Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:42:41 PM

I have not heard of one wallet sending two podc updates if you only have one cpid.

My only recommendation is that I add a PODC sent counter to getmininginfo to allow you to see that.

You can read the log to see if the PODC Update was called more than once.
So, I have read debug and I've found, that my other wallet was run too Smiley
I was thought that it is not running. But, in that wallet I have in config utxooverride=-1 (v 1.1.1.8 ) so why it was still sending podcupdate?

That makes sense, good. 

I think there might be a bug in the utxooverride=-1 line of code; I just fixed it but Im still testing it...  I did add a few metrics to getmininginfo to show things about podc updates... Ill let you know as soon as its ready.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orbis

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:55:48 PM

I have not heard of one wallet sending two podc updates if you only have one cpid.

My only recommendation is that I add a PODC sent counter to getmininginfo to allow you to see that.

You can read the log to see if the PODC Update was called more than once.
So, I have read debug and I've found, that my other wallet was run too Smiley
I was thought that it is not running. But, in that wallet I have in config utxooverride=-1 (v 1.1.1.8 ) so why it was still sending podcupdate?

That makes sense, good. 

I think there might be a bug in the utxooverride=-1 line of code; I just fixed it but Im still testing it...  I did add a few metrics to getmininginfo to show things about podc updates... Ill let you know as soon as its ready.

Rob, when is the PODC block "creating"? When is the last chance to be in payment list with good UTXO?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:14:44 PM

Rob, when is the PODC block "creating"? When is the last chance to be in payment list with good UTXO?

The PODC Update transaction occurs immediately, at the moment you send it.  6 confirms later, all Sancs know about it.  
Sancs dont agree on one particular time frame, they keep re-hashing the contract until they come to a consensus, this could take hours.  Once they have a winning vote with greater than the threshhold of votes required for sanctuary quorum they take a break.  
So the answer is you have a chance all the way from t+1 to t+23 hours each day for an adjustment to take place.
But for all intents and purposes you are more likely to have your contract inducted in the middle of the cycle, because they all might agree on the contract early in the cycle.

I just checked in 1.1.1.9 if you want to use it - it fixes the utxooverride=-1 bug.

Ill announce it later tonight after windows is ready.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
orbis

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

The PODC Update transaction occurs immediately, at the moment you send it.  6 confirms later, all Sancs know about it.  
Sancs dont agree on one particular time frame, they keep re-hashing the contract until they come to a consensus, this could take hours.  Once they have a winning vote with greater than the threshhold of votes required for sanctuary quorum they take a break.  
So the answer is you have a chance all the way from t+1 to t+23 hours each day for an adjustment to take place.
But for all intents and purposes you are more likely to have your contract inducted in the middle of the cycle, because they all might agree on the contract early in the cycle.

I just checked in 1.1.1.9 if you want to use it - it fixes the utxooverride=-1 bug.

Ill announce it later tonight after windows is ready.

Thanks a lot.
Now I use Licht's deb packages, so I have to wait Smiley
It is a lot easier to install it on VPS Smiley
For now, I just checked twice whether the second wallet is not running Cheesy
stevenzak

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:24:19 AM

Is Mac OS wallet available, if not what is eta? Thanks
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:24:35 AM

Is Mac OS wallet available, if not what is eta? Thanks
No direct support yet but the following link may be useful to you
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7id9r9/advice_for_bible_pay_wallet_on_mac/
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:08:24 AM

Thanks a lot.

The packages are compiling on Launchpad right now Smiley Expect them ready in 1-2 hours.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:29:35 AM

While I understand that the masternode reward will go down over time, I was surprised to see that my reward this morning was only 83% of the previous day's reward (and yesterday's matched what I had been getting daily for the last 3-4 weeks) - surely that's a much faster depreciation than the schedule allots for. I couldn't immediately see any reason for this to be the case - does this seem right?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 09:50:57 AM

While I understand that the masternode reward will go down over time, I was surprised to see that my reward this morning was only 83% of the previous day's reward (and yesterday's matched what I had been getting daily for the last 3-4 weeks) - surely that's a much faster depreciation than the schedule allots for. I couldn't immediately see any reason for this to be the case - does this seem right?

Apart from the monthly deflation, rewards (POW, Sanctuaries, (PoDC?)) also depend on the network difficulty. It will fluctuate along with the difficulty. I saw people talking about a booming difficulty yesterday, so I'm not surprised that the payout went down for you today. It doesn't say anything about the payouts a week from now: it could go up again also.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

Hi everyone,

If you would like a notification when there is a mandatory update you can sign up for a newsletter on this website. This site will also be a future portal for Biblepay including project management for all the various projects if the proposal is approved.

http://bbppodc.org

To view the current projects, log in with this account:
E-mail: biblepay@bbppodc.org
Password: biblepay

Great Mike! Lots of potential here Smiley

Are you also planning on writing a newsletter about things outside of updates or having someone else write it?

So it would be nice to get some help. I think I will focus this website on Mining and PoDC. I could do a newsletter every 2 weeks but it depends on if people really need it since it will take some time to generate them.

The reason that I ask is because I also wanted to start a newsletter on biblepay.org, so I was thinking about merging the newsletter-features in some way. Or maybe you can have the 'technical newsletter' (information about (mandatory) updates and guides etc), and on biblepay.org we can have a newsletter concentrated on more general stuff (new charities and improvements etc). Or maybe it's better to put both in one newsletter option, and you can check boxes which information you would like to receive (mandatory update alarms, project updates etc).

About the forum: I was thinking that it's maybe overkill to have another forum? Or is it more for the Mining and PoDC support? Because it would be awesome to have a central place that is for support.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

Hi everyone,

If you would like a notification when there is a mandatory update you can sign up for a newsletter on this website. This site will also be a future portal for Biblepay including project management for all the various projects if the proposal is approved.

Are you also planning on writing a newsletter about things outside of updates or having someone else write it?

So it would be nice to get some help. I think I will focus this website on Mining and PoDC. I could do a newsletter every 2 weeks but it depends on if people really need it since it will take some time to generate them.

The reason that I ask is because I also wanted to start a newsletter on biblepay.org, so I was thinking about merging the newsletter-features in some way. Or maybe you can have the 'technical newsletter' (information about (mandatory) updates and guides etc), and on biblepay.org we can have a newsletter concentrated on more general stuff (new charities and improvements etc). Or maybe it's better to put both in one newsletter option, and you can check boxes which information you would like to receive (mandatory update alarms, project updates etc).

About the forum: I was thinking that it's maybe overkill to have another forum? Or is it more for the Mining and PoDC support? Because it would be awesome to have a central place that is for support.

I think all the newsletters should come out from biblepay.org. I can help distribute the technical newsletters if everyone agrees. BBP PoDC is somewhat redundant to the main website but I want to give people another choice. I will focus it more on mining initially for sure.

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:38:05 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 11:59:09 AM by slovakia

all important infos must be on 1 web, best main web .....  for what next and next forums omg

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 12:40:37 PM

Has there been some slippage in the block times?  looks like todays PODC block is 2hrs later than yesterdays
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:10:45 PM

ANDROID MOBILE WALLET - BETA TESTING

If you want to help testing, please visit:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=151.0

http://i64.tinypic.com/nl8mdv.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/2u7bt5j.png

Thank you!
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:29:02 PM

Hi everyone,

I think all the newsletters should come out from biblepay.org. I can help distribute the technical newsletters if everyone agrees. BBP PoDC is somewhat redundant to the main website but I want to give people another choice. I will focus it more on mining initially for sure.

A membership platform will let people subscribe for newsletter(s) and manage their subscription preferences. A freebie WordPress plugin will work to get started, but for the long haul we'll probably need a professional platform.

The more expensive member programs provide a variety of features, like ecommerce, automated newsletter email scheduling, qualified access to protected content, spam reg compliant mass mailings and live support. The company I work for has used one for about 20 years, well worth the money.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

ANDROID MOBILE WALLET - BETA TESTING

If you want to help testing, please visit:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=151.0

Thank you!

THANKS!  THIS IS GOING TO BE A KILLER APP!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
orbis

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:17:45 PM

Thanks a lot.

The packages are compiling on Launchpad right now Smiley Expect them ready in 1-2 hours.
Thanks Licht Smiley
So, I'm installing it right now.
Rob, I will run wallets on two PC's, one with utxooverride=-1 to test it Smiley
Cjm_258

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

If my RAC is going up, does that mean I have it set up right and should receive payments?
orphandefender

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:38:38 PM

Hi all,

Posting my proposal here for some feedback before opening it up for voting. Please provide feedback here after reading below: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=150.0

I'm the Executive Director of one of BBP's recipient charities, BLOOM (Be Love Orphan Outreach Missions.) As some of you may know, one of our main programs is orphan hosting. It's an amazing program where we bring kids from Poland (and hopefully Burundi this summer) to the U.S. for a "reverse mission trip" where American families host the orphans in their homes, and the kids learn English, experience the love of Christ through a Christian family that exemplifies Him, and they get dental and eye exams, etc.

The kids significantly increase their self esteem through this program, thereby decreasing their chances of going into prostitution, becoming criminals, or committing suicide (all very common among orphans who age out of the system in Eastern Europe). 15% of orphans will commit suicide before their 18th birthday, 60% of orphan girls will become prostitutes and 50% of orphan boys will become criminals if no one intervenes in their lives to show them that they can have a future. Hosting mentorship, plus sharing the love of Jesus gives these kids the hope they need for a better future.  Also, orphan hosting significantly increases a child's chances of getting adopted (by about 50-70% depending on the country's adoption rules).

I would like to ask if Bible Pay would sponsor a few "hosting scholarships" for Polish orphans to help offset their airfare to come here on the hosting program. My research shows that kids who have scholarships are 75% more likely to be hosted.

Five one-time scholarships at between $500-1250 each would help us place 7-9 more kids this summer, including hard-to-place sibling groups! If that is too much to ask, we can certainly reduce this number. To give you perspective, I have 45 Polish kids to place right now, but no scholarships from donors yet, so you'd be really making an impact. I have only placed 5 so far with families, so there will be many heartbroken kids if we cannot boost this number thanks to scholarships.

The benefits of sponsoring a scholarship are that I will directly send updates on how the child is doing in their host family while here in the U.S., including pictures, and you only have to fund it ONCE instead of worrying about ongoing monthly sponsorship funding. And it's exciting to know you literally brought a child out of their orphanage, possibly for the first time in their lives, to get to know the love of Jesus and love of a family, also for the first time ever. Of course, I would give another shout out to BBP as the sponsor on Facebook and in our next newsletter.

The only downside is there would be no letter writing involved, since we don't tell the kids that someone sponsored them (other than their host family).

Here is a breakdown of the hosting costs per child and how significant BBP's impact would be:
Total hosting cost: $2995
International Airfare: $1000-1200 (BBP contribution 50%)
Domestic US Airfare: $250-500
Food for child in airport/during in-country transport: $20
Medical Insurance: $100
Chaperone travel fees (approx 1 chap for 10-15 kids): $200
Social worker home visit: $150
Child's visa: $160
Child's passport: $100
In-country travel for child to get to airport from orphanage and to embassy (2 trips): $60-80
BLOOM in-country coordinator fee: $100
In-country paperwork chase for child's travel docs/coordinator transport: $50-60
Program shirt/lanyard/ID card: $20
Interview trip/BLOOM US coordination fees: $330
Airline Escorts: $50
Emergency budget: $40-120 (depending on above costs being higher or lower than expected)

In sum, I'd like to ask if BBP would sponsor the following (non-recurring):
Three $500 scholarships for individual kids=$1500/750,000BBP
Two $1250 scholarships for sibling groups of 2 or 3=$2500/1,250,000BBP
Total: $4000/2,000,000 BBP

If this is too much for the budget right now, I will revise and reduce as needed, but, this would give between 7 and 9 kids a chance at knowing Jesus this summer as is.

Thank you for the consideration and let me know if you have any questions!

April Wareham
BLOOM Executive Director
www.bloomworldwide.org
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:38:37 PM

Really eyeing to buy this coin and setup a MN/POS at these prices. Though I have some quick questions before doing that. With the current count of masternodes for this coin now, would it still be profitable to set it up or is it more profitable to stake it? I also don't know if staking is possible with this coin so shedding some light on my questions would be very helpful and much appreciated.  Wink I have several MNs with the other coins and I see good potential for this one in the long run.

I'm biased because Im the lead dev so take this with a grain of salt.  I give Biblepay 3 green lights on a sanc:  ROI is still above 100% so Yes,  Future innovation is coming so Yes,  Forward value looks good (we are only .0029 per coin) with a bright future once we have 7 devs - so Yes.

From a financial standpoint according to https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/, we are still @ 132% ROI for a new sanc...

My reply to this is long overdue but I'll do it anyways.  Wink

Thanks for being honest with your reply and I'm glad that my first hunch for this coin is actually true. Being biased or not, the bright future of it backed by verifiable facts is inevitable and this provided me a good push to go ahead and set up my first masternode of BiblePay. Do you have any one-click script in setting up a masternode?
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: