Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!!  (Read 133693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:23:10 AM

So, when you ship do you PM here or email?

I will PM here.

Once I get my site up and running it will likely be all via email from then on.

Concerning the possibility of lost coins/stolen coins. I am tinkering with the idea of funding them anyway just to give confidence in my brand of coins. But I haven't made a final decision on this yet.

So far there haven't been any stolen coins in the past few years as far as I am aware (or lost ones via registered mail).

At the moment I am concentrating on getting orders out in a secure manner.

Future batches will likely have a vanitgen address to decipher different batches of coins much like Mike does. This is a good idea in keeping things simple when something goes lost.

I too agree most people wont check the public list or block explorer especially people who are just learning about bitcoin/litecoin etc.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:47:20 AM

Your order has shipped
Awesome thanks!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:03:30 AM

Mine shipped too!!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:15:13 AM

Concerning the possibility of lost coins/stolen coins. I am tinkering with the idea of funding them anyway just to give confidence in my brand of coins. But I haven't made a final decision on this yet.

So far there haven't been any stolen coins in the past few years as far as I am aware (or lost ones via registered mail).

Future batches will likely have a vanitgen address to decipher different batches of coins much like Mike does. This is a good idea in keeping things simple when something goes lost.

I too agree most people wont check the public list or block explorer especially people who are just learning about bitcoin/litecoin etc.

I'm glad you agree. Also if you do change your policy to "fund all the coins" it would be nice if you let the customer pick when they would like the coins funded.

And yes, we all know if we do not like your policy we don't have to buy from you, you made that more than clear.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:52:44 AM

USPS screwed me, delivery date was supposed to be today. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to receive my precious  Roll Eyes
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:30:45 AM

USPS screwed me, delivery date was supposed to be today. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to receive my precious  Roll Eyes
same here...
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:35:50 AM

same here...

Shipping to and from Hawaii has it's quirks. It will be there soon.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:55:26 AM

same here...

Shipping to and from Hawaii has it's quirks. It will be there soon.  Smiley

So where are you at on inventory?  How many have been sold?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:12:46 AM

Glad to hear that you're considering funding all coins even if a rare few may go astray, for large-ish orders you could always insure them for cost price so if that happened then there would be no monetary loss, or if not then just allow for the possibility of it happening & adjust the price a little to cover it afterwards if it ever happened.

Received my shipping notification Smiley maybe include also the USPS tracking URL with these: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Mine, to Spain, just says: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

which is OK, maybe it's not in the system as yet, or doesn't show for international registered mail, with Casascius's shipping the tracking worked up until it got to NY or LA ports for international orders.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:10:54 PM

Glad to hear that you're considering funding all coins even if a rare few may go astray, for large-ish orders you could always insure them for cost price so if that happened then there would be no monetary loss, or if not then just allow for the possibility of it happening & adjust the price a little to cover it afterwards if it ever happened.

Received my shipping notification Smiley maybe include also the USPS tracking URL with these: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Mine, to Spain, just says: Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

which is OK, maybe it's not in the system as yet, or doesn't show for international registered mail, with Casascius's shipping the tracking worked up until it got to NY or LA ports for international orders.

let uis know how much the customs cost was...
If it's minimal, I may consider buying, but i'm still not very excited because of the price...
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:46:31 PM

For what its worth I got the same message and I am in the states. But I've never had much luck with the usps tracking, most of the time the website isn't updated until the day its going to arrive anyway. Which makes it pretty much worthless IMO.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:24:54 PM

I'm glad you are considering this.

What has made Mike's coins so valuable is the confidence in his brand that has come from him being meticulous at every step.

The hologram is a very important part - an official hologram should guarantee the coin has been funded by Mike (or with Lealana coins, you).
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:39:14 PM

If it's minimal, I may consider buying, but i'm still not very excited because of the price...

I will, for Casascius non silver coins I received them each time with no duty to pay, even for over 100 coin lots, mostly privately mailed (as opposed to shop mailed) packages from the US to Spain don't get any problems with customs even if declared for quite high value (> $100 say) so I'm hoping that there won't be any. This year any packages I've received from Thailand though are now being charged duty but it's just a fixed amount regardless of contents or value of about €28 per package.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:01:48 PM

correction.

they will; eventually.

the worse case, and most probable scenario, is this.  someone steals your coins in transit.  they turn around and sell them to an innocent party for a premium who doesn't bother to check the address.  a year later the innocent decides to sell the coins to their brother, who does check.  voila!  no LTC!

result:  bad blood everywhere and your coins get tainted and the market value of Lealana coins plummets.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:23:31 PM

I wish mine would ship already!!! I can't wait Smiley
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

It works for me (to Belgium), they went from Honolulu to New York according to the tracker.
So it's not due to it being an international shipment, just a not so well functioning tracker. Seems to happen more so you don't have to worry about it.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:14:43 PM

I will, for Casascius non silver coins I received them each time with no duty to pay, even for over 100 coin lots, mostly privately mailed (as opposed to shop mailed) packages from the US to Spain don't get any problems with customs even if declared for quite high value (> $100 say) so I'm hoping that there won't be any. This year any packages I've received from Thailand though are now being charged duty but it's just a fixed amount regardless of contents or value of about €28 per package.

A fixed amount?!? How strange. What's the reasoning for that?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:24:17 PM

correction.

they will; eventually.

the worse case, and most probable scenario, is this.  someone steals your coins in transit.  they turn around and sell them to an innocent party for a premium who doesn't bother to check the address.  a year later the innocent decides to sell the coins to their brother, who does check.  voila!  no LTC!

result:  bad blood everywhere and your coins get tainted and the market value of Lealana coins plummets.

I can imagine a case even worse, don't know about probability:

• Unfunded Coins get stolen in transit.
  • Thief vanitiy-generates address with firstbits on coin and funds it with 10 LTC
  • In 5 years (1 LTC is worth $2,700), money starts disappearing from lealana physical LTC coins
  • Trust in and price of lealana coins drop considerably, people start redeeming their coins because they want to be sure wether they're truly loaded
  • Smoothie is accused of stealing/scamming, he shows the list of addresses he published, but the mob is blinded by anger and still screams "scammer! that list is fake!"

maybe smoothie should put a hash of the signed list into the blockchain from time to time, so he can prove his innocence Wink.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:27:13 PM

Dang, just looked up how long registered mail takes to deliver.

Please note that due to the tight security provided for Registered Mail, it may take 10-14 days for your shipment to arrive at its destination.

The time that registered mail takes depends on the distance. The post office says that it will take 7 to 14 working days.

I tried finding out any information from USPS.com but couldn't find anything that mentioned how long registered mail takes to deliver, but based on this quick google search, it looks like we're all going to be waiting a while to get our coins. Sad

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:37:53 PM

correction.

they will; eventually.

the worse case, and most probable scenario, is this.  someone steals your coins in transit.  they turn around and sell them to an innocent party for a premium who doesn't bother to check the address.  a year later the innocent decides to sell the coins to their brother, who does check.  voila!  no LTC!

result:  bad blood everywhere and your coins get tainted and the market value of Lealana coins plummets.

I can imagine a case even worse, don't know about probability:

• Unfunded Coins get stolen in transit.
  • Thief vanitiy-generates address with firstbits on coin and funds it with 10 LTC
  • In 5 years (1 LTC is worth $2,700), money starts disappearing from lealana physical LTC coins
  • Trust in and price of lealana coins drop considerably, people start redeeming their coins because they want to be sure wether they're truly loaded
  • Smoothie is accused of stealing/scamming, he shows the list of addresses he published, but the mob is blinded by anger and still screams "scammer! that list is fake!"

maybe smoothie should put a hash of the signed list into the blockchain from time to time, so he can prove his innocence Wink.

nah, there'd be no economic reason for the thief to fund 10 LTC to Lealana in the first place. he'd just keep the coin for the silver content.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: