Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:38:40 PM

quorum - the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid.

I count 276 enabled right now. https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/masternodes/

DASH doc (https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/governance/using.html) says, "The net total of yes votes must exceed 10% of the total masternode count at the time votes are tallied in order to pass."

So, you need a net of 28 yes votes to pass proposal if the MN count was the same when the monthly superblock occurs.

It's odd that if 28 Sanctuary owners each cast one YES-vote for a proposal, one Sanctuary owner with a single NO-vote can stop the proposal from passing.

That makes sense though because it is the responsibility of the proposal creator to generate more interest in voting if s/he is dangerously close to losing.

It doesn't make sense from a fair & balanced democracy viewpoint. It favors whales who can change the outcome of any vote at any time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:49:14 PM

REMINDER: Mandatory Upgrade takes effect in 9 days!

How to Update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nmvm8/how_to_update_clean_wallets/

=

I just contacted:
Masternodes.Pro - https://masternodes.pro/stats/bbp/statistics
Masternodes.Online - https://masternodes.online/currencies/BBP/
MNCN.online - https://mncn.online/coins/BBP
TradersGateway - http://www.tradersgateway.net/currencies/BIBLEPAY/Biblepay.html
NodeCheck.io - https://nodecheck.io/

Are GIN, Apollon and Mintnodes aware? (Anyone tested Apollon yet?)

Also GIN's Buy button links to CryptoBridge, Ill tell them to link to SouthXchange
UPDATE: GIN has been contacted

Biblepay website has the 1.1.5.6 as the latest version for download, but isn't the mandatory version 1.1.5.7? Maybe it has something to do with that the latest version on Github only has the source code uploaded, not a compiled version?
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 01:58:52 PM

quorum - the minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid.

I count 276 enabled right now. https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/masternodes/

DASH doc (https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/governance/using.html) says, "The net total of yes votes must exceed 10% of the total masternode count at the time votes are tallied in order to pass."

So, you need a net of 28 yes votes to pass proposal if the MN count was the same when the monthly superblock occurs.

It's odd that if 28 Sanctuary owners each cast one YES-vote for a proposal, one Sanctuary owner with a single NO-vote can stop the proposal from passing.

That makes sense though because it is the responsibility of the proposal creator to generate more interest in voting if s/he is dangerously close to losing.

It doesn't make sense from a fair & balanced democracy viewpoint. It favors whales who can change the outcome of any vote at any time.

No - it doesn't - its the job of each masternode owner to keep abreast of polls and make a vote; therefore it makes sense as it is.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 02:22:34 PM by bible_pay

I'll try to explain this to you in a nice way:  Part of my responsibility to give investors accurate information is not misleading them, and not compromising this forum with a personal tit-tat back and forth, as frankly its embarrasing.

I reserve the right to delete posts that do not move biblepay forward as a community.

We will not be ovverrun here with people's personal agenda on what they think should be our content.

If you do not trust my judgement, you are part of the problem.

Im not here to Censor, but you must start acting more respectfully and trusting my judgement.  

As for respecting your judgement,  well.. after this PM exchange, and the number of people driven away from this project/community through your attitude and actions...  It makes it difficult

We are all forgiven how can we not also forgive? ...

Yes, we are just men, and the least we can do is forgive others and also Not hold grudges.  Im not sure if you have seen our Gospel Links section in the pool, but I highly recommend watching This man saw judgement day.  It has nothing to do with where you are in your walk - its just worth watching Smiley.  Have a good one, I have a lot of PMs and issues but I enjoy remembering seeing your reply yesterday, it was like a rushing waterfall from Christ coming over me.

I will say this in PM,  no need to go further in public.

Are you trying to chase people away from this project?  

If I disagree with you, or challenge something my goal here is to better the project.  I am working to not have a tone or aggressive stance, with that I may be "cold" as I remove more emotion from it than I Should?  If that is the case then I am sorry.

I have chosen to stay in the shadows for the most part. I wanted to help on the re-base, but frankly I don't know if I could work with you from the limited interactions we have had.  

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." (1 Cor 13:2)

“By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).

These are important verses.   My wife has repeatedly mentioned the need for love above all else in dealing with others.  I myself am nowhere near where I want to be,  but I will keep working on it until I leave this life.

Yes, I am trying to drive people away, yes!

I believe you made a backhanded apology yesterday also - as you apologized and then went on to criticize anyway, as if criticizing from a place that is superior, with less information about the core wallet and the pool.

The issue is:  We created a pool post protocol that only required 750 bytes to be posted, and it was not until we extended the header size of the post data.  The code does has the ability to decrease its header data size in the post, by removing one of the fields its posting.

And we dont need stratum - if we did, I would have considered using it when I first made the pool.

And its not an improvement, its just an efficiency improvement, which we dont need because each pool handles the small amount of traffic per miner per hour in the current format.

So lets just focus on extending the header size of the three pools first, and then in the June mandatory removing the extra field.

Thank you for your single opinion; snat.  You are one of our 2500 users (accurate user count from the pool database), and one of approx. 10 (out of 2500) who continually try to make a mockery of this forum (by steering investors away from the core mission:  building value for biblepay) - and you havent disclosed if you even own one sanctuary.  Otoh, I'm entirely focused on that mission: building value for biblepay.

I'm sorry it has come to this, but I have to treat this as insubordination - since I started this project, I have the right to run it until it is large enough to split the work up upon multiple lead devs and multiple functions.  Its inherent trust lies in trusting me and if you cant do that frankly you should no longer be a part of this; as I think you have a hidden motive - possibly to drag down our price - or maybe workng for the enemy; its hard to say; but its clear you are a detraction and a net negative of our community.

In light of that, Im going to give you one more chance to act more respectfully toward the BiblePay forum and myself.  Please only post items that have to do with technical problems with biblepay, or how you are helping to solve them, or how you are helping other users, or spreading the gospel.  Do not post one more post :  attacking me, attacking the coin, attacking my character, or otherwise I will have to ask you to stop posting entirely on this forum.  

You have been warned - this is warning #1.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:09:12 PM

REMINDER: Mandatory Upgrade takes effect in 9 days!

How to Update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nmvm8/how_to_update_clean_wallets/

=

I just contacted:
Masternodes.Pro - https://masternodes.pro/stats/bbp/statistics
Masternodes.Online - https://masternodes.online/currencies/BBP/
MNCN.online - https://mncn.online/coins/BBP
TradersGateway - http://www.tradersgateway.net/currencies/BIBLEPAY/Biblepay.html
NodeCheck.io - https://nodecheck.io/

Are GIN, Apollon and Mintnodes aware? (Anyone tested Apollon yet?)

Also GIN's Buy button links to CryptoBridge, Ill tell them to link to SouthXchange
UPDATE: GIN has been contacted

Biblepay website has the 1.1.5.6 as the latest version for download, but isn't the mandatory version 1.1.5.7? Maybe it has something to do with that the latest version on Github only has the source code uploaded, not a compiled version?

You will actually download 1.1.5.7. It's just that the ticker didn't update itself.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:13:09 PM

I just want to quickly clarify something I think the 99% here know:

BiblePay has never manipulated, adjusted or lied about ANY revenue or expense in accountability.biblepay.org (its correct to the penny), and I, the founder have never cheated the orphanage out of any funds, nor ever comingled any funds with my personal account (this rumor started by SunK when he failed to recognize the transaction went from the dedicated wallet back to my wallet first as a repayment, then from me to myself) meaning that there was never a comingling, there was a dedicated account, and each line item always has been and is still correct in accountability.biblepay.org where it says it was handled by me, jaap, or any of our partners.

We are and always have been 100% honest.

I'm going to suggest an enhancement today for Theymos.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:28:08 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 03:13:37 PM by bible_pay

** Great Features Being Developed for BiblePay Right Now **

- Migrating our Accountability.biblepay.org database of expenses and revenue to the core wallet
- Ability for the core to store actual charitable expenses in IPFS
- Ability for the core wallet to report on Expenses and Revenue without relying on the pool (decentralization)
- Theymos RPC report (exec theymos)

- Phase 1 of Church Tithing (more info on this coming soon)

- Key-man risk:  working with MIP on a plan to decentralize this risk this month
- BiblePay Foundation: Working with Compassion on accepting BTC instead of fiat (still waiting for an answer).  This partially drives our future decisions on dissolving the foundation, or changing its structure.
- Compassion Orphanage sponsorship reduction: We are still waiting on Compassion's reply confirming our child count decrease and report.  I followed up with them twice, and they assure us they are working on it.
- Compassion Partnership with Jimmy Mellado:  I sent a plan to Compassion for Jimmy, for Governance reimbursements and for 'orphan mining'.  Both plans were redirected from Jimmys desk to IT.  I was just sent an e-mail explaining that IT is going to digest this and "may" call us for a conference call.

- DAHF:  Working due diligence with Fluidity (an SEC and FINRA regulated company that tokenizes assets on the blockchain)

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:55:13 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 03:45:19 PM by bible_pay

Faithful and Slothful Servants:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Faithful_and_Slothful_Servants

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 03:47:02 PM

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=161.0

What happened with that proposal? Did the guy just run away with the money?

No absolutely not Smiley I'm still in contact with Habib and he is still committed to BiblePay.

Unfortunately, he's had a very serious family-emergency, but he is planning to get busy with BiblePay again next month.
I will ask him to give us a precise breakdown of his spendings before moving forward.

The hardcopy-guide is also still being worked on (although it has become a project separate from Habib). I finished the website before going abroad last month. I came back last week, en now my focus is on the hardcopy-guide, airdrop, and PR.

Smiley

Thanks, I added a prayer for Habib and his family.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

+1 on the "dark web" aspect of coin mixing a private send... cryptocurrencies are already looked upon as "malicious", so if we add some "high privacy" stuff on top... :/

For the rest, I know another project that dispatches block rewards to masternodes in a regular way: in our case that would mean : Sanctuaries would get xx% of each block's reward, whatever the way the block was found. Maybe I misunderstood westwarmoth's suggestion, but I think it's not that far.

For a coin improvement I would suggest the following.

Daily Masternode (Sanctuary) Superblock:

Would equalize the payments for PoDC and Sanctuaries. PoDC makes about 10-15% more than Sanctuaries each day even though in theory they both receive 38.5%.
Would eliminate the variability.  Due to Dark Gravity Wave (DGW) Sanctuary reward since varies by up to 20%, this is not ideal for investors.
Would eliminate back-to-back rewards. This still happen with some frequency, where one Sanctuary gets paid two consecutive rewards and seems unfair.
Would be innovative.  Would allow all Sanctuaries to get a daily reward (block/enabled Sanctuaries), which would position the coin as a leader in the Masternode community.

The upside is the logic is already built in the PoDC superblock, so it shouldn't be quite as big of a project as building it from scratch.

A second coin improvement (in my eyes), would be to eliminate coin-mixing and private send.  

Both functions are very rarely used.  The Christian community is going to be difficult to sell on the notion that these transactions need to be obfuscated.  It lends the appearance of Dark Web activities.  While there are some moderate long term, potential benefits (such as sending to a hostile country), I don't see those being used so much.  Basically, if I need to hide religion from a government, then it doesn't matter how I send or receive the coins, I still won't be able to use them without suspicion.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 04:15:30 PM

DASH currently has 5,000 masternodes. It takes 500 net yes votes. BiblePay takes the 10% from DASH governance model.

If more participation is required or a bigger percentage, then you get into issues where proposals may not pass just from lack of participation.

Rob owns at least 80 masternodes, so he effectively controls about one-third of the vote.
Any proposal he creates, he can easily pass with 10% net yes requirement.

I think changing the governance requirements is tricky. Even with Rob's voting power, I think the way it is (from a technical standpoint) is okay.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 04:16:25 PM

For the rest, I know another project that dispatches block rewards to masternodes in a regular way: in our case that would mean : Sanctuaries would get xx% of each block's reward, whatever the way the block was found. Maybe I misunderstood westwarmoth's suggestion, but I think it's not that far.

Basically, I would like to see two daily Superblocks.  One for PoDC (which we have) and one equal sized one for Sanctuaries.  Then at the block time, the system would look at which Sanctuaries were enabled and pay each one from the Sanctuary Superblock.  So at block 75,040 there was a PoDC Superblock worth 1,077,065 BBP, and what I'm proposing is at block 75,145 we'd have a Sanctuary Superblock also worth 1,077,065 BBP (subject of course to the 1.5% deflationary emissions modifier).  That superblock would be equally divided among the 336 enabled Sanctuaries, so each would get roughly 3205 BBP.

Why not a daily superblock for both PoDC and MNs in the same block? I see, you want a daily superblock for PoDC (daily) and a MN (daily) half block day apart. How does that interact with the monthly superblock?

I guess there's no issue as monthly superblock was 73800, and the daily superblock was 73810. So, one doesn't replace the other.

I like the idea. Let's make it into a proposal.

I think DGW shouldn't change payout amount, just adjust the difficulty like it was designed to do. Botnets don't have a reason to mine BBP with the low payout and a CPID that mined this block can't mine the next block.

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

Thank you for your single opinion; snat.  You are one of our 2500 users (accurate user count from the pool database), and one of approx. 10 (out of 2500) who continually try to make a mockery of this forum (by steering investors away from the core mission:  building value for biblepay) - and you havent disclosed if you even own one sanctuary.  Otoh, I'm entirely focused on that mission: building value for biblepay.

http://pool.biblepay.org/ -> Report > Block Distribution
For block 75130, there were only 47 people mining via Proof of Work.
There's probably more at purepool, let's give you 100 unique users there: http://www.purepool.org/main/statistics

https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/leaderboard/
For the leaderboard, I see payments stop at around 320.

Maybe 320 unique accounts that are actively participating at most in BiblePay mining. Minus your 80+ masternodes... if the other 280 masternodes are unique, you have another 200. Being generous, you have at most 620 people participating in BiblePay. That's a far cry from 2500 you quoted. Please don't inflate numbers like Facebook with registered accounts... Let's look at active accounts. Point in saying all this is that snat's comments are more valuable and relevant than you care to minimize.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 08:49:22 PM

http://pool.biblepay.org/ -> Report > Block Distribution
For block 75130, there were only 47 people mining via Proof of Work.
There's probably more at purepool, let's give you 100 unique users there: http://www.purepool.org/main/statistics

https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/leaderboard/
For the leaderboard, I see payments stop at around 320.

Maybe 320 unique accounts that are actively participating at most in BiblePay mining. Minus your 80+ masternodes... if the other 280 masternodes are unique, you have another 200. Being generous, you have at most 620 people participating in BiblePay. That's a far cry from 2500 you quoted. Please don't inflate numbers like Facebook with registered accounts... Let's look at active accounts. Point in saying all this is that snat's comments are more valuable and relevant than you care to minimize.

Incorrect - and in the future, if you are going to be argumentative, again misleading investors consistently, I will have to ask you to stop posting inaccurate data.  When you come up with an idea that is inaccurate you should ask others first before posting it as "Fact".  Its absolutely inaccurate.  (Just as the accusation of comingling was).

I don't like to mislead our investors -  or post inaccurate figures.  Next, I do not make up things and post them for fun - I only post facts Sun.  (As I always have).

In order to perform your calculation, you need to count distinct solo mining keys, heat cpids, and PODC cpids.  And that does not take into account investors (who are not only a real part of BiblePay, but the ones who buy our coins so we can pay charity to our precious children!). 

We have 2,500 distinct pool accounts in one pool, and more in purepool that I deliberately didnt count (because of pool hopping and people trying to create multiple accounts).  Btw, pool.biblepay.org has the ability to warn me when people create more than one active account, so it is a pretty accurate number.

Therefore we have 2,500 total users - as I said.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 08:55:30 PM

Basically, I would like to see two daily Superblocks.  One for PoDC (which we have) and one equal sized one for Sanctuaries.  Then at the block time, the system would look at which Sanctuaries were enabled and pay each one from the Sanctuary Superblock.  So at block 75,040 there was a PoDC Superblock worth 1,077,065 BBP, and what I'm proposing is at block 75,145 we'd have a Sanctuary Superblock also worth 1,077,065 BBP (subject of course to the 1.5% deflationary emissions modifier).  That superblock would be equally divided among the 336 enabled Sanctuaries, so each would get roughly 3205 BBP.

I don't see the benefit of doing this - its a change that is rooted in - ? Paying a consistent amount to sancs?  Then you could add a proposal to remove DGW.  Imo - Ive explained a couple times why DGW is good for us, so I would vote against it.

A while back I emailed you the idea of having you investigate other proof-of-document-storage coins that are live and floated the idea of installing their software and evaluating each one.  Have you considered doing that yet or would you like us to ask someone else to do it?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:04:56 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 10:39:22 PM by sunk818

I don't see the benefit of doing this - its a change that is rooted in - ? Paying a consistent amount to sancs?  Then you could add a proposal to remove DGW.  Imo - Ive explained a couple times why DGW is good for us, so I would vote against it.

A while back I emailed you the idea of having you investigate other proof-of-document-storage coins that are live and floated the idea of installing their software and evaluating each one.  Have you considered doing that yet or would you like us to ask someone else to do it?

DGW (Dark Gravity Wave) does not require you to change the payout amount. It is just a difficulty algorithm that adjust difficulty for the next mined block. How can we accurately say PoBH and PoDC will receive a specific percentage of the block reward if the payout amount differs due to PoW difficulty?

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:07:43 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2018, 10:36:29 PM by sunk818

Show me 2500 active users. You're not allowed to insult me in public without proof. If I'm wrong, I'll sincerely apologize. I'm man enough to admit it if I'm wrong.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 02:51:27 AM

Show me 2500 active users. You're not allowed to insult me in public without proof. If I'm wrong, I'll sincerely apologize. I'm man enough to admit it if I'm wrong.

The records show that we have had 2500 distinct e-mail addresses buy BBP at one point in time or another - so the assumption is they are investors or miners (not active miners).  I never said they were active miners.  The user count is more relevant to understand how many people are following this project.  (IE to make the case that this little hate group is confined down to a few abusive people, and the hate group does not represent the cross section of biblepay).

Please make your tone a little more positive on this forum - I do not condone a hostile environment for other Christians.

Please think 2-3* about what you are going to post in the future.  I don't want a trigger happy post with a bunch of posts made out of anger.  You may consider repenting for anger issues if that is part of your problem.  Try to cool down and learn to forgive people.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 02:52:58 AM

I bring this up here, because only one person commented on the idea in the forum, and I did want your opinion of it.  I spelled out why I thought it had merit but to recap:

Would equalize the payments for PoDC and Sanctuaries, would eliminate Sanctuary variability (while retaining DGW for PoBH protection), squash the back-to-back rewards that happen which seem unfair and would give a daily payment for Sanctuary holders which would be a relatively novel masternode concept (and if we got to the point where we had 1500 Sanctuaries, would give quicker feedback that an individual did set it up correctly).

So the change has many upsides in my mind, consistency being just one of them.

I'd also like your thoughts on eliminating coin mixing and private send which the more I speak to people that aren't involved with crypto, they bring up the Dark Web quite often.  This perception that the primary use the average person thinks of is so negative it could impact our growth in the intended religious markets.  Also, since it appears very few people are using it, eliminating it could simplify the code base without much penalty from current user demand.

In the end, I don't want to make a proposal on something you're opposed to as I know you've got a lot on your plate and there is plenty of work.

Finally, on the proof-of-document storage, I took about a week off from crypto in part due to your suggestion I find another coin.  The work I've done researching has to this point been solely data and not hands on.  From a few of the comments in the forum, it appeared things were moving to using that system for internal documents as the primary function, and from the research I've done, we'd be hard pressed to compete on price versus Sia nor ease of use versus something like Dropbox.  But at some point, I've got enough Sia to do some hands on testing, and the other coins out there that do similar aren't very hard to acquire (but I think Sia is the market leader and most relevant).

Thanks - let me think about the ramifications.  I don't wish to see you go and hope you are back permanently.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 04:20:50 AM

Would equalize the payments for PoDC and Sanctuaries

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Economics

Well, there is this document on the wiki called Economics.

Code:
3% is given to Proof-Of-Biblehash (heat POW) miners
38.5% is given to the longest waiting Sanctuary
38.5% is given to the Proof-Of-Distributed Computing (Cancer Research budget)

I don't know, it might actually be nice to adhere to the percentages since that is written in the wiki (although it conflicts with https://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page)

is what everyone expects.

Finally, on the proof-of-document storage...  I think Sia is the market leader and most relevant).

Storj also has a working product. FileCoin, MaidSafe. Chia (Bram Cohen's Proof of Storage, vaporware). For video, there is Bittorrent/Tron, Flixxo, and DTube (based off Steem & IPFS). IPFS itself is free and there's a lot of usable products already. I think PoDS is interesting to combine with crypto transactions, but its value remains to be seen. I think as a storage platform it is dead in the water. As a layer for application of some sort, there'd be more value. For example, you send BBP with an IPFS document encrypted so only the recipient can open with their private key. Its an easy way to transmit documents securely. Same idea as signed messages but it'd be a bigger payload hosted on IPFS.

Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: