Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It advisable to quit my present job for bitcoin?  (Read 14055 times)
Felix1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:32:14 PM

Quitting day job at present is not the right thing. There simply aren't enough job opportunities in Bitcoin to make very much money. The number of job opportunities come primarily from those who freelance or start their own business, aside from that there aren't any long-term paying jobs.
 It's too risky to depend only on bitcoin, its always good to have a good and secure full time job which takes care of our family too, and also provides additional benefits which bitcoin doesn't.
I mean that of course It is advisable If you can afford to take risk by living only on bitcoin then you can go for it, but you also need to keep in mind future uncertainties as if bitcoin disappears then you should have alternate option for living. First think about the physical work. Dont rely on this online jobs because you dont know to when it will last. Plus it is bitcoin we are talking about there could be ups and downs.
Qit from real job and focus to bitcoin is not a simple plan. We must ready for any chase, maybe our way to earn bitcoin will be closed. Or the mining not profitable again, and the hardest or difficulty to earning bitcoin is increase to much.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:34:15 AM

Actually there are things you must consider prior to your present job. Don't take bitcoin as the main reason for you to quit your job. Because as long as you are enjoying in your job and the salary is enough for you then just do bitcoin as source of extra income. It is just a matter of time management if you are complaining that you dont have enough time for you to study bitcoin.
That's it If have a decent job and enough for living why risking it for bitcoin, earning money through bitcoin could only be considered as side job. Leaving the job is just not a wise move or rather stupid considering that the money earned through bitcoin is not certain.
But, if the thread maker already rich from bitcoin and probably the money can be used for living for few years, it's okay.
Yes, the future of bitcoins is not that stable as it is not completely legalized yet so depending completely on bitcoins may not be that good idea. Always try to prefer job instead of bitcoins but if you think that bitcoins are  giving you good profits then job, than surely you can try bitcoins to make your life more stable.

According to me, bitcoins can help a individual to have good profits for now as it is much profitable presently but predicting the future of bitcoins is not that easy. Surely we all hope that bitcoins will live plenty more years without any huge difficulty but completely relying on it may not be that good idea.
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:17:58 AM

Think of it a million times, this is a very risky decision because nowadays it's very hard to find a job because of competition. Definitely bitcoin gives us big opportunity to become rich but for now we all know that bitcoin is not that stable. We have to make sure that we will not regret with the decisions we have made. We can make bitcoin as a source of our extra income, the higher we earned from here the better. We will just hope that bitcoin will live plenty more years without encountering difficulties, and giving us opportunities to earn and make our lives financially stable.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:25:35 AM

Others have said it as well, but no harm in underlying it once again: Definitely do not quit your day job for bitcoin. On the one hand, the future of bitcoin is not certain (although we hope for the best) and the financial security that your day job brings allows you to spend time on bitcoins. No need to throw that away. Continue investing in bitcoin, but continue working as well. It is the best of both worlds.
Trading can not give that good profit as trading with bitcoins need a huge time interval to have our capital back and then the profit starts there. If an unemployed tries to start his/her courier in trading than surely he cannot make his financial life much stable as he will need to wait a long to have good profits. Even altcoin trading is not that easy.

Trading requires a lot of research and knowledge and also trading requires a lot of patience. If you have lack of patience, surely you will have some major losses instead of profits.
Goodsamaritan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:39:29 AM

In my personal view, it would not be the smartest move you will ever made. Since investing alone in bitcoin is a risk what more when you pledge your time in it. The risk would only grow unless you will work for bitcoin as a regular worker.
fazerockzx

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:46:03 AM

Quiting your present job for bitcoin is not a good idea because having both will make you earn money faster and have a active living if you have an active job. I'd say it is only advisable if you are satisfied on what you want to earn if bitcoin can provide it for you, but just thinking about having bitcoin only for your living source in life is kind of a more relaxable way than having an active job.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 05:55:36 AM

My straight question is why people do jobs ? And answer is simple to earn money.

I would like to focus on things how happens -

There are primarily three necessities of human - food, cloths and shelter, Since from ancient period and are still. We everyone want to live better life as now its possible by spending money. But for that money human start to use own skill initially to get paid for own excellence. After then its moved towards centralization as human start to hiring other to by paying them. an so .... it a a big story. But I end here.

Now Bitcoin. Bitcoin is open source, second thing it have already created open source earning platform for everyone. Blockchain is real invention after agriculture as anyone can do in last 1000 years.
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:03:56 AM

i would advise to stay in your current job untill you test crypto as a part time job and see if you can earn or benefit more by quitting your job or the profitability for you will be the same i hope that helps you and wish best of luck on your walkthrough
michellecastaneda

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:06:09 AM

I have friends who quit their job and became a full time trader.

You can do many things if you're going all in.

You can open up a business about cryptocurrencies, not just bitcoin.

My friends opened up a Educational Website where they teach people how to trade and they are getting paid in BTC, another one of my friend posts signals for trading where in he too is getting paid in BTC.

It's really up to you. Cheesy Have a great day, and good luck.
ronremsey25

Activity: 161
Merit: 101

AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:06:41 AM

You can earn many with bitcoin but i wont advise you to quit your job for it. It is because in bitcoin it does need to be full time to earn it so you can have both. You can earn money side by side.

lazygin001

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:10:42 AM

It is quite a risky move because you don't necessary make stable income and if bitcoin falls from grace one day then you can be in some trouble.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:17:28 AM

I would not recommend that sir. Bitcoin should be your long term investment for the future and should be used only in deep dark times. Do your job and still continue to engage in bitcoin.
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:00:20 PM

No! Don't quit your job.
If you are feeling that you need to have some time to learn more and more about the bitcoin then be flexible. I mean manage your time well, a lot a time where you will just focus on bitcoin and have some time for your job. don't quit your job its too risky. but its up to you if your guts tell you to. all I can say is that if you want more time then make some time. wake up early, do your early time to discover more and learn more about bitcoin but don't quit you job. see bitcoin as a passive income and you job is your active income.

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

It is quite a risky move because you don't necessary make stable income and if bitcoin falls from grace one day then you can be in some trouble.
it's not a risky move at all it is a suicide why i would say that? because let's you gave up your good position to the good companu with high salary for investing bitcoin and taking jobs for bitcoin, yes is it good but problem is, it is not always forever that bitcoin is continously rising it will crash eventually sooner or later and you don't have any stable job to harness with and to cover your losses this will be your big problem but if you have a stable job this wouldn't be your problem i suggest that don't give up your  job for bitcoin.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

Bitcoin trading these days has become so rucreative that I am tempted to quit my present job which is not giving me enough time to explore more out of bitcoin world...

What's your take on this, should I go ahead and quit?

Thanks
do not act too fast before you are clearly correct and get the result of investing from bitcoin you should still run a real job because I think we can not confirm the bitcoin until when
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:44:41 PM

Dumping  your secured job  a full-time trading for bitcoin,this is risky.How good are you trading .How ever do not forget the danger of blindly trend trading,price volatility,unfixed market sentiment etc.Good lucky if you decide to quit.

It depends upon how is the current situation of your job. Is there any threat of down sizing ? What is the current pay and how much difference is it from bitcoin job or trade approx. profit ?  There are a lot of deciding factors and decision will be different from case to case basis.
I have seen people taking bold step , quitting their job and now are more stable with Bitcoins.
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:08:01 PM

This is up to you. If you are just starting out in bitcoin work, I advise you not to leave your current job. You do not have a steady income and have a lot of trouble starting with bitcoin. But, you have been doing bitcoin for a long time and have a stable source of income. You can leave your current job and spend a lot of time working with bitcoin

mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:15:51 PM

do not leave your work just because bitcoin notes you have the benefits you get at your work because bitcoin is made to have a recreation or emergency budget
Do not let the weight loss or just bitcoin
time is gold brother
Hasvak K

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:18:47 PM

I wonder how many people ruined their lives like this. Just because you won money during a bull run does not mean you can trade profitably over the long run.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:20:48 PM

this is a very risky move honestly.. i would not quit my job to go deep dive into BTC and rely on it.
Nowadays it's hard to find a proper job and if you have it you should stick to it to have an income, one thing you can do is to find some spare time every day and study or work for BTC.. you need an income anyway, think twice before doing this jump into the dark.
I disagree becuase for me bitcoin is only just an asset. Helping you in your financial aspect because bitcoin is profitable and you can earn here but i think its not eternal i mean its not forever maybe someday bitcoin dies but i wish it will not. Hehe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: