Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
nonconformist

Activity: 386
Merit: 104

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:35:49 AM

With the help of the blockchain technology, I think Sphere can be at par with Facebook. It's hard to be as big as facebook because it's already up there, almost monopolizing the social media space. But hey, there's nothing wrong with trying. And I think the winning factor for Sphere is the blockchain technology which Facebook doesn't have. Let's see where will this go. I'm super interested to be honest.
I will have to disagree if its going to be at par with facebook in the future, they should have start advertising heavily and be known worldwide, But if it gets successful, it might get some portion of the social media, but not a big as Facebook.

Possibly, but who knows? But I think you have a point. Facebook now is so huge, it's almost impossible to eat the market share it has. But eating just a little bit of the market is doable. so yeah, I agree with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:04:29 AM

With the help of the blockchain technology, I think Sphere can be at par with Facebook. It's hard to be as big as facebook because it's already up there, almost monopolizing the social media space. But hey, there's nothing wrong with trying. And I think the winning factor for Sphere is the blockchain technology which Facebook doesn't have. Let's see where will this go. I'm super interested to be honest.
I will have to disagree if its going to be at par with facebook in the future, they should have start advertising heavily and be known worldwide, But if it gets successful, it might get some portion of the social media, but not a big as Facebook.

Possibly, but who knows? But I think you have a point. Facebook now is so huge, it's almost impossible to eat the market share it has. But eating just a little bit of the market is doable. so yeah, I agree with you.

The thing is with facebook that it is old. People get bored of it and starting to abandon it by one by.

Something new can bring more than you imagine if it executed properly.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:17:17 AM

you can try to contact from twitter when you can not waiting for answer here. Smiley

I think Telegram is even a better idea https://t.me/sphere_official1
Usually for getting answers, you should check telegram

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 09:32:12 AM

I also think the same because facebook is a giant and you just can not compete with them without a shitload of money.

I remember other giants in the social media which are now nothing anymore... just have a look at myspace.. Facebook could very well end up being the same in the future.
Tech moves so fast and innovations are king.. So we actually do not know if FB will remain the biggest .. i do think a innovative company could very well take a big share of FB.

facebook will drop of as king in the future to be sure. I've heard some stats that user generated content has been on the decline and zuckerberg has sold a lot of his stock in the company. alternatives will prosper in the future.

That means competition will be more tight in the future. Meaning we will have many alternatives to use.
The competition will only benefit! New chips and features will be presented. And in fact there are not so many competitors. And the fact that Sphere offers at all without competition. Therefore, success is guaranteed.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:00:33 AM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:01:10 AM

Yes, plus crypto enthusiasts will prefer starting to use a decentralized social media which give out some reward for sharing content, rather then using the old social medias
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:23:00 AM

Yes, plus crypto enthusiasts will prefer starting to use a decentralized social media which give out some reward for sharing content, rather then using the old social medias

But for such wide acceptance of decentralized social networks, crypto should become a mainstream. Then, anything is possible. Even Sphere growing up to Facebook scale.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:30:01 AM

I get that this kind of social network is more secure and all, but can I ask what your token will be used for? It's just a social feature or there's more about that?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:10:10 AM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

Piggy

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:46:52 AM

I get that this kind of social network is more secure and all, but can I ask what your token will be used for? It's just a social feature or there's more about that?

In the website says: These Social Activity Tokens are used throughout the system to facilitate transactions within the decentralized social network.

But there is no detail
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:49:08 AM

In the website says: These Social Activity Tokens are used throughout the system to facilitate transactions within the decentralized social network.

But there is no detail

so if you want to delete your account you have to buy tokens and use them to delete your account T_T"
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

Yes, it is one of the annoying parts of facebook.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:04:13 PM

But there is no detail

That's what I don't get, transactions for what? Tips and things like those? Because there's already a crypto for social networks, it's SEND

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:21:05 PM

But there is no detail

That's what I don't get, transactions for what? Tips and things like those? Because there's already a crypto for social networks, it's SEND

I hope this explanation will help kraterion:

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

But there is no detail

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Dividends? No man, now I'm looking into the whitepaper and I found this:

"SAT is a digital currency designed to be used within Sphere – a new, private, and secure social media platform that offers an integrated, decentralized market, complete with its own advertising platform."

Now it makes sense since there will be a decentralized market

Piggy

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:00:33 PM

The market it's quite a nice addition to have in top of a social media. This will probably make it interest in the eyes of people having small businesses
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:10:33 PM

The market it's quite a nice addition to have in top of a social media. This will probably make it interest in the eyes of people having small businesses

many of social media project coming up in crypto space. How is difference between others like kik? can we have some comparison document? I am interested in sphere since platform is ready and looking good.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:15:38 PM

But there is no detail

Sphere don't pay dividends. It's never been in their whitepaper but mistakenly was on their website. Now it has been replaced with "rewards". 

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:18:02 PM

many of social media project coming up in crypto space. How is difference between others like kik? can we have some comparison document? I am interested in sphere since platform is ready and looking good.

Sphere has the differential of already presenting a product linked to an innovative concept, although it enters a field of performance where there are dominant and some Icos appearing, but surely is ahead, in my vision, its platform will be great and the commercialization of data will further raise this potential
safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

But there is no detail

Sphere don't pay dividends. It's never been in their whitepaper but mistakenly was on their website. Now it has been replaced with "rewards". 

they cannot pay dividends, unless they will not be able to be listed by main exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: