Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:31:13 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 11:09:13 PM by vitruvio

In fact we can't blame the employee...shit happens...

But this shows the need of an exchange.

LabRat, you know Dave, ask him about Picostock.
It's not perfect, it's not CEX.IO but it work.

I've started to code a site to exhange lrm shares, based on bitcoin transactions to check if the payment has made, half of the work (sell side) was made and part of buy side (that need to send a email to the buyer to confirm that he still interested in the buying and make the payment in a certain time) I showed the site to grnbrg and I don't even know if he reported to LabRat, anyway no one  showed interest by the site and once I checked that I can code the idea that had in my head my interest for the project was gone and I never ended it.

http://lrm.esy.es/

Regards

Not bad! Haven't tried sql injections yet, but looks pretty good. One inconvenience I noticed is if your wallet is encrypted, it turns out to be insane to enter passwords on every transaction to sign messages. Perhaps keep status in session?

How many trasactions will you make? one a day ? look at the share trading thread, the idea is to automate this procedure not pretend to be an exchange site, you can login and your address will keep remembered and yes maybe a little paranoid but when you want to sell or buy the is no doubt you want to "sell x shares @ 0.xxx" if you sign it, of course you can regret and delete it singning antoher message.

Hard to make sql injection with prepared statements, maybe my coding skills are not enough to secure the site and of course can be improved, this is only an example of how can do the share exchange with LRM no to hold any money, the exchange is made p2p, the site only count the movements. And there is many aspect to refine, there is no history with timestamp of when every status changes, if there is some complain, etc

Code:
         $stmt = $db->prepare("INSERT INTO market (type,buyer,quantity,price,email) values (2,:buyer,:quantity,:price,:email)");
$stmt->bindValue(':buyer', $buyer, PDO::PARAM_STR);
$stmt->bindValue(':quantity', $amount_to_buy, PDO::PARAM_INT);
$stmt->bindValue(':price', $buy_price, PDO::PARAM_INT);
$stmt->bindValue(':email', $buy_email, PDO::PARAM_STR);
$success = $stmt->execute();

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:10:48 PM

I could at least put together a web app that can serve as a master share list and payment spreadsheet exporter that LabRat and grnbrg can use to prevent stuff like this happening in the future.

Could you code up a CEX.IO style set up or at least lead a team that can? CEX.IO desperately needs some competition and I think we have the resources and need to give it some..... lets turn a problem into an opportunity
I could put down the framework for share count management pretty easily, but it'd be a much greater amount of work to get that system up to share trading, and then significantly more to bring it to the level of polish that CEX.IO have. I imagine their development team is reasonably large.

I might take a look around and see if there's some existing framework I can build on top of, or at least find a system with everything already thought out, so I can use that as a model to create our own. Security and reliability would be my biggest worries if we were to try and get our own platform running.

It should be easily doable with shell script, csv output from the spread sheet, bitcoind, and the amount of BTC to payout.   It could even have some safety checks to make sure nobody fat-fingers some extra digits, output the results for review, and Confirm.  I'd use a linux live cd/usb, so the system is only online when payments are being made. I'm kind of shocked this simple mech isn't in place.   This is a digital currency, humans are not needed for the maths lol.

Any idea when we might get those announcement clarifications from LR?  or is that keyboard shortage in Miami more epic then we thought? Cheesy Tongue hehe

Actually setup a "Payouts wallet" the program can get balance from and auto split it, then you just keep the spread sheet/future share list application up to date.  I wouldn't put the payout system on a website, it would instantly become a huge target.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:29:48 AM

https://www.havelockinvestments.com
M31

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:33:25 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 05:02:42 AM by M31

Wonder if we could do it like this:

Sidenote:  Yesterday I made a substantial (for me) purchase at Tigerdirect.com using BTC.  I want to support merchants like this as much as possible to encourage adoption, and I needed some parts, so it all came together.  What I found really cool about the transaction (as compared to the many I've done before in BTC with other online retailers) was that it could send information to bitcoin-qt.  Basically, I click on pay, it opens bitcoin-qt with the amount and the address all filled in, and I simply hit send!  It was too frakken easy! ...which made me think of the LRM trading problem

Trading site has a database of BTC wallet addresses and bonds associated with addresses, and record of values.

Trading site holds no BTC so LRM is not transmitting anything.

With only that data, wouldn't it be possible to use a system similar to TD to send BTC between users?  It wouldn't be full auto for buying, in that I couldn't leave a bid in and wait for the price to drop, but even in full manual mode, it's better than nothing (it could email me, making for semi-auto mode).

Example of selling:

The site knows how many bonds I have listed to sell and at what price.

If someone wishes to buy, the site will go through the transaction with them, and watch for BTC being deposited in my listed wallet before updating my bond status.

Example of buying:

The site knows how many bonds I wish to buy and at what price, but has no idea of how many bitcoins I have - it doesn't need to.

I put in a buy order.  The site generates an amount of BTC (with last 4 digits random) and offers the option to do as TD did, that is, load up bitcoin-qt with the relevant info, or allow me to manually perform the transaction.

Bitcoin-qt loads up and I hit send.  Or I send manually.

Site watches receiving wallet address.  As soon as the BTC is verified, it makes an adjustment to my bond number, as well as to the sellers.

For the admin, the site can generate a list of addresses and amounts to be paid out on div day (in an easy to use format for when LR is absent).

Also, with all of this data, making plots should be pretty simple.

Can anyone here do this?

What do you think LR?  Unless you have something planned, does this get around the transmission problem, yet still keep things fluid and simple enough?
vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:08:44 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 02:14:21 PM by vitruvio

Wonder if we could do it like this:

Sidenote:  Yesterday I made a substantial (for me) purchase at Tigerdirect.com using BTC.  I want to support merchants like this as much as possible to encourage adoption, and I needed some parts, so it all came together.  What I found really cool about the transaction (as compared to the many I've done before in BTC with other online retailers) was that it could send information to bitcoin-qt.  Basically, I click on pay, it opens bitcoin-qt with the amount and the address all filled in, and I simply hit send!  It was too frakken easy! ...which made me think of the LRM trading problem

Trading site has a database of BTC wallet addresses and bonds associated with addresses, and record of values.

Trading site holds no BTC so LRM is not transmitting anything.

With only that data, wouldn't it be possible to use a system similar to TD to send BTC between users?  It wouldn't be full auto for buying, in that I couldn't leave a bid in and wait for the price to drop, but even in full manual mode, it's better than nothing (it could email me, making for semi-auto mode).

Example of selling:

The site knows how many bonds I have listed to sell and at what price.

If someone wishes to buy, the site will go through the transaction with them, and watch for BTC being deposited in my listed wallet before updating my bond status.

Tha's the easy part, and that's because already done in my test.

Example of buying:

The site knows how many bonds I wish to buy and at what price, but has no idea of how many bitcoins I have - it doesn't need to.

I put in a buy order.  The site generates an amount of BTC (with last 4 digits random) and offers the option to do as TD did, that is, load up bitcoin-qt with the relevant info, or allow me to manually perform the transaction.

Bitcoin-qt loads up and I hit send.  Or I send manually.

Site watches receiving wallet address.  As soon as the BTC is verified, it makes an adjustment to my bond number, as well as to the sellers.

For the admin, the site can generate a list of addresses and amounts to be paid out on div day (in an easy to use format for when LR is absent).

Also, with all of this data, making plots should be pretty simple.

Can anyone here do this?

What do you think LR?  Unless you have something planned, does this get around the transmission problem, yet still keep things fluid and simple enough?

When you want to buy maybe there is no info about you in the system, no btc address or mail, yo set a bid with your mail and if any sellet wants to accept it we must block this bid and send you a mail with the seller address, then you have some time (hours) to make the payment. After that the system check the blockchain, the same way where selling, and when the payment is made update seller's shares and create new buyer address and store shares or update the amount if buyer already exists.

As you say there must be a manual as localbitcoin does. I can't figure an auto mode to buying side.

Regards
bobfranklin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

I was an over payment as well, have been away for the long weekend and just noticed it.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:12:16 PM

tremendous lack of keyboards in Miami it seems.
bigasic

Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:26:44 PM

I need help from the LR community. I've already reached out to LR and ill talk to him further when he gets back from the show, but Im starting an online call in radio show regarding bitcoin and I want to start the show off with some really good guests. I've tried Gavin (no go) and havent heard back from some others. If any of you have connections with anyone that is big in bitcoin, I would love to hear from you via pm.

I want the first 4 shows to be off the charts as far as guests.. This will be a call in radio show that will be streamed live via the internet and also saved for podcasts. Also, I would like some ideas for the first 4 shows..

Thanks for your help...
||bit

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:40:45 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 11:54:47 PM by ||bit

I need help from the LR community. I've already reached out to LR and ill talk to him further when he gets back from the show, but Im starting an online call in radio show regarding bitcoin and I want to start the show off with some really good guests. I've tried Gavin (no go) and havent heard back from some others. If any of you have connections with anyone that is big in bitcoin, I would love to hear from you via pm.

I want the first 4 shows to be off the charts as far as guests.. This will be a call in radio show that will be streamed live via the internet and also saved for podcasts. Also, I would like some ideas for the first 4 shows..

Thanks for your help...

Broad Categories:

Future of Bitcoin
... What will really increase it's adoption.
... What is the trend.
... Bitcoin and Wall Street (Winklevoss bro's and BTC Fund)

Mining
... Difficulty
... Trend towards centralized mining and the impact
... Specific companies
... Cloud mining or mining farms

CryptoCurrency in general.
... Actually revolutionary or not.
... AltCoins adoption.. which is #2..and any up and comers.

Governmental and Banking Responses
... Influences (e.g. MtGox and KYC)
... China government & banks

Also, I think a very interesting & useful category would be one that explores what unique or new opportunities bitcoin brings... new businesses and/or careers and/or investment opportunities.
Interview people that have made new businesses that did not exist before bitcoin. And what new technologies might come out of it that will lead to even more business opportunities - perhaps one's that are only just popping up on the radar of business minded minds.
M31

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:59:31 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 01:10:03 AM by M31

Thanks for your help...

My primary in interest in cryptocurrencies has always been the potential they have for releasing the monetary stranglehold on the citizens of many developing nations, not to mention developed nations! (but like global warming in arctic regions, the impact of change will be felt most at the fringes).  I imagine, when used as a currency/commodity, bitcoin will change millions of otherwise impoverished people's lives in countless positive ways.  People who have so much to contribute but simply lack the opportunity.  

There were brilliant minds that we never had the chance to hear from because they starved to death, or were part of the millions who needlessly died from war or disease, or live now, hopeless.  Think of the power of a high school education -- something most of us take for granted, but most of the planet lacks.  Bitcoin can change this... or at least be a catalyst for change.

To me, this matters most, so of course I'd love to encourage you to speak on the changes that not only bitcoin, but the bitcoin community can make.  These times are the initial conditions...
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:59:46 AM

tremendous lack of keyboards in Miami it seems.

Yah I was going all through the Will Smith song in my head, and he mentions girls, beaches, heat, rain, clubs, bentleys, expensive cars, celebrities, annnnd absolutely nothing about keyboards, weird huh?

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 03:22:46 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 03:33:25 AM by digit

I must have a missed something as i have never received any dividends from this since bitfunder shutdown.  my public shareholder was set to correct address but it has not received any LR divs and now i get an email (the only email i've ever received from LR) claiming i've been overpaid... :\

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:34:51 AM

I must have a missed something as i have never received any dividends from this since bitfunder shutdown.  my public shareholder was set to correct address but it has not received any LR divs and now i get an email (the only email i've ever received from LR) claiming i've been overpaid... :\

You needed to send an email to LRM right after Bitfunder shut down with a specific message posted in this thread stating your address, share count etc. and sign the whole thing with your Bitcoin wallet as proof of identity.

You may just want to PM Grnbrg and get full directions.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:37:43 AM

Hate doubel posting like this but... this did not belong in the above post so...

I am away for the week... and no shortage or surplus of keyboards can grant me access to the BTC wallet where these over paid funds are. I will not be back before divs are paid... so... what is the plan for those who do not pay back before then? Or ever?

Nice that we can get a personalized email with an amount owed and what is prob a unique BTC addy to send it to... how come we can't get a formal psot?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
grnbrg

Activity: 509

Official LRM shill

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:27:18 AM

Hate doubel posting like this but... this did not belong in the above post so...

I am away for the week... and no shortage or surplus of keyboards can grant me access to the BTC wallet where these over paid funds are. I will not be back before divs are paid... so... what is the plan for those who do not pay back before then? Or ever?

Nice that we can get a personalized email with an amount owed and what is prob a unique BTC addy to send it to... how come we can't get a formal psot?

Lab_Rat got back from Miami around noon today, and apparently has lots to do.  :/  Sorry for the slow information flow...

The emails are from his assistant, who is basing it on the details of Saturday's payments.  I haven't seen them yet, as I wasn't one of the lucky who were overpaid.  As I said yesterday, until Lab_Rat has decided how exactly the overpayments are to be handled, I'm not going to comment on what people should do, other than wait.

I do feel confident is saying, though, that regardless of overpayment status, you won't end up losing dividends.  If you were supposed to get 0.1BTC on the 25th, but got 1.5BTC (ie: overpaid 1.4) and on the 1st (This coming Saturday) you were supposed to get 0.08BTC, then the worst case scenario would be that you then owe 1.32BTC (1.4 - 0.08).

grnbrg.
Mindsync Miner

Activity: 69

An independent miner.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:58:56 AM

I received the overpay email and returned the requested amount.  I hope the amount stated was correct.

You'll know me as dgiors in some other forums.
LTC: LWUQSovF76vTPoCnoH9NzfChX6dxQ6Qra7 BTC: 1MQLfiKA5A6goEiSwMdVyVvFw4YgCj489V
bobfranklin

Activity: 116

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:13:02 AM

I was overpaid but haven't received an email. It wasn't a huge amount but in the interest of being honest and fair I'm letting people know.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt
levi

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:58:39 PM

I was overpaid but haven't received an email. It wasn't a huge amount but in the interest of being honest and fair I'm letting people know.
In the same boat here. Maybe the email was only sent out to those that were significantly overpaid, or possibly to those who would not be able to be pay-adjusted within the next dividend.

My guess would be the latter, for example I was only overpaid by about 30% which could easily be recovered by reducing my next payout slightly.

Would be nice to hear from LR what the whole plan is, though I'm assuming he's busy with everything that's been going on for the last few days. Smiley
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:06:27 PM

Nobody is so busy that they release what should be a monumental press release and the go AFK for 4 days. Just answer the questions lab-rat the longer the wait goes on the more it seems like you just dumped LRM for a job on the coinseed project.
||bit

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:17:37 PM

grnbrg,

If there an updated bond list available?
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: