Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243204 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

Are you two under the impression that I just complain and don't take action? I have taken action -- I submitted pull requests in the past: (https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/graphs/contributors). I contributed in other ways, but I'm discouraged at this point.

Sun, if you want to help improve the UX of the wallet, could you perhaps create a list of things you think could be made better? ...

Oh, and btw, isn't Bazaleel default already when you install a clean wallet? (I'm not sure.)

I already posted issues on forum.biblepay.org and github, but they've been mostly ignored. I forwarded the communication from the UX Designer from DASH as I had hoped it spark some new discussion about the user experience.

So many flavors to choose from, and your choosing to be salty Sun,
instead of complaining why not take action? Submit a pull request, Submit a proposal to vote on it

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=salty

Salty. Are you saying I'm getting upset over little things? User Interface and the User Experience is very important don't you think? All the screens added to the QT wallet is great, but it does need another set of eyes to ensure the features make sense and are usable. Rather than re-hash here, I'll write up the issues on GitHub. Either Rob, thesnat21, or some other kind UX designer may be able to contribute.  

I'm all in favor about discussing the UX, I've been thinking/working to get the letter writing UX as best as possible myself, and I'm always open for suggestions for the website. But I didn't know you posted on the BiblePay forum and github about the UX, I'm not active on github and must have missed it on the BiblePay forum. The UX is something I think about myself too, so I think we should be able to discuss anything involved with UX.

I agree with you that sometimes it's hard to get feedback on proposals for improvements. So again, if anyone has any constructive feedback regarding UX, please share it, and let's see if we can make it better.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:09:16 PM

Oh, and btw, isn't Bazaleel default already when you install a clean wallet? (I'm not sure.)

I just tested a new install.

The default is the pink striped one

Bezaleel clearly has the most votes based on the survey I set up 8 hours ago.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-J8ZHJLYZL/instant/

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. I'm in favor of changing the default to Bezaleel (and I already voted).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:24:11 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 06:38:45 PM by sunk818

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. I'm in favor of changing the default to Bezaleel (and I already voted).

Maybe thesnat21 or Rob could do me a favor put in a pull request to change the default wallet theme?

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Maybe thesnat21 or Rob could do me a favor put in a pull request to change the default wallet theme?

Quote from: thesnat21
thesnat21
Quote from: bible_pay
bible_pay

I already changed the default theme to Bezaleel, and heard replies back from new users that the default does load as bezaleel.

What kind of OS did you test this on?

I dont think we need a vote to change the default theme; its pretty much universally accepted that Bezaleel is the best (and was created with Anton to be better than the first generation default release).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:47:29 PM

Basically, I would like to see two daily Superblocks.  One for PoDC (which we have) and one equal sized one for Sanctuaries.  Then at the block time, the system would look at which Sanctuaries were enabled and pay each one from the Sanctuary Superblock.  So at block 75,040 there was a PoDC Superblock worth 1,077,065 BBP, and what I'm proposing is at block 75,145 we'd have a Sanctuary Superblock also worth 1,077,065 BBP (subject of course to the 1.5% deflationary emissions modifier).  That superblock would be equally divided among the 336 enabled Sanctuaries, so each would get roughly 3205 BBP.

I don't see the benefit of doing this - its a change that is rooted in - ? Paying a consistent amount to sancs?  Then you could add a proposal to remove DGW.  Imo - Ive explained a couple times why DGW is good for us, so I would vote against it.

A while back I emailed you the idea of having you investigate other proof-of-document-storage coins that are live and floated the idea of installing their software and evaluating each one.  Have you considered doing that yet or would you like us to ask someone else to do it?

I bring this up here, because only one person commented on the idea in the forum, and I did want your opinion of it.  I spelled out why I thought it had merit but to recap:

So the change has many upsides in my mind, consistency being just one of them.

I'd also like your thoughts on eliminating coin mixing and private send which the more I speak to people that aren't involved with crypto, they bring up the Dark Web quite often.  This perception that the primary use the average person thinks of is so negative it could impact our growth in the intended religious markets.  Also, since it appears very few people are using it, eliminating it could simplify the code base without much penalty from current user demand.

In the end, I don't want to make a proposal on something you're opposed to as I know you've got a lot on your plate and there is plenty of work.

Finally, on the proof-of-document storage, I took about a week off from crypto in part due to your suggestion I find another coin.  The work I've done researching has to this point been solely data and not hands on.  From a few of the comments in the forum, it appeared things were moving to using that system for internal documents as the primary function, and from the research I've done, we'd be hard pressed to compete on price versus Sia nor ease of use versus something like Dropbox.  But at some point, I've got enough Sia to do some hands on testing, and the other coins out there that do similar aren't very hard to acquire (but I think Sia is the market leader and most relevant).

So on the document storage coins, I think we need to think of other facets characterizing the service as a whole first:  Is it in Production (yes/no),  Est. Time to go live, Centralized/Decentralized infrastucture, Usability/Ease of Use, Speed (how fast can you up/download a file), Reliability (what are the chances of it breaking at random times), Durability (How many drives is it stored on), allows mounting a filesystem yes/no, services file storage or service individual files,  General notes about the experience of using it for a period, Overall Review level, and finally cost per Gig of storage.  

If we could have a volunteer make a spreadsheet of these elements per doc-storage coin, this would greatly enhance our development and roadmap abilities.  (I said once before I dont think price is completely relevant yet when comparing a decentralized storage price to centralized - except for mass document storage, but yes, lets put it on the sheet anyhow), but realize in my opinion, the price in a new endeavor is the least important - as we are in alpha - another words, we are designing a feature in R&D with a high prototype cost - the price could come down later.  Im really more aligned with making the ease of use file transfer, encrypted secure file transfer, business objects features, but I dont want to rule out document storage either as it is a viable option as a biblepay miner (another words, if we have a second miner - other than PODC, we may have a good backup candidate if boinc ever goes down, or for some reason boinc becomes untrusted by the supermajority, it would be nice to flip a spork and start document mining).

I think you have a good point on this elimination of private send and mixing, possibly.  I want us to be known as having 100% integrity, and know that using BiblePay they are still 100% anonymous if they wish to use TOR themselves - share no data and use nicknames.  Another words, I dont want to introduce things that reveals home identities to make people feel unsafe, but I would also want a coin with the highest level of integrity, so that we are not associated in any way with the dark web.  I also feel that from Togos experience of mixing - we may be enabling a feature that slows down the wallet if people start using it widely (as Dave_bbp pointed out ours isnt working well).  We could potentially remove it from the UI completely and make it a 'use at your own risk' RPC feature, something for a power user like Togo, but take the stance that we dont support the feature, and we dont add features to the wallet that make you lose privacy (unless you use them, like for instance adding your long/lat and email to a contact record yourself).  The privacy issue is tough because as a Christian you have to be a stand up non-shady individual, and thats why I ended up offering the long-lat, as if things get bad (on a civil unrest level),  we at least want to organize Christian camps of people together, and as a church pastor, you must publically expose where your church is so people can worship in person (IE church tithing).  However, a single Mom may not want to expose her long-lat, with good reason.  (Its also related to timing, were obviously not in the great tribulation yet Smiley.

Re-posting this for visibility.  Is anyone interested in helping out on the above R&D and creation of a spreadsheet?  It would help us in our next endeavor, integrating with IPFS by Christmas 2018.  Specifically, I would like to uncover which coin in production already mounts a filesystem, the end-user experience, and the speed in which the up-down works, and the reliability over time.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:53:09 PM

I already changed the default theme to Bezaleel, and heard replies back from new users that the default does load as bezaleel.

I dont think we need a vote to change the default theme; its pretty much universally accepted that Bezaleel is the best (and was created with Anton to be better than the first generation default release).

If it was already installed/run then the registry settings would hold the old theme preference.

a re-install wouldn't update that setting
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:55:14 PM

If it was already installed/run then the registry settings would hold the old theme preference.

Thats true.  Yes, correct, and I remember testing bezaleel on a new windows box successfully (as the default) and on one of my new linux sancs successfully.

So it appears this was a bad test.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:29:43 PM

Thats true.  Yes, correct, and I remember testing bezaleel on a new windows box successfully (as the default) and on one of my new linux sancs successfully.

I wonder if the uninstall can be setup to remove the registry settings, or at least prompt you for it?

edit:  I deleted the registry keys and re-launched, it appears to select the new theme as default.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:55:40 PM

Thats true.  Yes, correct, and I remember testing bezaleel on a new windows box successfully (as the default) and on one of my new linux sancs successfully.

I'm not clear what was a "bad" test? Are you saying I did not perform a good test, or are you saying your test plan did not include all factors (like registry entry of themes)?

If you erase the registry entry for theme, then that would tell you what is created by default on mainnet and testnet.

I installed BiblePay on a new laptop that's never had BiblePay installed. Windows 7 64-bit using the biblepaycore.exe (64-bit) installer with all defaults.

I got the biblepay-light theme (pink stripe).

This is the culprit: HKCU\Software\Biblepay\Biblepay-Qt\theme

The theme is tied to the user not to the folder that biblepay-qt is launched from.

TestNet has its own registry entry: HKCU\Software\Biblepay\Biblepay-Qt-testnet\theme

edit:  I deleted the registry keys and re-launched, it appears to select the new theme as default.

And which theme did you get as the default? Bezaleel or light theme?

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:15:40 PM

Sun, youve done great work, youve helped tweet at people about BiblePay,
You actually talk and conversate about BiblePay in other discords
Youve pointed out bugs and have broughten up good ideas.
You support people in our discord and telegram.
I think you should be paid for the work youve done, but that is your choice

The problem comes down to, what you find important right now and what others find important right now are two different things,

If Rob isnt interested, then you have to find someone else who can perform the work.

Not playing nice with Rob isnt going to make him like your ideas or make him enjoy interacting with you,
or want to listen to you in the future, and vice versa

If your passionate about an idea, go work on it! find someone to work on it! document it! create a proposal!

(You guys get upset about centralization, and then on the flipside you want Rob to implement all your ideas ROFL)

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:26:51 PM

Free market answers you every day. Thanks for the free market.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 10:31:46 PM

And which theme did you get as the default? Bezaleel or light theme?
Bezaleel
moginsa

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:00:18 PM

how soon do you see something in 'transaction' report? i have run it on minersofmen but within 45 minutes nothing yet showing up? Is it same as main pool about every hour it gives out shares?
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 11:07:26 PM

how soon do you see something in 'transaction' report? i have run it on minersofmen but within 45 minutes nothing yet showing up? Is it same as main pool about every hour it gives out shares?

In the wallet?   

Both of our pools pay out once a day I thought.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 11:21:00 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2018, 12:33:03 AM by thesnat21

for the theme:

// Return name of current UI-theme or default theme if no theme was found
QString getThemeName()
{
    QSettings settings;
    QString theme = settings.value("theme", "").toString();

if(!theme.isEmpty()){
        return theme;
    }
    return QString("bezaleel");  
}

also found this.. so conflicting messages, i'll submit a pull request so these are in sync
// Open CSS when configured
QString loadStyleSheet()
{
    QString styleSheet;
    QSettings settings;
    QString cssName;
    QString theme = settings.value("theme", "").toString();

if(!theme.isEmpty()){
        cssName = QString(":/css/") + theme;
    }
    else {
        cssName = QString(":/css/light");  
        settings.setValue("theme", "light");
    }

QFile qFile(cssName);      
    if (qFile.open(QFile::ReadOnly)) {
        styleSheet = QLatin1String(qFile.readAll());
    }

return styleSheet;
}

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 12:56:52 AM

Re-posting this for visibility.  Is anyone interested in helping out on the above R&D and creation of a spreadsheet?  It would help us in our next endeavor, integrating with IPFS by Christmas 2018.  Specifically, I would like to uncover which coin in production already mounts a filesystem, the end-user experience, and the speed in which the up-down works, and the reliability over time.

I hope you can find someone to do the comparison,  I'm not aware of any current coins that have file system mounting, though there may be some.

I was mining BURST for a while, and have 40-50tb of space I can throw together if need be... but i think we're a ways from needing that.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 12:59:13 AM

Every little thing we do can have a ripple effect,
My talking in Dash's discord more lately and also challenging fluffy over Twitter gave us more visibility,

Rob, I didnt mean any hate by the "UX could use some love" comment,
I probably should have worded it as "more love", I also didnt read Suns message before posting
I was thinking Jaap and I are not website designers, we could use some help LOL,
and that I also still need help with designing ads

I think Sun was rude again calling the wallet design Horrible, the design is fine, its functional, its getting the job done.
But also Rob, sadly people judge things by how they look, if we can look even better Im all for it.

=

Also, hey everyone, We have a new front page design on the main website:
https://www.biblepay.org/

I like the front page, looks a lot like many other coin pages so it should aid in navigation.  Wallet is front and center that helps.

As for the wallet they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".   I will say personally I thought the old theme was ugly...  No offence intended to anyone but I was grateful when the new theme came around Smiley

Edit:  sorry for the multiple posts...

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 01:01:45 AM

Strange that people get upset about other people’s opinion like it is fact.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:33:40 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2018, 04:10:19 AM by togoshigekata

Reminder: move your BBP coins off of Crypto-Bridge and Mintnodes while you still can

Also, we are 117 blocks away from Mandatory Version 1.1.5.7 taking effect,
this is about 13-14 hours away, remember to upgrade your wallets and masternodes!

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:26:31 AM

Free market answers you every day. Thanks for the free market.
Yes it does, and won't it be so splendid when we pass a 5$ mil market cap and sponsor 500+ orphans per month? 

Free market is telling you some months already that without profit nobody will sponsor anybody anymore.

Free market has moved practically all small masternode coins down a 95% or more.

BBP is down 75%.

I think free market is telling us things, but not the ones you claim. In any case you are not a representative of free market.
Pages: « 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: