Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FLO] A Worldwide Public Record | Alexandria | ETDB | Medici | 0.15 Segwit  (Read 515903 times)
jesselivermore

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:26:40 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 10:44:59 AM by jesselivermore

Just an FYI,

The coin is advancing correctly from a technical perspective, i.e. higher lows and higher highs, but we do appear to be entering an area of large overhead resistance near .0018 LTC.  I would advise all the large holders, of whom I am one now also, to not be short sighted.  If you believe in this coin - hold it.  Trust me when I tell you that these coins can run farther than anyone ever imagined.  A 100 fold gain from here is not an outlandish proposition.  Please don't dump on every rise as we go up from here, as you will find it much more profitable to just let the coin run into new all time highs.  Thanks.

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/

P.S. Don't blame the guys from Blocktech or Alexandria Project for pumping this coin.  I can assure they are not.  I am accumulating this coin on a very long term basis because I believe in it and it's promise.  From the market testing I have performed so far, the interest in this coin is very strong and very legit.  If there is a dump to this pump it will not be me.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:35:27 AM

Just an FYI,

The coin is advancing correctly from a technical perspective, i.e. higher lows and higher highs, but we do appear to be entering an area of large overhead resistance near .0018 LTC.  I would advise all the large holders, of whom I am one now also, to not be short sighted.  If you believe in this coin - hold it.  Trust me when I tell you that these coins can run farther than anyone ever imagined.  A 100 fold gain from here is not an outlandish proposition.  Please don't dump on every rise as we go up from here, as you will find it much more profitable to just let the coin run into new all time highs.  Thanks.

Not that I fundamentally disagree with you, you did not say that much anyway, but what makes you so confident ("Trust me...")?   
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:58:18 AM

Just an FYI,

The coin is advancing correctly from a technical perspective, i.e. higher lows and higher highs, but we do appear to be entering an area of large overhead resistance near .0018 LTC.  I would advise all the large holders, of whom I am one now also, to not be short sighted.  If you believe in this coin - hold it.  Trust me when I tell you that these coins can run farther than anyone ever imagined.  A 100 fold gain from here is not an outlandish proposition.  Please don't dump on every rise as we go up from here, as you will find it much more profitable to just let the coin run into new all time highs.  Thanks.

Not that I fundamentally disagree with you, you did not say that much anyway, but what makes you so confident ("Trust me...")?  

Because I've been here from the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1X6qQt9ONg

They have thrown everything against us including the kitchen sink and we are still standing.  decentralized crypto is NEVER going away and TPTB are terrified of it, period.  As their systems of control begin to dissolve, there will be a rush to the alternatives.  This technology will be as revolutionary and transformational as the gutenberg press was in its day.

https://youtu.be/5pk9J3bqtm8?t=2m23s
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:36:34 AM

Indeed.  Fortunately the FLO market is no longer thus ;-)
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:14:03 PM

Just an FYI,

They have thrown everything against us including the kitchen sink and we are still standing.  decentralized crypto is NEVER going away and TPTB are terrified of it, period.  As their systems of control begin to dissolve, there will be a rush to the alternatives.  This technology will be as revolutionary and transformational as the gutenberg press was in its day.

So it`s not related to FLO in particular.
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:41:25 PM

Just an FYI,

So it`s not related to FLO in particular.

Not be unkind, but you seem to be a bit hard of hearing.  I gave you those links to show you that Bitcoin is still the same revolutionary technology, with the same promise, that it was back then in 2011.  FLO adds to it by providing an uncensorable peer to peer messaging/library concept.  Will FLO be the coin that lasts and makes this concept a reality?  I cannot say.  Just as I could not say back in 2011 that Bitcoin would be the one to succeed.  But I could tell you back then, and am telling you now, that these ideas will never go away from this point forward:  encrypted peer to peer money, and encrypted peer to peer libraries.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

Not be unkind, but you seem to be a bit hard of hearing.  I gave you those links to show you that Bitcoin is still the same revolutionary technology, with the same promise, that it was back then in 2011.  FLO adds to it by providing an uncensorable peer to peer messaging/library concept.  Will FLO be the coin that lasts and makes this concept a reality?  I cannot say.  Just as I could not say back in 2011 that Bitcoin would be the one to succeed.  But I could tell you back then, and am telling you now, that these ideas will never go away from this point forward:  encrypted peer to peer money, and encrypted peer to peer libraries.

Not to be unkind, but I hear very well, you might have a hard time reading on the other hand. You just utter general stuff applicable to almost any Alt with no informational depth at all - again - and I am trying to make up my mind what to think of your posts, i.e. to take them serious or not. We are on BCT and not Yahoo Finance. You hardly need to convince anyone of "encrypted peer to peer money" here.
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:27:40 PM

Not to be unkind, but I hear very well, you might have a hard time reading on the other hand. You just utter general stuff applicable to almost any Alt with no informational depth at all - again - and I am trying to make up my mind what to think of your posts, i.e. to take them serious or not. We are on BCT and not Yahoo Finance. You hardly need to convince anyone of "encrypted peer to peer money" here.

Alright.  Then let me try to be clearer.  The value of uncensorable peer to peer libraries is in my mind at least nearly as revolutionary and transformational as Bitcoin itself.  But back at the time I formed my channel and blog to promote Bitcoin virtually nobody believed it would succeed, and yes that included the majority here on this forum as well.  Why FLO?  Well, other coins can perform this function, but weren't designed to do so.  Why is BTC 61 times more valuable than LTC when they both do the same thing?  One of the reasons is because BTC was first.  Why does Ebay have virtually no competition to speak of?  Craigslist?  Angie's list? 

Because if FLO is the first coin to be used to incorporate this library concept successfully, why bother with another.  The fact that there are very serious people spending a tremendous amount of time doing exactly that tells me that this coin has the best chance of being first.  Bitcoin's move from 1 cent to 1200 was a 120 thousand fold move.  FLO moving 100 fold from here as the crypto markets resume their bull run would not be at all unprecented or even surprising for that matter.   
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:31:33 PM

Even MJ <3's FLO
coinxcoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:39:15 PM

Actually, your primary assumptions are incorrect, so it sure feels fuddy to me Wink

No, we don't have 40%-80% of the florin out there - in fact Blocktech has less than 5%, and we got what we have almost entirely from mining. My guess as far as the reason that there aren't a lot of sellers is that the few folks who'd been accumulating it over the past year have their eye on this project right now. Obviously I wish we had a lot more of it, but we couldn't afford to spend the minor investments we did get over the past year on anything but development costs (servers, services, developers themselves, feeding them, office space for some time). Our intent really is the project as described, and we are in fact doing it - making something work does take time, so i'm not sure why you're so callously writing it off simply because it hasn't been released publicly yet.

Edit: Also, no, we did not pay for bittrex and polo listings. We emailed them to tell them about Alexandria and they were happy to list the coin.

Anyway, just felt the need to clear up that assumption since it was so far off the mark - no hard feelings tho, I can understand your general distrust of the XYZceo monikers Wink

D

I've been trading flo for a long time and obviously someone bought a huge amount in the several weeks before it was mentioned on this thread on March 11, 2015 or so. Every step you have taken so far is consistent with a pump, and not consistent with a serious project.

Again, I have a bunch of florin long term, but am simply offering caution to people buying at this level. Remember, 4 months ago the price was around 1/20 of what it is now. Someone bought up huge amounts. Then the blocktech announcement.

It's a good coin but until the crypto markets recover in general a person should be cautious since this coin has increased a couple thousand percent already on this pump.

#######

Just an FYI,

P.S. Don't blame the guys from Blocktech or Alexandria Project for pumping this coin.  I can assure they are not.  I am accumulating this coin on a very long term basis because I believe in it and it's promise.  From the market testing I have performed so far, the interest in this coin is very strong and very legit.  If there is a dump to this pump it will not be me.

That's almost funny except that there are probably people who will believe you.

The technicals on this coin right now are abysmal. Go to bittrex and select the maximum time period. Like a lot of pump coins it looks like someone tried to use fake volume to create a technical pattern. It's laughable.

The coin has been going up because some person bought a huge amount and the actual float right now is small. That person or group has to keep supporting the price or they will lose their investment.

Again, it's a fine coin I've owned for a long time but the current stuff going on is not helping it long term.
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:47:11 AM

"The technicals on this coin right now are abysmal. Go to bittrex and select the maximum time period. Like a lot of pump coins it looks like someone tried to use fake volume to create a technical pattern. It's laughable."

No volume is fake volume.  By that statement alone you have disqualified yourself from even deserving a response.
eXSn

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:10:18 PM

By that statement alone you have disqualified yourself from even deserving a response.

You wouldn't be writing stories about trading altcoins if you were the master trader you claim to be. You say FLO is liquid but there's an 10% spread on bittrex, 20% spread on cryptsy and 30% across the two.

There are no technicals right now.

Quit being a dick.
coinxcoin

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:15:46 AM

"The technicals on this coin right now are abysmal. Go to bittrex and select the maximum time period. Like a lot of pump coins it looks like someone tried to use fake volume to create a technical pattern. It's laughable."

No volume is fake volume.  By that statement alone you have disqualified yourself from even deserving a response.

By 'fake volume' I meant that it looked like someone had opened two accounts and was selling to themself or to a cohort.

Technical stuff is useful but when you have a small number of traders and a few people own a large chunk of the equity then it is not as useful.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:15:21 AM

How does FLO/Alexandria compare to VTorrent?
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

https://youtu.be/YtX8F1PCqN8

Florin/alexandria/blocktech devs LIVE in 7 hours.

worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:18:18 AM

https://youtu.be/YtX8F1PCqN8

Florin/alexandria/blocktech devs LIVE in 7 hours.

Going on now...
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:25:40 PM

By 'fake volume' I meant that it looked like someone had opened two accounts and was selling to themself or to a cohort.

Technical stuff is useful but when you have a small number of traders and a few people own a large chunk of the equity then it is not as useful.

What you are referring to is a "wash sale" which is traditionally used for other purposes.  Creating volume by buying and selling to yourself may attract some attention to a market, say from those who watch for that sort of thing, but most people look for heavy volume along with directional price movement which indicates the market is either under accumulation or distribution.  This coin is under accumulation.

Livermore:

"A stock which it is desired to distribute should be manipulated to the highest possible
point and then sold. I repeat this both because it is fundamental and because the public
apparently believes that the selling is all done at the top. Sometimes a stock gets
waterlogged, as it were; it doesn't go up. That is the time to sell. The price naturally will
go down on your selling rather further than you wish, but you can generally nurse it
back. As long as a stock that I am manipulating goes up on my buying I know I am all
hunky, and if need be I buy it with confidence and use my own money without fear
precisely as I would any other stock that acts the same way. It is the line of least
resistance. You remember my trading theories about that line, don't you? Well, when the
price line of least resistance is established I follow it, not because I am manipulating that
particular stock at that particular moment but because I am a stock operator at all times.

When my buying does not put the stock up I stop buying and then proceed to sell it
down; and that also is exactly what I would do with that same stock if I did not happen
to be manipulating it. The principal marketing of the stock, as you know, is done on the
way down. It is perfectly astonishing how much stock a man can get rid of on a decline.
I repeat that at no time during the manipulation do I forget to be a stock trader. My
problems as a manipulator, after all, are the same that confront me as an operator. All
manipulation comes to an end when the manipulator cannot make a stock do what he
wants it to do. When the stock you are manipulating doesn't act as it should, quit. Don't
argue with the tape. Do not seek to lure the profit back. Quit while the quitting is good
and cheap."

Long and Strong
jesselivermore

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

By that statement alone you have disqualified yourself from even deserving a response.

You wouldn't be writing stories about trading altcoins if you were the master trader you claim to be. You say FLO is liquid but there's an 10% spread on bittrex, 20% spread on cryptsy and 30% across the two.

There are no technicals right now.

Quit being a dick.

Sounds like someone got a bit ahead of themselves ;-)

I see nothing wrong with the technicals of this coin and am continuing to accumulate it as it is very cheap and has much promise:

Available Supply 84,164,850 FLO

metacoin

Activity: 437
Merit: 260

balance

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:00:47 PM

Haha, I would live stream more often but OBS outputs crap quality from my MacBook... I demand 1080p  Angry

pin.org
coinxcoin

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:40:39 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 07:55:43 PM by coinxcoin

No volume is fake volume.  By that statement alone you have disqualified yourself from even deserving a response.

What you are referring to is a "wash sale" which is traditionally used for other purposes.  Creating volume by buying and selling to yourself may attract some attention to a market, say from those who watch for that sort of thing, but most people look for heavy volume along with directional price movement which indicates the market is either under accumulation or distribution.  This coin is under accumulation.

Livermore:

"A stock which it is desired to distribute should be manipulated to the highest possible
point and then sold. I repeat this both because it is fundamental and because the public
apparently believes that the selling is all done at the top. Sometimes a stock gets
waterlogged, as it were; it doesn't go up. That is the time to sell. The price naturally will
go down on your selling rather further than you wish, but you can generally nurse it
back. As long as a stock that I am manipulating goes up on my buying I know I am all
hunky, and if need be I buy it with confidence and use my own money without fear
precisely as I would any other stock that acts the same way. It is the line of least
resistance. You remember my trading theories about that line, don't you? Well, when the
price line of least resistance is established I follow it, not because I am manipulating that
particular stock at that particular moment but because I am a stock operator at all times.

When my buying does not put the stock up I stop buying and then proceed to sell it
down; and that also is exactly what I would do with that same stock if I did not happen
to be manipulating it. The principal marketing of the stock, as you know, is done on the
way down. It is perfectly astonishing how much stock a man can get rid of on a decline.
I repeat that at no time during the manipulation do I forget to be a stock trader. My
problems as a manipulator, after all, are the same that confront me as an operator. All
manipulation comes to an end when the manipulator cannot make a stock do what he
wants it to do. When the stock you are manipulating doesn't act as it should, quit. Don't
argue with the tape. Do not seek to lure the profit back. Quit while the quitting is good
and cheap."

Long and Strong

There are so many problems with your comments. I'll only address the last part of your quote.

The difference between florincoin and, for example, IBM shares, is that a few months ago flo had a market cap around $5,000. One or more aggressive traders were squeezing coins, putting up fake sell walls etc and trying to accumulate as many coins as possible with the fake sell walls etc. Then Alexandria popped up "Hi, I'm the CEO of a company and we are going to use florin for something". So far a lot of hype, a lot of pump, an idea that is sort of okay but has little commercial potential.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: