Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 06:23:16 PM

I think you all might enjoy this new feature!

We just added Upcoming super block data to the pool, so now questions like Capulo had, what is my current RAC being assesed at, and questions like the user who was left out of the first two superblocks - Am I in the next superblock, and Do I have the correct UTXO weight, and do I have the correct task weight, these can all be answered now by logging into the pool:

https://pool.biblepay.org,  click Reports | Superblock Report.

Btw, the Total RAC should be re-captioned "Total Superblock RAC", and the AvgRAC is the users superblock RAC. 

The UTXOWeight is the amount the network sees as your Staking amount over the last 24 hours.  The UTXOAmount should be captioned UTXO-Percentage.  To see if you are at 100%, take a look at your RAC, your UTXOAmount and TaskAmount.

The superblock data is coming from my first sanctuary (Sanc1), and is updated hourly.  We destroy the data once per hour.
The data is ordered by User RAC descending (like a leaderboard is).

However, I am going to work on adding a contract history soon, so you can go back to prior points in history to see changes (and so we can add graphs to graph historical data by CPID etc).

That's a great tool. I can't find the tab though.
Please check now, you might have clicked when I was deploying it.

Hey you lucked out, you got the contract from one of the older sancs!  Congratulations on 187 mag!

'exec leaderboard'

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allwithpassion

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:48:14 PM

What the minimum BiblePay I can buy?
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:21:46 PM

Im a big fan of profits, its a great incentive to do something,
Im not sure why people seem to be slightly against profits and also slightly against big miners,
(though I understand being against hacked computers)

but in general its like the Discovery channel watching the gold miners,
some miners have a small raft mining in a small river, some have giant machines with 10-20 man crews mining on large stakes of land,
some are in the arctic cutting holes in the ice, some poor miners in 3rd world countries are digging tunnels or going underwater with a thin tube for air at constant risk of tunnel collapse

and I dont think many of them hold onto the gold, they all sell it for profit, some invest so they can mine more,
and I dont think they care who they sell it to, or what the next person does with the gold,
they just know if they mine, they get money that they can exchange for other goods and services

To me, crypto miners are the security team, a decentralized security team that joins and leaves as they please and who we cant choose or fire LOL
they strengthen the network and make it harder to hack/exploit
and most of the future users of BiblePay will not be miners

===

But What gives BiblePay value? Why would people keep buying it? What makes its price increase?
It has deflationary emissions (less and less BiblePay coins are minted/created over time),
It has a limit of how many coins there will ever be in existence,
its smart/programmable,
but so are a bunch of other crypto coins? Why is BiblePay better? Better than Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, etc?

- ASIC-Resistant and CPU Only (everyone can mine!)
- Every Node is a Full Node (strengthens network, increases decentralization)
- Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) for making decisions (a way to reach finality over conflict/disagreement/future path/plans)
- Monthly Budget (self funding / self bootstrapping)
- Donates 10% to Charity (gives back to the world)
- Spreads Christianity (morals)
- No Premine, No ICO (have to mine/buy/work your way into obtaining coins, no one starts off with coins)
- Ranked #126 by number of code commits (active development)
- Majority of CPU power now goes to healing and curing (rewarding science/cancer research)

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@togoshige/biblepay-bbp-10-charity-cryptocurrency-masternodes-asic-resistant-cpu-mining-only

===

If anyone wants to help do work for BiblePay, anyone can create a proposal and be funded in BiblePay coins for work, examples:

January/Feb Proposal Summary: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7y4jw2/januaryfebruary_2018_proposal_summary/
December Proposal Summary: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7mbeqf/december_2017_proposal_summary/

===

Rob you are a coding wizard and have created something that will greatly affect the world for the better!

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Im a big fan of profits, its a great incentive to do something,
Im not sure why people seem to be slightly against profits and also slightly against big miners,
(though I understand being against hacked computers)

but in general its like the Discovery channel watching the gold miners,
some miners have a small raft mining in a small river, some have giant machines with 10-20 man crews mining on large stakes of land,
some are in the arctic cutting holes in the ice, some poor miners in 3rd world countries are digging tunnels or going underwater with a thin tube for air at constant risk of tunnel collapse

and I dont think many of them hold onto the gold, they all sell it for profit, some invest so they can mine more,
and I dont think they care who they sell it to, or what the next person does with the gold,
they just know if they mine, they get money that they can exchange for other goods and services

To me, crypto miners are the security team, a decentralized security team that joins and leaves as they please and who we cant choose or fire LOL
they strengthen the network and make it harder to hack/exploit
and most of the future users of BiblePay will not be miners

===

But What gives BiblePay value? Why would people keep buying it? What makes its price increase?
It has deflationary emissions (less and less BiblePay coins are minted/created over time),
It has a limit of how many coins there will ever be in existence,
its smart/programmable,
but so are a bunch of other crypto coins? Why is BiblePay better? Better than Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, etc?

- ASIC-Resistant and CPU Only (everyone can mine!)
- Every Node is a Full Node (strengthens network, increases decentralization)
- Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) for making decisions (a way to reach finality over conflict/disagreement/future path/plans)
- Monthly Budget (self funding / self bootstrapping)
- Donates 10% to Charity (gives back to the world)
- Spreads Christianity (morals)
- No Premine, No ICO (have to mine/buy/work your way into obtaining coins, no one starts off with coins)
- Ranked #126 by number of code commits (active development)
- Majority of CPU power now goes to healing and curing (rewarding science/cancer research)

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@togoshige/biblepay-bbp-10-charity-cryptocurrency-masternodes-asic-resistant-cpu-mining-only

===

If anyone wants to help do work for BiblePay, anyone can create a proposal and be funded in BiblePay coins for work, examples:

January/Feb Proposal Summary: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7y4jw2/januaryfebruary_2018_proposal_summary/
December Proposal Summary: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7mbeqf/december_2017_proposal_summary/

===

Rob you are a coding wizard and have created something that will greatly affect the world for the better!

This is a great summary!  Lets keep going until people cant ignore us!

Thanks Togo!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:06:00 PM

togo we are here only for PROFIT  Wink  but second side=if were helping children with our mining, its amazing/excellent idea

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:11:06 PM

togo we are here only for PROFIT  Wink  but second side=if were helping children with our mining, its amazing/excellent idea

As Jaap said, we are all different people and I pray that you evolve over time Slovakia.

We are not all here for profit.

Im not here for profit - Im here to create a sanctuary ecosystem that benefits the orphans to the greatest extent possible.

Over the next 6 months it will become clear when some of my other ideas start floating around that I am more concerned with the Sanctuary Economy for the orphans than myself and you should think of helping others first before thinking of yourself.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:18:16 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 08:39:12 PM by slovakia

HAHAHA.....to rozpravaj co seno zere,ze tu ni eje pre zisk a hlaavne ty

Rob any echo about that indy guy for compiling MOBILE WALLET? can we ti pay from superblock for it?

im checked our toplist teams.... where we lost 100 000 RAC for few hours?

tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:14:37 PM

I think you all might enjoy this new feature!

We just added Upcoming super block data to the pool, so now questions like Capulo had, what is my current RAC being assesed at, and questions like the user who was left out of the first two superblocks - Am I in the next superblock, and Do I have the correct UTXO weight, and do I have the correct task weight, these can all be answered now by logging into the pool:

https://pool.biblepay.org,  click Reports | Superblock Report.

Btw, the Total RAC should be re-captioned "Total Superblock RAC", and the AvgRAC is the users superblock RAC. 

The UTXOWeight is the amount the network sees as your Staking amount over the last 24 hours.  The UTXOAmount should be captioned UTXO-Percentage.  To see if you are at 100%, take a look at your RAC, your UTXOAmount and TaskAmount.

The superblock data is coming from my first sanctuary (Sanc1), and is updated hourly.  We destroy the data once per hour.
The data is ordered by User RAC descending (like a leaderboard is).

However, I am going to work on adding a contract history soon, so you can go back to prior points in history to see changes (and so we can add graphs to graph historical data by CPID etc).

That's a great tool. I can't find the tab though.
Please check now, you might have clicked when I was deploying it.

Hey you lucked out, you got the contract from one of the older sancs!  Congratulations on 187 mag!

'exec leaderboard'

Yes, I'm glad that worked out. I see it now, it's under "Superblock View.

aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:44:49 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:12:08 AM by aikida3k

Okay, here is the Poll: Staking based on MAG versus Staking based on RAC up for 1 week.

Thanks, Tmike!

Ok, everyone please vote above on Aikidas poll and we will honor either staking by Mag or staking by RAC.

If we end up going with staking by RAC, I will create yet another poll for the stake amount required by RAC so the wallet can be updated with the correct business logic - and I will take a look to see if we can add a spork before exchange upgrade to support either way.

And do keep in mind in the future, when discussing new ideas for the coin, all ideas must first be floated as community discussion and must also be given blessing by our IT department.  As there is no guarantee that there is a developer resource available, no guarantee that IT agrees that a business logic decision is safe for consideration, and not necessarily agreed that it is compatible from a support perspective by IT.  

I took a look at the effectiveness of UTXO per RAC as compared to UTXO per Mag and it appears to be better for competition, so Im all for it if we decide to switch to UTXO per RAC:

Date,         User RAC,      TEAM RAC,    User Magnitude,     UTXO Requirement for StakePerMag, UTXO Requirement for StakePerRAC

3-30-2018        10,000         1,000,000     10.0                 200000                                         20000
6-30-2018        10,000         7,000,000     1.42                 28400                                                 20000
9-30-2018        10,000       10,000,000     1.00                 20000                                                 20000

What it basically does is creates an environment where your UTXO requirement stays high and constant no matter how much the BBP infrastrucutre grows, meaning more requirements far into the future for competition.  Thats not a bad thing, I like it ....

When I made up UTXO per mag, I was thinking we needed to dynamically scale the requirement as the researcher count grew, but now that I ran the report with the numbers, I can see where Aikidas thinking is coming into play - hes trying to charge each researcher per RAC a very high requirement that does not get diluted as the team grows.  Thats good for price.... and good for our orphans.

Thanks for the full evaluation.

EDIT: One element of the original decision I stick by is whats going to happen if our price goes from .003 per $ to .30 per $?  The magnitude scaled better with rising price (as price is a function of popularity), however the RAC is going to get Very, very pricey to mine when our price rises.  SO this means if we do vote RAC in we are going to need to hold yet another poll to lower the requirements as soon as our price goes up by 10X.... Lets keep that in mind also when voting for this.  So Im a little conflicted Ill let the community decide.  

Having to lower the stake per RAC would be a really good problem to have.  People complain about wanting to be on bigger exchanges, but I believe staking per RAC allows us to engineer higher prices before having to wait or hope we get on a bigger exchange.  This is a really big bang for the buck.  Rob's numbers show that the amount required to stake for legacy users comes down as the network grows, which works against growing the aggregate stake amount.  The ultimate goals I have in mind are growing the aggregate amount staked with the growth of the network and thereby drawing in traders and investors- drawing in people who aren't as interested in crunching.  I believe for us to ultimately get that big price appreciate we have to differentiate ourselves from other coins and incentivize traders and investors.  It's like Togo said, many of the future users of biblepay won't be crunchers.  I think that is a much larger population that will get us price appreciation, and it is something we can do now instead of hoping and waiting we get on bigger exchanges.  
aikida3k

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:48:45 PM

Buyers support the price.  And supporting the price is what allows us to support orphans.  Masternode owners and holders hold back supply.
aikida3k

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:53:31 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:03:54 AM by aikida3k

EDITED From bible_pay:
I took a look at the effectiveness of UTXO per RAC as compared to UTXO per Mag and it appears to be better for competition, so Im all for it if we decide to switch to UTXO per RAC:

Date,         User RAC,      TEAM RAC,    User Magnitude,     UTXO ReqStakePerMag,     UTXO ReqStakePerRAC,  Aggregate Stake SPR

3-30-2018        10,000         1,000,000     10.0                 200000                                               200000         20M
6-30-2018        10,000         7,000,000     1.42                 28400                                                 200000         140M
9-30-2018        10,000       10,000,000     1.00                 20000                                                 200000         200M <-this is like
                                                                                                                             the amount for masternodes->price appreciation

Approximate Aggregate SPM (depends on how many fractional MAG users choose 100 UTXO)

3-30-2018            ~20M
6-30-2018            ~20M
9-30-2018            ~20M     <- this is less than 1/10 the amount locked up for masternodes, does not imply price appreciation

If you originally voted for Stake per Magnitude like I did, you can change your vote.

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=127.0
aikida3k

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:13:46 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 05:54:58 AM by aikida3k

Why am I such a big fan of Stake per RAC?  Because of our emission schedule:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Emission_Schedule

Month-Year   Block Emission   Monthly Emission   Total Emission
12/25/2017   12,313           74,613,750            274,613,750
12/20/2018   10,270           62,237,714            1,087,306,771
12/15/2019   8,567           51,914,467            1,765,200,000
12/9/2020      7,146           43,303,517            2,330,652,413
12/4/2021      5,961           36,120,847            2,802,314,348  <-Half of BBP emitted by mid 2021!!!
12/23/2046   59                    359,591                    5,150,636,889

Basically, half of our total emissions are in the first 4 years.  The next half of emissions takes 25 years!  
That is telling you that it is time to accumulate and be patient.  But to help traders and investors out through this high emission rate, staking per RAC would REALLY help.  As price appreciates and emission tapers we can scale back the amount needed per RAC.  

Vote here:

EDIT:  Legacy ie., 50,001 per user to get 100 UTXO would be better than staking per MAG because that would also grow the aggregate stake amount with the user base while making everyone stake the same amount.  If they are fractional MAG they will always be fractional MAG and their stake amount will never go down like the bigger miners.

Do you wonder why there are no traders posting on Reddit, like "when moon?"  It's because traders and investors look at the emissions and feel like they are getting dumped on by miners.  It's why I worry that BTC will shoot up while we are still in our high emission phase.  And if you are looking for something to trade, what do you look for?  You can look for something that is getting positive money flow on a down day.  That is how I found BBP.  Or you can do what lots of other traders do, and look for something that gains in RELATIVE STRENGTH.  Relative Strength is how a particular coin performs relative to its peers.  As for biblepay, since I have been in it, our relative strength has done worse.  We were ranked in the top 500s of market cap, now we are in the 700s.  The fact that we are not outperforming other coins is a message that something needs to be done.  Jumping other coins in rank will draw in traders.  Traders like stuff that goes up especially since it's not easy to short cryptos.  

However, I believe BTC drops by 90% during the next US/global recession.  I think the US going into recession, when it happens, will take Asia along with it and likely Europe too.  Most of the holders of bitcoin are small investors and they will be looking to sell.  If bitcoin drops by 50-70% during a good economic time, how is it not going to drop by 90% during a recession?  It's another reason why I like growing the stake amount.  To get some good price appreciation before the next recession.
aikida3k

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:51:18 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 05:57:30 AM by aikida3k

New Marketing Poll:  Will you go in your church and tell them about Biblepay?

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=132.0

Explain why or why not in the comments on the other forum.
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:56:17 AM

I think Bitcoin might actually go up in a recession.

aikida3k

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:03:46 AM

The real economy is mostly made up of small business, mom and pop type places, the same kind of people that hold and invest in bitcoin.  It isn't widely held by institutions.  Bitcoin futures probably helped with that, so now if institutions want to place a position they go to the futures and not bitcoin itself.  

My experience with the capital needs of a small business during a recession back in 2008ish, I was buying Pilgrim's Pride in bankruptcy and waiting for it to turn around.  But lo and behold, before I could wait for Pilgrims to completely turn around I had to sell my position to pay for working capital in the small business.  I think that and fear will lead people to sell.  If it's down in good economic times, what is your thesis for how it does well during a recession?  The only difference would be if the dollar tanked by a large amount.  Say the /DX went from 90 to sub 70 and there was a panic on the dollar.  
svirusxxx2

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:43:45 AM

BTW... where I can find all "exec" commands ?

and second question.
I have now Magnitude = 0, this is good ?
Total_RAC is about 830.
I started reserch 18 hours ago.
also I use my very old account on boinc project, but 10 years ago I don't research with rosseta, but with malaria.

Biblepay masternodes status and monitoring (https://biblepay.eu/)
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:23:37 AM

Why am I such a big fan of Stake per RAC?  Because of our emission schedule:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Emission_Schedule

Month-Year   Block Emission   Monthly Emission   Total Emission
12/25/2017   12,313           74,613,750            274,613,750
12/20/2018   10,270           62,237,714            1,087,306,771
12/15/2019   8,567           51,914,467            1,765,200,000
12/9/2020      7,146           43,303,517            2,330,652,413
12/4/2021      5,961           36,120,847            2,802,314,348  <-Half of BBP emitted by mid 2021!!!
12/23/2046   59                    359,591                    5,150,636,889

Basically, half of our total emissions are in the first 4 years.  The next half of emissions takes 25 years!  
That is telling you that it is time to accumulate and be patient.  But to help traders and investors out through this high emission rate, staking per RAC would REALLY help.  As price appreciates and emission tapers we can scale back the amount needed per RAC.  

Vote here:

EDIT: Legacy ie., 50,001 per user to get 100 UTXO would be better than staking per MAG because that would also grow the aggregate stake amount with the user base.

Do you wonder why there are no traders posting on Reddit, like "when moon?"  It's because traders and investors look at the emissions and feel like they are getting dumped on by miners.  It's why I worry that BTC will shoot up while we are still in our high emission phase.  And if you are looking for something to trade, what do you look for?  You can look for something that is getting positive money flow on a down day.  That is how I found BBP.  Or you can do what lots of other traders do, and look for something that gains in RELATIVE STRENGTH.  Relative Strength is how a particular coin performs relative to its peers.  As for biblepay, since I have been in it, our relative strength has done worse.  We were ranked in the top 500s of market cap, now we are in the 700s.  The fact that we are not outperforming other coins is a message that something needs to be done.  Jumping other coins in rank will draw in traders.  Traders like stuff that goes up especially since it's not easy to short cryptos.  

However, I believe BTC drops by 90% during the next US/global recession.  I think the US going into recession, when it happens, will take Asia along with it and likely Europe too.  Most of the holders of bitcoin are small investors and they will be looking to sell.  If bitcoin drops by 50-70% during a good economic time, how is it not going to drop by 90% during a recession?  It's another reason why I like growing the stake amount.  To get some good price appreciation before the next recession.

"EDIT: Legacy ie., 50,001 per user to get 100 UTXO would be better than staking per MAG because that would also grow the aggregate stake amount with the user base"

As I noted yesterday, I believe this is incorrect. You should consider a second edit for accuracy
harrisvan87

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:26:31 AM

My wallet address not showing in next super block. how can i fix this ? I already join the team Biblepay on rosetta page.

11:52:49

{
  "Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856",
  "Address": "BQ1hGzcegB9e1LvCNX6oVpUjPVPy6BcPN8",
  "CPIDS": "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856;",
  "CPID-Age (hours)": 422476,
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 34440,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 2660579,
  "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856_ADDRESS": "BQ1hGzcegB9e1LvCNX6oVpUjPVPy6BcPN8",
  "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856_RAC": 8443.84,
  "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856_TEAM": 15044,
  "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856_TaskWeight": 100,
  "c117f5ddc829b502ea8cd00647585856_UTXOWeight": 50001,
  "Total_RAC": 8443.84,
  "Total Payments (One Day)": 0,
  "Total Payments (One Week)": 0,
  "Total Budget (One Day)": 2660579,
  "Total Budget (One Week)": 10642316,
  "Superblock Count (One Week)": 4,
  "Superblock Hit Count (One Week)": 4,
  "Superblock List": "34235,34030,33825,33620",
  "Last Superblock Height": 34235,
  "Last Superblock Budget": 2660579,
  "Last Superblock Payment": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Day)": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Week)": 0
}
aikida3k

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:55:13 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 06:22:09 AM by aikida3k

DONE:

EDIT:  Legacy ie., 50,001 per user to get 100 UTXO would be better than staking per MAG because that would also grow the aggregate stake amount with the user base while making everyone stake the same amount.  If they are fractional MAG they will always be fractional MAG and their stake amount will never go down like the bigger miners.

If MAG passes, it is a sign that this is stuck as a big miners coin.  The race to the bottom of breakevens is still in.  It'll go up- it is priced in BTC. But it would be nice to balance it for the traders.  It's sad we're all miners.
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:04:18 AM

The real economy is mostly made up of small business, mom and pop type places, the same kind of people that hold and invest in bitcoin.  It isn't widely held by institutions.  Bitcoin futures probably helped with that, so now if institutions want to place a position they go to the futures and not bitcoin itself.  

My experience with the capital needs of a small business during a recession back in 2008ish, I was buying Pilgrim's Pride in bankruptcy and waiting for it to turn around.  But lo and behold, before I could wait for Pilgrims to completely turn around I had to sell my position to pay for working capital in the small business.  I think that and fear will lead people to sell.  If it's down in good economic times, what is your thesis for how it does well during a recession?  The only difference would be if the dollar tanked by a large amount.  Say the /DX went from 90 to sub 70 and there was a panic on the dollar.  

You are thinking as there is only one economy in the world, the USA. That's not a valid assumption any more. Also real economies stopped being supported by mom and pop businesses about 10-15 years ago, at least in the industrialized world I live in. Now we are in the league of multinationals, and every day that passes by means another bunch of small businesses closed for retirement or out of businesses reasons.

What's BTC gonna do on a recession: no one knows, as there is not a valid track record yet. Bulls will say it's going to behave as a store of value (gold 2.0), others as a depressed asset...  Who knows, nobody does.
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: