Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:17:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:57:10 AM

A delay in funding is not, "forever unfunded".

Even if he dies he said it could get funded.

Could != Would/Will

Keep in mind he would be dead. This would sort of limit his actions and he would thus have to rely on others.

Which still does not make it absolute that the coins will get funded in that case. Hence my inquiry to him about lost/stolen coins and unfunded coins.

He did mention that if he was not around to fund coins then the coins unfunded would be a rare specimen. So perhaps you are right, but we will see what he says about lost/stolen coins and funding of them.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:19:31 AM

Here is mike's response to me via email:

I ship only using fully trackable shipping and will avoid funding if the carrier will tell me in writing they lost it.  This applies only to coins I send out, not ones remailed by resellers.

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing. Coins may exist unfunded if they are reported by the carrier as lost during shipment from mike to the original buyer and in no other circumstances. In a similar circumstance I would be doing the same as it makes the most sense.

If Mike chooses he can verify this quote as I have copy-pasted it here.

Keep in mind that this scenario has not happened for me. So my method of funding will remain until I can see a better way to go about dealing with a situation like this. Given ALL of my packages are going through USPS registered mail, it may be some time until I see this manifest itself.

If a package ever went missing or stolen through the carrier and I got confirmation (in writing as well) I would eat the cost and replace the package to the buyer.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:52:47 AM

The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Each coin comes with a certificate with the FULL ADDRESS of the coin too.

Firstbits is not sufficient. Recipient of unloaded coin could vanity-gen an address with identical firsbits. You have to use producer list to verify coin.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:10:37 AM

The first bits address you will be able to look up on the litecoin block chain. This has always been an option to verify funds.

I will release a public list of funded addresses in the near future. This way you can cross check to see if the coin being resold (assuming you are buying from someone else besides me) does in fact have coins at the specified address.

Firstbits is not sufficient. Recipient of unloaded coin could vanity-gen an address with identical firsbits. You have to use producer list to verify coin.

Good point. Then the certificate and the list I provide will be sufficient.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:03:30 AM

Not sure about that, as I understand it, say the coin's FirstBit was Labcde then anyone vanity generating the same would get a FirstBits of Labcdex, so when checking the original Firstbits would show as an unfunded address still.

edit: if FirstBits is just the first 5 chars, ie Labcd, then that would be the coin's & a van-gen would have Labcdx

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:08:05 AM

Please note that I am shipping through USPS and not UPS.

I know there can be some confusion as they are similar in names. It is worth mentioning once again in case anyone missed it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:19:50 AM

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing.

No, Mike has offered to ship coins that have been funded to me personally. You are not doing the same thing. Keep in mind that is what this whole tangent was about. I asked you to do what Mike had offered me. You refused.

You do what you will but let us all be honest about it.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:25:51 AM

Looks like I'm doing the exact same thing.

No, Mike has offered to ship coins that have been funded to me personally. You are not doing the same thing. Keep in mind that is what this whole tangent was about. I asked you to do what Mike had offered me. You refused.

You do what you will but let us all be honest about it.

If you had read the OP in its entirety you would have known what was to be expected with this batch.

If what you claim is true then Mike has funded your coins before being delivered and confirmed. That is his choice obviously. It is not up for debate with this current batch.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 02:59:58 PM

Just cant wait to get my "your LTC have shipped" notice!!
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:44:56 PM

I am also looking forward to getting my coins...any update as to when these begin shipping out?

These are sweet...I can't wait.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:16:28 PM

Yep, waiting for a shipping notice myself. Will be wanting to order more Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

@Smoothie,

Gotta give you credit where credit is due

You hit a grand slam with these coins.

~BCX~

hmmm.  someone else used that same analogy just last nite  Wink
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:19:15 PM

Not sure about that, as I understand it, say the coin's FirstBit was Labcde then anyone vanity generating the same would get a FirstBits of Labcdex, so when checking the original Firstbits would show as an unfunded address still.

edit: if FirstBits is just the first 5 chars, ie Labcd, then that would be the coin's & a van-gen would have Labcdx

i think this is correct.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

i think this is correct.

I thought the assumption was smoothie would send unfunded coins. In such a case the attacker firstbits would be Labcd and smoothie would not even load the coin because it was reported "lost" by postal service / recipient / attacker. Therefore everything would look fine (even 10 LTC would be on Labcd) to an unsuspecting user only checking firstbits. Only upon redemption attempt would he find out the private key doesn't match (or when attacker moves the 10 LTC and the user checks the firstbits again).

Also: firstbits is handled a little differently by different sites. For example blockchain.info just searches for the first occurrence of a given prefix (no matter the length).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:26:21 PM

I think it would be in the best interest of both casascius and lealana coin owners if there was a guarantee that and un-tampered hologram = a funded coin.

People can check on the internet, but this is a physical coin.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:31:45 PM

Why not just register the firstbits by sending like 0.001 ltc to each address and put the rest in later?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

Why not just register the firstbits by sending like 0.001 ltc to each address and put the rest in later?

I think this is a good suggestion.

Other remark: Mike is specifically offering delayed loading for customs purposes. Afaik he will fund coins at some point in any case.

clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:28:26 PM

Good looking coins

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:00:11 PM

i think this is correct.

I thought the assumption was smoothie would send unfunded coins. In such a case the attacker firstbits would be Labcd and smoothie would not even load the coin because it was reported "lost" by postal service / recipient / attacker. Therefore everything would look fine (even 10 LTC would be on Labcd) to an unsuspecting user only checking firstbits. Only upon redemption attempt would he find out the private key doesn't match (or when attacker moves the 10 LTC and the user checks the firstbits again).

Also: firstbits is handled a little differently by different sites. For example blockchain.info just searches for the first occurrence of a given prefix (no matter the length).

doesn't FirstBits also depend on Labcd being on the blockchain?  that's how it knows that that address is reserved.  anyone generating the next Labcd is forced to add another character/number.

thus, it seems that for the FirstBits to be valid it has to used once, ie, funded by Smoothie.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:02:44 PM

I think this is a good suggestion.

Other remark: Mike is specifically offering delayed loading for customs purposes. Afaik he will fund coins at some point in any case.

I'd much rather have coins funded with a single output of 10ltc than some 0.001 + 9.999 thing and could care less about first bits. Printing enough characters to discourage a vanitygen prank is easy enough since the time to generate grows quickly with each char.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: