Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FLO] A Worldwide Public Record | Alexandria | ETDB | Medici | 0.15 Segwit  (Read 515901 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:16:46 AM

Suprnova pool down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blocktechceo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 01:31:59 AM by blocktechceo

So, why florin? And, Is ALEXANDRIA's about to use Storj as its base?

We used Florin because it allows 528 bytes of messages to be attached to each transaction and because it has a short blocktime (40 seconds) which was conducive being able to discover recently-published content quickly, and also because Alexandria's lead dev is the co-lead dev of Florincoin. We'll be integrating some Storj* functionality when they're ready to rock - namely to let publishers (optionally) create storage and seeding contracts with storj metadisk users, but we have no plans for it to replace Florin's current capacity as our publishing ledger.

Devon

*Edit - actually, we plan to evaluate using Storj, Filecoin and Maidsafe for this functionality. All aim to provide the same service in slightly different ways and all are very exciting projects. If you don't know of them, you can check them out at:
http://www.storj.io
http://www.filecoin.io
http://maidsafe.net/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:46:31 AM

We used Florin because it allows 528 bytes of messages to be attached to each transaction and because it has a short blocktime (40 seconds) which was conducive being able to discover recently-published content quickly, and also because Alexandria's lead dev is the co-lead dev of Florincoin. We'll be integrating some Storj* functionality when they're ready to rock - namely to let publishers (optionally) create storage and seeding contracts with storj metadisk users, but we have no plans for it to replace Florin's current capacity as our publishing ledger.

Devon

*Edit - actually, we plan to evaluate using Storj, Filecoin and Maidsafe for this functionality. All aim to provide the same service in slightly different ways and all are very exciting projects. If you don't know of them, you can check them out at:

Since this is not a secret project can you clarify who the co-lead devs of Alexandria are?  Right now I presume they are Joey and Bryce but it would be nice to know for sure.

Also, you say you're evaluating using the other cryptos so is FlorinCoin not a guaranteed use for Alexandria? 

Thank you for your input and clarification.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
blocktechceo

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:11:23 AM

So, why florin? And, Is ALEXANDRIA's about to use Storj as its base?

Devon

Can you verify you're really you via Twitter or something? New account n' all....

No prob: https://twitter.com/BlocktechCEO/status/576203624193331200
blocktechceo

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:19:07 AM

Devon

Since this is not a secret project can you clarify who the co-lead devs of Alexandria are?  Right now I presume they are Joey and Bryce but it would be nice to know for sure.

Also, you say you're evaluating using the other cryptos so is FlorinCoin not a guaranteed use for Alexandria?  

Thank you for your input and clarification.

Hi Vlad - The developers of Alexandria are Joey Fiscella (back end), Ryan Taylor (front end) and Niv Sardi (back end), and Ryan Jordan is the UI/UX designer. Bryce left Blocktech back in October and has not worked on Alexandria.  We're evaluating other cryptos to add additional functionality for publishers, but Florin will continue to function as our publishing blockchain, the backbone of the library.

Glad i could clear things up Smiley

Devon
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:22:23 AM

Hi Vlad - The developers of Alexandria are Joey Fiscella (back end), Ryan Taylor (front end) and Niv Sardi (back end), and Ryan Jordan is the UI/UX designer. Bryce left Blocktech back in October and has not worked on Alexandria.  We're evaluating other cryptos to add additional functionality for publishers, but Florin will continue to function as our publishing blockchain, the backbone of the library.

Glad i could clear things up Smiley

Devon

Thanks for the prompt response, Devon.  I did hear about what happened to Bryce but one can not count on rumors so thanks for clarifying.

And also thanks for clarifying that the other coins you are evaluating will only be used in addition to FlorinCoin.

That is excellent news.

Best regards...

blocktechceo

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:32:19 AM

We're evaluating other cryptos to add additional functionality for publishers, but Florin will continue to function as our publishing blockchain, the backbone of the library.

Let me be more clear.

In the world I see, a multitude of blockchains will serve niche purposes, and tools like ShapeShift will be used to handle the relatively frictionless process of trading from whatever "reserve" currency a particular user carries, into the coin used for whatever particular process they are requesting. In this world, I would expect there will be 1-5 clear market cap leaders for that "reserve" currency, and dozens or hundreds of niche coins providing specialized services. Miner hashes will ebb and flow between them, so that as one networks drops in value, its hash rate will as well, and miners will be able to smoothly move to another network, rather than simply be forced to shut their hardware down. A stable version of this world is still a few years away, I'd guess.

However, the current silicon valley push for one-blockchain-to-rule-them-all with pegged sidechains a-la blockstream may lead to a world where there is only one dominant blockchain, with a multitude of pegged chains providing those niche services I spoke of. Unfortunately, in this instance, when the coin value drops from time to time, miners will be left with only the choices of selling at a loss, or turning off their miners. So, I don't see it as the 'best' scenario for the world, but the value peg between bitcoin and the sidechains may correct for this. Regardless, my point is simply that we want Alexandria to work as well as possible. If people are willing to accept a multi-blockchain world, we'll be sticking with Flo for our publishing ledger, and adding other coins for whatever other niche services they may offer, but if the industry is going to migrate to a mono-blockchain solution, and it actually works as well, we'll likely move the same direction. Only time will tell, of course.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:33:17 AM

Heya

Just FYI that we're mining FLO on our multipool: www.xpool.ca and miners have the option to keep their FLO just by entering their FLO address in their user settings.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:41:39 AM

I've had my eye on this project since it was first announced a year or so ago.  Looking forward to checking it out... and maybe recording a few tutorials!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:02:25 AM

I've had my eye on this project since it was first announced a year or so ago.  Looking forward to checking it out... and maybe recording a few tutorials!

If I had known I would have bought 10% of the coin for nothing but a few BTC.

What I understood at the time was that they would use FLO but only temporarily.  I had no idea Joey was co-lead dev and that FlorinCoin was a guaranteed core player.  I guess it's not too late.  lol

CCA

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:27:58 AM

This may be a good time to softly announce that myself and Metacoin are working on a decentralized foundation for florincoin and the apps being created around it.

More information will be coming in the next few months.

It will be a 100% proof of stake (holding florincoin) voting foundation to fund projects related to florincoin proliferation.

Website is still in its formative stages, but it will be hosted in the next few weeks at foundation.florincoin.info, the same site as the current florincoin block explorer, and will serve to be a sounding ground and forum for community members and developers of florincoin.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:32:56 AM

This may be a good time to softly announce that myself and Metacoin are working on a decentralized foundation for florincoin and the apps being created around it.

More information will be coming in the next few months.

It will be a 100% proof of stake (holding florincoin) voting foundation to fund projects related to florincoin proliferation.

Website is still in its formative stages, but it will be hosted in the next few weeks at foundation.florincoin.info, the same site as the current florincoin block explorer, and will serve to be a sounding ground and forum for community members and developers of florincoin.

More GREAT news.

Why aren't you guys announcing this stuff to the crypto media?  Especially the progress on Alexandria.  No, I was wrong, Bryce ain't helping out, if he were - the whole Crypto-World would know by now.  lol

metacoin

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:14:48 AM

Heya

Just FYI that we're mining FLO on our multipool: www.xpool.ca and miners have the option to keep their FLO just by entering their FLO address in their user settings.

Cheers!
Cool, thanks crackfoo Smiley good to see new pools online every day.

There is a small part of the protocol that we haven't decided on yet: We want to make it a requirement, in Alexandria, that when users post media they must contribute an additional small FLO fee to the miners. We believe incentivizing miners to participate in the network by requiring all users of the FLO block chain as a protocol layer to contribute to the miners in some way. This is an important anti-spam measure, as well as additional compensation for the miners' work; verifying and storing these extra protocol tx-comments and transaction data on their machines.

Q: Why not just raise FLO fees across the board (since fees are calculated by transaction size in bytes anyway)?
A: FLO users who do not participate in Alexandria should not be negatively affected by additional systems running on the block chain.

With this requirement in place, miners can receive a reward for their work above and beyond the coinbase subsidy they already collect. If no one has any objections to this, we will most likely require a 1-5 FLO fee (paid to the miners) for each new publisher / media submission added to the block chain. The protocol will ignore transactions without a fee, even if they contain valid protocol data in the tx-comment.

Why aren't you guys announcing this stuff to the crypto media?  Especially the progress on Alexandria.
The beta of Alexandria is not nearly complete enough to release yet, though it does work well enough as an MVP. Our intention is to release the project to the media after it's been polished and tested thoroughly in private first. Too many times I have seen projects hyped only to fail upon a public launch.

pin.org
worth

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:56:58 AM

Why aren't you guys announcing this stuff to the crypto media?  Especially the progress on Alexandria.

Isn't there enough hype in cryptoland?   Smiley

There is a small part of the protocol that we haven't decided on yet: We want to make it a requirement, in Alexandria, that when users post media they must contribute an additional small FLO fee to the miners. We believe incentivizing miners to participate in the network by requiring all users of the FLO block chain as a protocol layer to contribute to the miners in some way. This is an important anti-spam measure, as well as additional compensation for the miners' work; verifying and storing these extra protocol tx-comments and transaction data on their machines.

Q: Why not just raise FLO fees across the board (since fees are calculated by transaction size in bytes anyway)?
A: FLO users who do not participate in Alexandria should not be negatively affected by additional systems running on the block chain.

With this requirement in place, miners can receive a reward for their work above and beyond the coinbase subsidy they already collect. If no one has any objections to this, we will most likely require a 1-5 FLO fee (paid to the miners) for each new publisher / media submission added to the block chain. The protocol will ignore transactions without a fee, even if they contain valid protocol data in the tx-comment.

Seems reasonable to me, provided that there can be an adjustment of the fee later if/when the price rises sufficiently -- don't want to price people out of contributing content to the network (especially when you consider different scale economies than that in the US).
velesgs

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:12:53 PM

http://explorer.frankos.org:3000/tx/e708434173f99fa219ca692d267b2174680a540a4aeda860acaf20b6d6b30a34

Incoherence in levelDB detected: Input spent not registered

what to forget them?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:32:52 PM

florinexplorer.com expires tomorrow.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to maintain and improve the site.  If anyone would like the domain please shoot me a PM so we can arrange a transfer.
worth

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:41:22 AM

florinexplorer.com expires tomorrow.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to maintain and improve the site.  If anyone would like the domain please shoot me a PM so we can arrange a transfer.

Maybe you should ask blocktechceo?
metacoin

balance

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:48:37 PM

I would like to transfer the site to one of my domains Smiley

By the way, I've been live streaming work on Alexandria and Florincoin here: https://www.livecoding.tv/metacoin/ (going live now!)

pin.org
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:24:54 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 11:41:33 PM by URSAY

florinexplorer.com expires tomorrow.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to maintain and improve the site.  If anyone would like the domain please shoot me a PM so we can arrange a transfer.
I would like to transfer the site to one of my domains Smiley

By the way, I've been live streaming work on Alexandria and Florincoin here: https://www.livecoding.tv/metacoin/ (going live now!)

Your reply might be too late.  The domain expired and it looks like it was snatched up.  Sorry!

[EDIT] My mistake...I was able to renew it.  Smiley
metacoin

balance

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:31:35 AM

http://florincoin.org updated

• New Mac binary released
  • New Windows binary posted on the main page
  • Added Alexandria to list of distributed applications

Some screenshots of the Mac client:

Thanks to Julian Yap for compiling this Mac binary!

pin.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: