for dev fee and use the same time everyday.
ChilliWinter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:25:09 PM

Hi All,

- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

Ho yes please go on this S9 too ^^

Cloakcoin, Blocknet and Syscoin supporter
funminer

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:24:55 PM

Hi,

Please, anybody has firmware for D3 from Nov 2?

Thanks
The orig. Firmware from Bitmain?
Desolutionary

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

Hate to break it to a few people but there is already a no dev fee version of 1.12v floating around out there, and after testing it I can confirm it fixes the issues where the miner switches to dev fee then fails to connect properly back to the user pool.

https://image.ibb.co/fhstP6/Nofee.jpg

SigLogic1

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:57:46 AM

Blissz,

I second the suggestion of using a flat fee, I really have no issue either way, but I would think that way probably makes the greatest number of people happy and it compensates you for your work and keeps the project going....

Just my 2 cents.
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:43:02 AM

Dblissz,

I do appreciate your work on the firmware.  However for the advancement of the software development, I would really appreciate you could release the source code so that others could stand on your shoulder and improve upon it.  You can still have donation addr posted, for those who would like to donation you a flat fee.

Thanks

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:40:05 AM

Bitmain has just released the new antminer A3 with Blake2b algo for Siacoin.... It has the same chip as the D3, which tells me there is no reason why we can't change algos on our D3's. Please look into this and report back.
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:54:32 AM

You know what, fuck it, Blissz do what you want man. I'm not going to bother you or mess with your project or your code. I just wanted to help you and contribute to the project but I re-read my posts and I've been a monster. I'm sorry for that. Do whatever you feel like. I'm not going to do anything.

Why were you such an asshole and then you go and retract it all and say fuck it? Did you just want to prove you could be a monster and get him to give in, and then once you saw you won you said fuck it?? Wow...
You know, he's helped us out a sure hell of a bunch more then you have.
tperalta82

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:55:52 AM

Bitmain has just released the new antminer A3 with Blake2b algo for Siacoin.... It has the same chip as the D3, which tells me there is no reason why we can't change algos on our D3's. Please look into this and report back.

ACtually they're different

D3 BM1760
A3 BM1720
ollieskats

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

you know a lot of people donates, Just saying if you are going to release a non dev fee, you should put your coin addresses somewhere so we can donate.
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:05:53 AM

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

*Ahem*

There is also option Z, where you just carry on regardless and nobody without their head up their arse really minds as you're doing the community a service.  I mean it's not like you're actually doing anything illegal by violating the GPL (it's a civil matter not criminal).

I'd be up for continuing to trial any new unpublished BETAs though.
rvalente

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:35:44 AM

Hi All,

My proposal

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz

*Ahem*

There is also option Z, where you just carry on regardless and nobody without their head up their arse really minds as you're doing the community a service.  I mean it's not like you're actually doing anything illegal by violating the GPL (it's a civil matter not criminal).

I'd be up for continuing to trial any new unpublished BETAs though.

Simple : Blissz start selling it`s bios mod with Paypal option. Lock the bios version someway based on the Asic Serial number. Done!
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:08:40 AM

You know what, fuck it, Blissz do what you want man. I'm not going to bother you or mess with your project or your code. I just wanted to help you and contribute to the project but I re-read my posts and I've been a monster. I'm sorry for that. Do whatever you feel like. I'm not going to do anything.

Why were you such an asshole and then you go and retract it all and say fuck it? Did you just want to prove you could be a monster and get him to give in, and then once you saw you won you said fuck it?? Wow...
You know, he's helped us out a sure hell of a bunch more then you have.

While I disagree with what he was threatening, I can understand the why. I don't think it was about winning, it was about the license rules.. or perhaps integrity and the good of the community. From his side violating the gpl (which really should be written a little more clearly by the way. hehe) was a greater detriment than the wide-spread use of the firmware was a benefit. Now he seems to have changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that.
But what do I know, maybe he has that hang-dog thing where once you start on something you find it difficult to let go (I know I do) and he had a "dickish" day and it went from there? aaaaand now he's changed his mind. Again, nothing wrong with that* I don't really know, but I do know that attacking someone who has moved over to your side of an argument (or at least stopped opposing you) it not going to do anyone any good. (Well a little venting never hurt anyone.. unless you vent with a baseball bat in your hand.. don't vent with a baseball bat in your hand.. or an axe.. )

*I'm aware american society at least has started placing a value on hurt feelings as if they were physical injuries, so if you view it that way then you disagree with my "nothing wrong with that" statement. Though I will defend the statement with : People need to learn the difference between being emotionally abused and having their feelings hurt. - just sayin'

Okay dunno how I got all philosophical in the middle of that, but hey.. I'm pretty much all about spewing stuff off the top of me head soooo.. post!
SimpleCoin8

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:38 AM

Blissz, don’t release your source code to anyone. It’s yours. If people don’t want to support the dev fee, they can revert to the firmware provided by Bitmain. If you could introduce a better way to get the dev fee that would allow for more stable mining, that would be great though.

No need to release your code to these whining people.
rvalente

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

Blissz, don’t release your source code to anyone. It’s yours. If people don’t want to support the dev fee, they can revert to the firmware provided by Bitmain. If you could introduce a better way to get the dev fee that would allow for more stable mining, that would be great though.

AGREED! Perfect! Keep that to you... Anyone that does not like to contribute... Use the sucking bitmain firmware back.
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:13:30 PM

Most of us have no problem with the dev fee or a flat fee and for those that do it's very easy to work around and disable altogether. Flat fee would be preferred though however, when you claim he shouldn't release the source and that it's his you couldn't possibly be more wrong. Ask yourself, why does Bitmain release their source instead of just claiming it as their own? Without Bitmain's source none of this would be possible. Without cgminer's source, Bitmain couldn't have made the original product. Without many other packages also included and freely sourced cgminer couldn't have made their software etc.... The GPL exists for a reason, to stop people from stealing code and repackaging it as their own and to further advancement in a free and open way.

Blissz' work is great here and by releasing the source he's doing the right thing. He can continue to improve upon it and continue to leave the dev fee in if he chooses. Others should also be free to see his changes to the source and also improve upon them. If this isn't acceptable then I would encourage everyone to work together here to build a new firmware completely from scratch and license it with something like the MIT license without using any software that's currently licensed under the GPL. Without releasing the source, he would be opening himself up to multiple lawsuits should his real identity ever be discovered.

Please don't encourage theft, the crypto community has enough problems to deal already. No need to throw potential lawsuits into the mix as well.
sanitariu

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM

Desolutionary - give more information about that version. You can PM me. I am using beta 2
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: