Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:55:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

If Vince was right about the hardware, why hasn't LR said anything about it arriving yet? Why would it be a secret? Unless LR was thinking there is a chance it might not be legally necessary to report it to investors... of course, this presumes Vince was correct.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:10:01 PM

If Vince was right about the hardware, why hasn't LR said anything about it arriving yet? Why would it be a secret? Unless LR was thinking there is a chance it might not be legally necessary to report it to investors... of course, this presumes Vince was correct.

Because LR decided to not post anything here anymore, untill he has some big wall of text again, or some random no-content remark

It's not like we ever have been informed about hashrate, or any other operational status updates
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:01:09 AM

Because LR decided to not post anything here anymore, untill he has some big wall of text again, or some random no-content remark

It's not like we ever have been informed about hashrate, or any other operational status updates

we don't even know where the pools in use are. . nor can we see it
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:24:42 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 02:11:15 AM by BKM

I wholeheartedly agree that the transparency issue needs to be resolved concurrent or precedent to the issue of the legal status of participants in LRM mining. In fact, there is nothing that prevents transparency in advance of the resolution of the legal issues. Indeed, it may favorably dispose LRM towards its stakeholders (the issue of us being shareholders or bondholders remains to be clarified in the eyes of the SEC et al) and the various regulatory bodies pressing for resolution of the issue. I cannot possibly imagine a case where a lack of transparency would be to the benefit of LRM unless it is due to some form of malfeasance. There is no solve for malfeasance save for a legal process undertaken by regulators and/or stakeholders. [edit: I personally do not believe there has been any malfeasant motive on LRM's part]

If it is simply a lack of resources available to provide the required transparency, this is simply an excuse and is completely unacceptable. It is still not too late to provide the transparency required of a company in LRM's position; that of one solicitous of investments from the public. To suggest that the anonymous members of this forum and the Bitcoin community in general are a closed community and that they fall with in the bound of SEC regulations surrounding private share offerings to accredited investors is tenuous at best. I pretty much guarantee that LRM will lose big time on that front if they proffer that argument to the regulators.

So, provide transparency and support your position to the regulators and to the community of investors or.......not? Seems like a simple rubric Zach...... ponder carefully but quickly. For as you know all too well, time is of the essence.

I like the idea of transparency - it seems to me that it would go a long ways to solving a main issue with your investors..... and maybe the  gummint revenuers too.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

I wholeheartedly agree that the transparency issue needs to be resolved concurrent or precedent to the issue of the legal status of participants in LRM mining. In fact, there is nothing that prevents transparency in advance of the resolution of the legal issues. Indeed, it may favorably dispose LRM towards its stakeholders (the issue of us being shareholders or bondholders remains to be clarified in the eyes of the SEC et al) and the various regulatory bodies pressing for resolution of the issue. I cannot possibly imagine a case where a lack of transparency would be to the benefit of LRM unless it is due to some form of malfeasance. There is no solve for malfeasance save for a legal process undertaken by regulators and/or stakeholders. [edit: I personally do not believe there has been any malfeasant motive on LRM's part]

If it is simply a lack of resources available to provide the required transparency, this is simply an excuse and is completely unacceptable. It is still not too late to provide the transparency required of a company in LRM's position; that of one solicitous of investments from the public. To suggest that the anonymous members of this forum and the Bitcoin community in general are a closed community and that they fall with in the bound of SEC regulations surrounding private share offerings to accredited investors is tenuous at best. I pretty much guarantee that LRM will lose big time on that front if they proffer that argument to the regulators.

So, provide transparency and support your position to the regulators and to the community of investors or.......not? Seems like a simple rubric Zach...... ponder carefully but quickly. For as you know all too well, time is of the essence.

I like the idea of transparency - it seems to me that it would go a long ways to solving a main issue with your investors..... and maybe the  gummint revenuers too.

BKM .. saying the same words over and over again doesn't make it so. How you would like it ... similarly.

Zack / La Brat is actually not in the drivers seat here. You are.

Labrat... you are over your head here son. Liquidate.  ASAP.

And let me re-iterate my view : Its a Ponzi and LR is a thief. You all did it because you were greedy and didn't want to work together.
BKM

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:20:56 AM

BKM .. saying the same words over and over again doesn't make it so. How you would like it ... similarly.

And let me re-iterate my view : Its a Ponzi and LR is a thief. You all did it because you were greedy and didn't want to work together.

Do you even own any LRM share/bonds/contracts? Do you have evidence that LRM is a ponzi, scam or that Zach is a thief? Or, are you just attempting to entertain us?
int03h

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

Do you even own any LRM share/bonds/contracts? Do you have evidence that LRM is a ponzi, scam or that Zach is a thief? Or, are you just attempting to entertain us?

funny.. you require evidence from me for just suggesting it but demand nothing from the person holding your money  Huh?

burn you fucking idiot. burn.
bobfranklin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:35:07 AM

Generally thieves take without permission (theft) and give nothing in return, and pozni's use other investors to pay off existing investors (either in lump sums or partial). Neither of those is happening here by pure definition that I can see.

Libel could be happening here, and we could all be handed the raw end of a pie eyed dream souring however it doesn't make it a ponzi or the man in question a thief.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt
BKM

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:38:35 AM

funny.. you require evidence from me for just suggesting it but demand nothing from the person holding your money  Huh?

Even funnier is your complete lack of reading comprehension. I require no evidence from those that demean themselves by their own words. If you are interested in facts - perhaps you would take a little more time to examine the fact that I demanded transparency (defined as "evidence" just in case you needed someone to break it down for you there champ) from LRM in my post.

As for you........ on the special kind of ignore reserved for exceptional dumbasses.  

int03h

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:47:31 AM

Even funnier is your complete lack of reading comprehension. I require no evidence from those that demean themselves by their own words. If you are interested in facts - perhaps you would take a little more time to examine the fact that I demanded transparency (defined as "evidence" just in case you needed someone to break it down for you there champ) from LRM in my post.

As for you........ on the special kind of ignore reserved for exceptional dumbasses.  

oooo nooooooooooo bkm is going to ignore me .. what will I do .. !?!?! BKM you have added no value at the best of times. They are at best duplicitous and the worst just random brain farts. Ignore me .. thank god.  .
bobfranklin

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:56:22 AM

Well that was tedious enough to encourage me to go back to cleaning a fishtank instead of procrastinating.

So much like a school yard at times.

int03h

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:01:08 AM

Well that was tedious enough to encourage me to go back to cleaning a fishtank instead of procrastinating.

you cleaned fish tanks at school ?
bobfranklin

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:04:37 AM

you cleaned fish tanks at school ?

What an odd thing to ask.

||bit

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:05:38 AM

It seems to me that Labrat can solve all issues with one simple business change.

Define all hardware as hardware belonging to investors. And LRM's function is only to act as a hosting service.
Investors are actually customers. And LR can charge a 5% hosting & service fee.

Customers (formerly known as LRM investors) receive 85-90% of all minded coins and can then make the decision to send LR more of those bitcoins to purchase & install more hardware.

Simple.

After all, if I recall correctly, Labrat used the term "group purchase" to describe this business better than anything else.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:52:16 PM

It seems to me that Labrat can solve all issues with one simple business change.

Define all hardware as hardware belonging to investors. And LRM's function is only to act as a hosting service.
Investors are actually customers. And LR can charge a 5% hosting & service fee.

Customers (formerly known as LRM investors) receive 85-90% of all minded coins and can then make the decision to send LR more of those bitcoins to purchase & install more hardware.

Simple.

After all, if I recall correctly, Labrat used the term "group purchase" to describe this business better than anything else.

Another of many good suggestions.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
mike81

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:51:25 PM

So i'm not a big share holder here and i don't always follow this thread. It seems to me all investors bought shares in Labrat's LLC on the basis that he tries to run a profitable company. Please correct me if i'm wrong but now it seems we bought a number of mhs per share. To me that was never the idea. I'm not even going to start about tradeable shares but if all i wanted to buy was a static amount of hashing power i would have gone to cex.io. With an ever increasing hashrate (and therefore decreasing payouts) this investment doesn't make sense.
||bit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

So i'm not a big share holder here and i don't always follow this thread. It seems to me all investors bought shares in Labrat's LLC on the basis that he tries to run a profitable company. Please correct me if i'm wrong but now it seems we bought a number of mhs per share. To me that was never the idea. I'm not even going to start about tradeable shares but if all i wanted to buy was a static amount of hashing power i would have gone to cex.io. With an ever increasing hashrate (and therefore decreasing payouts) this investment doesn't make sense.

Explain that to Labrat. Nobody would have bought the shares if they were static and didn't grow proportionately with hardware. Labrat never sold bondholders that agreement, and he knows it. And of course he knows we know he knows that (it's documented in emails & internet archives). This is why lawsuits have been a topic for the past couple weeks.
mike81

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Explain that to Labrat. Nobody would have bought the shares if they were static and didn't grow proportionately with hardware. Labrat never sold bondholders that agreement, and he knows it. And of course he knows we know he knows that (it's documented). This is why lawsuits have been a topic for the past couple weeks.

I'm not about to sue. That won't help anyone because the LLC would simply go out of business. Labrat has always been reasonable so i'm not sure what has happened. It would be nice to get some from of explanation.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:30:31 PM

Any hint of when we might get an update?

How is it possible that the lawyer has not been able to set out a brief summary of the key issues and the prosposed solution to share with us?

Perhaps remind the lawyer that it is literally part of his or her job - a very important part! - to meet deadlines set by a client.  I am a lawyer, I should know.  I imagine with the months already spent pondering these questions it would take all of an hour to prepare a memo.
||bit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:22:15 PM

Explain that to Labrat. Nobody would have bought the shares if they were static and didn't grow proportionately with hardware. Labrat never sold bondholders that agreement, and he knows it. And of course he knows we know he knows that (it's documented). This is why lawsuits have been a topic for the past couple weeks.

I'm not about to sue. That won't help anyone because the LLC would simply go out of business. Labrat has always been reasonable so i'm not sure what has happened. It would be nice to get some from of explanation.

I don't think anyone will sue if he maintains the spirit of the original agreement. The legal topics came up because the way it was sounding was that he planned to make bonds static. And some of his subsequent communication seemed to carry a bit of legal posturing defending any decisions. So, I don't blame people for discussing legal options - at least in terms of showing willingness to legally counter such a reverse on the agreement. If he did do that, the LLC going out of business might be the best thing, even if liquidating meant less of a return to investors. Nobody would want to see someone get away by dishonoring an agreement and then ending up wealthier off the backs of sucker investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: