Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:07:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 07:12:37 PM

I'm being hammered by some users that would like to see a collateral requirement be included for PODC 2.0 (similar to how we once required 20bbp per rac in PODC).

Could the community please vote on this poll?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=463.0

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 08:27:04 PM

It would be helpful if a few of you start up your WCG (world community grid) CPID again, and join it to team BiblePay, and start accumulating some RAC for testnet.

Im going to be inviting people into testnet on Friday.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 09:53:47 PM

I'm being hammered by some users that would like to see a collateral requirement be included for PODC 2.0 (similar to how we once required 20bbp per rac in PODC).

Could the community please vote on this poll?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=463.0

Please re-vote; the poll has been updated to use Exponents (suggested by Talisman) instead of static BBP-per-rac.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
cuarc001

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 02:44:18 AM

For those interested in getting back into WCG, here is one of the biggest WCG challenges of the year.
https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html
Welcome here on our Challenge-Pages for the 15th Birthday Challenge at World Community Grid.

The Challenge will take place from

Nov 16th - Nov 22nd 2019

To join your team in the race or register your team for the race, your WCG-Team-Captain has to visit this Page. The challenge's aim is to get as much points as possible in the given time frame. The WCG-Subproject can be chosen freely.

More information about the challenge-mode this year can be read here! https://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/94_en_IMPORTANT%20Info%20about%20the%2012th%20Birthday%20Challenge.html

To sign the team up - https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=9700

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:47:36 AM

Hi Guys,

I've been out of the loop for a bit because I was in retraite for a month, but I'm having trouble with my sanctuaries. They seem to get stuck and I can only 'unstuck' them with a -reindex, but they get stuck again a little bit later. I'm running 1.4.5.0 I think? (Although the latest release according to GitHub is 1.4.4.8.?)

Code:
  "version": 1040500,
  "protocolversion": 70737,

They are currently stuck on block 154179. It's a 1CPU, 1GB RAM (2GB SWAP), 20GB SSD VPS. SSD is about half-full. Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS. Are my specs not enough anymore for a Sanctuary? My non-sanctuary wallet has no trouble keeping in sync. Problems started happening about three weeks ago.

Can anyone help me?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:32:18 AM

i'm not able to rejoin pog...

}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec cpk capulinko true
{
  "Command": "cpk",
  "Results": false,
  "Error": "ALREADY_IN_CHAIN"
}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec join pog true
{
  "Command": "join",

how to fix this, seems force is not working for me

Although capulinko, is probably in there already as far as a nickname being linked to an old address, try this:
exec cpk your-nickname your-emailaddress user true
The your-emailaddress and "user" must come before the "force=true"

Then try a sendgscc after 5 confirms after you are in the chain, then wait for the leaderboard.

cpk command works, but join or sendgscc still not:

09:28:50
?
exec join pog

?
{
}

09:29:07
?
sendgscc pog 2000

?
{
}

how to force join? i'm sure i did several unjoin so i should not be joined yet
capulo

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:27:10 AM

It would be helpful if a few of you start up your WCG (world community grid) CPID again, and join it to team BiblePay, and start accumulating some RAC for testnet.

I can start some, but i need to recall how it works Smiley
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 03:42:11 PM

I have a question Sun:

In your Signature you have a link to a "BBP community thread" - which I called the bbp-haters before, primarily because it spreads infighting and vitriol in our community.  Ive apologized for things that I thought were wrong in the past and made a good effort to forgive anyone for anything I held against them. 

But I havent had the same respect shown back to me - like for example all the attacks where people accused me of stealing orphan funds, or deliberately censoring, or accusing me of hiding things etc, and frankly Im not even asking for that.

What I suppose is pretty damaging, is that you are still advertising this as a community thread.  Shouldnt this be our community thread (as it is our only official bitcointalk presence), shouldnt that be changed?

And shouldnt T-mike be taking down all that hate speech and bringing the community together and apologizing for leaving it up?

Could you offer your opinion on removing all of that and starting over, and reaching out to T-Mike and asking him to do that?

I've been dealing with the California fire recently, so I've had other life priorities.

Jesus forgave our sins, so even those undeserving of forgiveness is granted this grace. Likewise, if our hearts are open to it, we should extend this grace to each other whether or not the other person reciprocates. On my part, I can remove that part of the signature. Unfortunately, I can not arbitrate between you and tmike. You will have to make further effort and/or live with the past. I pray you have an opportunity in the future to make amends with tmike.

Luke 12:14 NKJV But He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?”

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 04:32:08 PM

How do I join or change teams in World Community Grid (WCG)?
https://whitewalr.us/2019/boinc-wcg-join-change-team.html

Nipar

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:09:44 PM

Started one machine on WCG. shouldn't take long to get some decent RAC.
capulo

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:38:08 PM

ah sooo.. i think i need to setup podc again... Cheesy ok, i'll start wcg today, maybe i still have account there Smiley
Nipar

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:49:03 PM

ah sooo.. i think i need to setup podc again... Cheesy ok, i'll start wcg today, maybe i still have account there Smiley
Yes. Just setup Boinc to run World Community Grid and be sure to add yourself to Team Biblepay.
Get a head start on RAC Smiley
jamescowens

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:36:05 PM

Rob,

You probably are aware that Gridcoin has implemented team whitelisting as a stepping stone to removing the team requirement entirely. I wanted to get your sense of whether we should reciprocally whitelist each other's teams, Gridcoin and Biblepay, with the pending PODC 2.0? We are discussing this in the Gridcoin core team. Let me know your thoughts.

Jim
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 08:16:40 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2019, 08:56:15 PM by sunk818

For NOMP historical data, is that from pool.biblepay.org or self sufficient from nomp.biblepay.org ? I'm attempting install NOMP myself, so wanted to know whether I should attempt the mySQL install. The historical data field will be enough with some enhancements I think for most miners.

The enhancement portion is to show block reward for block height.
And perhaps a calculated field that shows block reward * percentage to give you estimated payout?

Then when we receive payment, we can sort of figure out what range the payment is from.

I know it'd be a little complicated to state which blocks a specific payment to us is for.

I have a javascript that can filter rows by the string in the search field, so if I can get it working, I'll submit a pull request in the historical data field.

Just thinking miners would like these enhancements.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 09:34:32 PM

i'm not able to rejoin pog...

}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec cpk capulinko true
{
  "Command": "cpk",
}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec join pog true
{

how to fix this, seems force is not working for me

Although capulinko, is probably in there already as far as a nickname being linked to an old address, try this:
exec cpk your-nickname your-emailaddress user true
The your-emailaddress and "user" must come before the "force=true"

Then try a sendgscc after 5 confirms after you are in the chain, then wait for the leaderboard.

cpk command works, but join or sendgscc still not:

?
exec join pog

?
{
}

?
sendgscc pog 2000

?
{
}

how to force join? i'm sure i did several unjoin so i should not be joined yet

Well if you did an 'unjoin pog' and waited 5 blocks then did a 'join pog' that should have done it; but anyway, please send me the output of 'exec sentgsc'.
If you sent a gsc with 'sendgscc pog 2000', then received an empty response (that means success), then we should see the txid of the sent GSC and be able to track it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 09:39:45 PM

For NOMP historical data, is that from pool.biblepay.org or self sufficient from nomp.biblepay.org ? I'm attempting install NOMP myself, so wanted to know whether I should attempt the mySQL install. The historical data field will be enough with some enhancements I think for most miners.

The enhancement portion is to show block reward for block height.
And perhaps a calculated field that shows block reward * percentage to give you estimated payout?

Then when we receive payment, we can sort of figure out what range the payment is from.

I know it'd be a little complicated to state which blocks a specific payment to us is for.

I have a javascript that can filter rows by the string in the search field, so if I can get it working, I'll submit a pull request in the historical data field.

Just thinking miners would like these enhancements.

Before we work further on Nomp, please e-mail me so we can parse through your reply with T-Mike and open up a line of communication with him and with TheSnat.

I want to resolve the status of that other thread before working on further items and/or projects, and also ensure you have something to work on over the next week for BiblePay that will benefit our short term goals.

Btw, I posted a project we could use help with a couple pages back - the one where someone will create a web UI with CPID/RAC and anything that helps resolve support requests.  You could reach out to thesnat and see if he has any old code you may want to host with that page also - he had a nice PHP page that had a CPID tool.

Also, any help guides that we can hammer out details on that would allow us to onboard WCG users would be helpful also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 09:47:46 PM

Rob,

You probably are aware that Gridcoin has implemented team whitelisting as a stepping stone to removing the team requirement entirely. I wanted to get your sense of whether we should reciprocally whitelist each other's teams, Gridcoin and Biblepay, with the pending PODC 2.0? We are discussing this in the Gridcoin core team. Let me know your thoughts.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

So let's think about the ramifications. 

I believe it would be a pro to allow Gridcoin and BiblePay to participate in each other's projects, as this would certainly expose more users/miners/investors to each community - without the negative effects of simply financing non-team activity (crunchers who might already have RAC who just join to dump the coins).

I'm personally for the idea.  I'm willing to whitelist both teams if GRC is willing to whitelist BBP  Grin.

Please let me know what the GRC community thinks!

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 09:51:07 PM

Yes. Just setup Boinc to run World Community Grid and be sure to add yourself to Team Biblepay.

Thats great.

Hopefully we will have something ready to test by the weekend.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 10:49:41 PM

Before we work further on Nomp, please e-mail me so we can parse through your reply with T-Mike and open up a line of communication with him and with TheSnat.

I want to resolve the status of that other thread before working on further items and/or projects, and also ensure you have something to work on over the next week for BiblePay that will benefit our short term goals.

Rob, whatever you want to do is fine. No pressure. Just providing suggestions on what miners are asking for. I forget to encourage other people to post suggestions: https://twitter.com/andreasedler2/status/1188894572425949190

As I agreed, I removed the community thread link from my profile. For tmike and thesnat21, I suggest you contact them directly. I unfortunately can not mediate and be an arbitrator. I understand wanting to remove negative sentiment about BiblePay or about yourself. I have things in my past I wish I could change or remove too. I prefer to keep our communication public as I am still traumatized from the last e-mail I got from you.

For NOMP, I am upgrading my Ubuntu from 16 to 18 and will try the instructions shortly.

> Btw, I posted a project we could use help with a couple pages back - the one where someone will create a web UI with CPID/RAC
> and anything that helps resolve support requests.  You could reach out to thesnat and see if he has any old code you may want to
> host with that page also - he had a nice PHP page that had a CPID tool.

I did some searching and perhaps this is what you're talking about? I'm surprised it is still working: https://forum.biblepay.org/tools/podcstatus.php

I'm not a programmer so the ways I can contribute is limited. You should already know this with the pull requests I make which consist mostly of style changes. If I can assist with the CPID stats somehow, I'll let you know. I keep in touch with oncoapop and his leaderboard page made me think I could possibly scrape something together... http://oncoapop.sdf.org/biblepaymain/leaderboard.html -- and nipar has been sharing his bash scripts with me, but they are a little advanced for me.

> Also, any help guides that we can hammer out details on that would allow us to onboard WCG users would be helpful also.

I wrote this: https://whitewalr.us/2019/boinc-wcg-join-change-team.html - I can continue to write how-to guides.

capulo

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:18:59 PM

done, added dual x5660 and dual e5 2450L
Pages: « 1 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 [774] 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: